...but they're legends!

ferret · 12901

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: May 14, 2008, 08:00:03 AM
Quote from: "Saint(c)"
Metallica and thats about it. That band*if you can call it that* is pathetic :twisted:

Umm... Can i ask why you think that? I won't be insulted, and everyones has a right to their opinion, but just saying "Metallica is pathetic" or for example "Kirk sucks" aint on. Sure, if someone think Kirk sucks thats okay, at least say why...  :roll:

MODERATOR'd!

Offline YusamiUne

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: May 14, 2008, 06:04:56 PM
I have to say Metallica and the Beatles mostly. I never cared for either...
That's my penny :p

A Rose is breathing love
in my life"

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: May 14, 2008, 08:00:06 PM
Quote from: "Menacia"
Pink Floyd: I liked the Laser show vid from the 90s, but most of their songs... well ... People say that The Wall is a classic, but I dunno why....

Nirvana: the unplugged MTV event was nice, but overall, I never understood their fame...

Dir en Grey: well....what can I say.... Not my sound

The wall was an album by Roger waters, he did it all. He was quite a dictator back then. The real Floyd classic, also their best selling and one of the best produced albums of all time, is Dark side of the moon, you can also try some progressive gems like "Shine on you crazy diamond" or "Echoes", these pieces are far from the conceptual music of The wall. There's also their psychodelical period. :wink:

Nirvana, don't like them much too. Neither Michael Jackson and all that poppy stuff.

Iron Maiden is a bit overrated, they've done such great records and are a energic live band but they tend to repeat themselves.

Offline Madjhatter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: May 14, 2008, 08:25:18 PM
another person I've heard refeered to as a legend is Marilyn Manson. I'm not sure why, he hasn't been around as long as others. Sure, he writes some good songs, his shows are crazy cool *saw that firsthand this year* plus he brought alot of shock elements up front and then got heat from the media from the columbine(sp?) shooting years back and took it.

but over all, he's overrated. I hear so many people go on about this and that about him and I still he comes off as overrated.

~Live boldly. Take risks. Make somebody say, "what the hell was that all about?"~

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: May 15, 2008, 12:12:25 PM
Quote from: "Madjhatter"
another person I've heard refeered to as a legend is Marilyn Manson.

Quote from: "ferret"
Lolz, ok, people are losing orientaion. It's not about who is legendary and who's not, it's about musicians who are widely considered legends you could never get into.

Why does nobody EVER listen to me, is it because of my height? That must be it.

And yeah, as somebody mentioned, just writing XY sucks without explanation is borderline spamming.

RIP

Offline Madjhatter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: May 15, 2008, 05:52:15 PM
ferret, I heard you.  height is not a factor because I'm a short person.
I put 'another person I've heard' because its a matter of opinion of what people think. what one group could consider a legend, another group doesn't. even though some artists are widely considered legends, not everyone agrees. then again, what makes a legend? longevity, originality, or what? everyone has their own opinion of what makes a legend, just as this thread has posts of people who think so and so, who is considered a legend, sucks or is overrated, etc.
 back to my post, do I think Manson is a legend? no. I've just heard him referred as such.

And yeah, as somebody mentioned, just writing XY sucks without explanation is borderline spamming.

Y sucks, X doesn't  :P

~Live boldly. Take risks. Make somebody say, "what the hell was that all about?"~