• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Dead End

Dangle · 15937

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: November 08, 2009, 09:19:24 PM
I dunno what you guys are talking about, sure his vocals are different but I don't think it ruins it. In my opinion they're baddassness is still intact!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: November 08, 2009, 10:27:42 PM
His voice is different now because he has lost his original range, therefore is compensating for it by adopting a different vocal style. His Creature Creature-esque vocals possess enough vibrato to kill a moose.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: November 09, 2009, 10:15:58 AM
His Creature Creature-esque vocals possess enough vibrato to kill a moose.
LOL, I laughed when reading that.

But it still doesn't make me like it. I'll just listen to the old Dead End and don't bother listening to the new stuff.

shane140

Reply #63 on: November 10, 2009, 06:57:16 PM
A preview of the new song "dress burning" is up on their official myspace.

METAMORPHOSIS RELEASE TOMORROW
Myspaceのトップページをリニューアルしました。
新しいDEAD ENDの新しいイメージと一緒に。
いよいよ明日、アルバムが発売されます。
「Metamorphosis」がどのくらい拡がるか楽しみです。
そして、Tour 2009 "Metamorphosis"に向けてのリハーサルも
順調です。メンバー・スタッフ一同にこの20年ぶりのDEAD ENDの
ツアーに向けて準備を進めています。コンサートグッズも製作してます。
もうすぐ、新しく変化..を遂げた
DEAD ENDのアルバムをそして、ライブを心待ちにしてくれている
みなさんに会えることを楽しみにしています!

Myspace page has a new look and goes with DEAD END's new image.  Metamorphosis will be released tomorrow.  We hope you pre-ordered it and you will hear it soon.  I am curious how Metamorphosis will expand in the international music market.  The rehearsals are exciting and the  preparation for the Tour 2009 Metamorphosis is going well.  The merchandise is also in progress now.  How will DEAD END's metamorphose?  We will meet you very soon at the venue.

So i guess Dead End are changing their style after all. :(

After all of this, i was so excited for the new album, but i might not buy it now because so far it really is too J-rocky by the sounds of it.What a let down.I know i've only heard 2 tracks but i'm not feeling it to be honest.

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
  • I think I am a banana tree
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #64 on: November 10, 2009, 09:08:09 PM
This whole thing is becoming very disappointing, and they haven't even released much yet. What a shame.

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: November 10, 2009, 09:13:03 PM
This whole thing is becoming very disappointing, and they haven't even released much yet. What a shame.
Yeah.

"Metamorphosis" is a lame theme for a reunion of an old band. Don't change because you wanna be with the "cool vk kids". Please.

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #66 on: November 11, 2009, 03:09:51 AM
Yeah, that really irks me, too.

If you're doing a reunion, chances are you won't be attracting many newbies. You'll probably get people who were fans before the reunion, and I doubt many long-time fans want to see ANYTHING change.

Besides, these changes don't seem to be for anything good. Dead End's music never sounded too old-fashioned to me, I would think it would be fine to play nowadays. (Hah, listen to me. "Nowadays"...)

GARBAGE DAY!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: November 11, 2009, 11:07:57 AM
If you're doing a reunion, chances are you won't be attracting many newbies. You'll probably get people who were fans before the reunion, and I doubt many long-time fans want to see ANYTHING change.
Thisssssssss

Yeah, we sound like old men XDD

shane140

Reply #68 on: November 11, 2009, 04:56:13 PM
OK, i have downloaded the new album, i'm kinda dreading hearing it but i'll give it a try. If i like i'll buy but i have a feeling i don't think i will.

Offline demonbefriender

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal
Reply #69 on: November 11, 2009, 06:56:41 PM
I'm listening to it right now. Nothing has stood out to me yet, except for Devil Sleep. And not in a good way. Honestly, that song is just... terrible. He sounds like that one Kyo guy.

GARBAGE DAY!

shane140

Reply #70 on: November 11, 2009, 07:00:34 PM
I'm listening to it right now. Nothing has stood out to me yet, except for Devil Sleep. And not in a good way. Honestly, that song is just... terrible. He sounds like that one Kyo guy.
My thoughts exactly,i think that's the worst song on there, especially that screaming bit at the beginning, just ugh.
I think the song that sounds the most like the old Dead End is Kill Me Baby, well music wise, the vocals are just bad on most of them.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: November 11, 2009, 07:43:29 PM
I will not download this album because it seems to be just one big piece of shit.

shane140

Reply #72 on: November 11, 2009, 07:48:35 PM
I will not download this album because it seems to be just one big piece of shit.

Yeah, it's what i should've done, i will now delete it and never listen to it again. What a fucking let down,i'm  so disappointed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 07:50:14 PM by shane140 »

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #73 on: November 11, 2009, 07:58:56 PM
I listened to it... that's not bad music but that's not Dead End...

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline neo-shaman

• Sunday Listener
  • rockpolice
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:29 PM
I've listened to the new album for quite a few times now.
It's kinda growing on me O.o Just like Princess. I didn't like it at first [except for the main riff], but not I think it's quite good. Not Perfume of Violence, but hey - IV was not Sadistic Desire either.

As you guys have said, Morrie's vocals put me off quite a bit. It's the moose vibrato [lolled hard for that one, thanx :D]
They can still write damn good riffs, but otherwise the album ain't so good. I didn't expect it to be, since my fav Dead End album is their debut :D

I'm think I'm gonna stick with Dead Line. Btw, just ordered the reissue version of it. \,,/

OLD SKOOL VISUAL DESTRUXION
GUITAR DRUM BASS

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: December 04, 2009, 04:20:25 PM
I'm think I'm gonna stick with Dead Line. Btw, just ordered the reissue version of it. \,,/

I was thinking of doing that too... But I already wasted more money than I can afford @D@

And thanX for the little "review", but it still won't make me check out the album. :P