X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki variety show(Downtown Now) & Yoshiki channel(ft.Paul Stanley)

lakeisle · 8796

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the translation. It's interesting to read that Yoshiki wants to have a family and have babies.  ;D

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I completely agree Teemeah, I just doubt the reason that "the world" is still waiting for the album is artistic.
I think Yoshiki might be rather waiting for a vision than actually having one(not in general, only concerning X since the reunion).
But that's ok, he made enough great music for one lifetime!

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

YOSHIKI : Right. Hyde is right. But I wonder why artists should release an album every year or once every 2 years. If I wanted to make money, I would have chosen another job. I love classical music. I want to create music that future generations listen to. I'd like to pour effort into making masterpieces that will survives for over 100 years, not into releasing new albums every year.

I agree with YoshToshBGosh in some ways.

Yoshiki often says he admires Schubert's music. But I don't think Yoshiki would know it. Schubert had been an absolutely opposite type of musician with Yoshiki. I mean, Schubert composed music to make money. He never dreamed of composing everlasting masterpieces. Schubert's dream was just making money and getting married by composing. (Of course, he failed both)

I watched the uncut version of "We Are X" yesterday. Yoshiki says he looks at the line of music from left to right, from top to the bottom. He also says X Japan's music is very calculated every single second. He says such a musical composition is pretty not common as a rock band. He looks very proud when he talks about that.

But, you know, Schubert didn't calculate anything when he wrote music. He just wrote what comes to his mind. I know Schubert has his own working style, and so is Yoshiki. Yoshiki's admiration for Schubert doesn't mean Yoshiki should compose like Schubert did. But I think Yoshiki's self-conscious is excessive. He calls himself "classical musician" and emphasizes he was trained classically, wants to compose such as what Beethoven did, blah blah... I mean Yoshiki's self-consciousness about classical music seems to interfere his creating and recording.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
lakeisle???

What do you mean by "uncut version"? There are definitely 2 versions, then? One is cut? I am thinking mine is cut as what you are talking about is not on mine.  Or if it is, I haven't seen it, yet.  I have 2 DVDs. One is the regular DVD and the other is a Blu Ray but came in a regular box. not metal box.  Amazon, here, did not offer any other versions that I am aware of.  Hmmm.

Sometimes our tears blinded the love
We lost out dreams along the way
But I never thought you'd trade your soul to the fates
Never thought you'd leave me alone

Teemeah

The regional versions might be different. Korea may have gotten an extra package :) It is not uncommon in Asia to release several versions of the same thing to market it better (fanatics will buy it multiple times because of the different extras. I hate this kind of marketing, but it is very common)

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
It's not really uncommon, anywhere.  Here in town, there are many different chain stores that all have special versions of movies, too.  They're all the same movie but many have extras on them that the others don't and even if 3 out of 5 have extras, they're usually each different from one another.  SMH. LOL

Teemeah

I haven't really seen it in my country, people here don't buy this kind of marketing,, I guess. LOL. I have only ever seen this type of thing with Asian stuff I waned to buy.  ;D

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
It's especially prevalent in the gaming and sci-fi market.  And those people will eat that up with their wallets. LOL. My son is one of them.  Hahahaha!  ;D

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
lakeisle???

What do you mean by "uncut version"? There are definitely 2 versions, then? One is cut? I am thinking mine is cut as what you are talking about is not on mine.  Or if it is, I haven't seen it, yet.  I have 2 DVDs. One is the regular DVD and the other is a Blu Ray but came in a regular box. not metal box.  Amazon, here, did not offer any other versions that I am aware of.  Hmmm.

I don't know about metal box. In my country, there are 2 versions of blueray - blue and red. I've watched red version.

Offline LEMONedMe

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Even more puzzling.  Both of mine are in blue boxes.  Hahahaha!

Teemeah

Even more puzzling.  Both of mine are in blue boxes.  Hahahaha!

The Korean versions had a different design concept. It's not like the US blue cover slip: http://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/we-are-x-blu-ray-slipbox-the-blu-collection-limited-edition-korea.86241/

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile

YOSHIKI :  If I wanted to make money, I would have chosen another job.

Hahahahaha. He has the balls to say that to the working class' face. 
Yoshiki for president. Make Japan great again.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline YoshToshBGosh

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
He calls himself "classical musician" and emphasizes he was trained classically, wants to compose such as what Beethoven did, blah blah... I mean Yoshiki's self-consciousness about classical music seems to interfere his creating and recording.
Yeah, his classical influences used to give X's music an unique twist, while to me, everything post-reunion sounds kinda overthought, like coming more from the brain than from the heart and guts. Making great rock music, I think, comes from playing and shaping ideas in rehearsal, by musicians that have a chemistry. Not so much from sitting on your desk in front of sheets or a Midi editor.
Or maybe its all just because Yoshiki can't headbang wildly behind his drums anymore ;-)

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
He calls himself "classical musician" and emphasizes he was trained classically, wants to compose such as what Beethoven did, blah blah... I mean Yoshiki's self-consciousness about classical music seems to interfere his creating and recording.
Yeah, his classical influences used to give X's music an unique twist, while to me, everything post-reunion sounds kinda overthought, like coming more from the brain than from the heart and guts. Making great rock music, I think, comes from playing and shaping ideas in rehearsal, by musicians that have a chemistry. Not so much from sitting on your desk in front of sheets or a Midi editor.
Or maybe its all just because Yoshiki can't headbang wildly behind his drums anymore ;-)

indeed.

hope one day they are sitting together in the rehearsal room (is this the right english word for the room where bands are practicing?) maybe drinking some beers and just jamming. and then the spirit is happening again and they choose to write the music together.

but there is one song from post-reunion that is kinda different. Beneath the skin. okay, its not for X, its for S.K.I.N. and not from Yosh but sugizo, but I like that song. Its a surprise. First I've heard the song in wembley at it really hooked me.

positively unsure。

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile

[/quote]but there is one song from post-reunion that is kinda different. Beneath the skin. okay, its not for X, its for S.K.I.N. and not from Yosh but sugizo, but I like that song. Its a surprise. First I've heard the song in wembley at it really hooked me.
[/quote]

Same here! When I heard the song the first time, I didn't think about it much. But the performance in Wembley was really good, I think it's one of the best songs they have made.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Does anyone have the lyrics of "Beneath the Skin"? I really wonder about the lyrics of the song.

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

The Korean versions had a different design concept. It's not like the US blue cover slip: http://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/we-are-x-blu-ray-slipbox-the-blu-collection-limited-edition-korea.86241/

Teemeah, thank you for clearing it up. I think you know more about entertainment industry in my country than I do. Because you are a fan of Big Bang.  :) X Japan is the first entertainer I follow in my life, and I'm new to everything.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Of course,

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rv7qiklp.html

there are subtitles =)

positively unsure。

Offline lakeisle

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Of course,

http://www.iqiyi.com/w_19rv7qiklp.html

there are subtitles =)

Thank you soooooo much!!!  :)

Teemeah

But it's like someone was just trying to decipher Toshi's pronunciation :D It can be anything :D