Reply #30 on: February 22, 2007, 11:35:29 AM
Why compare them anyway?

RIP

Offline Cr@zyBitch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/melina_oriana
Reply #31 on: February 22, 2007, 11:48:56 AM
Yoshiki and hide have a completely way of writing songs guys and girls.hide was different,his songs were different.Yoshiki was and is more sensitive imo...thats why his songs are so different....

URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 22, 2007, 11:50:07 AM
when they have the same abillity plus they were in the same band...i dont think im the only person who compare their song and lyric writing skills... :D

true friendship is like pee in your pants...everyone can see it but only you can feel it true warmth!

Offline Cr@zyBitch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: February 22, 2007, 11:51:34 AM
oh...well...i'm talking about hide's solo career to be honest^^

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: February 22, 2007, 11:54:12 AM
oh no...im answering a question from ferret...^^

true friendship is like pee in your pants...everyone can see it but only you can feel it true warmth!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 22, 2007, 11:55:28 AM
Quote from: "asymaverick"
when they have the same abillity plus they were in the same band...i dont think im the only person who compare their song and lyric writing skills... :D

what do you mean with same ability? First of all, they played different instruments, so naturally, hide would write his songs more guitar centered (X was a guitar centered band as well, but Yoshiki felt more like a composer I think so that he had all the instruments in mind).
I don't like to compare like that (that's why I never post in those 'What/Who is the best...?' threads).

RIP

Offline Cr@zyBitch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: February 22, 2007, 11:55:44 AM
ohhh gomen ne^^

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: February 22, 2007, 12:05:57 PM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
Its not hard to write a song..but writing good songs takes talent.From X..only Yoshiki and hide could pull that off 8)

Taiji could too, don't you remember songs like Voiceless Screaming, Phantom of Guilt, Desperate Angel... etc.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Cr@zyBitch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 22, 2007, 12:08:08 PM
Hurley's right....and Voiceless Screaming is one of my fav. X songs....Taiji's song

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 22, 2007, 12:12:33 PM
when they have the same ability...its mean when both of them can write good songs and lyrics...oh well X Japan is more success than Hide solo career...most of X Japan songs is written by Yoshiki himself...and i think Yoshiki unpurposely teach Hide to write better songs>i raed this in wikipedia...hey its not a fault to compare people...most of peoples did that, you can never deny this!

Offline Cr@zyBitch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: February 22, 2007, 12:15:16 PM
first of all its hide not Hide...and second,how can someone teach someone else to write good songs?are you kidding me?writing a song isnt baking a cake.it is sth that comes natural...it is someone's feelings.and yeah X Japan made a bigger career than hide but what is that supposed to mean?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #41 on: February 22, 2007, 12:16:50 PM
Yea I just wanted to mention, Taiji wrote rather well also...

And if I remember it right Toshi wrote Voiceless Screaming's lyrics (music was by Taiji)

This is my administrator color.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: February 22, 2007, 12:27:27 PM
when they have the same ability...its mean when both of them can write good songs and lyrics...oh well X Japan is more success than Hide solo career...most of X Japan songs is written by Yoshiki himself...and i think Yoshiki unpurposely teach Hide to write better songs>i raed this in wikipedia...hey its not a fault to compare people...most of peoples did that, you can never deny this!

You can't teach someone to create melodies in your head, maybe to arrange the song in a better way, but the basic is that you either can, or can't do it.
And making a more succesful career doesn't nesessarily mean a better career, just more appealing to the large crowd. Or do you really think Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears are better than X just because they are more succesful? ;)

And yeah Hypno, Toshi wrote the lyrics to Voiceless Screaming, Desperate Angel and Phantom Of Guilt, and Yoshiki wrote the lyrics to Give Me The Pleasure.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: February 22, 2007, 12:36:14 PM
Quote from: "Hurley"

You can't teach someone to create melodies in your head, maybe to arrange the song in a better way, but the basic is that you either can, or can't do it.
And making a more succesful career doesn't nesessarily mean a better career, just more appealing to the large crowd. Or do you really think Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears are better than X just because they are more succesful? ;)

And yeah Hypno, Toshi wrote the lyrics to Voiceless Screaming, Desperate Angel and Phantom Of Guilt, and Yoshiki wrote the lyrics to Give Me The Pleasure.

I think hide's songs in his solo career are totally different to those songs of X. And Yoshiki teaching hide...? Remember that he has already written songs for Yokosuka Saver Tiger. The melody of Sadistic Desire i.e. is bassically a Saver Tiger song.
Well, finally I think hides solo songs drifted more and more into a ugly world of hate... that's why I don't like Zilch that much...

Xclamation is btw. also from Taiji :)

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: February 22, 2007, 12:48:22 PM
No I don't, I say he still IS  :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:01:11 PM by Maverick »

RIP

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: February 22, 2007, 12:56:25 PM
Sure, Yoshiki is a god when it comes to writing songs.

Taiji is also a very good composer, I first thought that Phantom Of Guilt was Yoshikis song and I was very surprised to find out it was Taijis. Also, Voiceless Screaming is IMO one of the best songs EVER, by ANYONE. It just seems that he can't really write lyrics, and he doesn't write too often, or Yoshiki didn't accept his songs...

hides songs don't seem to have as much into them as for an example Yoshikis. They are awesome, some ass kicking rock and great melodies, but they don't have such a deep meaning as Yoshikis and they aren't so epic. Might be that hide doesn't take music so seriously as Yoshiki, but likes music to be fun.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:01:38 PM by Maverick »

Mod color o' mine

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: February 22, 2007, 01:01:03 PM
as i said i write songs...and i know how it feels...i get inspiration to write songs from everywhere and i cant deny sometimes i get an idea to write lyric by other peoples or other songs...which in this case hide learn to write better songs by listening to Yoshiki songs...i think hide gain experience and become more mature in his song writing skills by the help of Yoshiki...Yoshiki didn't directly teach him of course but hide must have observe the way Yoshiki write a song...so Yoshiki unpurposely has teach hide to write a better songs that's what i mean...Yoshiki was excellent...he is genius...hide is good but not as good as Yoshiki...and you know what hide loves Yoshiki songs very much...you want prove?? look at most of the concert they did hide will always sing along with Toshi...yeah he must be enjoying all the songs Yoshiki have made... :D

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: February 22, 2007, 01:06:39 PM
as i said i write songs...and i know how it feels...i get inspiration to write songs from everywhere and i cant deny sometimes i get an idea to write lyric by other peoples or other songs...which in this case hide learn to write better songs by listening to Yoshiki songs...i think hide gain experience and become more mature in his song writing skills by the help of Yoshiki...Yoshiki didn't directly teach him of course but hide must have observe the way Yoshiki write a song...so Yoshiki unpurposely has teach hide to write a better songs that's what i mean...Yoshiki was excellent...he is genius...hide is good but not as good as Yoshiki...and you know what hide loves Yoshiki songs very much...you want prove?? look at most of the concert they did hide will always sing along with Toshi...yeah he must be enjoying all the songs Yoshiki have made... :D

Hey, I write songs too, but that doesn't mean I understand how other people write songs. It's a very personal process, and you can't really know what was going on in hides head.

And about singing along, look at every band that has a guitarist, they all sing along so that ain't really such a sign that shows his love of Yoshikis songs ;P

Mod color o' mine

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: February 22, 2007, 01:09:44 PM
Quote from: "Unfinished"
Of course X is going to be bigger then hide's solo career.hide was doing "solo" which means by himself..until he gained spread beaver.How could Yoshiki have teached hide to write good songs..hide writes nothing like Yoshiki,im talking lyrics wise.

Yoshiki is also 'solo' when talking about his role on making lyrics and songs for X Japan...he is the mastemind behind the scene dude! and yeah try to compare lyrics of hide when he was with savage tiger and when he was with his 'solo' career...his lyric has become more mature of course compare when he was with savage tiger...thats why i said Yoshiki plays a role on bringing hide lyric writing skills to a hihger level...

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: February 22, 2007, 01:16:09 PM

Hey, I write songs too, but that doesn't mean I understand how other people write songs. It's a very personal process, and you can't really know what was going on in hides head.And about singing along, look at every band that has a guitarist, they all sing along so that ain't really such a sign that shows his love of Yoshikis songs ;P

hide didn't sing in microphone...i only knows he is singing the song aka Yoshiki song by watching the movement of his lip... :P
fyi...we have almost 10 bands in my school and almost 30 peoples write songs...i tell you what! we all get the inspiration to write usually base on the same ideas...basically when a composer write a song he use exactly the same process as other composer...no different...i take course and evry weekends i take training...huh!

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: February 22, 2007, 01:22:00 PM

Hey, I write songs too, but that doesn't mean I understand how other people write songs. It's a very personal process, and you can't really know what was going on in hides head.And about singing along, look at every band that has a guitarist, they all sing along so that ain't really such a sign that shows his love of Yoshikis songs ;P

hide didn't sing in microphone...i only knows he is singing the song aka Yoshiki song by watching the movement of his lip... :P
fyi...we have almost 10 bands in my school and almost 30 peoples write songs...i tell you what! we all get the inspiration to write usually base on the same ideas...basically when a composer write a song he use exactly the same process as other composer...no different...i take course and evry weekends i take training...huh!

Wow, you are a real pro right? ;P

And that's exactly the kind of singing I was talking about, it's just a part of stage act.

Have you ever thought that hide might not be like you and your course-mates? There is really no rules how to write a song, my best songs come when I throw the rules out of the window, and I consider writing very personal, so I wouldn't go saying I know how someone writes songs just because I take lessons and have 10 bands in my school, who also take lessons and we all write the same.

I'm not saying Yoshiki didn't influence hide, but I think it's just stupid to claim knowing how someone else writes a song.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: February 22, 2007, 01:28:50 PM
One question, asymaverick: HOW do you write your songs?
And may be you can show us one of your songs - upload on Youtube or so and give us the url?

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: February 22, 2007, 01:30:13 PM
im a semi-pro...currently gathering more information to put in our latest single...hehe...woohhoo...if you really good tell me what is the kind of writing lyrics in an unusual way...yes we get an inspiration from all over the place...but if you look deeply its actually the same concept...thats the beauty of making songs and lyrics...

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: February 22, 2007, 01:32:31 PM
bah i cant just describe it here...i get an inspiration from anywhere past experience...friends...movies...music videos...games...or when i hold my guitar or solving add math and math...anything...

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: February 22, 2007, 01:36:26 PM
bah i cant just describe it here...i get an inspiration from anywhere past experience...friends...movies...music videos...games...or when i hold my guitar or solving add math and math...anything...

I don't mean the inspiration.
BTW: it's TOTALLY different to the inspiration Yoshiki got to write his lyrics.
I was just asking, if you use any instrument, just pen and paper, and IF any instrument - which one is it...? guess, guitar.

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: February 22, 2007, 01:36:30 PM
oh you want to hear it...ok i'll inform you when i do that...just wait!

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: February 22, 2007, 01:38:46 PM
im a semi-pro...currently gathering more information to put in our latest single...hehe...woohhoo...if you really good tell me what is the kind of writing lyrics in an unusual way...yes we get an inspiration from all over the place...but if you look deeply its actually the same concept...thats the beauty of making songs and lyrics...

I'm not really saying I'm good, but I'm saying you shouldn't think everyone does things like you. It's kinda arrogant coming off like that. It might be the same concept in a bigger picture, but when you look at it closely, it's a very personal process, just like thinking, drawing, planning the clothes you are going to wear, planning your day, not everyone does those things like you right?

Is that single going to be released by a real company?

And the pro-thing was sarcasm...

Mod color o' mine

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: February 22, 2007, 01:39:31 PM
its really important for me to write in a piece of white and clean paper...it help me to focus more...it helps a lot...and usually i write song in the midnight or first time in the morning...yes i use guitar...i want to play piano but just cant find a free time to learn...anybody play piano here??

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: February 22, 2007, 01:40:43 PM
 :roll:

What makes an artist - any artist - special, is individuality.[/quote]
Exactly.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 12:04:02 PM by Maverick »

Mod color o' mine

Offline asymaverick

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: February 22, 2007, 01:46:46 PM
ah come on no hard feelings...im just being myself...im not here to make enemy...just to share my opinions and experience...thats all...if you all mad or sad because of my statements or words...sorry...

we are having a dicussion about our contract...and its look like they going to sign us soon...wooohhhooo!