• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Confirmed: X JAPAN to play at Paris, Bercy November 22nd

Guest · 29092

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #120 on: July 14, 2008, 04:20:03 PM
Ha, seems everyone wants seats :) Ah well, que sera, sera. At least with seats I won't have the unconcious people being dragged over my head every 2 minutes :roll:

Actually, it's just occured to me.  If we have numbered seats, we can go to the bar whenever we want and not lose our place :shock: I want numbered seating!

"The dream is alive, with the moon on the hills every night,
Run around and see another side of the dream
Freedom has a meaning for me, you can't tame me!!!"

PanthereNoire

Reply #121 on: July 14, 2008, 04:34:16 PM
Quote from: "PSYCHed"
Really, maybe outside of Japan it is just at the request of the bands or whatever what system they choose.  Knowing Yoshiki then (or rather what I read about Y) the Paris concert WILL probably just be like bringing the whole X JAPAN experience worldwide only in different venue (if you know what I mean!)

As for Scandanavia (I am still to go to a gig in Sweden), but I know in Finland they have a very strict cloakroom policy of handing your coat in at most venues and having to pay (sometimes having to pay cloakroom charge even if you don't want to hand your coat in!!  :? ).  

Guess it is each to their own in the end eh :!:

The cloak thing is like paying for the drink at entering the live house in Japan even if you don't want a drink (I mean, at 500Yen usually - oh, and Japanese fans drink alcohols as well, by the way - I could buy 0.833 liters of beer in form of one 500 milliliters and 333 milliliters, as standard sizes in Japan are, which is a MUCH better value for money than ONE small drinks inside. Interesting thing, most live houses here will let you take in your own booze, as long as you pay that one drink fee.)

Millie, expect it to be like Kana's.

Actually, at EVERY Jrock venture I've been, starting from 1989, its been pretty much like that. Once people are INSIDE, they go as crazy as they like, but OUTSIDE the venture, fans with the most outstanding outfits of any kind will quietly and politely line up on the sidewalk, on one side, making sure not to be a bother for passers bys (and if the are, live house staff will reprimand them). It's rather strange, in a way.

One of the most impressive example of that I think where the long long lines at hide's funeral, of which a friend of mine - who was there as one of the minders - told me long ago that while they hadn't had any troubles at all with X fans, grannies crossing the street against red lights and taxi drivers stopping in places where they blocked traffic were a real nuisance...

And so off topic, now I have Kamijo's comment at hms about that in my mind again...

Offline doubt

• View Profile
Reply #122 on: July 14, 2008, 09:16:02 PM
i prefer seats, but of course, there is a certain hmm.. glow maybe? when you can be in the front row. thought the last miyavi's gig was a bit grazy in the first row but i made it to the end.

As for Scandanavia (I am still to go to a gig in Sweden), but I know in Finland they have a very strict cloakroom policy of handing your coat in at most venues and having to pay (sometimes having to pay cloakroom charge even if you don't want to hand your coat in!!  ).

yep, its really strict in here, but of course it costs just few euros so if you can afford the tickets, i think you are able to pay that too. but i think it started when people ended to have their whole fortunes in to the cloakrooms, like real big backbags etc. i dont like the idea to pay, if i dont leave anything to the cloakroom, but hey, life is like that sometimes. they know that we will pay it, so of course they will charge that.

et the music carry us together.

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #123 on: July 14, 2008, 11:56:57 PM
A non-seated concert is very possible and quite normal at big "western" rock concerts.. It is, however, not possible with a Jrock concert of this magnitude.. People (sadly) do tend to act like f'in morons at Jrock concerts outside of Japan.. I've really been to hundreds of concerts and visit Graspop/wacken every year, and have never, ever experienced the crazyness and idiocracy I have seen at the Jrock lives such as Dir en Grey, Gazette and many more. I really was stunned. Stunned by the amount of crowd domino falls, fights, fainting people and possessiveness.

Thats the only reason why it has to be seated/numbered, otherwise people will get hurt.

If only Jrock fans could behave like Japanese fans of these bands do.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #124 on: July 15, 2008, 12:30:48 AM
Quote from: "Jorge"
I've really been to hundreds of concerts and visit Graspop/wacken every year, and have never, ever experienced the crazyness and idiocracy I have seen at the Jrock lives such as Dir en Grey, Gazette and many more.

What we have to remember here, though, is that Dir en grey and Gazette have a 100 times huger fanbase than X outside of Europe. I really believe so.
X are too "old" to be "hip" - they're just cool cause they started VK but the morons who don't like them for real won't make the effort to go all the way to Paris. No way.
Except the french ones.

Offline Jorge

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: July 15, 2008, 01:14:05 AM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"
Quote from: "Jorge"
I've really been to hundreds of concerts and visit Graspop/wacken every year, and have never, ever experienced the crazyness and idiocracy I have seen at the Jrock lives such as Dir en Grey, Gazette and many more.

What we have to remember here, though, is that Dir en grey and Gazette have a 100 times huger fanbase than X outside of Europe. I really believe so.
X are too "old" to be "hip" - they're just cool cause they started VK but the morons who don't like them for real won't make the effort to go all the way to Paris. No way.
Except the french ones.

I think you are right about the fanbase, and X not being "hip"..
This situation has some pro's and cons for me, for one I would really like it if the concert would be sold-out. But on the other hand, I dont wan't it filled with non-X fans. Ofcourse it's a bit obnoxious to say I don't want any non-X fans at the concert, but I have always dreamed of an X experience with everyone going crazy and jumping X!

I really dont know what to expect.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #126 on: July 15, 2008, 07:41:06 AM
They should simply add a half-nude sexy Yoshiki on their flyers and enough people will come. :P
Err....never mind

And I think I feel kinda the same as Jorge... Well, let's wait a bit and see what everyone's reaction is!

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: July 15, 2008, 10:01:22 AM
I'm going. Maybe my mom even comes with me, as a birthday present 8D (my birthday is on the 23nd) She won't come to the concert itself tough, thank god.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: July 15, 2008, 10:02:16 AM
Quote from: "MIHO"
I'm going. Maybe my mom even comes with me, as a birthday present 8D (my birthday is on the 23nd) She won't come to the concert itself tough, thank god.

MIHO THAT'S AWESOME!
So you won't have to run away! XD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: July 15, 2008, 10:10:20 AM
Quote from: "MillieQOF"
Quote from: "MIHO"

MIHO THAT'S AWESOME!
So you won't have to run away! XD

yeah, a BIG maybe. XD My mom isn't sure yet, but she'll probably say no  :roll:  So I'm preparing for the worst.

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: July 15, 2008, 03:00:20 PM
Quote from: "AsukaMiyu"
They should simply add a half-nude sexy Yoshiki on their flyers and enough people will come. :P
Err....never mind

I vote for that!  :twisted:

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #131 on: July 15, 2008, 03:47:56 PM
I have lots of exscuses to come to this show. My main one is that it's an early christmas present xDDDD

Offline Mytrhil Taralom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: July 16, 2008, 01:00:36 PM
If it's not to expensive I'll get my tickits because I passed my exams ^^

~Don't Forget To Be Awesome~

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: July 16, 2008, 01:54:05 PM
Quote from: "Mytrhil Taralom"
If it's not to expensive I'll get my tickits because I passed my exams ^^

Haha, well done :wink:

I'm gonna buy my plane tickets in a week or so (get them while they're at their cheapest) and just pray X don't cancel. If they cancel a second time and I end up wasting my money I'll cry and immolate icons of the band :evil:

Possibly the CDs as well, but they cost a bit and don't sound half bad :roll:

Hopefully they'll save me the trouble of making that choice :D

Offline PSYCHed

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: July 16, 2008, 02:09:00 PM
Yeah I've been thinking a lot about this too, as flights are quite cheap at the moment if I book up well in advance - and I'm sure if I leave it a couple of months until concert tix have gone onsale for Paris then this price will have at least doubled...  

So it is facing the dilema of taking a chance either way (and naturally prepare for lots of X-bashing later if they cancel again -  :evil:  :twisted:  - though SURELY this can't happen twice in one year!!!)...

~~~~~~~
EVER FREE
~~~~~~~

Offline Lord Arioch

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: July 16, 2008, 03:57:24 PM
I doubt that they'd cancel it themselves again, they'd probably never play in Europe at all if that happened. What concerns me is the size of the venue :? Can X really sell 10,000+ tickets in Europe? Apparently someone thinks so, but I'm worried about it being abandoned due to lack of ticket sales. I hope they succeed (I'll be contributing :) ) but, I'm a bit doubtful...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #136 on: July 16, 2008, 04:42:47 PM
I can only buy the ticket in the middle of august, hopefully we can judge beter by then! >_<
Anyway, I can't wait forever so I'll just have to pray that they won't cancel it aswell *drop*
But yeah, canceling it TWO times would be the end for their europe carreer >_>;;;;

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #137 on: July 16, 2008, 04:57:27 PM
They won't, if doctors said that Yoshiki is going to be able to play in november, it'll happen  :D

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #138 on: July 16, 2008, 05:15:23 PM
Somehow I'm not 100% sure Yoshiki would listen to the doctors much...

This is my administrator color.

Offline doubt

• View Profile
Reply #139 on: July 16, 2008, 05:40:58 PM
i dont think that yoshiki would post pone it twice. he knows how disappointed we were at first. but when you think it, yoshiki would be like the one person, who would have the guts to make it twice, but still, even i doubt that. so im waiting to get the tickets to my paws, then im going to book my flights.

hah, doubt, doubtful.. people are doubting things. :D god im tired.

et the music carry us together.

Offline Konata

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: July 16, 2008, 11:20:28 PM
Heck, let him die on stage if he's stupid enough to do it. He ain't wasting my money one more time. Maybe I'll buy the plane tickets early after all, since it seems like I'll be able to hit that sum by next month. I love holidays etc<3 I just hope I get my sticky fingers on tickets to the actual concert. What do we do IF there's crazy ticket sales and some secret French X-organization buys 9000 tickets for their members? Whoa.

If they do cancel, well, at least I hope I'll get to see Ra:IN or whoever they send over there this time... Almost as good, huh?

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #141 on: July 19, 2008, 11:29:01 AM
Guys i think you just need to wait for the concert tickets this time FOR SURE.

PARTY HARD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: July 19, 2008, 11:36:26 AM
BXtE posted on their myspace about the tickets going on sale september 5th...
Is there any information on where to buy them and how?

(forgive me if this isn't the first time you hear this question... XD)

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #143 on: July 19, 2008, 11:53:31 AM
lol we don't know more than you, MIHO.... As soon as we know more it'll be for sure posted here and on BXtE, too.... :/

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #144 on: July 19, 2008, 02:36:44 PM
Guys i think you just need to wait for the concert tickets this time FOR SURE.
Seriously XDD. I don't think I'll be 100% convinced this concert is going to happen until I'm actually there while it's happening.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #145 on: July 20, 2008, 11:16:20 AM
BXtE posted on their myspace about the tickets going on sale september 5th...
Is there any information on where to buy them and how?

(forgive me if this isn't the first time you hear this question... XD)

i think you should be happy that you at least have a date when the tickets will be on SALE XDDDDDDD

I guess how you will learn it on time( or i hope so :P )

PARTY HARD

Offline julien

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • GTOpro
Reply #146 on: July 20, 2008, 12:51:37 PM
French website was updated yesterday but nothing about the price,...  :'(  they just added the X JAPAN video about the roller parade and the Japan Expo video...

X JAPAN [Belgian Street Team]

| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
 |We want old songs ! |
 |___________|
       ∧∧ ||
    ( ゚д゚)||
    / づΦ

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #147 on: July 22, 2008, 11:58:13 PM
Same for UK website, but I couldnt seem to get the video to work properly.

Offline Ryo-Ohki

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: July 26, 2008, 02:53:21 AM
Non seat?  Like.. what?  I have been to one show... like.. way back in the 90's.. 1991 I think.. that had standing room only seating.. but the first 5 rows were non-seat.  Meaning.. if you wanted that FRONT ROW seat, YOU HAD to literally sit with your back to the stage before the band came out.  Then you had to hold your ground with the pyrotechnics and not let people shove you out of the way.  That.. is like.. oh.. no....

AS for some of the westeren fans... they behave like those who seriously need to be in a psychiactric hospital. (personal experience there... feel free to ask in a PM).  If people could be trusted to behave, it would be one thing, but if they cannot even behave in a normal assigned seating setting, how can they be trusted in a non seating arrangement?

I would not mind in the least getting to see X-Japan... but.. what scares me are the insane fans who would do anything to unseat you. 

This/these images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #149 on: July 26, 2008, 08:56:18 AM
Apologies for late response and lack of activity as im still on holiday. Anyways Great news I'm very much looking forward to it and hopefully Asia will be during december or early January as I will be in Asia during that time.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm