• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

News of Heath's death

Tahemet · 2517

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: November 07, 2023, 10:35:40 AM
According to this article Heath suddenly died of cancer.

https://www.news-postseven.com/archives/20231107_1918284.html?DETAIL

I can't believe it. I was lucky enough to see him at the signing before Wembley and the High Five event after the concert.
He always took the extra time to look at the fans.
I am crushed

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2023, 11:37:02 AM
Has his death officialy been confirmed yet? 

I know Yoshiki cancelled his attendance to receive a “Award of Honor" in SF a few days ago. He said; "someone close to me passed away".
I didn't realize it could be someone from X Japan  :o

First Buck-Tick's singer now Heath..

Sad times for the Visual Kei/J-rock community.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 11:39:07 AM by BLUE_BLOOD »

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 11:46:28 AM
I am speechless.

This band is fucking cursed.

MODERATOR'd!

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 12:05:56 PM
I can’t believe this. It’s not a hoax?

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 12:12:31 PM
we all hope it's fake news.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 07, 2023, 12:34:24 PM
The main news outlets are not carrying it and neither Heath's office nor any of the members have confirmed it.

The closest is the person 'allegedly' Yoshiki's brother running an Exctasy Records Twitter account, but this person is only quoting this one article.

How can this be true but Yoshiki continues as normal doing press and engagements, promoting and retweeting fluff?
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 12:42:15 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 07, 2023, 12:43:46 PM
it would be very cruel to make something like this up.

https://www.heath.co.jp/ seems to be down at the moment

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 07, 2023, 12:46:55 PM
If this is true then it is truly heartbreaking.

For me it will be the end of everything X Japan.

I hope Yoshiki will release Heath's final studio works to the world, if not for himself, but for the fans to enjoy Heath's memory.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 07:36:02 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 07, 2023, 12:56:13 PM
Maybe there is a reason why no one spoke out yet and that's why they keep up the pretense that nothing happens.
It's not up to them to make statements before Heath's death was officially announced.
No one knows how it looks in their heart.
Everyone deals differently with their grief.
I went to work after my partner died because I needed to do "normal things".
I needed to keep myself busy because otherwise I would have gone crazy.
I won't judge anyone for the way they grieve or for when or how they make comments about someone's passing.
They don't owe us anything.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: November 07, 2023, 01:03:33 PM
Everybody deals with grief differently so conducting yourself in public forums, as a public figure, with respect towards how others may be feeling is not owed so much as it is the decent thing to do.

Likewise we should not talk this way, it is inappropriate, but feelings are running high. I apologise.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 01:05:57 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: November 07, 2023, 01:09:48 PM
we are all shaken by the news.
Feelings are raw.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #11 on: November 07, 2023, 01:29:52 PM
It's so sad to hear about this. May he rest in peace.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 07, 2023, 01:32:48 PM
Ray McVeigh (Zilch) confirmed it.

It is true  :'(

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: November 07, 2023, 01:38:34 PM
This is so tragic, I can’t believe it

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 07, 2023, 01:39:38 PM
DIE (Spread Beaver) has also posted on social media.

I am so shocked.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #15 on: November 07, 2023, 03:05:39 PM
Heath was the last one I thought would die.... Very sad.

I saw him in Wembley too. Heartbreaking news.

positively unsure。

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: November 07, 2023, 05:08:09 PM
the moment I read it I could't believe it was true  :'( ... too young!!!
good bassist, his look and the feathers in his long hair, his friendly smile, his cute shyness...

sometimes being a fan is so painful
damn I'm shocked

Your scars are beautiful

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 07, 2023, 05:09:52 PM
sorry I posted it twice
i don't know what I'm doing
« Last Edit: November 07, 2023, 08:10:57 PM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 07, 2023, 06:24:08 PM
It's a very bad surprise. RIP Heath.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 07, 2023, 08:19:14 PM
Holy shit, that's so sad. I was just lamenting a few days ago that I'd probably never get to see them live again (saw them in 2010 at Roseland Ballroom in NY, and then when they played at Madison Square Garden) but was so happy that I got to see them in my lifetime. This solidifies it, I think. Heath was such a talented musician and a warm presence to the band. Very sad to hear this and I hope all of his family, friends, and fans cherish his memory as a blessing. We are X.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 07, 2023, 10:57:43 PM
I'm surprised by the lack of comments from any of the other surviving members.

21 hours ago, Yoshiki posted on Facebook about featuring in TIME magazine, and this was after a post cancelling his attendance for an award after "someone close to (him) passed away".

I know grief works differently for everyone, I also know that musicians/celebrities don't owe us anything, and that Heath was a 'replacement' member, but it's interesting to see the (lack of) reaction compared to when Taiji died (let alone when hide passed...)

MODERATOR'd!

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 08, 2023, 12:52:36 AM
Today’s news has been a shock to all of us. I had no idea Heath was sick, and this is no doubt a tragedy. My heart goes out to his bandmates, friends, and family. 55 is far too young.

I really want to just thank Heath for an incredible career. Heath’s importance to X Japan cannot be overstated. He was a key band member that spent years contributing to the finest metal band in Japanese history.

It is incredible that his first project with the band was “Art of Life”. It’s my favorite X Japan song (one of my all- time- favorite songs, in fact), and it really is amazing that the first thing he had to tackle was a 30+ minute metal- opus! He then obviously recorded bass for all of the Dahlia songs and held down the fort for all the gigs and for the legendary Last Live. I am glad he got a second stint with the reunion, too. I am hoping we get to hear his final recorded parts with X Japan, someday.

I am happy he got to play with Yoshiki one last time, recently. That will go down as a very special moment. It is heartbreaking he said he hopes the band could play Tokyo Dome again, and I hope they do in his memory. hide and Taiji have gotten many tributes from the band, Heath no doubt deserves the same.

Life is short, even if they never play together again I hope the rest of the band can make amends again and find common ground. X Japan has always had a lot of darkness surround it for some reason, but it always found away to push through and make something beautiful.

Thank you, Heath. I hope you rest well.

We are X.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 08, 2023, 06:48:42 AM
Today’s news has been a shock to all of us. I had no idea Heath was sick, and this is no doubt a tragedy. My heart goes out to his bandmates, friends, and family. 55 is far too young.

I really want to just thank Heath for an incredible career. Heath’s importance to X Japan cannot be overstated. He was a key band member that spent years contributing to the finest metal band in Japanese history.

It is incredible that his first project with the band was “Art of Life”. It’s my favorite X Japan song (one of my all- time- favorite songs, in fact), and it really is amazing that the first thing he had to tackle was a 30+ minute metal- opus! He then obviously recorded bass for all of the Dahlia songs and held down the fort for all the gigs and for the legendary Last Live. I am glad he got a second stint with the reunion, too. I am hoping we get to hear his final recorded parts with X Japan, someday.

I am happy he got to play with Yoshiki one last time, recently. That will go down as a very special moment. It is heartbreaking he said he hopes the band could play Tokyo Dome again, and I hope they do in his memory. hide and Taiji have gotten many tributes from the band, Heath no doubt deserves the same.

Life is short, even if they never play together again I hope the rest of the band can make amends again and find common ground. X Japan has always had a lot of darkness surround it for some reason, but it always found away to push through and make something beautiful.

We are X.

Thank you. Beautifully said.

We are X

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 08, 2023, 06:56:42 AM

21 hours ago, Yoshiki posted on Facebook about featuring in TIME magazine, and this was after a post cancelling his attendance for an award after "someone close to (him) passed away".

I know grief works differently for everyone, I also know that musicians/celebrities don't owe us anything, and that Heath was a 'replacement' member, but it's interesting to see the (lack of) reaction compared to when Taiji died (let alone when hide passed...)

Yoshiki just posted something on Twitter

https://twitter.com/YoshikiOfficial/status/1722087100168679874

According to this tweet it was the wish of Heath's family not to announce his death...and then the news got out anyway.

but hey, let's go and bash only Yoshiki and call him a narcist for not saying anything when the other band members didn't either. Because Yoshiki is such an easy target.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 08, 2023, 07:23:50 AM

According to this tweet it was the wish of Heath's family not to announce his death...and then the news got out anyway.

but hey, let's go and bash only Yoshiki and call him a narcist for not saying anything when the other band members didn't either. Because Yoshiki is such an easy target.

I've explained my emotions and why the optics were bad. I've also apologised.

The context is much more forgiving than I gave Yoshiki credit...

But Yoshiki does behave in narcissistic ways in more or less everything he does. I think that word is well qualified. These days Yoshiki makes Liberace look modest.

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 08, 2023, 07:47:57 AM

We are X.

thank you for these words, absolutely agree

I would like to post his part in 2017 live Acoustic Tout but I can't find it

let's remember him with one of his performances

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 08:29:38 AM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: November 08, 2023, 08:12:28 AM

I've explained my emotions and why the optics were bad. I've also apologised.

The context is much more forgiving than I gave Yoshiki credit...

But Yoshiki does behave in narcissistic ways in more or less everything he does. I think that word is well qualified. These days Yoshiki makes Liberace look modest.

yes, you did apologize. Thank you for that. Not everyone would be big enough to do that. Lashing out at Yoshiki when the other members displayed the same radio silence about the matter, wasn't entirely fair IMO regardless of Yoshiki's other behaviour (which has been the same for years). I am not reactiing well to, unfairness and I apologize when I came across as harsh.
And there were plenty of other fans who were quick to accuse Yoshiki as well.

There is a valuable lesson for all of us. Not to judge a situation hastily without having all the information and giving people the benefit of a doubt.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 08:51:49 AM by Tahemet »

Offline helenmoon

• Sunday Listener
  • kiss the sky
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 08, 2023, 09:40:43 AM
We are X

« Last Edit: November 08, 2023, 09:55:45 AM by helenmoon »

Your scars are beautiful

Offline satanarchist

• I believe in a madness called "now"
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 08, 2023, 06:45:21 PM
I was very sad to read about Heath's passing. Watched Art of Life live last night in his honor.

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 08, 2023, 10:27:04 PM

I have to apologise, I posted without reading the immediate comments above. Thank you for providing the link to the tweet, that makes a lot of sense about the family wanting to keep things private.

MODERATOR'd!