• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

May 20th, 2013 Press Conference, Tokyo

mC · 16040

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 07:40:21 AM
http://natalie.mu/music/news/90967

^Japanese news article covering the event. Anyone able to translate the highlights?

EDIT: So apparently Yoshiki was saying in the interview that with respect to the consideration of a world tour next year, that the tours take a mental and physical toll on the band. He states that when they did the previous world tour they went around performing without a "business card" and don't want to do that for the next one. He is referring to the new album and says that since they have reunited they haven't released one so want to do it before the tour. He then jokes that perhaps they should try get one out before the wax figures.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:47:15 AM by mC »

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #31 on: May 20, 2013, 07:57:00 AM
lol Bradon. :D

Okay so about the world tour, they said they want to do with with the new album being released.

Well, that's good, too bad they have been saying that for years. :D

For those beingsuper-disappointed: what did you expect? (short version) Yoshiki said "not got news, not bad either" so it was pretty clear it would be soemthing boring. XD When they announced where it's taking place it was already obvious.

Sure things could be a lot better (by far...) but how about just staying calm and listening to other bands?? o_O
I see no point in insulting remarks.

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 20, 2013, 08:28:04 AM
I see Yoshiki's logic. If the band all have wax-work figures of themselves created then they can both stand still AND not get older!

Great thinking, Yoshiki!

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 20, 2013, 08:32:48 AM
At this rate, Yoshiki could release a line of big purple dildos and I wouldn't be very surprised. By the way, Yoshiki, if you're reading this, you owe me future dildo money when the line comes out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:44:20 AM by LebendenToten »

Offline Taiji79

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 20, 2013, 10:04:05 AM
Maybe the Problem Yoshiki  mentioned some weeks ago when he had to postpone the first press conference was that they have been dropped  by their label due to EMI being bought by another company just weeks ago.

This could be the reason why we still don't have any news of an Album or tour.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 20, 2013, 11:35:50 AM
For those beingsuper-disappointed: what did you expect?

Stop defending yoshiki, just stop it, there is nothing at all you can defend about this, I already waited patiently while listening to other bands, for four years for half an album, and my patience is now gone, and at this point after all this he deserves some insults, it's just us wanting to express our feelings/frustrations, we have every right to do that so don't say otherwise and stop acting like a typical fanboy.

I don't care about the slightest glimpse of something that is pretty much 100% guaranteed to not happen just like everything else before it. Yeah I think I'm done with yoshiki and the band at this point, I might still come back to this forum every...well I don't know XD because you guys are awesome, but I'm done with the band, yoshiki has screwed everything up and even though the majority of crazy obssessed fans may not see it/know it, he has, and the other members too for not doing anything about it either. There were a few great moments in this reunion, but overall the whole six years, it's just been massively dissapointing in so many ways I don't think it was worth reuniting, and wax models was the final nail, seriously yoshiki fuck you.

Unless in a few years I happen to come across something and go "woah, they're playing sadistic desire, Vanishing Love and Miscast etc. live again, and their new album sounds great, has a good balance of fast heavy songs and ballads on it!" I'm not coming back to this band, it's been a great time talking with you all these years you're a fantastic community, and I may come back every once in a while for general discussion, but as for X, what a sad, sad way to end (for me) what used to be my favourite band after all these years, I'm out.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:14:37 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Taiji79

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 20, 2013, 12:00:07 PM
I can fully understand you ..  have a good time :)

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 20, 2013, 12:32:15 PM
And yet, all comments on yoshiki's Facebook page pertaining to the press conference are positive....no wonder they choose to sit on their ass doing nothing, it looks like its working well enough for them!

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 20, 2013, 01:00:01 PM
So... was the press-conference only about getting new wax models? n o w a y -______-'' *facepalm* I'm not even saying I'm disappointed, 'cause I'm speechless.  ??? ??? WTH..

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: May 20, 2013, 02:57:53 PM
Well I won't say much. I share some points with you guys.
A bit disappointed by the wax thing, I don't really care about that. Was nice to see the members though, specially Heath and Pata; it's been a while since I saw pics of them.

As for the new album and the world tour, well...
I'd try to be positive  :-\ but let's face it, unless a miracle happens (or just Yoshiki realizing what he has done (and still does) to the band), I'm afraid it won't happen.

Unless in a few years I happen to come across something and go "woah, they're playing sadistic desire, Vanishing Love and Miscast etc. live again, and their new album sounds great, has a good balance of fast heavy songs and ballads on it!"

That would be awesome if it's like in 2014/2015 and not in 20 years (IF it ever happens of course). Miscast live again, just wow  :o

And yet, all comments on yoshiki's Facebook page pertaining to the press conference are positive....no wonder they choose to sit on their ass doing nothing, it looks like its working well enough for them!

Well on FB and Twitter, Yoshiki still has a lot of positive messages I think, even if he's not doing much...
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:06:52 PM by Hyunkel »

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 20, 2013, 03:09:21 PM
It's cool that you want to be sensitive towards Yoshiki and that you're a mod, Asuka, but don't lie to yourself, this is insane and I am really glad to see everyone venting their frustration and feelings about this who have been part of this forum for years along side me. Yoshiki never made it clear on the Facebook event page that it would be "neither good nor bad", he did not post about it being at Madamme Tussauds on there either. We had the wool pulled over our eyes. You want some clues as to how fail he is lately? Check this page out: http://www.herfitzpr.com/hpr.com/Artists_Page.html the X Japan logo used to be on there as she was their publicist. Not anymore....and I bet it's because they didn't do shit and they were dropped for it.

It's a shame that this band has so many blind "KAWAII-ZOMG-ANIME-CRAZED-WEEABO-FURRY" people who will support Yoshiki even if he shat in a box and released it instead of the album. They might actually tour next year but that's beyond the point now...it's like why even care.

Also check this out. http://www.xjapanmusic.com/ - UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Probably will remain like that for at least half a year....the previous site had the potential to be good but they let it go to rack and ruin. Too many updates about the golden globes theme...what a joke. Sugizo should tell Yoshiki to shove it.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 03:15:35 PM by Feudal »

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: May 20, 2013, 09:39:57 PM
I can't even. I can't even right now.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3uhoel/

That's all I got regarding this news. I'm gonna go bang my head against a wall now.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 21, 2013, 04:53:52 PM
Haha so true, unfortunately...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #43 on: May 22, 2013, 06:56:04 PM
@Feudal Umm, just to make this clear, I'm no happy with how X ('s mangement or Yoshiki or everyone) are acting since the reunion, especially during the last years - pretty much killing their own chances all the time. My point is just that it doesn't help to bash everyone and everything - reasons or not. I'm pretty much fat up pf both the *copypaste* blind "KAWAII-ZOMG-ANIME-CRAZED-WEEABO-FURRY" people */copsypaste* but also of these who only see what's going wrong and only talking bad even what's not THAT bad. (I personally enjoy the new songs, for example.)

I'm just kinda in the middle, seeing both sides, not seriously not counting myself to either. :P

(I can totally understand why people stop working with them - wasted time if there aren't any results. Working on Xplosion is frustration enough - I mean, even while being pretty inactive right now, we are still more active than the band we support...!? >___< I guess, I'll just enjoy the next year of not many X news to do other stuff. :P)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline the90s

• View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 22, 2013, 10:37:12 PM

Ugh, that Yoshiki >:(

Offline hyde26

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 26, 2013, 07:05:43 PM
Can anyone translate this article yoshiki posted on his twitter?

http://mantan-web.jp/2013/05/25/20130524dog00m200074000c.html

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 27, 2013, 09:23:37 PM
ahhh, Yoshiki retweeted this...a bit awkward XD:

@YoshikiOfficial but instead, like an idiot, you wait until everyone's interest dies out to release the fuckung album !! ARE YOU STUPID ??!!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 27, 2013, 09:49:21 PM
Good, he needs to see that not every fan of his still thinks he's a perfect god of music. It's interesting that he DID retweet it though....it's either to show that he is aware of frustrated fans OR to get his blind followers to support him and attack that person for speaking the TRUTH.

Offline XVikyX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 27, 2013, 09:58:24 PM
Yeah, it was funny and strange to see this retweet. I hope he tried to say that he realizes everything.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win. (c)

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 28, 2013, 12:12:19 AM
A least it shows that he is aware of this view...

And hyde26, from just using a google translation and skim reading through it, it seems Yoshiki is talking about the next album and questioning what format it should be in? He is saying that he has heard or got the idea the format of the album started to die with the release of the iPod and that now a days it is dead. So he is wondering whether it is worth releasing a album or if he should be releasing just individual songs or something else. Perhaps this is what he means when he tweeted a while ago about there being disagreement about future releases? I think he also wonders about whether 30min songs also wont work today?

Well that's what I can get from the rough google translation anyway...

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 28, 2013, 08:12:30 PM
"#IAmSorry"

Definitely covers it, Yoshiki....

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: June 03, 2013, 11:06:50 AM
I think while Yoshiki was in Tokyo for this conference, Natalie interviewed him. The full interview can be found here: http://natalie.mu/music/pp/xjapan02

It talks about X, Violet UK and other stuff. Although I haven't got a good translation the main points for X Japan are roughly:

-Yoshiki not sure about what format to release X Japan's music (not too keen on album)?
-Considering a 5 - 6 track EP with 3 new songs and 2 re recordings
-Possibly just titled X Japan
-Release date maybe next year to coincide with touring?

Anyone that can actually read Japanese and can translate properly...would be much appreciated!

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: June 03, 2013, 02:02:06 PM

Do you know if he's talking about real new songs or by "new" he means I.V., Jade, BTBF... ?
I think the new ones won't be that new but let's hope for real new songs.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 03, 2013, 08:18:05 PM

Do you know if he's talking about real new songs or by "new" he means I.V., Jade, BTBF... ?
I think the new ones won't be that new but let's hope for real new songs.

Ah I'm not too sure, but when he says 3 new songs, I would think they would be BTBF, I.V and Jade...

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: June 03, 2013, 10:08:36 PM
Yeah this is what I think too...

But seriously how can you consider a 5 years old song to be new?
It's better anything, I guess...

Another thing, has the videoclip for Jade (in a castle-like place, with costumes and masks and some other stuff) been released (in its full version) finally or not? (I'm really not sure, maybe it's just me who missed it).

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 09, 2013, 09:18:57 AM

Another thing, has the videoclip for Jade (in a castle-like place, with costumes and masks and some other stuff) been released (in its full version) finally or not? (I'm really not sure, maybe it's just me who missed it).

The question is has the damn thing even been finished? Last I heard (I talked to Dean Karr a year or so ago) that he just handed it over to Yoshiki because they were just "screwing around" and he didn't hear about it since.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: June 09, 2013, 09:30:53 PM

The question is has the damn thing even been finished? Last I heard (I talked to Dean Karr a year or so ago) that he just handed it over to Yoshiki because they were just "screwing around" and he didn't hear about it since.

LOL. That sounds about right. Basically...what a waste of money and time...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: June 10, 2013, 08:55:00 AM

LOL. That sounds about right. Basically...what a waste of money and time...

Right? Utter bullshit.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: June 10, 2013, 01:52:33 PM

Yes that was my question.

Thanks for the answer :)