• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

For Dian: Gackt & You

Guest · 4243

PanthereNoire

on: December 06, 2006, 09:21:24 AM
And actually, I think they are both cute, especially together. ;)

Funny thing: sometimes You slouches because he's quite a bit taller than Gackt (10 cms / 4 inches roughly) and sometimes Monsieur Camui seems self conscious about that. And that despite the fact that at 180 cms (6 feet, I think) he's quite tall himself for a Japanese. Funny, if I had his voice, my height or lack of it wouldn't bother me . . .

On the point of music, what's your favourite song?

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #1 on: December 06, 2006, 09:50:18 AM
I'm so suprised by this topic title... ;p

but thank you  :wink:

yes they both very cute when together :wink:  I had show to you they pics that I very Love... they face look so happy... and the pics look so natural :D

poor You he have to slouches when they have to talk... lol :lol:

well I'm not really remember, what the titlle of my fav song :oops:  

this lately X taking over my mind... specially Toshi and Yoshiki and X songs too,  and I feel something missing if I didnt listen their songs everyday :lol:

so sometime I didnt have time to listen other band's songs ;p

maybe I have to start listen Gackt Job's songs again
 :wink:

then whe I remember it again... I tell you :wink:

so what your fav song?

PanthereNoire

Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 10:05:36 AM
Redemption is my favourite, too.

And I like Vanilla, a) because it really is a great song and b) because I kind of appreciate the strange sense of humour he displayed in the PV video . . .

And I like the whole Diabolos concert of Dec 24th, 2005, in Tokyo Dome: I mean, taking out about 5000 seats (and the money that comes with that) so that they could make their horseback entrance, suggesting - and getting - that takes not only artistic integrity about also a lot of guts in today's over-commericalized tour circuit.

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 10:23:13 AM
aah Vanila... yes I remember I had seen the PV Video....  :wink:

ooh I remember one song... but I didnt remember the titlle... but in there many cat and dog puppet...   :roll:

I have to check it when I get home today...

PanthereNoire

Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 10:25:36 AM
Are you by chance referring to the NHK historical drama?

I'm kind of looking forward to it, how he'll handle it, because that will require some serious acting.

PanthereNoire

Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 10:31:37 AM
Not necessarily: he's very popular which NHK is not with younger people so every so often they take people who aren't all that good actors but will attract the younger crowd for the ratings.

But I do think he can do it if he becomes even only 10% about his acting as he is about his music.

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 10:34:49 AM
Quote from: "Saint(c)"
I think hes a very good artist..I heard hes acting in JDrama start of next year...

Gackt play at dorama? o.O

now I hope it will publish in Indonesia... I really want to see it 8)

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 07:43:28 PM
*feels like an idiot for finding this thread so late*

I really like listening to Orenji no Taiyou, [okay, bit derailing the thread with Hyde...] I can't very well describe the sort of feeling I get from it, but it's calming me.

And, for most of Gackt's songs I have heard to day- I had a really positive vibe of them, encouraging, full of life, full of small moments of beauty that make together wonderful vision of future, so, from this point, really a fan.

*small point aside--- I really like the way he pronounces in his songs, very clear to my ear, I'm often wondering if I don't come one day to Japan with sort of Gacktsongs dialect XD

I hope those descriptions don't sound nonsensical? Or at least, not so MUCH?  8)

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

PanthereNoire

Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 12:48:03 AM
Quote from: "Valentine"

*small point aside--- I really like the way he pronounces in his songs, very clear to my ear, I'm often wondering if I don't come one day to Japan with sort of Gacktsongs dialect XD

You should amend that to "I really like the way he pronounces in his Japanese songs, very clear to my ear . . . " because, well, have you ever heard him sing "(I feel the)Fire" / "Soul of Fire?"

Always makes me want to give him a call - if I could :P - and say "Okay now, Gakuchan, come over, and we are going to have a few English pronounciation lessons." :P

If you haven't:

PanthereNoire

Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 05:14:07 AM
I didn't like him very much in his Malice Mizer days though that is actually more due to their over the top make up and so on, and probably a take off from my intense dislike of Mana (Mana freaks me). And after that was a period where in a lot of pictures he looked as if he were eternally in love with himself - ie the ultimate narcist - but I later found out that was more due to his then photographer liking a certain style (I'm glad he got rid of that guy).

But I think the reason people are negative about him is really largely in his looks: he doesn't look "typically" Japanese, so he must have had surgery. He's beautiful for a man, so he must be gay. He's beautiful, so he can't be intelligent or a good musician or whatever. All the usual cliches.

For me, it's lead me to make someone listen to one of his songs - admittedly the latter ones, of the last 2 - 3 years - WITHOUT telling them who it is. An amazing number will say they'll like the voice or the music or both and then are totally stunned when I tell them "that's Gackt" because they never even bothered to LISTEN to his music, even while they were dissing him.

Actually, in that regards, he shares a lot with X, to whom that kind of thing also happened a lot. Used to peeve me then and still peeves me now.

Offline Woy

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 10:34:34 AM
Quote from: "PanthereNoire"
An amazing number will say they'll like the voice or the music or both and then are totally stunned when I tell them "that's Gackt" because they never even bothered to LISTEN to his music, even while they were dissing him.

+1...
so true...

I noticed this with a friend I gave some Gackt's songs (old ones)...

img]http://www.woys-lair.info/Divers/Pix/Musicos.gif[/img]

PanthereNoire

Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 11:48:09 AM
Quote from: "Woy"
An amazing number will say they'll like the voice or the music or both and then are totally stunned when I tell them "that's Gackt" because they never even bothered to LISTEN to his music, even while they were dissing him.

+1...
so true...

I noticed this with a friend I gave some Gackt's songs (old ones)...

Well, I remember some of the things Yoshiki was called way back when . . .

I am usually a peaceful person but then I wanted to punch a few faces, occassionally.

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 04:28:48 PM
Quote from: "Valentine"

*small point aside--- I really like the way he pronounces in his JAPANESE songs

Are you more happy by now?  :P And excuses, it was rude to delete whole your comment, but it sounds a lot better now :D. Yes, I have heard that song- one I like, quite- but had completely forgotten about that, because, you know, I almost don't notice songs are in English unless somebody informs me it is English  :D

Gackt and English pronunciation lessons, oh my. *cracked up* He would learn perfect English and start mispronouncing/forgetting Japanese, rather not  :twisted:  :D

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 04:32:41 PM

But I think the reason people are negayive about him is really largelyin his looks: he doesn't look "typically" Japanese, so he must have had surgery. He's beautiful for a man, so he must be gay. He's beautiful, so he can't be intelligent or a good musican or whatever. All the usual cliches.

Or, that he must be a junkie because he was very sleepy during one interview. [found on Batsu forum not so long time ago].

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 11:49:29 PM
Yes, I did not understand the hate threads there, either. Mostly commented with things like "hopefully, we can understand them and each other more, no?" but as noone reacted and people just desired fights, I gave up : D

Oh, I think I am a bit off topic, aren't I? So.... Gackt. I'm not too well informed about what's new with him, so, anybody knows? (ah, at least I'm on the X forum, if I were elsewhere, I would wonder what is wrong with me for caring about certain someone else, but here, it can get well understood ;) )

PanthereNoire

Reply #15 on: January 06, 2007, 01:36:10 PM
He'll be in "Furinkazn" - a historical drama about two warring Japanese clans during the Sengoku (1000 countires) period - which starts here tomorrow on NHK and he'll have a new single out in February.

Offline Mitsuko

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/sparklysquee
Reply #16 on: May 20, 2007, 07:07:47 PM
I didn't like him very much in his Malice Mizer days though that is actually more due to their over the top make up and so on, and probably a take off from my intense dislike of Mana (Mana freaks me). And after that was a period where in a lot of pictures he looked as if he were eternally in love with himself - ie the ultimate narcist - but I later found out that was more due to his then photographer liking a certain style (I'm glad he got rid of that guy).

But I think the reason people are negayive about him is really largelyin his looks: he doesn't look "typically" Japanese, so he must have had surgery. He's beautiful for a man, so he must be gay. He's beautiful, so he can't be intelligent or a good musican or whatever. All the usual cliches.

For me, it's lead me to make someone listen to one of his songs - admittedly the latter ones, of the last 2 - 3 years - WITHOUT telling them who it is. An amazing number will say they'll like the voice or the music or both and then are totally stunned when I tell them "that's Gackt" because they never even bothered to LISTEN to his music, even while they were dissing him.

(Wow this topic hasn't been posted on in a long time.  :shock:
As far as Gackt's timeline, I usually like his Malice Mizer stuff better XD Although I think that is BECAUSE of their visual style.

And the listening without knowing it thing... I have done that with X, Gackt and L'Arc~en~Ciel, and I love the results it produces! Because everyone has these stereotypes in mind, with the whole "oh it's foreign" thing, or the looks, the rumors, the clichés... drives me crazy, I just have to break them!

And regarding the "must be gay"... I have never seen a Japanese artist's orientation discussed publicly like artists in America. Is it just a respect thing, or is there a reason behind this?

Also:
Well, I remember some of the things Yoshiki was called way back when . . .

I am usually a peaceful person but then I wanted to punch a few faces, occassionally.

I have never heard this discussed either. May I ask what happened? (PM is fine if you prefer  :) )

Lastly, I do adore Gackt Job! And I agree, Gackt and You are incredibly cute together. It's hard for me to decide my favorite Gackt song, because there are many I like! But I LOVE Vanilla. I always have. And I also like Saikai~story~ and The Last Song, and White Eyes....I better stop before I list them all!  :oops:

Sorry for the long post - it was a lot to reply to. :P

Lady, lady are you ready to go?
Why do you have to be laying down?