• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki to produce Dir en grey

violence · 5400

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: May 04, 2008, 07:57:59 AM
Hey, sorry if this was already posted, but i found it on blabber mouth, apperently yoshiki is producing a new dir en grey album, sorry if this isn't the right place, lol, feel free to move it!

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=96253

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 08:25:55 AM
Oh, that's cool. Ahah with Yoshiki producing they might have less screaming in the next album. ^^

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 08:27:24 AM
Hahaha, really.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 08:31:18 AM
Quote from: "UVER"
Oh, that's cool. Ahah with Yoshiki producing they might have less screaming in the next album. ^^

Haven't heard their latest stuff, so I don't know what their scream level is like nowadays-- but hey, Yoshiki also produced the ZAN single, and that was a lot of screaming.  (Though yeah, the other singles at that time were very non-scream.)

Anyway, interesting news, thanks violence for posting.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 08:36:20 AM
No problem :D, i'm just glad it wasn't already posted, i was a bit nervous, what with losing my "new topic" virginity and all, hahaha

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 09:15:37 AM
He's producing them again? Oh, wow! O_O Hmmm... Do they scream on every album? Because I don't really listen to them because of the sound as if they were breaking instruments and not playing them + the screaming / growling... >,>;

May X be with you!

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 12:58:15 PM
Oh my... I don't know whether this is good or not.

Yoshiki first produced GAUZE which is a not very screamy, but a really melodic and pop-ish album  (the fans' favourite i guess too)
Now that was 1999 and they were more visual and less rock and well nowadays they are more... screamy angry emo than visual soft rock...

I really adored Gauze, but it's not my favourite Dir en grey album, since it was not psychedelic enough  :P for my taste. But well they lost the whole psychedelic thing after 2003 and went totally into screamy hard rock... not really melodic etc.

if Yoshiki being their producer means they will come back to more melodic, maybe more crazy music and leave the whole dark angry shit behind it's a good step...

but on the other hand, no step backwards for a band is really good x__x anyway I don't think Yoshiki would produce such music as they do right now

I'm confused....

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Kyubi

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.yoshiki.fr
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 12:59:12 PM
God no! >_<'''''

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 06:56:56 AM
Moved it a bit :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline violence

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 08, 2008, 02:56:48 PM
So it turns out it was all just a rumour anyway.

From the "Metal Hammer" website

"Despite reports to the contrary, Dir En Grey have confirmed that X-Japan member Yoshiki will not be producing the album. Instead, the band will be self-producing."

Too bad, maybe they could have used him. ;)
That being said, I think he should focus on producing X japan songs rather than dir en grey songs.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #10 on: May 08, 2008, 11:13:38 PM
Quote from: "Kyubi"
God no! >_<'''''

I think i'll agree.LOLZ.Depends on what way you're saying this though

PARTY HARD

Offline crazy bitch

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 09, 2008, 04:36:34 PM
I dont agree with this for many reasons.
but its challenging..
although I think Kaoru doesnt have the best relationship with Yoshiki any more
:P

Offline Flippinklein

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/lostpyscho
Reply #12 on: June 13, 2008, 06:26:55 PM
I have heard that its not true, that infact Dir en grey are producing the album them selves.
I heard this over at a Dir en grey fan site I admin at.
While we did have a thread on this speculation.
It was later disproved. I am not positive on this however.

I am sorry the person who posted did not have a link to the site which they gained this knowleadge from.
But this is what it said.

Golden God nominees spill the beans on their new record

J-Rock royalty Dir En Grey have released details about what to expect from their brand new album.

Starting pre-production work on the record in mid-March, the band commenced recording their new album in the Sony Tokyo building studio's recently. When they finish recording their first batch of tracks in the forthcoming weeks, the band will then return to pre-production to work on the remainder of their songs before completing work on the album in time for a late 2008 release.

"The album will be stuffed with themes of 'guilt and reincarnation', as well as 'the past, present and future of Dir En Grey,'' says guitarist Kaoru. 'This will be heavier and darker than previous albums, with a sort of oriental and religious mood and connotations. We're experimenting with different sounds - we'd like to introduce a multitude of different instruments on this album."

Despite reports to the contrary, Dir En Grey have confirmed that X-Japan member Yoshiki will not be producing the album. Instead, the band will be self-producing.

Since I have no solid evidence,I cannot say with full certainty of this so for now, lets just wait till ther realase.

He lives on with each smile that his music brings to each childs and adults face

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 13, 2008, 07:08:02 PM
Yes, violence (some posts above) also posted that it was just a rumour and Yoshiki is not producing their album.

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 01:32:36 AM
Well I liked the Gauze album...didn't he produce that one?  Hopefully this one will be good too.

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline aruzo

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/aruzo
Reply #15 on: July 26, 2008, 06:13:08 PM
I just can't believe this was published in magazines (such as UK's Metal Hammer). It even went to say Kaoru saying that diru had never worked with Yoshiki before. At the time I got angry because I was like "WHAT ABOUT YOUR FIRST ALBUM!!!" then when I found out it was lies, it was weird because several magazines published this. How can you publish something what isn't real especially when it's got quotes etc..

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 09:06:00 PM
Well I liked the Gauze album...didn't he produce that one?  Hopefully this one will be good too.

Gauze is by far their best album.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 09:36:18 PM
Well I liked the Gauze album...didn't he produce that one?  Hopefully this one will be good too.

Gauze is by far their best album.

Personally, I agree. Gauze is the only thing close to tolerable that Dir en Grey ever put out.

On a funny side note, they said their new album will be heavier than previous works - are they intent on continually degrading their status as actual musicians? A two year old with a hammer and a distorted guitar can make heavy music which sounds no worse than the stuff Dir en grey have recently released.

Sorry, but it's the truth.

Offline Taku

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 11:06:47 PM
Personally, I agree. Gauze is the only thing close to tolerable that Dir en Grey ever put out.
I totally agree with that!!! Dir en Grey don't exist anymore since Withering to Death, they're really lost for me XD

!!Never To Be Forgotten!!

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 14, 2008, 01:22:54 AM
I totally agree with that!!! Dir en Grey don't exist anymore since Withering to Death, they're really lost for me XD

Ahh, I still listen to them but they aren't what they used to be, not even close.

Oh, well they played pretty okayish in hide memorial anyway.. I liked it personally.