X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

hide memorial summit - live coverage, pictures, videos, etc.

darkcat21 · 106190

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #510 on: May 05, 2008, 06:35:07 PM
By the way guys, did anyone else notice how the chord sequence they were playing before "X" was that of "Dead Angel" by Saver Tiger? Mere co-incidence or intentional homage? I wonder...

Offline staybeautiful666

• View Profile
Reply #511 on: May 05, 2008, 06:52:09 PM
X Japan and Luna Sea  youtube

MUTEKI BAND (X JAPAN+LUNA SEA) - X part.1

rom Despair To Where

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #512 on: May 05, 2008, 07:03:09 PM
awesome, nice to see yoshiki drumming with cloth on, lol.

i never listen pink spider before, but i think toshi did a good job on singing that one.

nah, yoshiki should be the 2nd guitarist, need to hire another drummer  :shock:

Ex denxdenx

Offline YusamiUne

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #513 on: May 05, 2008, 07:12:42 PM
I disagree, Yoshiki can play the guitar but he's not that great ^^;

A Rose is breathing love
in my life"

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #514 on: May 05, 2008, 07:14:13 PM
wow, i love pink spider , both hide and toshi singing

Ex denxdenx

Offline merle

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #515 on: May 05, 2008, 08:28:52 PM
youtube . com / watch?v=uDUUZdZlM7Y
On this vid, at 3'21 on the very left, you can see TM making a kiss to Yoshiki ! AHHAHAH

Offline DoubleD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • jrockuploads4u
Reply #516 on: May 05, 2008, 11:35:30 PM
GUYS!! I got the torrent for hide memorial summit but i cant post because im new or something. HELP ME! and HELP YOURSELF!! XD

ho are we?! X !

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #517 on: May 05, 2008, 11:41:48 PM
Quote from: "DoubleD"
GUYS!! I got the torrent for hide memorial summit but i cant post because im new or something. HELP ME! and HELP YOURSELF!! XD

What website did you get it from?!?!?!  :P

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://chantrea-johari.livejournal.com
Reply #518 on: May 05, 2008, 11:43:06 PM

You've been here for more than three days, so I believe you only need to fulfill the requirement of 10 posts to be able to post links.  You currently have 9 posts.  Almost there, right?  :D

Offline DoubleD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • jrockuploads4u
Reply #519 on: May 05, 2008, 11:43:14 PM
D-Addicts

ho are we?! X !

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #520 on: May 05, 2008, 11:47:06 PM
Guys I don't your allowed to post a link, you have to join the filesharers group here....

This is my moderator colour

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #521 on: May 05, 2008, 11:50:23 PM

Please upload a copy to a non-torrent file host. I want to download it but my dorm network hates torrents.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #522 on: May 05, 2008, 11:50:52 PM
At the start of the X-japan playing Pink Spider video, the first time Toshi shouts Pink Spider to start the song, near the very end of the shout he suddently loses the growl sound, and amazingly he sounded exactly like he did in 1986, it happens at 2:05 in the video.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #523 on: May 05, 2008, 11:53:45 PM
Just incase people are interested, Spread Beaver's performance from the 4th  is currently available in a torrent from Jpopsuki. Due to the trackers rules the torrent will not be active until tommorow, but it is available now.

Offline DoubleD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • jrockuploads4u
Reply #524 on: May 05, 2008, 11:57:11 PM
Quote from: "Beauty/Broken"
Just incase people are interested, Spread Beaver's performance from the 4th  is currently available in a torrent from Jpopsuki. Due to the trackers rules the torrent will not be active until tommorow, but it is available now.

I don't understand this part. You say its not available? But I'm downloading it now :P You mean then that I can't open the avi file?

ho are we?! X !

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #525 on: May 06, 2008, 12:01:56 AM
Huh, I just realized that the D-Addicts torrent is just X Japan's performance.  I hope someone will upload the other performances, too (well, Spread Beaver is up, sort of). I want to see the hide covers. :D

Offline DoubleD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • jrockuploads4u
Reply #526 on: May 06, 2008, 12:04:43 AM
Quote from: "verisimilitude"
Huh, I just realized that the D-Addicts torrent is just X Japan's performance.  I hope someone will upload the other performances, too (well, Spread Beaver is up, sort of). I want to see the hide covers. :D

Your sure about the X Japan part? Oh lol sorry for the bad information then that I gave.

ho are we?! X !

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: May 06, 2008, 12:11:19 AM
Quote from: "verisimilitude"

Your sure about the X Japan part? Oh lol sorry for the bad information then that I gave.

It just says X JAPAN, and all the screencap pictures are only X JAPAN.  At first I thought it was all of them, but it's just really high-res of X JAPAN and the Muteki band, I'm pretty sure.  :wink:

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: May 06, 2008, 12:32:32 AM

I don't understand this part. You say its not available? But I'm downloading it now :P You mean then that I can't open the avi file?

Oh! They must have rushed it through. *Runs to download*

Normally when a torrent is uploaded you have to wait 24 hours before it becomes active.

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #529 on: May 06, 2008, 12:53:13 AM
Quote from: "merle"
On this vid, at 3'21 on the very left, you can see TM making a kiss to Yoshiki ! AHHAHAH

:shock: OMG I didn't notice!! XD

*EDIT*

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: May 06, 2008, 02:00:12 AM
An audio rip of some of the covers by the bands at the hide memorial summit, including stuff that won't be in the broadcast like heidi.'s cover of "TELL ME."  It's only portions of each song, but....

youtube . com / watch?v=aLSsdlhATbk

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: May 06, 2008, 02:08:06 AM
did u guys finish download? how was the quality of d-addict torrent?

Ex denxdenx

Offline leading_note

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/leading_note
Reply #532 on: May 06, 2008, 02:32:17 AM
don't know if anybody post it. there's one torrent at tokyotosho. input hide at the search box then you'll find "X Japan - hide memorial summit [5 May 2008 - WOWOW].avi"

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: May 06, 2008, 07:17:35 AM
Quote from: "denxdenx"
did u guys finish download? how was the quality of d-addict torrent?

Very good.

Hopefully the rest of the brodcast surfaces over the next few days. Has the other three performances during the summit I was looking forward to seeing.

Anyone have any idea how long the brodcast was? And they need to try to release DVDs from these shows (and the March X shows) worldwide so I can actually buy them and feel better. I'm starting to feel bad about downloading all these, but can't resist the urge to do so. :P

EDIT:
Just found Spread Beaver's (http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/?page=details&id=44583) and Luna Sea's (http://mullemeck.serveftp.org/jps_beta/?pa...etails&id=44585) sets. The links don't seem to be working, but it might just be temporary. At least I sure hope so. If those two eventually work all I'll need to do is find Dir en grey's set, and I'll be good. Wooo.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #534 on: May 06, 2008, 11:50:55 AM
Did you all notice how Toshi because of all the screaming during X finally gets back to his "rusty" way of singing. This is awesome. At first he sounds pretty weak, compared to Ryuichi who is doing a great job on X, never thought that his voice would suit this song, but it does. Nishimura too.

overall, a great performance and truly a summit. and a great tribute to hide.

sidenote: During Pink Spider it looks to me as if YOSHIKI felt almost about singing, but the didnt. ^_^

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: May 06, 2008, 12:14:31 PM
By the way guys, did anyone else notice how the chord sequence they were playing before "X" was that of "Dead Angel" by Saver Tiger? Mere co-incidence or intentional homage? I wonder...

I haven't seen any Summit footage yet but they used to do that back in the day before Taiji left X, the intro of Dead Angle (not Angel  :wink: ) used to be the intro to the live version of X.

RIP

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #536 on: May 06, 2008, 05:28:46 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
Dead Angle (not Angel  :wink: )

Very random, but I can't ever look at that song title without imagining an extremely obtuse angle, 179-degrees or something. :lol:

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: May 06, 2008, 07:27:32 PM
If anyone is interested, this person has videos up of a lot of the other bands, including Dir en grey, MUCC and heidi.

http://youtube.com/user/notafanboyagain

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: May 06, 2008, 08:08:16 PM
Any idea whether the torrent on d-addicts is better quality than the one on jpopsuki? (Im getting both just to be sure, how lame I am  :lol: )

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: May 06, 2008, 08:11:16 PM
Quote from: "Zwanster"
Any idea whether the torrent on d-addicts is better quality than the one on jpopsuki? (Im getting both just to be sure, how lame I am  :lol: )

The one on JPS is a larger file size, so it's a pretty safe bet that that's the one with the better quality.