• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - September 25th

Sander · 62583

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - September 25th Buy tickets - US $39.50 - US $75.00

The Wiltern Theatre and adjacent 12-story Pellissier Building are Art Deco architectural landmarks located on the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Western Avenue in Los Angeles, California. The entire complex is commonly referred to as the Wiltern Center. Clad in a blue-green glazed architectural terra-cotta tile and situated on a diagonal to the street corner, the complex is considered one of the finest examples of Art Deco style architecture in the United States.

The Wiltern Theatre [--- allows] for a variety of configurations from a standing room only crowd of 2300 to a more intimate seated arrangement holding 1850 people.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Looks like the GA Pit ($75.00) tickets have been sold out. D'oh. =(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 08:07:07 AM by Snapback »

Offline bitterkitteh

• View Profile
Thanks for the pic, looks like a pretty impressive theatre. Who else is going to this show? :D Wonder what sort of time to start queuing...

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
That is an incredible venue visually. :o Wish we had something like it here. Hope the acoustics do the band justice.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Managed to snag 2 floor tickets cheaper on stubhub rather than buying from the actual site :)

The Wiltern is nice but it looks old in comparason to Club Nokia which I wish they should have played in.

Its also best to line up the night before if you really wanna be a few feet away from the band. 5-11 PM seems like a good time.

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Managed to snag 2 floor tickets cheaper on stubhub rather than buying from the actual site :)

The Wiltern is nice but it looks old in comparason to Club Nokia which I wish they should have played in.

Its also best to line up the night before if you really wanna be a few feet away from the band. 5-11 PM seems like a good time.

I'm curious about this since I bought (the more expensive) pit tickets.  The pit tickets are the ones near the stage, right?  Since I don't know how many pit tickets were sold, are you saying we'll still have to line up that early to be close to the stage?

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Yeah. Your guranteed a spot in the pit but that doesnt autmatically mean your up front because a good 250 people will be there too. First come first serve. Does your ticket actually say GA Pit or just GA Floor?

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Yeah. Your guranteed a spot in the pit but that doesnt autmatically mean your up front because a good 250 people will be there too. First come first serve. Does your ticket actually say GA Pit or just GA Floor?

It says GA PIT.

I didn't know there will be 250 people in the pit.  Thanks for the info!

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile

It says GA PIT.

Does it have a seat number as well? Reason I ask is because I just checked the ticket page and they have Official Platinum Seats being sold as 2 tickets with GA PIT and seat numbers for $139 and $159.

I have no clue what kind those are @_@

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/0900450C43CF895B?tm_link=edp_buytix

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile

It says GA PIT.

Does it have a seat number as well? Reason I ask is because I just checked the ticket page and they have Official Platinum Seats being sold as 2 tickets with GA PIT and seat numbers for $139 and $159.

I have no clue what kind those are @_@

http://www.ticketmaster.com/exchange/0900450C43CF895B?tm_link=edp_buytix

I just got my tickets in the mail today and it has a row and seat number in GA PIT.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Man, the ticketsale is really a mess.... @_@ 34875349 kinds of tickets showing up and noone knows what they are exactly. xD
I hope it'll be better planned in Europe (with an announcement BEFORE the sale starts, preferably...)

Do you think you really have to line up that early? 250 tickets don't sound like so much to me, and most people show up at the venue only a few hours before it starts anyway...
Well, you have numbered seats anyway now, no...?

(Don't get me wrong, I'd totally camp for X aswell, but only because it's fun to hang out with friends like that and not because I have to be first row XD that would only be a nice side effect haha :D )

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
I agree.

I wouldn't mind lining up if I had to but if they're assigned seats, then why put yourself through all that?

At some point, I'll probably call up the Wiltern and try to find out how the pit seating works.

P.S. - My tickets are for row five so I wonder what's so great about row four (the tickets Snapback linked to) that costs twice as much? :)

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Ok, I figured out what those tickets were...it seems that theyre trying to sell more PIT tickets so they're selling them in pairs of 2's, which is why they're so expensive.  Every show I've been to in the Wiltern Ive gone to the pit and there's never any seatings, which is wierd considering some PIT tickets are $139 and I dont know why the're a little less. This would be the first time a show in the Wiltern has pit seating if that were the case.

In most cases, every GA ticket has a seat number, which is odd since every show Ive been to on the floor/pit was standing, but that still dont explain the different pricing on those platinum tickets.

Do you think you really have to line up that early? 250 tickets don't sound like so much to me, and most people show up at the venue only a few hours before it starts anyway...

(Don't get me wrong, I'd totally camp for X as well, but only because it's fun to hang out with friends like that and not because I have to be first row XD that would only be a nice side effect haha Cheesy )

It doesnt sound that much but most of the time they let a few people in the pit if there's room so sometimes it can be about 280/290 in the pit or try to fill it up as much as they can. Its best to line up early to be up close to the stage and because you dont want to stand behind someone taller than you lol (The stage is literally  like about a foot away from the rail of the pit)

If you look at 0:15-0:17 you can see the pit area and how many people it holds as well as 0:24-0:31. The wall in the back and beyond that is just the regular floor area. I'm really surprised tickets are still up for sale considering this is probably the biggest JRock band to play at the Wiltern. I hope its at least 2/3rd full. And you're right, 250 tickets does not sound alot. If we were to assume those were the only tickets sold, the venue will look really empty. I hope that's not the case. =[

It's fun waiting the night before because there's not much people so its easier to talk with them and mess/run around the sidewalk like a loon and not look crazy in front of police lol

Offline sugizo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Ok, I figured out what those tickets were...it seems that theyre trying to sell more PIT tickets so they're selling them in pairs of 2's, which is why they're so expensive.  Every show I've been to in the Wiltern Ive gone to the pit and there's never any seatings, which is wierd considering some PIT tickets are $139 and I dont know why the're a little less. This would be the first time a show in the Wiltern has pit seating if that were the case.

In most cases, every GA ticket has a seat number, which is odd since every show Ive been to on the floor/pit was standing, but that still dont explain the different pricing on those platinum tickets.

(Don't get me wrong, I'd totally camp for X as well, but only because it's fun to hang out with friends like that and not because I have to be first row XD that would only be a nice side effect haha Cheesy )

It doesnt sound that much but most of the time they let a few people in the pit if there's room so sometimes it can be about 280/290 in the pit or try to fill it up as much as they can. Its best to line up early to be up close to the stage and because you dont want to stand behind someone taller than you lol (The stage is literally  like about a foot away from the rail of the pit)

If you look at 0:15-0:17 you can see the pit area and how many people it holds as well as 0:24-0:31. The wall in the back and beyond that is just the regular floor area. I'm really surprised tickets are still up for sale considering this is probably the biggest JRock band to play at the Wiltern. I hope its at least 2/3rd full. And you're right, 250 tickets does not sound alot. If we were to assume those were the only tickets sold, the venue will look really empty. I hope that's not the case. =[

It's fun waiting the night before because there's not much people so its easier to talk with them and mess/run around the sidewalk like a loon and not look crazy in front of police lol

Thanks for the info again Snapback.  Makes sense. :)

Offline Snuffy

• View Profile
Got a GA ticket. It was 49.50 and not a pit. The last time I saw them is 1994! 

Oh, Btw, the show starts at 6:30PM, is there any opening act? 

Thanks, Snuffy
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:34:23 PM by Snuffy »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Oh, Btw, the show starts at 6:30PM, is there any opening act? 

It's unclear. X Japan don't tend to have opening acts at any of their concerts - but in America it's almost a neccessity. I think someone said their ticket said "X Japan + Guests" - but that's as much as anyone knows.

It will be interesting to see if they bring a Japanese band over with them or they have an American artist open.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Just got my tickets today, and it just says X JAPAN as the act. Doesnt say anything about Guests.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Just got my tickets today, and it just says X JAPAN as the act. Doesnt say anything about Guests.

That sounds about right. I've never actually known X Japan to play with an opener unless playing at festivals. They've been a "one-man" live act in Japan since Vanishing Vision.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I actually bought my tickets almost immediately after the show was announced for the Wiltern, nice to see a lot of other fans in different sites so was easy to join here.

My tickets for both Wiltern and Oakland say X Japan only so I'm not expecting an opening band but that's fine by me, just means a few extra songs for me to hear from X. Tickets for the show were pretty well priced after i chose the pick up at the event option so everything is good for my week of X Japan.

**also when I ordered of off Livenation it shows you the area you sit or stand before you get your tickets its not the greatest but gives you an idea, I have pit tickets for Wiltern seat tickets for Oakland. 

Offline Snuffy

• View Profile
Looks like GA seats are sold out!

Offline SadisticDesire

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Looks like GA seats are sold out!
where are those exactly? I tried looking at the map and it didn't really help..  I have GA7 56-58 are these seats? or am I going to have to stand? it says standing.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Does it say GA PIT or GA LEVEL 2 FLOOR STANDING?

Offline SadisticDesire

• Rookie
    • View Profile
it says floor GA7 seat 57 section floor

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Its all standing unless you ordered mezz or lodge seats which you didnt. If you look on the map of the Wiltern, youll be able to be at level 2,3, or 4 depending if its packed and how early you are. Level 1 are for GA PIT tickets only. But dont worry, you can still see the band pretty good from level 2 area. When Dir en Grey first performed in the U.S for the first time I didnt get in line early and I was in level 2 and it was a good view.

Offline SadisticDesire

• Rookie
    • View Profile
so only level 1 is pitt? Imma be there really early then.

Offline bitterkitteh

• View Profile
Lol I'll see you there then! Planning to head there the night before, see who's around... Sounds like fun tho XD

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1398455608682&ref=mf
advertisement for LA show.

nice to see that, but i think its too late. any news about how many ticket sold?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
never too late to promote, will prob help move the last few tickets, Ive heard wiltern show is just about sold out but there are some tickets available

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Only tickets left on Ticketmaster are Mezz...the seats are on the balcony...but who wants those XD

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1398455608682&ref=mf
advertisement for LA show.

nice to see that, but i think its too late. any news about how many ticket sold?

I think the movie preview guy voice is way over done for these previews. Also showing that huge Yoshikitty doll right at the start would just turn off fans from the US who've never seen them before.