• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Miscast (or Not True) underrated?

X-J · 2474

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: November 07, 2007, 11:14:03 AM
It is my understanding that "Miscast", or what is also known as "Not True" in the indies album, has been performed quite rarely by X.

I think the song rocks! But, IIRC it does not appear on Last Live, nor on LiveLiveLive cd collection, nor on Hametsu No Mukatte dvd version. Even the mighty Youtube does not offer Miscast as a single piece. The only version is from some Tokyo Dome concert apprently before HNM though from 1992 as well... And even then it is preceded by Blue Blood.

I wonder if there's something behind ignoring this piece that is at least on my list among the better rock songs by X.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline Cepheus

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:43:40 PM
Theres a hide solo version of it on the 2004 compliation King of Psyborg Rock Star, theres also the live version and the P.V on youtube

here: www[dot]youtube[dot]com/watch?v=vncQaCeAj60

But yeah its one of my favourite X songs actually and I have no idea why it wasn't performed more.

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 11:24:46 PM
Quote from: "X-J"
Even the mighty Youtube does not offer Miscast as a single piece. The only version is from some Tokyo Dome concert apprently before HNM though from 1992 as well... And even then it is preceded by Blue Blood.

I love Miscast! And I uploaded that video on youtube, but since youtube
allows you to upload 10min long videos I just thought I'd keep Blue Blood too. ;)

Offline Arucard

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://j-metal.ueuo.com
Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 11:45:22 PM
Nice point... I never payed attention to this before...  :shock:

I also love Miscast... Is one of my favorite X tracks ever... Definitelly a Top 5...

img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e396/Erocard/Clipboard01-4.jpg[/img]

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 12:13:22 AM
Miscast is good.

Just good. Not amazing, not awful. Just good. I like it. I wouldnt put it in my top 10 though.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 08:15:28 AM
We'd probably have to ask the person who was responsible for the setlists. (Yoshiki?)

RIP

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 04:52:00 PM
That video of miscast has been put up again, and the best version of it imo.

I can't post links yet so just type "X-Miscast" into the search bar, its the first video. called "X - Miscast [Live 1991]"

It has a bit more at the beginning of the band coming out before the song starts, very awesome indeed. I don't think its underrated, a lot
of people like it. Its one of my favourite non-ballad x-japan songs.

Offline Arucard

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://j-metal.ueuo.com
Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 07:33:25 PM
Quote from: "Ulquiorra"
That video of miscast has been put up again, and the best version of it imo.

I can't post links yet so just type "X-Miscast" into the search bar, its the first video. called "X - Miscast [Live 1991]"

It has a bit more at the beginning of the band coming out before the song starts, very awesome indeed. I don't think its underrated, a lot
of people like it. Its one of my favourite non-ballad x-japan songs.

I'm the one who uploaded that video there... ^^" I was searching for X's videos on youtube, and I realized that there weren't many videos of this song there, so I put one up... ^^"

img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e396/Erocard/Clipboard01-4.jpg[/img]