• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Roseland Ballroom, New York - October 10th

Sander · 61165

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: October 04, 2010, 08:49:18 AM
LA was the start of the tour and NY will be the end, somehow I have a feeling the final show will be the most powerful as it has in the past, also on the X Japan Facebook back you are able to request what songs you would like to hear since there is a possibility of the set list being changed.

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 05, 2010, 04:46:00 AM
I just posted it but Stan Lee and Yoshiki will be at New York Comic con on the 9th. So dbl plus for NY fans.

http://www.x-freaks.com/forum/index.php?topic=4039.msg76588#msg76588
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 10:45:05 AM by Hypno »

CharonCaori

Reply #62 on: October 05, 2010, 05:11:16 AM
We know, thanks. =P I don't think I can go to it thanks to VAMPS, though... Oh well.

Offline tank

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 04:59:49 PM
I can't help but noticing that the date of this event, if written as roman numeral would be X day X month X year (10 Oct 10), which happen to be Yoshiki's "birthday" too! XD

So this is the only day where both Toshi and Yoshiki have the same birthday! What's a wonderful date for an X event!

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 05:48:41 PM
I swear if NY gets a different and better set list than all the other venues I'm going to be PISSED.

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 06:35:08 PM
@tank: Great observation. And it'll only happen this year.

CharonCaori

Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 07:26:06 PM
Ooooh we should make signs. X Japan NY: X/X/X

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 07:34:22 PM

GO for it! It is a great idea :D

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 09:31:59 PM
Okay, guys! I'm off tomorrow for New York-- going to take a little vacation from college, though it won't be much of a vacation once I get back and have to turn in all that classwork... Anyway, I'll be the girl in the black and gray scroll dress... probably. Or jeans and a t-shirt. Depends on the weather.

Offline dirufxxer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 12:55:37 AM

GO for it! It is a great idea :D
lol anyone here a good artist? if there is someone who could make a good sign then people should meet up to sign it somewhere  (like what the people in Toronto are doing for their show)

CharonCaori

Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 04:37:28 AM
I'm not very good with type or graphic design, but I have a half-decent idea so I guess I could give it a shot... I don't think I can get canvas or anything, though, so I'll try to use posterboard and acrylic or sharpie... Ugh, lugging something like that on the bus to NYC is going to be tough.

I was thinking of doing Japanese-style dating like
     X年X月X日
      NYC
Roseland Ballroom

If someone wants to make another sign, or make this one for me, go right ahead! I'm no graphic artist. =P

Offline swankerme

• View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 06:20:36 PM
Anyone attending this concert and driving from New Hampshire/Maine?

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 06:38:58 PM
Three more days everyone! I'm ready to explode from excitement x)

@CharonCaori Thank you so much for offering to make the sign, even with all the trouble of lugging it on the bus. I would offer to make it but I have no sense of design at all Dx . If you do choose to make it I would love to do a meet up and sign it!

CharonCaori

Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 07:00:40 PM
I'll see what I can do. It depends on whether I can find supplies and posterboard this afternoon. It still won't be very pretty, but I'll try. =P

I think I'm going to camp out for most of saturday night/sunday morning, so I'll take a picture of it and post it here when it's done so you guys can find me in line, I guess. =P Or someone else can decide on a meet-up location.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 07, 2010, 08:54:16 PM
Attention to people going to Roseland Ballroom:see this tweet:

FlipKlein Do not camp out at the roseland it is not allowed. Spread the word.
Reply ReTweet  Favorite  1 min ago - txt

http://twitiq.com/FlipKlein

CharonCaori

Reply #75 on: October 07, 2010, 10:21:07 PM
What, seriously? Gah. When are we allowed to go wait? Maybe I'll just go kill time in a diner until they stop shooing us away. I think I'll give them a call or something.

I tried calling, no one answered... Keep trying.

Okay, I spoke to someone at the Irving Plaza box office. She said they didn't allow camping out, and when I asked when you could start waiting in line, she said "probably around 4 or 5 (pm)". That sounds kind of ridiculous. I'll keep calling the Roseland over the weekend and try to find out, but I'm going much, much earlier than 4 in the afternoon. I guess the Vamps crowd can test the waters for us.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 10:32:27 PM by CharonCaori »

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: October 07, 2010, 11:07:02 PM
4 or 5 PM?! That's absurd! I was gonna try to get there before 11 am, but that is plain insane. 4 or 5 pm. Wow.

Forget that, though. I'm getting there noon the latest. I'll wait across the street if I have to.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline dirufxxer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: October 08, 2010, 12:49:57 AM
that's terrible there is going yo be at least 2000 people there and most of us planned to get on line way before 5 PM. Its probably going to be stressful just getting inside :(

CharonCaori

Reply #78 on: October 08, 2010, 01:18:26 AM
Yeah, I'm probably going to be going back and forth between there the whole day if they don't let us line up...

Okay, so I made a poster. It's not too big, but anyone who wants to sign is welcome to sign. (Someone can even write x-freaks if they want!) I'll bring a couple of silver sharpies. We can even sign the back if we run out of room... I'll have my hand-made hide plushie, and I'll also be dressed as him (orange shirt), complete with dark-ish pink hair. I'm a short/average height 21 year old girl. I'm also ridiculously pale, so I should be really easy to spot.

Sorry it's not very well done, I'm not good at lettering. And I can't do Japanese calligraphy... It says "X year X month X day", if you were wondering.

So where and when should we meet up? I'll have trouble accessing the forums on Sunday, since I don't have a smartphone. Anywhere's fine as long as it doesn't interfere with waiting in the line. I'm getting in that line as soon as humanly possible. (I'm thinking of trying to head somewhere near there at 3-5 in the morning...)

Offline dirufxxer

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: October 08, 2010, 01:32:15 AM
Yeah, I'm probably going to be going back and forth between there the whole day if they don't let us line up...

Okay, so I made a poster. It's not too big, but anyone who wants to sign is welcome to sign. (Someone can even write x-freaks if they want!) I'll bring a couple of silver sharpies. We can even sign the back if we run out of room... I'll have my hand-made hide plushie, and I'll also be dressed as him (orange shirt), complete with dark-ish pink hair. I'm a short/average height 21 year old girl. I'm also ridiculously pale, so I should be really easy to spot.

Sorry it's not very well done, I'm not good at lettering. And I can't do Japanese calligraphy... It says "X year X month X day", if you were wondering.

So where and when should we meet up? I'll have trouble accessing the forums on Sunday, since I don't have a smartphone. Anywhere's fine as long as it doesn't interfere with waiting in the line. I'm getting in that line as soon as humanly possible. (I'm thinking of trying to head somewhere near there at 3-5 in the morning...)
lol your artistic skills are twice as good as mine and if u can,u should try to ask a friend on the line to hold your spot and just walk around with that sign and see if anyone wants to sign it. Toshi would probably like it . BTW: i just realized "XXX" lol

CharonCaori

Reply #80 on: October 08, 2010, 01:35:16 AM
Haha, thanks. Maybe we should write "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOSHI!" somewhere on it, really big. Or maybe someone should make another poster. xD

I'll be waiting alone for most of the afternoon, so maybe I can just make friends with the other people in line. Hehe. I'm hoping to practice my Japanese a little, too.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: October 08, 2010, 04:05:59 AM
My best friend and I are going (we're both named Joe...) and will be circling the area until a line is "allowed". Still unbelievable!

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: October 08, 2010, 06:48:02 AM
anyone get the email saying that 2 free tickets will be given out to the X Japan concert at the New york comic con panel with Yoshiki and Stan lee?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #83 on: October 08, 2010, 11:04:31 AM
Unless you camp right outside the venue, you shouldn't have any problems. If you arrive the evening before I recommend you walk around Manhattan, the touristy places (Times Square, Union Square park, etc, do some research on what places are safer at night) or maybe take the (free) Stanten Island Ferry a few times (look up on that also, it's awesome, when you pass the Statue Of Liberty in the night). Once it's day again there shouldn't be any problems camping near the venue. I think...

This is my administrator color.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: October 08, 2010, 05:43:12 PM
Unless you camp right outside the venue, you shouldn't have any problems. If you arrive the evening before I recommend you walk around Manhattan, the touristy places (Times Square, Union Square park, etc, do some research on what places are safer at night) or maybe take the (free) Stanten Island Ferry a few times (look up on that also, it's awesome, when you pass the Statue Of Liberty in the night). Once it's day again there shouldn't be any problems camping near the venue. I think...

I'd recommend against the ferry on a Saturday night. I live on Staten Island and it gets REALLY crowded going into the city from Staten Island between 9 PM - 12 AM, and then crowded going from the city between 12 - 4 am. I doubt you'll get a great view of the Statue of Liberty! Although, it is getting cooler out, so less people may choose to stand outside. If you're going to do the ferry trip, do it before 9 pm Saturday night. The area on Staten Island where the ferry terminal is located is also kind of a bad neighborhood, so while the terminal has security, I'd suggest not wandering around much on the Staten Island side after dark. Just to be safe. We want everyone to have a great X experience!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 05:49:35 PM by StarWarsArtist »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #85 on: October 08, 2010, 06:27:15 PM
Well I took it last year in the beginning of September at 1am on a... Saturday, and it wasn't too bad. Of course it gets chilly in the night and you should have something warm with you. The crowd wasn't too bad, though we missed the returning ferry and took the 3am one back... Didn't wander around Stanten Island though. But it was something to do to spend the night.

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: October 08, 2010, 06:35:46 PM
Yeah, the ferry schedule is really rough that late at night, they're an hour in between! Definitely don't want to sit in the terminal for an hour. But I guess it DOES pass the time...And I dunno, hah, I take the ferry pretty often, and more often than not, it's crowded as sin during those hours.

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: October 08, 2010, 10:26:19 PM

The poster looks awesome!!! Thanks for making it.

Two more days guys! It already feels weird thinking I'm in the same city as Yoshiki xD .

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #88 on: October 08, 2010, 11:10:46 PM
Yeah, the ferry schedule is really rough that late at night, they're an hour in between! Definitely don't want to sit in the terminal for an hour. But I guess it DOES pass the time...And I dunno, hah, I take the ferry pretty often, and more often than not, it's crowded as sin during those hours.
We played the game where you say a word and the other person has to say a word that starts with the last letter of the word you said. And then the next one and so on... For about an hour :D But if the weather is nice then the boatride can be quite nice. Unless of course you have to take it every day.

Offline LoveMeLemoned

• Sunday Listener
  • 美しい音楽を作ります。
    • View Profile
    • tumblr
Reply #89 on: October 09, 2010, 03:17:29 AM
So, IS it okay to arrive early? D: we're going to leave fairly early but I would really hate to not be allowed to wait in line all day to secure a place. Last time I went to a concert I waited in line for aaaaaaaaaages and it was boring but entirely worth it.

Don't think I'd go so far as to camp out though XP

If anyone wants to kill some time in line though, I'll have pink and blue hair so don't be afraid to come up and talk. Though, I really should spend the time studying for a midterm I have... the day after this concert. xDD