• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan new song - Born to be Free

Sander · 31773

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 10:39:40 PM
I have to agree on the fact that the title doesn't sound very X Japan-ish, but whatever, I'm eager to hear it and to watch all of these pvs they're shooting. X Japan seems to be finally back from the grave: lots of news, new album, new pvs, new songs, that's a really good thing in my book 8)

Don't get too carried away just yet - we have had plenty of flurries of news in the past which have failed to come to fruition.

We were due the "best of" album in Summer 2008, and the video for I.V. only made it's way out so fast because it was fast-tracked for the Saw I.V. DVD (a.k.a Yoshiki was working to a deadline which wasn't his own).

I'm still not entirely sure what this new album is to entail. Yoshiki has said it's going to be an English language "Best of", with re-recorded versions of old songs, but he has also said it's going to be a PV collection - which would explain why the band has shot so many videos.

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 10:52:12 PM
We are in desperate need of decent sound qualities for VV and BB. Although they'll ever re-record the whole albums. We need a re-recorded version of Alive. Probably would have been my favourite oldie if it wasn't for the engrish segment of the song...

Offline SUG!ZO

• View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 02:11:34 AM
we also need a re-release of Dahlia and Vanishing Vision[yes Yoshiki they are out of print!] so we can pay normal prices for a sealed CD rather than 60 dollars on ebay for second hand...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 02:50:41 AM
we also need a re-release of Dahlia and Vanishing Vision[yes Yoshiki they are out of print!] so we can pay normal prices for a sealed CD rather than 60 dollars on ebay for second hand...
Yea...you would have thought that since their reunion, they would have at least made Dahlia, their latest album, available...

Offline SUG!ZO

• View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 04:33:53 AM
yeah they really need to re-release the discography. So much good music unavailable like Art of Life live[studio and LIVE cd] ballad collection comp, studio albums. You know the complete II doesn't satisfy because it's like your friend burned them for you and printed the lyrics on some annoying sleeve. We want the artwork Yoshiki!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 08:30:22 AM
Well since they do have so much going on right now - 6 new PVs, Toshi recording hard enough not to be able to make it to hide's memorial, Lollapalooza their US debut in the summer.... They will fail real hard if the Best of Album isn't out for Lolla while the PVs have been running on MTV for at least a month before that. In my opinion.

This is my administrator color.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 01:24:14 PM
Well since they do have so much going on right now - 6 new PVs, Toshi recording hard enough not to be able to make it to hide's memorial, Lollapalooza their US debut in the summer.... They will fail real hard if the Best of Album isn't out for Lolla while the PVs have been running on MTV for at least a month before that. In my opinion.

Their videos have a release date?

The only thing I've heard in regard to video releases is the comment Dean Karr made about Jade, when he said it wont be released "any time soon".

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #37 on: May 20, 2010, 01:51:40 PM
No, no, it was just pure speculation on my part. What I meant was that if they want to succeed in the US, they'll have to start running those PVs on music channels ahead of Lollapalooza. Or at least right after the festival. It wouldn't make sense if they do the big show and the next time you hear from them is sometime before xmas.

What I'm guessing is that all of the songs that will get new PVs (Rusty Nail (re-recorded), Kurenai (re-recorded, has an English version already), Endless Rain (re-recorded, already half in English), I.V., Jade and Born to be Free) will be in English, the Best-of album will be in English and all that will go towards marketing in the US (and hopefully Europe), which would have the biggest impact if it'd happen around Lollapalooza.

Again, this is just pure speculation on my part but that's what I'd do.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 20, 2010, 07:10:34 PM
I think they would not use that old english version of Kurenai. The english errors are terrible.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 08:40:11 PM
Of course I'm sure it'll be re-recorded and the English made better. But I'm just saying they already have an idea what it could sound like.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 05:45:20 PM
Wondering who is gonna film that new PV. for Born to be Free...and when.
Since the song will be sung for the first time in Lollapalooza, I suppose it will be kept secret when and where?
Will it be in the new cd? Then maybe we could have a chance to hear the song before Lollapalooza if cd is released before Lollapalooza.
Anybody got an idea?

Offline y0shisgrl

• Sunday Listener
  • We may be freaks....but at least we have FUN
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: June 01, 2010, 07:03:34 PM
Can't wait to hear this new song. I havent been online in a few months and now all this news is going around!

RIP Our Pink Spider.
RIP Taiji <3

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 09, 2010, 06:02:35 PM
Still no news for that PV for Born to be free?

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 11:54:49 AM
Nope, not yet!

I'm sure it'll come out with the other PVs, the post-production can take up to a month after the filming and we don't know if the even started with it yet (though we know the filming is scheduled for June).

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 24, 2010, 03:08:04 AM
Now that I think about it at least we know it's a departure from the monotonous dribbery that is I.V ~ Jade. I'm pretty sure it's going to be something rock oriented. Has anyone ever heard of a happy ballad before?? ...unless their going Coldplay on us then I'm sure it'll be good. Probably something along the lines of Toshi's Samurai album

shane140

Reply #45 on: June 26, 2010, 01:46:04 AM
I didn't know weather to make a new topic or not, so I'll just post here as the shooting is probably that of this song.

Fans of X JAPAN, are in for a once in a lifetime treat, will have the opportunity to "X-perience" the power and magic of the legendary J-Rock super-band in the filming of the epic bands upcoming music video at Club Nokia in Downtown Los Angeles at L.A. Live on the evening of July 1, 2010 immediately following the Yoshiki Foundation launch party.

Fans are encouraged to "dress to impress" as the entire band will take over the famous Club Nokia venue and "rock the house"!

Sources:http://www.activeanime.com/html/content/view/6680/36/
http://www.jrocknation.com/

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: June 26, 2010, 01:47:00 AM
Ah, LA is the place to be at the moment!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #47 on: June 26, 2010, 08:16:41 AM
I wonder why/how they changed the time from "on the following day" to "right after the party". o_O;;;; On JRR they edited their post without a single word about it, on animenetwork there's still thw old version though... weird, weird... *making up theories for that change* :P

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: June 26, 2010, 09:53:21 AM
Lucky who is livng in LA!!!
Wondering who will be shooting that PV?
Take many photo's please if allowed!!!
Whished they made a part of the PV in Paris too... :D

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: June 27, 2010, 12:19:43 AM
I knew it that they were gonna shoot the PV in the Club! Ahh I cant wait for Thursday! For those that don't, Club Nokia is actually a venue, so there's naturally a stage. I was talkin with a friend and we came the the conclusion that Sugizo was gonna be there for sure, since Yoshiki and Sugizo showed up to Miyavi's show a couple weeks ago. Also since it's almost August we figured all the members were gonna be there to support Yoshiki and then the news of them making a PV after would only make our assumptions correct.

Usually there are no cameras allowed inside Club Nokia but hopefully I'll try to be a ninja and take pics and hopefully record the song on my cell. I'm thinking on entering the Masqerade to see if I can get a chance to meet Yoshiki or get a chance to be in the vid =]

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: June 27, 2010, 12:26:13 AM
Hey...the fact that they are going to film the PV in Club Nokia, surely gives evidence towards "Born To Be Free" being a rock song, and not a ballad right?

Just what I think...

shane140

Reply #51 on: June 27, 2010, 12:41:51 AM
Hey...the fact that they are going to film the PV in Club Nokia, surely gives evidence towards "Born To Be Free" being a rock song, and not a ballad right?
My thoughts exactly,I'm almost positive it's not a ballad :)

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: June 27, 2010, 12:44:57 AM
You know I didnt even think about that, good observation =) I also wouldnt be surprised if all the members ended up at the Japan Expo in France either.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: June 27, 2010, 09:56:34 AM
X-Japan, or Yoshiki rather, always finds a way to somehow set up a situation where you'd think, "surely this would happen?" And then he somehow manages to do the complete opposite.

The hide memorial show was supposed to 'have no sad songs as hide wouldn't want that'. X came out and played every ballad that's ever been written by man.

I'm not convinced at all yet that this song wont be a ballad.

Offline vayz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • My kinda music
Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 03:07:39 PM
I think it will be a concept song in a rock/ballad theme.

X Japan

ONE OK ROCK

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 04:10:40 PM
They shall perform acoustic live set at LA party, ToshI will be there too!!!

http://www.jrockrevolution.com/index.php/news/jrock-news/1558-members-of-x-japan-to-perform-at-the-yoshiki-foundation-america-official-fan-party-to-benefit-charity.html

Los Angeles, CA (June 28, 2010) – X JAPAN fans rejoice as another surprise is coming your way! Fans will be in for a treat as, X JAPAN band members – Yoshiki (piano), Toshi (vocals) and Sugizo (violin) will perform a rare acoustic LIVE set,

I hope Sugizo will be there in Paris too with his violin, even if isn't announced...Dream dream dream...and Pata and Heath...dream dream... :D

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: June 30, 2010, 08:44:24 AM
You guys getting as excited as I am? In under two, chances are we will be able to hear X Japan's new song! Hopefully someone will be able to get a vid and upload it onto YouTube, or at least an audio clip! Here's hoping!!!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: June 30, 2010, 10:27:44 AM
If an acoustic version of Born to be Free is played I'm not expecting at all for that to mean that its the real version, if they do play Born to be Free as an acoustic its probably only a teaser for what the studio version is like, either ballad or rock.

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 03, 2010, 11:28:13 AM
dont know if it's been posted but here's the song:

http://www.mediafire.com/?bdwtxwqzykj#2

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 03, 2010, 12:29:53 PM
Thanks for posting the song.  Downloaded into i-Tunes, onto my i-Pod and now music to my ears!

Thanks again.

We are X!!!!!