Anna · 4929

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
on: October 30, 2007, 12:31:13 PM
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20071030-00000000-oric-ent

Here's a brief report:

Basically nothing new - Yoshiki again repeated that this time he would like X-Japan to end beautifully and that their activities together will be for a shorter rather than longer period.
He also noted that as for Toshi, the reunion is touching, as they are childhood friends.
There's also comment on how they included hide's melodies into I.V., as X is unthinkable without him.

Pony rocks!

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 04:18:43 PM

A video. Yoshiki also fondly mentions the facts how many fans X-Japan has in Europe.

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 04:35:02 PM
Quote from: "Anna"

There's also comment on how they included hide's melodies into I.V., as X is unthinkable without him.

No X without hide, anyone? Yoshiki ftw.

RIP

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 04:59:28 PM

I am not sure I understand well, but...  :)

I see it this way - for Yoshiki (and others, perhaps) hide was essential and it was hard (unthinkable) to imagine their world debut without him. That's why his melodies were inserted into I.V. and his guitar and hide doll were present.

Pony rocks!

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2007, 05:04:39 PM
so it's really not a long reunion? too bad... I hope there will be at least 1 concert in the states and in europe also so I can easily see them.

of course hide was for many fans much for X but I feel kind of sad that yoshiki can't imagine a full reunion of the band just with filling hides part with Taiji.. There are still soo much fans behind Taiji... I so damn hope that YOSHIKI knows about the Taiji-Fans

by the way: Taiji is still a little visual.. our space cowboy would do a great  guitarist!!!! the best X lead guitarist after hide (and of course the best X bass player.. but I like heath also).. Where's the problem to give Taiji his bass back on solo performances during concerts? Where's the problem to sometimes switch roles with Heath (e.g. when they play the very old X songs taiji should go back on bass and heath could try the guitar)..

Seeing YOSHIKI and TOSHI back together is still a miracle for me, so I still hope for TAIJI the same will be done

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 05:24:36 PM
so it's really not a long reunion? too bad... I hope there will be at least 1 concert in the states and in europe also so I can easily see them.

I think he has been saying it all along... that most of all, he wants to create a neat end. But still it's nothing definite. For all we know, X-Japan might remain with us for a bit longer than it may seem now.  :)

And well... I think it's natural that he thinks hide so important. It can never be the same, I think that's perhaps what he might mean. hide is definitely missing there. But, in my opinion, if he though it completely impossible, there would never be any reunion, ever. So in the end, things turned out okay I guess.

by the way: Taiji is still a little visual.. our space cowboy would do a great guitarist!!!! the best X lead guitarist after hide (and of course the best X bass player.. but I like heath also).. Where's the problem to give Taiji his bass back on solo performances during concerts? Where's the problem to sometimes switch roles with Heath (e.g. when they play the very old X songs taiji should go back on bass and heath could try the guitar)..

We feel the same way.  :)

Pony rocks!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 05:52:51 PM

A video. Yoshiki also fondly mentions the facts how many fans X-Japan has in Europe.

Hehehe, I LOVE that part with the Japan expo videos in it!!! *happyhappy*

Well... And I'd also like it best if they used taiji as a guitarist..or something like that... but, that only from the point of view of a fan. If I was hijm, I wouldn't want to "replace" a friend... This has absolutly nothing todo with the band itself, the fans, the media or anything else. I'd just feel damn weird, even if it'd would work...

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #7 on: October 30, 2007, 07:09:26 PM
Hehehe, I LOVE that part with the Japan expo videos in it!!! *happyhappy*

Yeah, I was pretty happy to see it as well!  :D

Pony rocks!

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: October 30, 2007, 07:13:57 PM

So let's hope that he'll visit us with X (or later perhaps S.K.I.N., but now I want X  :wink: )

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #9 on: October 30, 2007, 07:30:38 PM
So let's hope that he'll visit us with X (or later perhaps S.K.I.N., but now I want X Wink

That would be just so great! Personally, I do not care much for S.K.I.N. (though I would probably come to see them, should they arrive to Europe), but oh, if X-Japan came...
I wonder where would they come. I think London and Paris, as Yoshiki likes London a lot and also has good experience with Paris. But otherwise I don't know.

Pony rocks!

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #10 on: October 30, 2007, 07:39:41 PM
I guess, it would be paris.  He's actually been there multiple times (um..years ago for the rose of pain PV xD). And well, we already knows the situation thanks to japan expo :) Also, Paris is in the middle in europe and you can go there easily from everywhere!  :)

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: October 31, 2007, 01:09:54 PM

I am not sure I understand well, but...  :)

I thought it was ironic of Yoshiki to say this. You see, there were many fans who said X could reunite with a "better "guitarist than hide, even without Pata or Heath, and those were hardcore X fans. And now Yoshiki tells them, that he is just as "delusional" as some hide fans who can't imagine a reunion without hide. The irony, that I found amusing  :wink:

My dream scenario would have been a reunion with Taiji on lead guitar (or rather no reunion at all, I'm kind of sceptical with these things...) as well, but it seems impossible  :(

RIP

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 31, 2007, 01:45:04 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
When taiji left, X changed but still rocked on and they even took new (GOOD) directions in music!

Well, I don't really share this opinion. I think Heath is really good looking and all, but he is limited. I can't enjoy post Taiji Sadistic Desire with Heath on bass, for example. Also, songs like Voiceless Screaming and Rose Of Pain...have they played them with Heath? I could be wrong, but I don't think they did. I'm not saying X was all bad without Taiji, but of all the formations, IMO, the best (as in most dynamic and talented) was

Yoshiki
Toshi
hide
Taiji
Pata

RIP

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: October 31, 2007, 01:53:19 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
(or rather no reunion at all, I'm kind of sceptical with these things...)

Screw you, I want to see them live :D

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 06:28:12 AM
Quote from: "ferret"

I thought it was ironic of Yoshiki to say this. You see, there were many fans who said X could reunite with a "better "guitarist than hide, even without Pata or Heath, and those were hardcore X fans. And now Yoshiki tells them, that he is just as "delusional" as some hide fans who can't imagine a reunion without hide. The irony, that I found amusing  :wink:

I think it boils down to "technical vs. 'spiritual'". There are no doubt many technically superior guitarists to replace hide but it is feared by others that the atmosphere, "the feel" that you cannot master or rationalise or explicate in any way, suffers or at least inflates as a result. Lasting music is something beyond mere technical skills.

I, for one, remain optimistic about the reunion even without hide but returning Taiji would be compensation (I think) necessarily suffered without hide. Perhaps Taiji could at least appear as a "guest performer"...

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger