• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

YOSHIKI to undergo surgery on Monday‏

Ashura · 48881

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 05:52:53 PM
I thought it was a pretty optimistic message... by his standards at least. Sure, there's lots of drama in there, but he speaks about the future optimistically.

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 05:54:02 PM
It's about 9:50 in LA right now, so he could still be in surgery or going into it. But as for him working till he can't work anymore (-_-) I'm going to rant about that on Myspace later.

Go make my day....you know you wanna....do it.....DO IT!

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 06:41:10 PM
yeah i meant the drama...just look at the last line..oh well, but it ain't any major surgery eh? so i will just pray he recover and also in time for the concerts!

Offline miza

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 07:38:30 PM
The way I see it is that if this surgery is successful we all can enjoy Yoshikis (and X's) music still for many years.. And that's good. Also it would propably make the concerts more likely to happen, since he'd be in shape to play. And what's the most important thing is that Yoshiki himself would get a better/healthier life with less pain, and he could enjoy the things he love (music etc)  :)

So I hope Yoshiki all the best and I hope he'll get better soon  :)

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 07:52:58 PM
I'm kinda scared that he's gonna play whether he is ready or not and that this is gonna end up worse than if he took his time....>_<
Anyway, if I talk any more about my worries and all that I'll sound way too stupid...^^;

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 08:01:54 PM
From what I understand the operation began around 3 hours ago.

Here is a full translation, made by my friend Mieko and with a little cleaned up English by me:

"I'm sorry for being so sudden in revealing this news.

I believe that I am heading in a positive direction.

Hopefully this is the resolution to the problems which have became so since the re-formation of X Japan was decided.

I have been doing my best on stage and at the ten concerts which started at Tokyo Dome in March last year, but unfortunately things have not necessarily been perfect.

But regardless, the time that I spent with everyone during those shows are very wonderful memories carved in my life no matter what lays ahead in the future.

I have consulted with both Japanese and American doctors who are famous and skilled in this area of work in the past few weeks,

The wide spectrum of medical opinion I was given ranged from "playing drums is no longer possible" to "normal life will again be possible in the future if the disk of the neck is replaced and is given sufficient time to rest afterwards".

I told them "Please do anything which can be done so that my body is able to play the drums once more. Please make my body able to play the piano once more. I do not care what needs to be done to achieve this, even if it means replacing the part of my neck which is damaged".

I believe that this operation will succeed, even now several hours before the operation.

And furthermore, I will carry out concerts in other countries which are due to be announced in the future aswell as more performances in Japan and the concert in France which is already confirmed.

Please, everybody pray that the surgery is a success.

Though I'm not very good with words,

My body is shattering, and I will keep playing music until the last second.

~Do towards ruin~ (laughter...)

Love

Yoshiki"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:04:48 PM by Beauty/Broken »

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 08:02:56 PM
It's 3pm on the East Coast, which means midday on the West Coast, so I don't know really, was the time announced somewhere?

This is my administrator color.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:13 PM
It's 3pm on the East Coast, which means midday on the West Coast, so I don't know really, was the time announced somewhere?

Yeah, via YM

Offline ElefeX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 08:19:45 PM
Thanks for the news from Yoshiki and the translation!! He does seem to be optimistic about the surgery and the future which is good. I really hope it works and he needs no further surgery. I am still concerned he might rush things and not recover properly though, he really needs to look after himself!!

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 08:27:32 PM
let's us cross our fingers and hope that Dr. Anand will have a sucessful OP on Yoshiki.
Then, let's pray Yoshiki will getting better soon! Don't really care if the Paris concert will be on 10.10
or even in next year. The most important thing is, that Yoshiki will get well soon, and he won't suffer with
all those pain anymore. Then, we can talk about the concert date.

Offline Ashemanu

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 08:42:18 PM
let's us cross our fingers and hope that Dr. Anand will have a sucessful OP on Yoshiki.
Then, let's pray Yoshiki will getting better soon! Don't really care if the Paris concert will be on 10.10
or even in next year. The most important thing is, that Yoshiki will get well soon, and he won't suffer with

I just wish Yoshiki would see it the same way as you ...

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 09:09:58 PM
I hope the operation is a success and that it will relieve him of d sufferings over the years.
Seems unfair sometimes, he who has given so much has to be in such misery.
Well, I hope he won't over-exert during recuperation.

Offline Macha

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 09:14:59 PM

I just wish Yoshiki would see it the same way as you ...

Very true! I hope he takes the time to really rest and get better. Truly, that's all his fans really want! :P or at least me. *crosses fingers* were all prayin' for you yoshiki <3

Offline lucy_bkk

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 28, 2009, 08:27:32 AM
thank you and I am waiting for further update on his OP...

Offline TiBer0use

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 28, 2009, 10:38:46 AM
According to a japanese friend, the operation is a success. I'm like you, I await for news.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 28, 2009, 11:02:40 AM
I can't find this news anywhere on Yoshiki Mobile (you need to be signed up or something to have the most recent news?), however:

"It seems that the surgery was successful (source: Yoshiki Mobile)"

From Xradicaldreamers.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:06:58 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #46 on: July 28, 2009, 11:09:10 AM
YAY!

PARTY HARD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: July 28, 2009, 12:49:13 PM
I can't find this news anywhere on Yoshiki Mobile (you need to be signed up or something to have the most recent news?), however:

"It seems that the surgery was successful (source: Yoshiki Mobile)"

From Xradicaldreamers.

That's good to hear. :)

Offline ~Carmilla~

• Sunday Listener
  • ROCK LIKE FUCK!!!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/x_holic
Reply #48 on: July 28, 2009, 12:57:58 PM
Ohh Lord help him ;;;;_____________;;;;

I'm so fucking worried......

WE ARE X!!!

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 28, 2009, 07:06:46 PM
News from Yoshiki's staff:

Yoshikiの手術は成功しました。
ただ、彼は左手のしびれはまだあるようです。

彼は、今現在は麻酔によって眠っているようです。
彼は手術中にチューブを喉に入れて人口呼吸をしていたから、
彼がL.A.のスタッフと一瞬しゃべった時には彼の声がガラガラでした。

という情報が入っています。

また、命や中枢神経には別条もなく、無事に手術は終わったようです。

The operation on Yoshiki succeeded.
However, he seems still to have the numbness of the left hand.

He seems to be sleeping by anesthetizing as of now.
When he talked with the staff of L.A. momentarily because he put the tube in the throat while operating and breathed the population, his voice had gotten hoarse.

There is information.

Moreover, there was not something wrong on the life and the central nerve, and either the operation seems to have ended safely.

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 28, 2009, 07:30:28 PM
im glad =)
not the numbness part though, hrmm shall wait for more information

thanks for the update!

Offline Macha

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 28, 2009, 08:00:50 PM
eeeee Im very happy that everything went alright :D
I wonder what there going to chose to do about the numbness...
I while ago i had a neck injury that left my right arm numb and unusable for months *has to stop fighting people bigger than her* xD...it took a full year of rehabilitation. Unfortunately some things are still never the same.
He seems to have great doctors, so I have hope. But I think his issue is more long term damage that he has created after a long period of time. Sometimes that kind of damage can be more of a problem to fix. I just don't want him to be in pain....:( But he has a million fans and a million moms praying for him...so i have a feeling he'll be okay :)

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 28, 2009, 08:26:37 PM
I know how he feels! The tube down the throat will make you hoarse beyond beliefe and when you wake up with that thing going down your throat you start coughing really bad. It wasn't fun.  But I'm glad he is alright because I was really worried about him.

Offline Camazotz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 28, 2009, 11:16:57 PM
Oh thank you! I have been so worried so I'm so happy to hear everything is alright. EXcept for the hand...

I belive if time passes, everything turnes into beauty.

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 01:47:23 PM
Thanks for the updates. Relieved to know he woke up fine. But the numbness bit is worrying - wonder if it needs another op to fix it ?

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 29, 2009, 04:52:31 PM
Yoshiki managed to get out of bed and walked for 5 metres according to the new YM message.  however, it also mentioned that he's still very weak and that looks to be a hell of a recovery process. 

I hope he just focus on the recovery rather than thinking of the upcoming concerts as he could easily get himself back to the hospital again if he tries too hard to get back to shape too soon.  I would dread to see him collapse on the stage because it.

Offline Nathalie

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 29, 2009, 05:58:09 PM
Yoshiki managed to get out of bed and walked for 5 metres according to the new YM message.  however, it also mentioned that he's still very weak and that looks to be a hell of a recovery process.

According to the pdf posted earlier, patients can usually get out of bed two hours after the surgery. Hearing Yoshiki walked a mere 5 metres two days later kind of worries me. :-\ It's probably better for him not to do any concerts until next year or so. But I kind of doubt anyone will be able to convince him of this.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 29, 2009, 06:11:20 PM

According to the pdf posted earlier, patients can usually get out of bed two hours after the surgery. Hearing Yoshiki walked a mere 5 metres two days later kind of worries me. :-\ It's probably better for him not to do any concerts until next year or so. But I kind of doubt anyone will be able to convince him of this.

I really do hope that would be the case.
 - it will make things a lot easier for me :p
 - and: PLEASE YOSHIKI, TRY TO RECOVER >>;;;;;

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 29, 2009, 07:29:38 PM

According to the pdf posted earlier, patients can usually get out of bed two hours after the surgery. Hearing Yoshiki walked a mere 5 metres two days later kind of worries me.

He is Drama-queen and 5 meters is usually what he walks on the stage before colapsing. Don't forget he is Yoshiki.

Offline Michiko

• Sunday Listener
  • You love me!
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 29, 2009, 08:51:56 PM
*sweatdrop* poor Yo, I know how you feel buddy! I know it's hard...but five meters is enough to make you vomit after surgery. I got out of bed a day after mine and they made me walk down the hall, when I got back to my room I was so dizzy and my stomach was turning violently. So, it's not a laughing matter when you are going to hurl.