• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

hide memorial summit 2008

darkcat21 · 19193

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: April 07, 2008, 11:59:50 AM
Quote from: "Yzaleen"
Oh my god, I would love to be there. So many great band... And hide and Spread beaver it's so cool that they come !!!

well of COURSE they come XD they stick around a lot. mad beavers and so? right?

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 07, 2008, 12:14:40 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
Oh my god, I would love to be there. So many great band... And hide and Spread beaver it's so cool that they come !!!

Well, of course I was thinkin' them coming, but to have it confirm now make me all excited !!! ^^

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 07, 2008, 12:17:57 PM

Well, of course I was thinkin' them coming, but to have it confirm now make me all excited !!! ^^

yeaahh i know what you mean ^^ will be nice to see them playing together like that again... I wonder what chiro the big baby looks like now

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 07, 2008, 01:26:24 PM

yeaahh i know what you mean ^^ will be nice to see them playing together like that again... I wonder what chiro the big baby looks like now

I was asking me the same things ^^
And I wonder what DIE will be wearing, he always have so funny outfit !!!

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #34 on: April 07, 2008, 01:42:28 PM
no miyavi? I'm disappointed.. :(..
I'm sure that he would perform hide's songs very well. I'm also certain that he would color his hair into pink for only for this summit  :D  :D

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 07, 2008, 01:57:34 PM
Am I the only one who feels disappointed about the "main" bands selection? it said there will be more, but they basically put unknown bands to hide, like Phantasmagoria, Maximum the Hormone and so on, I was specting way better stuff, people from LEMONed as well, the guys from SAVER TIGER maybe? or Taiji, one of his best friends? I mean, it's his 10th death anniversary, this is BIG.
Don't get me wrong, if anyone else likes them I'm fine with that, but for me, this memorial summit seems rather disappointing with the information that's been released so far.

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: April 07, 2008, 02:10:05 PM
Quote from: "Radical Pan"
Am I the only one who feels disappointed about the "main" bands selection? it said there will be more, but they basically put unknown bands to hide, like Phantasmagoria, Maximum the Hormone and so on, I was specting way better stuff, people from LEMONed as well, the guys from SAVER TIGER maybe? or Taiji, one of his best friends? I mean, it's his 10th death anniversary, this is BIG.
Don't get me wrong, if anyone else likes them I'm fine with that, but for me, this memorial summit seems rather disappointing with the information that's been released so far.

I'm quite diappointed too. It's great to see Spread Beaver, X Japan and Luna Sea but I was hoping for some other bands like Zeppet Market, Glay...

btw...anybody know anything about a possible tv broadcast? Nonetheless I want to watch it.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 07, 2008, 02:10:33 PM
I agree with everything you said, Radical Pan. Alone the fact that Taiji won't be there is a major disappointment. I wonder whether it was his personal decision or  whether he wasn't invited.

RIP

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 07, 2008, 02:22:44 PM
Quote from: "Menacia"

I'm quite diappointed too. It's great to see Spread Beaver, X Japan and Luna Sea but I was hoping for some other bands like Zeppet Market, Glay...

Do you mean Zeppet Store? XD *lol* yeah, I was talking about them when I said all that LEMONed stuff.

Quote from: "ferret"
I agree with everything you said, Radical Pan. Alone the fact that Taiji won't be there is a major disappointment. I wonder whether it was his personal decision or  whether he wasn't invited.

I was thinking about that too, but who knows, I don't want to think Yoshiki's acting like a kid, or anything like that =/

I don't know, I'll leave it as "I feel disappointed overall", if I go deeper that'll only lead to my musical taste selection and so on and I don't want to make people feel awkward or uncomfortable with that. Sigh, I'll just have to hope whatever they do, at the end turns out good, I won't expect and demand less if it's for hide.

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: April 07, 2008, 03:22:22 PM
If I remember right, hurdy gurdy is the solo project of the ZEPPET STORE singer :) So there you have the participation of a LEMONed band (and I think hurdy gurdy actually is on LEMONed).

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 07, 2008, 04:37:55 PM
Wow, Maximum the Hormone!
Gotta love that band, they have such incredible spirit and a hella talented (female!) drummer.
Search for Zetsubou Billy on Youtube. The PV is a parody of different music genres :D

Also, I like a lot of the other bands, I think it's gonna be an amazing event. I sure hope there'll be videos availible!

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #42 on: April 07, 2008, 05:30:51 PM
I was hoping to see Taiji or Glay but noooo  :?
And why is DJ OZMA and T.M.Revolution there? o.o
I like T.M.R though, powerful voice! =3

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #43 on: April 07, 2008, 05:45:19 PM
Thanks Matthias, I'll check 'em out soon-- but from what you said about me "loving" them I think I can already guess what kinds of bands they'll be, heheh. ;)

Quote from: "ferret"

Totally agree with you and Pan.

I was hoping for more LEMONed, more old Extasy stuff, more big names... Glay?  Zi:Kill reunion?  Something with Screaming Mad George?  Saver Tiger guys?  Immensely disappointing to see all these random new bands and so little "old school" stuff.

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it's how I feel, so whatever: this is looking more like a commercial Yoshiki venture than any kind of "serious" hide tribute.  (And no, I'm not opposed to Yoshiki making money-- quite the opposite.  But there's a time and place.)  Come on.  These bands have a hell of a lot more to do with Yoshiki-affiliated marketing projects (JRR, etc.) than they do with hide.

I'm also starting to wonder if the big names don't want to work with Yoshiki or something.  I mean, first it was "OMG UP TO 10 SUPER GUEST GUITARISTS!!" and it turned out to be... Sugizo and two pretty random guys who I guess were there as a friendly personal favor to Yoshiki.  And now it's "OMG 20-BAND INCREDIBLE TRIBUTE SUMMIT!  10 YEARS IN THE MAKING!  URGENT ANNOUNCEMENT!"... and it's, well, this. :P

And I'm sure there's no way of knowing, unfortunately, but I too wonder if Taiji declined an invitation for personal reasons, or whether he wasn't even invited at all.  The latter wouldn't surprise me, as neither DTR nor Cloud Nine are part of the same musical world as the bands on this list.  Wouldn't want those damn macho metal bands "contaminating" the visual concert, or something. :roll:

Oh well, it's still cool that Spread Beaver will play... but overall, this "tribute summit" is a huge disappointment.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 07, 2008, 05:52:11 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

I was hoping for more LEMONed, more old Extasy stuff, more big names... Glay?  Zi:Kill reunion?  Something with Screaming Mad George?  Saver Tiger guys?  Immensely disappointing to see all these random new bands and so little "old school" stuff.

yeah... some Zi:Kill would be nice, but dear old Tusk ended his musical career completely. I dunno if it had to do with his voice, but well it was more and more croaky, so I don't know

well I dunno about all those old extasy artists... you don't really hear much from them anymore.

Maybe there will be more in the thousands musician thing, than in the few bands that are listed... they rather seem commercial.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 07, 2008, 05:53:08 PM
They could also have gotten The Peppers, Jane's Addiction and The Specials to play there, cause you know, he was fan of those bands.

And Prince, you cannot forget Prince. Pretty random, but , oh well, fits the rest of the list.

RIP

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 07, 2008, 05:56:21 PM
Actually all this bands have more relation with Yoshiki rather than hide, but don't forget that Yoshiki also said that he was "creating" a band with friends of hide, specially for the summit.

hi there

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 07, 2008, 06:02:59 PM
Good things:

-Spread Beavers
-X-Japan
-Luna Sea
-Dir En Grey
-Versailles(Kamijo and Hizaki are fan of X-Japan and hide as they stated in various occasions,also they're damn good!)
-Phantasmagoria(don't know about any link with hide,but Kisaki is a genius so it's ok :D )

Bad things:

-No Taiji
-No old extasy bands,but most of them disbanded so it was almost impossible to see them.

Now all that's left to see is what this ULTRA BAND formed by Yoshiki is all about.
On a side note,Phantasmagoria are going to reform on the 30th of August 8)

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 07, 2008, 06:06:00 PM
the only way the ultra band could be cool would be if it's like the extasy summits god save the queen or anarchy in the uk
that was damn cool XD

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #49 on: April 07, 2008, 06:08:42 PM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
don't forget that Yoshiki also said that he was "creating" a band with friends of hide, specially for the summit.

Hmm, true.  I look forward to seeing who turns out to be in that, though based on this list I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

And I assumed it would be like "Muteki Band" from the Extasy Summits, where it's a huge band made up of people from other bands that were already at the summit anyway, but I guess time will tell.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline madrigal

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 07, 2008, 06:27:45 PM
I look forward to seeing who turns out to be in that, though based on this list I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

-miyavi-  8)

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #51 on: April 07, 2008, 06:31:53 PM

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but it's how I feel, so whatever: this is looking more like a commercial Yoshiki venture than any kind of "serious" hide tribute.  (And no, I'm not opposed to Yoshiki making money-- quite the opposite.  But there's a time and place.)  Come on.  These bands have a hell of a lot more to do with Yoshiki-affiliated marketing projects (JRR, etc.) than they do with hide.

Seconded. I don't see that as a hide tribute.
What I see in the tribute - X Japan, Luna Sea, old Extasy stuff, LEMONed ppl, TAIJI!!
I mean, someone that actually relates to hide.

Really disappointed with some of the guest though.

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #52 on: April 07, 2008, 06:43:32 PM
I was hoping for Zilch to reunite as well, but some of these bands are probably influenced by hide, or have a lot of respect for him hence them doing the gig.

There could be more announcements though, so there could be more bands....

This is my moderator colour

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: April 07, 2008, 06:56:56 PM
Quote from: "Tordek42"
I was hoping for Zilch to reunite as well

2/5 or so of Zilch are dead X_x

Offline Tordek42

• Absolute Destruction
  • Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Reply #54 on: April 07, 2008, 06:58:53 PM
I know but they could have the whole playback thing for hide then perhaps Heath or J could fill-in for Paul Raven....

Wishful thinking I know

This is my moderator colour

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: April 07, 2008, 07:07:28 PM
Personally I think it's a bit too much to require the prescence of musicians who especially aren't in the business anymore.
They've moved on with their lives and surely want to get settled with something else.
New bands that aren't necessarily connected directly to hide can be just as capable of making it a memorable event, because just being influenced by an artist gives you a certain connection to it.

X Japan and Luna Sea reunited, noone should really ask for more since those two are like the only Extasy bands who could make money out of it.

Also, it's questionable if Yoshiki actually invited any of the oldies. If he did they surely would put a day or two aside to perform at this event.
I do find it a little strange because there are still some ex-Extasy bands that haven't disbanded, like Tokyo Yankees. Why aren't they there?

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: April 07, 2008, 07:09:57 PM
Hollywood, thanks God man, I thought I was the online one and that I would get my ass flamed, but I don't see the reason to be to most of those bands, specially the Visual Kei ones (except for Versailles, I do agree Hizaki is pretty good guitarist even though I don't listen to their music at all, not my thing).

Let's hope this one (or two) day(s) band will be THE shit, or else this is going to suck big time.
Stuff-that-Yoshiki-likes,-"for"-hide memorial summit, thank you.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: April 07, 2008, 07:11:25 PM
I hope this band is formed by old personalities from the Extasy Records' history,that would be a perfect tribute to hide.

Remember,in the first announcement it was said that the members were chosen among hide's old friends and collaborators so there has to be someone else(or at least I think so :D )

Many bands listed for this tribute are made by hide followers,not friends,so I'm hoping for more guests 8)

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #58 on: April 07, 2008, 08:08:58 PM
Just so you guys know, The Underneath is actually Transtic Nerve with a new name and musical style. Transtic Nerve was originally signed to LEMONed. ^_^

But yeah, a lot of the bands picked for the first night seem a bit random. XD" The second night however sounds like the ultimate in epic win. *_* If it weren't for the fact that a) I need a Japanese address to get tickets and b) my parents won't let me go back to Japan again until I finish college, I'd SO be there.

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: April 07, 2008, 08:09:57 PM
You never know guys, it is possible that some people refused Yoshiki...

Some random shit on that set list (dj Ozma wtf?) but X, Luna Sea, D'espairsRay and Versailles is enough to get my excited, wonder if there will be a stream or a tv broadcast of the summit.

P.S. Never heard of that 'heidi' band but looking at their myspace has got me kind of interested, their stuff sounds pretty decent.

Here's the youtube links for the press conference, featuring a scary woman speaking broken english to Yoshiki about taking the hide memorial summit overseas (calm down dear, no one has been asking for it...)