AsukaMiyu · 5926

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
on: December 26, 2014, 07:05:15 PM
...have a look here!

Did X ever play a medley before? Probably not, judging from this performance... @___@

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 07:34:17 PM
That was...interesting to say the least. It's like they spent no time making it flow together. It's like I pressed the preview button on itunes or something for each of the songs. Also, why was Yoshiki featured like that? It made me think it was a Yoshiki solo show with X Japan backing him up.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2014, 04:48:40 PM
Yoshiki really like being the center of attention x)
It was kind of funny to watch though. Nice to hear Hero too :)
But it wasn't useful to play Kurenai if it was just for 3 notes on piano...

In the end, nice to see something kind of new from X Japan, but it really looked like it was just through together at last minute ^^"

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 09:01:06 AM
Yeah the medley wasn't done very well... and it didn't help to make that impression better if Yoshiki misses the start of the next song cause he was climbing up his drums and the drum track starts playing without him. LOL (I don't really mind the half-playback really.. it's rather common for TV shows... but IF one does playback, it should be done well! XD)

I have to agree with you two and lots of other fans I talked to... Yoshiki's is way too much in the centre of attention and Pata, Heath and Sugizo look like hired musicians who have nothing to do with the band. :/ Why didn't they just join Yoshiki and Toshi in the middle?  The whole thing looked a bit weird. But I always hope that wasn't Yoshiki-hime's decision. -_-

Buuuut... I also showed the performance to people who don't follow X' recent activities. They didn't have a problem with anything mentioned before but just enjoyed the show. And since the target group of that performance weren't the hard-core x fans but the japanese audience in general, it was probably an okay show.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 12:14:18 PM
Yes I agree, it was OK, and nice to see them active again, if I may say so.
As you said, playback is normal on those TV shows so it's not a problem if it is correctly rehearsed x)
It may be the first time I see the drum set and the drummer in the centre and the rest of the band far behind lol

It's nice that non-X fans enjoyed the performance :)
I'm pretty sure if I saw it without knowing X, I'd be surprised by that sur-exposed drummer and the rest of the band kind of non relevant.

Still a good thing to see them "live", as long as they get back to business soon enough after the New Eve and all :)

Oh and it's also nice to see some news on this forum ^^

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 12:53:25 PM
Haha, yeah lets hope the forums will stay a bit more active... ;)

but...regarding "back to business" after this appearance... yoshiki said the new album might be out in...August... tour starting afterwards... Doesn't sound very active, huh?
But hopefully that big break until then is because Yoshiki gets his wrists fixed - it's really about time... -_-

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 01:45:43 PM
Yeah I know that the first half of 2015 will be pretty empty as far as what has been announced...

But maybe we'll have some good surprise before august? I don't remember exactly if it was such a surprise or if it was announced long before but I was rather surprised of Scarlet Love Song and Hero as anime songs when I discovered them (plus, I'm a big fan of Saint Seiya :D), I don't recall having heard of them being announced very long before, so maybe something like that before the """""new""""" album x)
Oh and since I'm doing a late kind of Xmas gift list: I'd like to see the final version of Jade PV with fancy clothes and werewolf xD

Of course, I'd rather have nothing until august and a real comeback for good after that :D but I don't set my hopes too high, I guess that's the best to do ^^"

Offline Drsrh

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 05:05:00 PM
There was also an interview with Yoshiki from about a week or so ago saying there's a bunch of songs already written for the album. So, maybe we'll see a few surprises. Either way, as long as they do something, I can't complain too much lol.

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 04:06:43 AM
As with most of you guys, I also agree that the medley was half-baked. Having "Kurenai" as the intro felt unnecessary since they played so little of it & in my opinion, didn't feel like it belonged in that medley at all. I also wish that Yoshiki shared the stage the whole time with the other instead of having his separate stage, that too felt unnecessary.

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 10:40:28 AM
It may be the first time I see the drum set and the drummer in the centre and the rest of the band far behind lol

I have to agree with you two and lots of other fans I talked to... Yoshiki's is way too much in the centre of attention and Pata, Heath and Sugizo look like hired musicians who have nothing to do with the band. :/ Why didn't they just join Yoshiki and Toshi in the middle?  The whole thing looked a bit weird. But I always hope that wasn't Yoshiki-hime's decision. -_-

I say this for a long time. X isn't a band anymore, it looks like "Yoshiki and his underlings". He is always the center of attention. Everything related to the band always appears as "YOSHIKI THE AWESOME MUSICIAN WHICH LEADS THE MOST MOTHERFUCKING BAND IN JAPAN".

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 01:25:44 PM
Thanks for the video Joker :)

I've saw it some years ago ; maybe it didn't have the same impact because of the other member being more on screen and moving etc

And I have to agree with your view of X's direction, that's too bad :/