• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X JAPAN's world tour plans for 2011

AsukaMiyu · 175738

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: October 19, 2010, 11:03:50 PM
I would love it if the band had a chance to meet the fans here in Canada -- even at a convention will do. (Sometimes it feels like Yoshiki is focusing so much on taking over the US that he's not taking the fans in Canada as seriously). Tour schedules are crazy busy, especially for a band like X that have such dynamic and grandiose performances, but getting some publicity and time with the fans can only do good things for them... Or at least that's my wishful thinking...   ::)

often when you divide your attention, you fail at both endeavors. I think it's smart to pound away at one market before trying to break into another.

Well you see the problem is that the U.S and Canadian market is more or less the same. I agree with sukisyo but to make the situation easier for them I would stop saying "trying to break into the U.S market" and say "Trying to break into the North American market." It's sad that Canada is often thrown on the back burner, in the shadow of our Southern cousins. I understand that the U.S is far larger in terms of profit and fame etc. but since Canada is so similar to the U.S in terms of popular media, I think both should be recognized equally. I find it interesting how this X-Freaks forum is very Canadian-dominated. I don't think Yoshiki is trying to ignore Canada; it's obvious in that they played 2 shows here and had a great time. I think we'll see them again in 2011.

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: October 20, 2010, 03:02:46 AM
Yes!! come back to Toronto, please~~. We had great time here.

I hope ToshI will improve his English :) I do not mind his pronouciation, but  he needs more speaking ability.
His MC in Japanese is really good, I do love it, but in English...much less talk than Japanese.
MC is quite important for good lives. I thnik he knows about it himself, too... hopefully.

Yes, Toshi has a great sense of humour that doesn't translate over to English. He needs to be able to speak English much better then he does now. I guess the same could be said for both Pata and Heath.
They have to be able to communicate in English if they want to make it in here. All of them and not just Yoshiki.

I would just be happy if Toshi stopped yelling/screaming when he talks between tunes ...and actually talks to the crowd.  You don't have to yell every time to get people pumped up - they already are!

Offline anna_lepard

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: October 20, 2010, 08:27:42 AM
Sorry i can't be online often. Who care about pronouncement of english. It is about the music.

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: October 20, 2010, 09:27:42 AM
Canada is a different market
Vancouver is very...JAPANESE centric. lots of overseas students, and RICH RICH history with the Japanese as well. There are some 3rd/4th gen Japanese ppl on the west coast

as for toronto..center of the universe..and..err...since i see some hockey references..

LEAFS SUCK...

Yoshiki did sign autographs after the Vancouver show, rolled up in SUV with pata and sugizo..signed stuff
then off to dinner at some high end sushi joint..which is popular with celebrities..even tho i think it sucks there..
overpriced food..hahaha

IZAKAYA is where these ppl should be at..lots to choose from..but i guess the sake list isnt as GRAND as te one as KAMEI ROYAL

Offline 4skin,

• Rookie
  • BUMP OF MADNESS
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: October 20, 2010, 11:45:25 AM

I hope ToshI will improve his English :) I do not mind his pronouciation, but  he needs more speaking ability.
His MC in Japanese is really good, I do love it, but in English...much less talk than Japanese.
MC is quite important for good lives. I thnik he knows about it himself, too... hopefully.

Yes, Toshi has a great sense of humour that doesn't translate over to English. He needs to be able to speak English much better then he does now. I guess the same could be said for both Pata and Heath.
They have to be able to communicate in English if they want to make it in here. All of them and not just Yoshiki.

I would just be happy if Toshi stopped yelling/screaming when he talks between tunes ...and actually talks to the crowd.  You don't have to yell every time to get people pumped up - they already are!

that's the way that Toshi's been addressing crowds for over a decade, so i don't think he'll be stopping any time soon. nothing wrong with getting a crowd even more pumped up, and he does a great job of doing it!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: October 20, 2010, 06:14:39 PM
Who care about pronouncement of english. It is about the music.
Yes! I agree with that!

that's the way that Toshi's been addressing crowds for over a decade, so i don't think he'll be stopping any time soon. nothing wrong with getting a crowd even more pumped up, and he does a great job of doing it!

And this too I agree!
No need to change!!!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: October 20, 2010, 10:53:54 PM
We've got some pretty decent sized conventions, Would be interesting if they decided to show up at one of those.

Offline sukisyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: October 21, 2010, 05:04:37 PM
We've got some pretty decent sized conventions, Would be interesting if they decided to show up at one of those.

We do we do! The Comic Expo at the end of August would probably be their best bet because it has a wider range of attendants than the anime cons (err, speaking from experience). And there is a stage already set up right in the convention hall (they used to film Canadian Idol - blarg - in there, and now So You Think You Can Dance, I think). There are also quite a few international fans coming to Toronto just for the convention. We know that hype is just as effective in gathering fans as good publicity, and there are already so many people who attend conventions because of fandoms or fangirlisms/boyisms....

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: October 21, 2010, 06:03:19 PM

Conventions?
Honestly, I prefer them doing real concerts in real concert avenues!!!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: October 21, 2010, 08:17:17 PM
im suggesting they do them to get their name out there for some new ppl. Its cheaper than doing a tour and A LOT of ppl attend them.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: October 21, 2010, 09:19:32 PM
There's always Anime North which is held annually on last weekend of May in Toronto. Such a wonderful convention for anything Japanese. 2011 will be my 5th year attending. This year the attendance rose to 18,500! While a lot of those people may not be X fans I'm sure they wouldn't turn down a concert @ the con knowing/finding out who X Japan is.

Realistically, I'd like them to just advertise and promote offline more in North America and play the concerts at proper venues, not cons cause the sound will just plain suck in the area they have available and the seating/grouping will suck since it's not venue-like.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: October 22, 2010, 08:32:42 AM
Gibson Amphitheater or Staples center would be cool for an L.A show, but either way anywhere would be cool and I'd still go regardless.

=P

Offline 4skin,

• Rookie
  • BUMP OF MADNESS
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: October 22, 2010, 12:05:53 PM
There's always Anime North which is held annually on last weekend of May in Toronto. Such a wonderful convention for anything Japanese. 2011 will be my 5th year attending. This year the attendance rose to 18,500! While a lot of those people may not be X fans I'm sure they wouldn't turn down a concert @ the con knowing/finding out who X Japan is.

Realistically, I'd like them to just advertise and promote offline more in North America and play the concerts at proper venues, not cons cause the sound will just plain suck in the area they have available and the seating/grouping will suck since it's not venue-like.

while that sounds like a good idea in theory, i think that the less narutards attending X concerts in the long run would maintain a certain level of integrity for the shows. the fanbase at Massey Hall was perfect the way it was.

Offline sukisyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: October 22, 2010, 01:32:35 PM
I'd certainly prefer X performing in an actual concert hall. My point though, is that it would not hurt them to have an opportunity to meet the fans/ sign autographs and get some free publicity. They don't have to perform a full set, or at all, as long as they make their presence known on the scene and fans new and old will be appeased. (That's why I was thinking the Comic Expo, since its in Toronto anyway, so they could have a meet and greet with the fans one of the days, and then a performance at another location the following.)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: October 22, 2010, 05:19:21 PM

while that sounds like a good idea in theory, i think that the less narutards attending X concerts in the long run would maintain a certain level of integrity for the shows. the fanbase at Massey Hall was perfect the way it was.

Which is why I sad, "Realistically, I'd like them to just advertise and promote offline more in North America and play the concerts at proper venues..." Massey Hall would be my choice again over any other venue here.

Offline darkmoon

• View Profile
Reply #75 on: November 03, 2010, 03:16:34 AM
OMG!if they decide to come back to Toronto, I'll be there no matter what! even though i seriously doubt the possibility of them coming back to NA in less than one year...But hell, I'll be there whenever they decide to come back!

Offline YourFuneral

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: November 05, 2010, 12:59:14 AM

I realize that's been Toshi's style of interacting with the crowd.  After numerous concerts, including the Seattle gig, I just found it annoying after awhile.  When Yoshiki took the mic and actually spoke to the crowd, that was a nice break from Toshi's approach.  If I'm in the minority about all this, so be it.   

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: November 10, 2010, 08:31:49 PM
Yoshiki said he had to beat Toshi's ass off when they record art of life, i bet yoshiki is going to beat him again after this tour so he doesnt have to do all the damn talking lol.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: November 13, 2010, 06:14:27 PM
It looks like we're in for ANOTHER North American tour in March of 2011!!! http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000065672

It has been (unofficially) announced as usual that Yoshiki/X Japan are planning to do a tour for the new album: North America in March, South America April and apparently some 'surprise' for Tokyo/Japan afterward in the spring!

This is amazing news for us in the America's...however, for the sake of those in UK/Europe, I hope you get some news soon.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: November 13, 2010, 06:24:45 PM
I really want to see is the X here in Brazil.
This tour in south america will be cool ..

Offline Le Psyence

• Sunday Listener
  • supersonic slimy dance
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: November 13, 2010, 06:33:50 PM
I love them but I'll love them the most if the ever stop by here....seems like I'll have to wait....

Or I can make a BIG effort and see them live in LA.....let's see what happens

In dazzle, I was ready to be destroyed under the power, was invisible.
When I saw the truth, I heard my ghost cry...

shane140

Reply #81 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:55 PM
No Europe again, they should have announced that before anything else. I'm very dissapointed. :(

Offline Le Psyence

• Sunday Listener
  • supersonic slimy dance
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: November 13, 2010, 06:41:07 PM
Something I have learnt as an X Japan fan is to be patient, and to be optimistic (?

So take it easy, people, we'll get to see them some day (:

In dazzle, I was ready to be destroyed under the power, was invisible.
When I saw the truth, I heard my ghost cry...

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: November 13, 2010, 06:42:07 PM
I don't think this will happen before Yoshiki say's it, and I won't believe it after that.. However if this happens, they must be MAD. Going to South America before Europe? WHY?

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: November 13, 2010, 06:43:02 PM
is shane i still think they will play in Europe next year :D

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: November 13, 2010, 06:47:37 PM
Yea I'm actually quite shocked that Europe is getting the short-end of the stick in this whole 'world tour'. It seems like Yoshiki is REALLY focused on the American market for the time being. No complaints from me though, being in Canada ;p

shane140

Reply #86 on: November 13, 2010, 06:57:56 PM
I wouldn't mind really, but it's the fact they've cancelled so many times, they promised to play years ago, and now Yoshiki decides to play in America again first.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: November 13, 2010, 07:06:24 PM
YOSHIKI will understand this is

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: November 13, 2010, 07:12:05 PM
Nothing is announced officially yet, no dates etc...

Someone can translate this? http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000065672

They mentioned after North America tour a time ago, Europe Tour will start in 2011:Germany and France being already decided, discussions with UK being buzzy...
I still believe that, until I hear official announcements that things are changed....

Yoshiki is not to blame if they do not first Europe.
Touroperator/management...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: November 13, 2010, 07:28:59 PM
Ha, I can't understand how people are complaining about the no dates for Europe. You guys are lucky that they are going to eventually go there! Think about those of us who live in places like Australia or NZ! If we want to see them we have to pay big! :(