Sugizo's DVD - Rise to Cosmic Dance

xVisualShockx · 4231

Offline xVisualShockx

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • My Last.fm
on: October 16, 2009, 10:31:22 AM
Has anyone here seen it? Thoughts?

I really loved it, I had pretty high expectations because I am a huge fan of his, and have wanted to see something like this from him for a long time. But he really blew away all my expectations, it was amazing! I'm very jealous of anyone that got to be there for the performance :D I especially loved his performance of Enola Gay, Sweet, and 1000knives but they were all great! Especially when he was dancing and the entire band, (himself included) started playing with percussion instruments lol. The extra stuff was fun too! He had a great group of artists performing with him, and it was good to see some of those familiar faces on stage with him for that show :D Very fun indeed! This will be at the top of my favorite DVD list for a lonnnng time!

Offline holly.x

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 12:52:36 PM
me have!!

the belly dance part got me lol for a while and it's such a weird concert (maybe too different from the concerts we see) maybe i should watch again tomorrow when i have time as i have only watched 2 times since I bought it XD..btw it's bootleg  but i do listen to Cosmoscape quite a bit as its very very good collection of Sugi (except not including The Prayer which happens to be my favorite song of him)

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 09:18:03 PM
I recently bought this dvd...It was worth the 60 USD lol.
Best concert dvd I've ever bought. I'm in LOOOOOOVE with it.

Offline andy.

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 10:08:23 PM
I love it too, specially the end with synchronicity is awesome :)

"the language barrier doesn't exist in great music."

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 11:22:12 PM
I watched it for the first time last week like I mentioned somewhere on the board and it just blew my mind. I had seen clips on youtube and it looked very promising. I felt such a high, I felt the need to draw a lot.

I'm especially so happy that they filmed a lot of his playing instead of his face. Yes, Sugizo's face is nice, but I'm also interested in his technique, as are many musicians I am sure.
The rest of the band and performers were excellent and had a huge energy. The ambiance was so dense, very intimate. It's hard to explain if you haven't watched it. It's almost trance like.

It was different, in a good way. I know he puts a lot of emphasis on experience and often mentions how he wants to create an incredible synergy between him and the fans through his music. If he can achieve that through DVD I can't even start imagining how it would feel to be there (I did read somewhere that he said that he spent countless amount of time editing the performance to only keep the pure, significant parts... unlike Yoshiki who loves to keep 40 minutes of footage of people sitting).

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 11:44:35 PM
definitely a great show. it's actually a concert that i'd recommend to someone who wasn't likely to be a jrock fan, as opposed to the typical fan of the genre.

Offline lunatic_high

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 12:53:13 AM
Gah, you guys are making me really wanna buy the DVD.  I'm not really a fan of Luna Sea (please don't kill me) but I've always loved seeing Sugizo perform. Plus I've really enjoyed the few clips I've seen of Rise to Cosmic Dance.

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 12:59:15 AM
You don't have to like Luna Sea to like this dvd. BUY IT!

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 12:19:27 PM
Does anyone know if there are english subtitles for this somewhere?

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 01:13:03 PM
Honestly, I have never seen subs for it. Which kinda leaves me completely lost during the bonus feature xD

Offline andi3

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KARMIA
Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 02:08:34 PM
Yeah I'd very much like understand what they are saying :D