X Japan World Tour @ Fox Theatre, Oakland, CA - September 28th

Sander · 37559

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Fox Theatre, Oakland, CA - September 28th Buy tickets - $37.50

The Fox Oakland Theatre is a 2,800-seat movie theater, located at 1807 Telegraph Avenue in downtown Oakland, California. The theater was designed by Weeks and Day, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places, and reopened on February 5, 2009.

This is my administrator color.

Offline freshtofu

• Sunday Listener
  • yoran2009x
    • View Profile
    • my blog
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 04:49:46 AM
Where are the Bay Area peeps? hehe this thread is lonely lol
Got the tickets in the mail today! I'll be going with my bros, can't wait!

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 07:58:53 AM
Got my tickets as well. Floor/Pit tix. I cannot wait...it's gonna be a slow month waiting lol

Offline Nande_Ebisu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 12:24:36 PM
Oh wow. I haven't read much X Japan news lately but this one is amazing as tomorrow I'll be going to near San Francisco to study. Gotta buy a ticket tomorrow after I arrive there.

edit: aah, what the heck, just bought the tickets. Wohoo!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:16:27 PM by Nande_Ebisu »

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:19:09 AM
Where's the love for the Oakland gig? Come on people!

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 02:43:49 AM
Lol I've got some love for Oakland, Im actually from L.A. but me and a few friends also bought tickets for the Oakland show.

Have to Say September is an amazing month for me, Dir en Grey, J pop summit and 2 X Japan shows!

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:55:41 AM
A good article:

Deep-rooted Japanese band coming to Oakland at The Campanil

Offline ddb2

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 11:25:15 AM
Xplosion gets a mention. Congrats are in order  :)

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 11:35:00 AM
Yeah I noticed that too :) It's a student-run campus newspaper, but still it's a good thing :D

And congratulations to Katrin's xjapan.de website, she deserves it! :)

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: September 26, 2010, 03:35:32 PM
If anyone is going to this show (as its the next one), can you check what sizes they do the t-shirts and hoodies in? I'm going to buy some at the NY show but just want to know what sizes they go up to :)

Offline Jrockergirl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 08:18:42 AM
Im leaving tonight for Oakland show because Wiltern shows was crazy, shirt sizes went from small to X Large but Large was sold out very quick. So many places reviewed the concert day after with tons of pictures and Oakland is next

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 10:52:56 AM
I hope Toshi's voice is in better condition for tomorrow's concert. It was very good at the Wiltern, but it needs to be better for a world tour.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 03:01:04 PM
next stop is here, i hope people will keep updating using twitter again

Ex denxdenx

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 07:32:48 PM
I'll be leaving tomorrow for the show. I"m afraid the line for the show is gonna be so long the merch will sell out before we get there o_O

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 08:29:13 PM
I hope Toshi's voice is in better condition for tomorrow's concert. It was very good at the Wiltern, but it needs to be better for a world tour.
I saw him only struggling with Silent Jealousy, it is very hard song to sing, that beginning.

I am more worried about Yoshiki's neck...Like I saw him headbanging and give it all while drumming, I am wondering how many times he can do that in 12 days to come...And then thereafter our Europe tour...

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 10:12:04 PM
I'll attempt to update info on the show. twitter.com/creepyklutz

CharonCaori

Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 12:24:39 AM
Have fun! Take care of Yoshiki for us! I hope the concert goes awesomely. Oh, and travel safe!

Offline CreepyKlutz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 12:49:04 AM
Have fun! Take care of Yoshiki for us! I hope the concert goes awesomely. Oh, and travel safe!

Thank you. As I'm driving for a little over 4 hrs to get there!  ;)

CharonCaori

Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 12:54:29 AM
Then, I really hope you like the concert enough to make the trip worth it. Make sure to get plenty of sleep! =P

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 12:59:55 AM
I saw him only struggling with Silent Jealousy, it is very hard song to sing, that beginning.

That beginning section where Toshi has to sing on his own is one of the most pointless add ons to an X song I've seen, it does nothing but put pressure on Toshi's voice. There's no need for it, they should just start the song with Yoshiki hitting the cymbals like they used to.

CharonCaori

Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 01:23:50 AM
That beginning section where Toshi has to sing on his own is one of the most pointless add ons to an X song I've seen, it does nothing but put pressure on Toshi's voice. There's no need for it, they should just start the song with Yoshiki hitting the cymbals like they used to.
That's actually a really good idea. I can't remember the last time Toshi pulled the opening off flawlessly, and most of the time the song starts with Toshi holding an extended note (off-key) while Yoshiki comes in on the wrong beat. It just sounds like a trainwreck.

Offline jaimex

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 06:09:29 AM
There's a Yoshiki interview coming up tomorrow
http://live105.radio.com/tag/yoshiki/

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 04:26:10 PM
So when does the concert start?

Online Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 07:08:12 PM
It doesn't seem like anywhere near as many fans are attending this as they did the Wiltern one.

Fingers crossed for another good attendance and lots of updates :)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 07:19:49 PM
So when does the concert start?

In Oakland is now 11h15 am, it will start when I am driving to work and working in office  :(

creepyklutz will update on twitter. But in my office we can't go on twiiter, facebook or youtube:Informatica team blocked those sites for staff!!! I'll have to wait tomorrow evening to know how it has been! ???

I am sure it will be a great succes this one too. So curious which songs they will change from the setlist compared with Wittern theater.

Please write the twitters on this forum. Because I can check forums!!!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 07:21:45 PM by Ann1958 »

Online Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: September 28, 2010, 11:04:41 PM
I agree with the above sentiments!

Let's get some discussion going in this thread, let's get some buzz on.

I mean, come on! X Japan are playing live in a few hours, in America. Come on guys, where's the spirit? I'm shocked to see this thread so deserted right now. I hope the gig isn't a total attendance fail.

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: September 28, 2010, 11:29:20 PM
Hmm...there wasn't that much patricipation in the Wiltern thread either I think?
I mean, before the live and even while the live was going on....
I guess because the majority of members seem to be from Europe and the timezones are too far apart.
When the live in Wiltern was happening it was 6:30 in the morning where I live or sth like that.
I want to be up for today's live too but it's already 1.27, I still haven't slept and I'm not sure exactly what time the live WILL start...XD

Anyway, hmm...does anyone think there will actually be any set list changes for this live? And what song do you think might change?
I'd like to see Week End pop up somewhere in the tour because so many people seem to be asking about it. XD

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: September 29, 2010, 12:33:14 AM
Nothing on twitter either.....

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: September 29, 2010, 12:36:50 AM
Yeah, they havn't played Week End for four of their recent lives, and I had a feeling that was going to happen when they cut the song in half at the Taipei concert. I have no idea why they're not playing it now, its a classic right up there with Kurenai and X.

And for me its currently 00:34 am. I thought the concert would've started hours ago since it was today, maybe its a 8 or 9:00pm concert over there or something, meaning it would be 2-3:00 am here when the concert starts.

I think the setlist will remain the same, except for one song change and maybe the order will be slightly different.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:38:56 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 29, 2010, 12:45:11 AM
Yeah, they havn't played Week End for four of their recent lives, and I had a feeling that was going to happen when they cut the song in half at the Taipei concert. I have no idea why they're not playing it now, its a classic right up there with Kurenai and X.

And for me its currently 00:34 am. I thought the concert would've started hours ago since it was today, maybe its a 8 or 9:00pm concert over there or something, meaning it would be 2-3:00 am here when the concert starts.

I think the setlist will remain the same, except for one song change and maybe the order will be slightly different.

It would be awesome if they played Week End, its one of their best live songs in my opinion, and I personally love that song!

>~X~<