Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Massey Hall, Toronto, Canada - October 7th

Sander · 131579

Offline Viz79

• View Profile
Reply #360 on: October 07, 2010, 04:32:07 AM
Haha and yea I feel your pain about the seat situation, even though I ended up with Row C, seat 29 (centre) teehee.

Awesome! I'm (literally) right in front of you (tomorrow).

~V79~

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: October 07, 2010, 04:36:25 AM
Rows A-H have the best view and the best sound. But to be honest, most seats in Massey Hall are pretty good unless you end up behind one of those large pillar things.

We're in Row H 40-42. :) I'm happy with it.

say anything /// tachikirenai kokoro ni

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Reply #362 on: October 07, 2010, 04:57:01 AM
I also have a friend who will be joining us, he decided to come at the last minute haha :D

He just so decided to come at the last minute? :O He should've planned this for months like the rest of us here. :D

~V79~

Yeah no kidding! But hey, it's one more person at the show :)

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline blue_roses

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: October 07, 2010, 05:30:58 AM
I'm envious of all those people in the front rows! >___<

I'll be there around 7 so hopefully I'll get to see everyone. I'll be the asian girl in the X Japan t shirt and black coat.

Offline DemonIced

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: October 07, 2010, 06:20:10 AM
Hey guys!

I'll be there on the floor seat B44 :) almost in the front. I'm coming all the way from Montreal, Québec! I'll arrive around 5pm will you guys be in the line-up or meet up somewhere else?

I too will have my hide T-shirt along with a Québec flag written "WE ARE X" (please don't throw me rocks  :D ), I'll be representing my province which didn't have the luck of seeing X on this tour. Feel free to talk to me if you meet me on the streets or in the line-up. I'd be in for some sing-along outside the venue. Endless Rain chorus anyone? ;)

Here's my flag :

Offline sukisyo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: October 07, 2010, 07:25:55 AM
DemonIced, that's awesome! Welcome to the forum. I am super jealous of you guys for being on the main floor.

.. Erm, is it dorky to leave something for Yoshiki before the concert? I'm nervous because it's handmade. Err...I've never been to a concert that was not at least kind of classical music (<-- Star Wars live)

Offline ashtrayxx

• Sunday Listener
  • X fan since 2000.
    • View Profile
    • flavors.me
Reply #366 on: October 07, 2010, 10:49:12 AM
DemonIced, I talked to you on facebook:D I'll for sure come see you if I see your flag. On est X? haha

Offline yocchan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: October 07, 2010, 12:29:05 PM
Morning, I drove my car all the way to DT this morning. Anybody who drives a car to get Massey, take extra time to drive,because Dundas Sq will have some event and some intersections are blocked already. Maybe huge traffic around 5pm.

It's today!!!!cannot believe. I just passed by Massey and of cause nobody there yet. But I felt so emotional when I imagined about tonight. Hope Yoshiki will be ok.
I will bring one Blue rose with me. Call me when you see me(^-^)

oha yoshiki

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: October 07, 2010, 12:31:35 PM
haha, today is the day! We are seeing X TONIGHT!! I have to go head off to a 3 hour lecture soon followed by a very important tutoral right after...but then i'll be booking it straight downtown! WE ARE X!

>~X~<

Offline Unoriginal Name X

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: October 07, 2010, 12:35:06 PM
Yyyyes!  :D

Just an hour and a half and Slypher/Adam and I'll be heading to the train station then (after a day doing whatever, ha ha) it shall be X time.

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: October 07, 2010, 12:39:11 PM
For those of you using the ttc/subway system you have 2 options:

1. Get off at Queen Station, and go up Yonge Street. It's about a 3-5 minute walk (very close) and turn right on Shuter St and you will get to Massey Hall.

OR

2. Get off at Dundas Station, and go down Yonge Street and turn on Shuter St to get to Massey Hall.

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: October 07, 2010, 12:46:41 PM
I wanna get X'd sooooo baaaadlllyyy!!!!

You guys are lucky you have floor seats. Ticketmaster sucks.... they stuck me on right centre balcony when there was more than enough seating for 2 people on centre floor :/

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: October 07, 2010, 12:52:26 PM
Yoshiki didnt even mention Toronto you are going to get X next.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 12:55:16 PM by headpower »

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: October 07, 2010, 12:59:56 PM
haha, today is the day! We are seeing X TONIGHT!! I have to go head off to a 3 hour lecture soon followed by a very important tutoral right after...but then i'll be booking it straight downtown! WE ARE X!

I have 6 hour lecture starting at 10am. HAHA

Offline yocchan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #374 on: October 07, 2010, 01:04:44 PM
Yoshiki is still sleeping ? He may twit when he gets Toronto. They must be stil in Chicago. When are they coming to Massey ?
I can run from my office to get there to see them if anybody buzz me when X is arriving.....
I am so desperate to see X

oha yoshiki

Offline HerrAmn

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: October 07, 2010, 02:06:22 PM
Yoshiki just updated his twitter!

"Yoshiki  http://twitpic.com/2vbg8g Toronto, you’re next!!! We are on our way. Can’t wait to see you! Be ready to be Xed!!!!!!! LOVE!!"

Offline DemonIced

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: October 07, 2010, 02:26:49 PM
OMG! The time is getting near! I'm on the bus on my way to Toronto. I'll be there in about 7h...

WE ARE X !!!

Offline liddokun

• View Profile
Reply #377 on: October 07, 2010, 03:51:23 PM
Hi all! I'll be driving down from Ottawa tomorrow afternoon. Like all of you, I'm super excited!

Left (centre) floor, row B! Almost clear view of the stage!!! ;)

~V79~

I'm row B as well!

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: October 07, 2010, 06:44:45 PM
Quick update: those of us who managed to get to Massey Hall for 11:30 signed the cards and were able to pass the gifts to stage door security. He was really nice about it.
The band isn't there yet, but the crew is and so is the equipment.

We do have an X Freaks banner to help identify each other just before the show.
No one camped out there because this venue is completely seated.

That's all for now. :)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: October 07, 2010, 08:24:26 PM
I guess we will have more updates from the Toronto concert than from Chicago one! Many X freaks in Toronto!Have a great time everybody and we will wait for updates and reports!!!

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
Reply #380 on: October 08, 2010, 12:55:48 AM
Vampires Everywhere should just be taking the stage. Arms up X Freaks! Have a night to remember!!!

CharonCaori

Reply #381 on: October 08, 2010, 01:20:33 AM
Woo! Have an awesome time, guys! YOU ARE X! Take care of Yoshiki for us!

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: October 08, 2010, 01:21:51 AM
Have a blast, guys!!

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: October 08, 2010, 03:20:53 AM
set list? i think the show is starting

Ex denxdenx

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: October 08, 2010, 05:12:57 AM
Just got back from the show, Is it me or just my location , the bass/guitar almost always cover TOSHI voice, and at times I can tell the mic fuked up and echoed.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: October 08, 2010, 05:15:52 AM
Just got back from the show, Is it me or just my location , the bass/guitar almost always cover TOSHI voice, and at times I can tell the mic fuked up and echoed.

Must have been your location because everything sounded just fine on our side. Minor squeals but nothing to write home about. Normal on a live show.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline headpower

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #386 on: October 08, 2010, 05:32:19 AM
I was at Left main floor C20, probably has to do with the big speaker rite in front of our side, everytime pata /health plays, I cant hear toshi voice.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: October 08, 2010, 05:48:32 AM
Right side floor K50-54. It was OK on our end. Thomas was just behind us. Will see how he felt about it. :)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Thomas849

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: October 08, 2010, 06:22:09 AM
I ended up moving down with to the isle seat because no one was there. It's was pretty decent. The concert was amazing, same setlist as others which is prefect IMO. I'm pretty sure I came home with half the merch table and ended up finding a shirt on the ground :). Will post vids tomorrow of entire show on my YouTube.   thomas848

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #389 on: October 08, 2010, 06:29:31 AM
Lol the place was just too crowded for a group photo, I think I saw some of you around though, A glimpse of a very beautiful lady with a blue rose <3

And I met with Demoniced in line. And Crimson Idol, who was sitting just in front of me!!

VE received a pretty warm welcome in Toronto, I think they said something along the lines of this being the best reception they've had so far in the tour lol. They were still gay though.

The set list was more or less the same. There was a screw up in the beginning of jade where yoshiki lost his drum sticks or something. Also something up with Toshi during X where something caught in his throat so he couldn't sing for a bit I think. They cut down Endless Rain though, which was a bummer. They started like an hour and a half late lol but it was worth it :D

Even with these flaws it was still amazing...  I just can't put down this concert.

Definite highlight of the concert for me : X
What tremendous energy man... just insane.

Outside of the concert: I MET (well not exactly met) PATA outside the back of the theatre!!!!!!! I asked for a picture but security said they couldn't. Too bad. I was too star stricken to ask for a handshake, I just bowed about a million times like a dork. Still, I was within punching distance (HRRNNNGGHH!) of him! I was in the vicinity where I could smell the smoke from his cigarette!! <3

« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 06:32:22 AM by dilbot »