• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki and Glay meet in L.A.

cherrybeary520x · 2690

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
on: October 22, 2009, 02:52:22 AM
[music] YOSHIKI and GLAY Meet in Los Angeles!
2009-10-21
GLAY / X JAPAN

X JAPAN leader YOSHIKI, GLAY leader TAKURO and vocalist TERU met up with each other in Los Angeles for the first time in 11 years. The artists then revealed some of their most closely kept secrets.

The reunion was part of a project for a TV program called 'SONGS' broadcast by NHK on October 21st. GLAY is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. They decided to look back at their roots by visiting YOSHIKI, who produced the band's debut single 'RAIN'.
Los Angeles was a special place for the three since it was there that they recorded 'RAIN'. All three artists said their meeting each other was a 'miracle'. They were visibly excited and were ready to talk about some topics they've never revealed before. YOSHIKI said "Sometimes it's very hard to be an artist. Even after we had decided to stop performing as X JAPAN, we still couldn't breach our contract so I had to continue editing TOSHI's songs. It nearly drove me crazy." TERU talked about recording 'RAIN'. "Our very first recording in Los Angeles was the most difficult time in our career. I was so nervous I couldn't sing properly...GLAY once nearly broke up too." TAKURO added his own shocking revelation. "When we gradually started to perform independently we may have caused trouble for YOSHIKI-san. We might have offended him. I've always wanted to apologize for that, but I was too afraid to meet him." In the program they also performed 'RAIN' on TV for the first time in 15 years.

Eh.....nothing much really.......

http://www.musicjapanplus.jp/news/?&action=detail&news_id=3293

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 03:13:08 AM
Hm...I'm interested in what Yoshiki said about still having to edit Toshi's songs after X Japan disbanded. Surely it wasn't his healing music so was Yoshiki still working with Toshi's solo music until that point? Hm...I'm interested in what involvement Yoshiki had in Toshi's solo career from the beginning, if any at all......Anyone?

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 05:13:03 AM
No...uh....he means that even though the band had disbanded the contract was still active and they still had to release albums under the name 'X Japan'. He is talking about having to edit the songs for those albums (lives, best ofs etc) and how painful it was for him to still have to hear Toshi's voice in X's songs even though he wasn't with the band anymore.
As far as I can remember he has mentioned that in various interviews again..

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 05:37:18 AM
No...uh....he means that even though the band had disbanded the contract was still active and they still had to release albums under the name 'X Japan'. He is talking about having to edit the songs for those albums (lives, best ofs etc) and how painful it was for him to still have to hear Toshi's voice in X's songs even though he wasn't with the band anymore.
Ah, that makes much more sense now, thanks for clearing that up!

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 10:37:21 AM

Don't forget the last song

Offline cherrybeary520x

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 02:55:07 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH, I understand now........

Offline edyork

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 06:06:54 PM
O, thX for the info!