X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Recent Posts

Thank god
Yoshiki said there will be a press conference in the coming days.
I wonder if it will be about the “Yes, KAWAII Is Art -Exhibition at the JAPAN HOUSE in LA

https://www.japanhousela.com/news/us-debut-of-yoshiki-sanrio-yoshikitty-hello-kitty-dolls-at-yes-kawaii-is-art/
hide / Re: Hide, alcoholism and attitudes
« Last post by twinkletwilightstars on May 13, 2024, 11:24:36 AM »
It wasn't really asserting more of an observation. hide was a hell of a lot more functional than Amy Winehouse as he was still performing and active but he definitely had his demons and I just noted a few similarities. He was very obsessed with not getting fat again and doing some reading based off a source on his Japanese wiki he was skipping meals from when he was a teenager. He seemed to find an escape with the drinking too.

Agreed about the video from 1998 and I would hope he would have calmed down as time went on but he did seem to have a very addictive personality in general where he was also smoking multiple packets of cigarettes a day and his lungs were in pain but it wasn't enough for him to want to stop. So I'm not sure.

I was quite shocked by his final interview where he talks about fracturing his skull and heel and when he went to the doctors about his skull at first he wasn't taken seriously as he smelt of alcohol and then ended up hospitalized! I'm quite surprised that didn't spark him to reevaluate his relationship with alcohol.

With Hiroshi it was more about after hide's death rather than in life. In fairness I think he did have to put up with a lot with hide in life especially after reading some of the translations of his book.
hide / Re: Hide, alcoholism and attitudes
« Last post by Beauty/Broken on May 13, 2024, 07:00:42 AM »
I think I understand where you are coming from on the inappropriateness of launching a promotional beer when alcohol played a role in his death, but there's a few things that you've asserted which I think are a bit unfair.

Amy Winehouse struggled hugely with substance abuse and had a much more complex series of demons.

Hide struggled with body dysmorphia but never starved himself down to an unhealthy weight. Amy's anorexia was so severe it contributed largely to her death.

Hide's relationship with alcohol wasn't healthy and got him into plenty of scrapes. You only need to watch the behind the scenes videos recorded on Melrose Avenue in early 1998 where he orders and downs a pitcher of beer early in the day to know he wasn't exactly a light drinker. With that said, I think the 'rock star' lifestyle of excess is more of what we are seeing there, rather than someone who is so hopelessly, uncontrollably ridden with addiction that they cannot function at all. Had Hide lived longer, maybe he would have curbed his bad habits like the other members of X (barring Pata, perhaps) managed to.

I don't think it's fair to paint Hiroshi as an exploitative influence in Hide's life. He worked for his brother and did a dedicated job. How he has managed Hide's brand in the 25 years after his death is up for debate, but while Hide was alive there is no record of Hiroshi doing anything wrong.
hide / Hide, alcoholism and attitudes
« Last post by twinkletwilightstars on May 12, 2024, 05:13:05 PM »
With it being May, I was reflecting on our favourite pink spider and his legacy.

I got thinking especially as a beer was promoted for his 60th birthday celebration (https://www.tokyohive.com/article/2023/12/hides-60th-birthday-celebrated-with-born-in-yokosuka-craft-beer-collaboration) that clearly hide struggled with alcohol in his life, had an eating disorder and mental health issues and alcohol even played a part in his death. It just makes me wonder why they wouldn't promote alcohol awareness in his memory of him rather than do things like this.

Looking at hide's story I actually drew quite a few parallels between him and Amy Winehouse (both had influential grandmothers, played guitar, suffered with alcoholism, eating disorders (specially bulimia), both had an ironic song - Rehab and Drink or Die, alcohol played a role in both their deaths, both struggled with fame, both wanted normal lives and families, both have specific relatives that have been accused of being exploitative with Amy's dad and hide's brother, both were known for their iconic hair and style). Since Amy's passing her parents set up the Amy Winehouse Foundation to help young people with alcohol misuse and mental health while hide has a beer coming out lol.

I guess I just find it kind of interesting that there's very different approaches here. I wonder if it's a cultural thing and hide's issues were more brushed under the carpet? Just something I was thinking about!
Yoshiki / Re: Yoshiki collapsed again
« Last post by Tahemet on May 10, 2024, 09:16:27 AM »
He finally posted something about his condition:

https://www.facebook.com/reel/1291107288469819
I’m shooting right now, first time since I was hospitalized. Sorry for being absent. The doctors diagnosed me with “general malaise and sleep disorders” due to excessive fatigue and stress.
I’ll try to go back to work slowly.
Btw, I have something to tell you, so I’m supposed to hold a press conference next week.
And today I’ll go to somewhere important after this.
Thank you so much for all your love and support.
Yoshiki / Re: Yoshiki collapsed again
« Last post by Tahemet on May 02, 2024, 06:46:15 AM »
the complete and utter silence concerns me, nothing, no news at all.
I hope he is OK
hide / Re: A request to those who visit hide’s grave
« Last post by Kasumi on May 01, 2024, 07:00:03 AM »
It's kinda sad that you have to set these kind of rules. It should be something you don't have to explain. People should respect the parents privacy without being told to do so...  :(
hide / Re: A request to those who visit hide’s grave
« Last post by YoshToshBGosh on April 30, 2024, 12:51:15 AM »
A reasonable request. It's good to know that so many people still visit Hides grave.
hide / A request to those who visit hide’s grave
« Last post by Tahemet on April 29, 2024, 09:16:04 AM »
Please be respectful!

Hide offical posted this today:
https://twitter.com/hideofficial_20/status/1784837066519642120

[A request to those who visit hide’s grave]

First, we’d like to thank the many people who visit hide's grave each and every day.
Thank you very much for coming.

Recently we have had more and more visitors who bring flowers and offerings (food, beverages, cigarettes, etc.).
Unfortunately we have had to deal with many cases of broken bottles, burst cans, damaged incense burners etc.

As members of hide’s family, we would like to ask for your cooperation in this matter.
We would also like to thank you all for coming from all over to visit. We appreciate your kindness.

We are sure that your feelings reach hide.

We request that you no longer bring flowers or offerings when you visit. Instead, please come with empty hands to place together in prayer.

Please follow the rules so that everyone can visit the cemetery safely and comfortably.
We ask for your understanding and cooperation.

<Please abide by the following rules >

•Please be aware that many visitors come to this grave so refrain from bringing offerings (such as flowers) or gifts (beverages/other items).

•Please refrain from pouring alcohol, water, etc. on the gravestones, as it will discolor them.

•Due to the influx of visitors, burning incense and tobacco as an offering is also prohibited as it may damage the cinerary burner. (Consistent heat causes the damage)

•Please refrain from talking loudly in front of the grave, as it may disturb the other people in the cemetery.

[Please refrain from visiting the home of hide's parents.]

First of all, thank you very much to everyone who visits hide's grave.

We have seen an increase in the number of people who visit the gravesite also visiting hide’s parents home.
Please DO NOT visit hide’s parents' house.

We are very happy that you support hide, but we would like to ask you to please refrain from visiting his family home.

hide’s parents are elderly, and as much as they appreciate it, it is also a great burden for them to greet and entertain every fan that comes to visit.

In addition, hide's parent’s home is a private residence, not a regular visitation place.
An increase in traffic could become a nuisance to the neighbors.

We are sure that everyone's thoughts and feelings for hide will reach him, no matter where you are.

We sincerely ask for the understanding and cooperation of each and every one of you so that hide's beloved relatives can live each day in peace.

hide official management office
HEADWAX ORGANIZATION CO.,LTD.