New song?

MIHO · 9752

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: August 29, 2009, 06:05:10 PM
http://community.livejournal.com/xjapan/308102.html?view=2492550#t2492550

it seems that Yoshiki said:

"Some shows are postponed but we are still being active now. We recorded the other day and made a new song. We want to release a new album and restart a tour as soon as possible. I'll work harder for my rehabilitation and we want to be the band which gives dreams to everyone."

I don't know how reliable that source is, but if it's true, it's very interesting, no?  ;D

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 06:25:35 PM
Very interesting indeed, although that seems like a very short space of time to write and record a whole new song. But if its true, heres hoping it sounds a little different from IV & Jade! (not that I don't like those songs  :P )

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 06:28:56 PM
Hmm...I saw that too in the japanese article.
I guess it's quite reliable then?
It is definitely interesting... :D

Also, replying to your lj comment, you are the only one who thought it's interesting because the others are too busy crying for him.....:D

(And that's not to say that I'm not worrying about him just as much, but I think the crying fest in lj is getting a tiny little bit um...ridiculous.)

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 06:39:24 PM
Yoshiki wrote I.V. on a very short time too, so I guess it's possible!
And YES, please, something different. Yoshiki keeps on repeating himself.

Also, replying to your lj comment, you are the only one who thought it's interesting because the others are too busy crying for him.....:D

(And that's not to say that I'm not worrying about him just as much, but I think the crying fest in lj is getting a tiny little bit um...ridiculous.)

and hilarious XD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 07:39:30 PM
Maybe Sugizo will get some input now (although that's probably too much to hope for)

I hope that will happen! :)
Heath had some input in DAHLIA too! (well only in Wriggle but it's something)

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 09:11:16 PM
Yey, more songs!

They should just swallow their laziness and make a full album full of new material. Screw this 'best of' shit.

shane140

Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 09:18:33 PM
the more new songs, the better! can't wait!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 09:26:59 PM
They should just swallow their laziness and make a full album full of new material. Screw this 'best of' shit.

X Japan has more "best of" albums than regular albums.  ::)
So I completely agree with you on this one.

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 11:12:55 PM
More new songs? Let's hope that they're better than Jade. I think I.V. definitely had hooks and a really good chorus. Jade on the other hand was a pile of doodoo that's like the ugly baby of a bad nu metal song and a ballad... I still hope Yoshiki has it in him to write stuff like Blue Blood and Kurenai.

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 12:25:58 AM
More new songs? Let's hope that they're better than Jade. I think I.V. definitely had hooks and a really good chorus. Jade on the other hand was a pile of doodoo that's like the ugly baby of a bad nu metal song and a ballad... I still hope Yoshiki has it in him to write stuff like Blue Blood and Kurenai.

I'm sorry, I just had the sudden urge to repeat for the millionth time that I fucking love Jade.......<3 <3 <3
(Definitely more than blue Blood as long as we are talking about the song and not the album....)

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 05:40:19 AM
lol, its funny, u guys said that, jade similiar to i.v, and then said that yoshiki getting repetitive and no creativity. and then now u guys want more stuff like blue blood and kurenai?its the same thing if he make a new song like kurenai of blue blood, u guys will say that yoshiki getting repetitiv again, lol.

i want new happy songs from X

Ex denxdenx

Offline xjokerx

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 07:38:36 AM
lol,I hope it isn't just an empty promise again,Yoshiki often gets excited at first and likes to create hypes,hehehe.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 30, 2009, 09:02:27 AM
actually, i want toshi sing amethyst and foreign sand. hope yoshiki let toshi sing amethyst and foreign sand

Ex denxdenx

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #13 on: August 30, 2009, 10:12:32 AM
i want new "happy" songs from X

fixed XP

PARTY HARD

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 30, 2009, 10:44:34 AM
actually, i want toshi sing amethyst and foreign sand. hope yoshiki let toshi sing amethyst and foreign sand

Hmmm.....Foreign Sand maybe but Amethyst?.....at first I was against the idea of Amethyst with vocals but got used to the idea......but I have to say that the song suits a females voice way better than a males.....just my opinion....

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 30, 2009, 12:18:34 PM

If Toshi ever sung Amethyst I think I's drop dead from overexcitement.
I'm not necessarily sure if it would sound better with his voice than it sounds with the female vocals in Violet UK but for certain emotional reasons....I'd drop dead.

Anyway, what I wanted to say is that,....I never minded people being repeatative if they were repeating something I like. But that's probably just me....XD

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 01:39:08 PM
lol, its funny, u guys said that, jade similiar to i.v, and then said that yoshiki getting repetitive and no creativity. and then now u guys want more stuff like blue blood and kurenai?its the same thing if he make a new song like kurenai of blue blood, u guys will say that yoshiki getting repetitiv again, lol.

The songs on Vanishing Vision, Blue Blood and Jealousy had a certain diversity. Accoustic songs, heavy songs, ballads.
That has evolved to all semi-rock songs with a nice chorus, and a lot of ballads. THAT's what's annoying me.
I don't want to start the Taiji discussion again, but I do think that he had a lot of good influence in the music. Toshi, too.
Now it's always Yoshiki writing the songs. That's pretty stupid, since the other guys have already proved in the past they can write kickass songs too.

That's what's bothering me. ::)

Offline obi325

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 08:33:49 PM
I belive the song will be different that I.V. and Jade, Yoshiki did go throug surgery, and that can give you a lot of inspiration.

And about Taiji I too belive that he had great influence, but I think that was mostly becouse he would tell anything on his mind (atleast I have that inpresion of him) other members are, well, hide is death, Pata sims OK as long as he can play, Heath is too much of a good boy and Toshi, well he could do something.

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 11:35:59 PM
More X, less Japan ;)

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 31, 2009, 01:50:20 AM
I hope they do a new ROCK song. Jade is just a ballad.
And I want to see something new from X JAPAN. The alive X JAPAN. Yoshiki, Toshi, Heath, Pata and Sugizo. The fucking band.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 04:02:12 AM
more happy song like celebration, enough sad songs. also the song in english

Ex denxdenx

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 10:31:27 AM
more happy song like celebration, enough sad songs. also the song in english

lololol i'm very sorry but if you really want something like Celebration you will have to to teach X Japan how to connect with the other side...XD

and btw just to let you know, i love Celebration and those that sound like itl i'm honestly not being ironic here :)

PARTY HARD

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 31, 2009, 01:45:02 PM

The songs on Vanishing Vision, Blue Blood and Jealousy had a certain diversity. Accoustic songs, heavy songs, ballads.
That has evolved to all semi-rock songs with a nice chorus, and a lot of ballads. THAT's what's annoying me.
I don't want to start the Taiji discussion again, but I do think that he had a lot of good influence in the music. Toshi, too.
Now it's always Yoshiki writing the songs. That's pretty stupid, since the other guys have already proved in the past they can write kickass songs too.

I'm not even bothered by the lack of diversity, what's bothering me is the lack of maturity and ambition in Yoshikis composing. Listen to the guitar riff in Jade, I wouldn't be surprised if a 15 year-old Timmy from Miami, been playing guitar for almost two years now, would say "Sounds a lot like the first guitar riff I ever wrote!". The choruses sound good yeah, but the chord progressions have been used over and over and over again, even by Yoshiki himself. Where are the cool key changes of Blue Blood? The neat little guitar riffs and tricks like in I'll Kill You, Kurenai etc.? Where is the ambition of Rose of Pain and Art of Life? Sure you can compose a good song by simple little tricks, but I'd like to see some ambition Yoshiki.

Mod color o' mine

shane140

Reply #23 on: August 31, 2009, 02:24:14 PM
Hurley, i completely agree with you.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 31, 2009, 02:37:47 PM
^ thirded.
Such a talented man... such unsatisfying songs... :/

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #25 on: August 31, 2009, 04:29:26 PM
I guess sometimes it's up to a person's taste guys :/

PARTY HARD

Offline Lucs

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xploson
Reply #26 on: August 31, 2009, 05:13:56 PM

Agrees. It's just a matter of taste in my opinion. And I think it tastes good !

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 31, 2009, 05:38:28 PM

I'm not even bothered by the lack of diversity, what's bothering me is the lack of maturity and ambition in Yoshikis composing. Listen to the guitar riff in Jade, I wouldn't be surprised if a 15 year-old Timmy from Miami, been playing guitar for almost two years now, would say "Sounds a lot like the first guitar riff I ever wrote!".

That's what I said in another thread, the riff sounds like its trying to be heavy rather then just naturally feeling like a heavy metal riff, you can just feel it in Jade's riff that its just going "dun dun DUN DUN" to try and sound heavy, it doesn't sound right, and just the guitars' sound on its own sounds generic to me.

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: August 31, 2009, 06:04:15 PM

Agrees. It's just a matter of taste in my opinion. And I think it tastes good !

That's probably true. And I like the harder stuff, so that's my opinion... No offence to the people who do like JADE :)

Offline dilbot

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 02:19:12 PM
I'm worried at how fast Yoshiki is making these songs. How long has Yoshiki been working on this "best" album? Hopefully he isn't scrambling to make "X" many new songs to fulfill some sort of contract agreement.