Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan World Tour @ Wiltern Theatre, Los Angeles, CA - September 25th

Sander · 62578

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
The show was amazing.  Being in the pit was one of the best experiences of my life.

The venue was packed, I was really impressed that it sold as well as it did.  Being in line for about 10 hours was fun as hell, too. =D

If the tour continues the way it's been going, I have no doubt this will not be the last tour they do here in the states.

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
People who were there: what about Vampires Everywhere and their fans?

Vampires Everywhere was... Not... Good... At all.

Offline GoskinsVT

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I LOVE THAT SETLIST OMG! I can't wait for Massey Hall :D :D :D

Any reports on merchandise?

They were selling stuff, but it was all quite plain.

Also, they were selling Yoshikitties for around $100 a pop. No Joke.
Yoshikitties for $100? What bargain, I'm gotta get 5!
Another thing I'd like to point out is that there was X Japan management notices all over the venue saying that the show was going to be filmed for later re-broadcast, so it's possible it's gonna appear on WOWOW at somepoint, either on it's own or as some part of a special X Japan North American tour digest or something (it's unlikely they'd screen 7 concerts, unless this is the only one they've decided to film).

Really? Maybe a new live DVD? It'd be a great thing to release alongside the new album :)

It may be similar to the last VAMPS DVD where they toured North America. It showed parts of all of the shows, then kind of behind the scenes with the band as they traveled, culminating with a full show at the end.

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Vampires Everywhere was... Not... Good... At all.

Can you tell more about it?
How were their fans and how were the X Japan fans during V.E.?
And did the V.E. fans liked the X concert?
I am wondering if X made new fans.

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
I dunno, I didn't really see any VE fans, to be honest. o_o

Vampires Everywhere was getting booed and heckled, from what I heard.  I was at the merch booth, I couldn't stand listening to them anymore than I had to, to be frank.

I'm worried that X fans were a bit too harsh to VE, if there were any strictly VE fans there, to make any new friends for the band.  It also didn't help that the time between X and VE was, like, 45 minutes or somethin' crazy like that.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
How did VE take the booing? I've seen some opening bands get visibly upset in the past about it, while others enjoyed it and continued to piss off the crowd lol.

Who do you trust when everyone's a crook?

Offline ForeverFades

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
How did VE take the booing? I've seen some opening bands get visibly upset in the past about it, while others enjoyed it and continued to piss off the crowd lol.

Well... Heh... I made a sign that said "I wish it was Vampires NOWHERE" and my buddy held it up on the second tier.. Apparently, the singer pointed at him and did the whole "Come hither" finger action, provoking my friend.

At the end of their set, he just yanked the cord out of his mic and left the stage.  The drummer approached the audience and gave some thanks to a few fans and walked off.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike that band a whole bunch- mostly the vocalist, everything else isn't that bad, it's just that he's abysmal- but I kinda felt bad.  Not that bad though.. =P

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile

Well... Heh... I made a sign that said "I wish it was Vampires NOWHERE" and my buddy held it up on the second tier.. Apparently, the singer pointed at him and did the whole "Come hither" finger action, provoking my friend.

At the end of their set, he just yanked the cord out of his mic and left the stage.  The drummer approached the audience and gave some thanks to a few fans and walked off.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike that band a whole bunch- mostly the vocalist, everything else isn't that bad, it's just that he's abysmal- but I kinda felt bad.  Not that bad though.. =P

How unproffessional of them. I mean, yeah, it's never nice to be an opener who no-one wants there, but at the end of the day if he decides to confront audience members and act so immaturely he's just asking for it.

If it's clear that he reacts to it, other X fans who want to rile him up are going to thrive off it.

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Wow, what a first night for them! Seeing that this is only a 7 show run, they'll probably suck it up. If this was a full tour though, I wouldn't have been surprised if they dropped off at some point.

Offline Silvia

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Gallery in LA weekly: http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/x-japan-the-wiltern-31264766
And fans with YOSHIKI: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Tsurara/X%20JAPAN%20%20SEPT%2025%202010/?action=view&current=100_1822.jpg

I hope people will be respectful to the opening band in the remaining concerts U_u

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Love those pics! :)

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Gallery in LA weekly: http://www.laweekly.com/slideshow/x-japan-the-wiltern-31264766
And fans with YOSHIKI: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Tsurara/X%20JAPAN%20%20SEPT%2025%202010/?action=view&current=100_1822.jpg

I hope people will be respectful to the opening band in the remaining concerts U_u

I'm sure they won't be hated too much when they come to Canada. Many of the concerts i've attended here in Canada, when an opening act plays their set, they don't seem to get hated or anything, we just seem to stand around doing absolutely nothing at all. I'm dead serious. We just stand or sit and just watch without enthusiasm of any type, usually an applause or two comes out after a song, but thats it. Its pretty funny.

>~X~<

Offline TheCrimsonIdol

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm

I'm sure they won't be hated too much when they come to Canada. Many of the concerts i've attended here in Canada, when an opening act plays their set, they don't seem to get hated or anything, we just seem to stand around doing absolutely nothing at all. I'm dead serious. We just stand or sit and just watch without enthusiasm of any type, usually an applause or two comes out after a song, but thats it. Its pretty funny.

This is true! I remember when Bullet For my Valentine opened for Iron Maiden in 2006, reviews of the shows said that people were shouting insults at them, throwing things etc. But when the tour came to Toronto, nobody did a damn thing, we all just looked at them like they had 3 heads or something.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile

This is true! I remember when Bullet For my Valentine opened for Iron Maiden in 2006, reviews of the shows said that people were shouting insults at them, throwing things etc. But when the tour came to Toronto, nobody did a damn thing, we all just looked at them like they had 3 heads or something.

Yup, thats Canada for ya, lol. If we don't like something, we're just going to stand around and tolerate it.

>~X~<

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Art of Life (not complete)

Question, for people who went, was it the whole song, or did it start at the piano solo?

Offline darthchilli

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Vancouver's population consists of ALOT of japanese. As far as i know, the show is SOLD OUT already

Offline Faestian

• Sunday Listener
  • wants a hide Signature Fernandes guitar
    • View Profile
    • Fae's Corner
LOL @ Bandon. It's true. When Apocalyptica played the Vogue (a TERRIBLE venue for metal btw) my son and I were actually asked to 'tone down the rowdiness'. We were doing what most people do at a metal concert;  yelling; jumping; singing along and holding 'horns up'. My son laughed and asked them if they were sure they were in the right concert. "After all, cellos and all, you sure you weren't expecting Yo Yo Ma clones?" We laughed and continued to go wild with a large, but not large enough, portion of the audience. Miyavi's concert at the Commodore was an entirely different experience however. HE complained with jocularity to US that he couldn't hear his guitar on his video playback after the concert, so we will see. Vancouver is a city of 2nd and 3rd generation as well as immigrant Asians. Japanese students come here to go to school and  every Japanese Canadian I know in is attending X Japan, so something tells me this won't be a quiet or impolite concert. I will post a report here: http://katemiotto.typepad.com/blog/ either way.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:05:59 PM by Faestian »

Offline MiXu

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Art of life sounds awesome! But it's strange how they've now taken the pictures of hide off but kept the playbacks.. that's seriously pretty odd.

CharonCaori

I think he says:

LA!

Let's rock the fuck out!

When you gonna do it?

Just do it guys! Come on, just do it!

(something in Japanese)

Just do it!
X Japan's NA tour! Sponsored by Nike! Just do it!

I think X Japan's NYC show will sell really well too. It's at the end of a pretty big anime/comic convention and is being advertised on their website, so a lot of fangirls will be in the area already. I guess we'll see.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Rusty Nail, better quality

Jade, better quality, and whoa, listen to Toshi at 2:52, if there's a dvd released I hope his voice comes out as it did there.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:54:19 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Noise

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Maybe the lack of hide pictures is because of this legal situation with Headwax...?

Overall it seemed like the venue was pretty well attended. Hopefully the tour will continue to be successfull for them!

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Maybe the lack of hide pictures is because of this legal situation with Headwax...?

Overall it seemed like the venue was pretty well attended. Hopefully the tour will continue to be successfull for them!

If I recall correctly, I remember reading a thread on this forum saying the case of Yoshiki vs. Headwax was thrown out of court. But still...did they at least use hide's image for the beginning of Kurenai?

>~X~<

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Here you go guys....Drain.......oh...oh how I've always wanted to see this song.....

Offline sai

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Am I the only person who noticed that Pata and Heath are kind of... just playing and Sugizo looks like he's trying to screw the stage?

CharonCaori

Am I the only person who noticed that Pata and Heath are kind of... just playing and Sugizo looks like he's trying to screw the stage?

Isn't that how they always are? Haha!

If I recall correctly, I remember reading a thread on this forum saying the case of Yoshiki vs. Headwax was thrown out of court. But still...did they at least use hide's image for the beginning of Kurenai?

I think they're using violin+piano for the kurenai intro, so it wouldn't make much sense to put him there. But I was thinking they'd at least use him for the "tobe tobe tobe" X jump part...

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
has anyone posted any pictures of the available merchandise yet? i want to see the shirts and hoodie.

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
has anyone posted any pictures of the available merchandise yet? i want to see the shirts and hoodie.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/Tsurara/X%20JAPAN%20%20SEPT%2025%202010/100_1715.jpg

>~X~<

Offline LunaSlave

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
wow...$100 Yoshikitty....that's INSANE. wonder what the 14 year old Chinese girl or whoever made it was paid... :P

Offline Brandon

• Fan
    • View Profile
Haha, well while there appears to be no hide images or video at the concert, he stills gets his usual "On guitar, hide!" in the middle of "X".

"X" HD from last night.

>~X~<

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Thanks Ulquiorra!
Those fanvideo's are really good quality!
The concert is full of energy.

But when the tour came to Toronto, nobody did a damn thing, we all just looked at them like they had 3 heads or something.
This sounds so familiar to me! I guess in Belgium we would have the same reaction  :D