• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki Foundation Party ~ 01.07.10

mC · 22473

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 09, 2010, 12:16:06 PM
When I first became a fan I'd never, ever envisage them re-forming. The fact that they did was amazing enough, getting to see them at Tokyo Dome was another dream come true - so I guess I should simply be thankful that I've managed to get the chance to witness them live firsthand, something I thought would never be possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release an album until next year. But I think we can probably expect Jade to be released not too far before or after Lolla'

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 09, 2010, 02:04:10 PM
they have left Kurenai on the new album in Japanese

Wait, what!?!

Edit: Okay I found the recent article on the conference from xplosion-online.com, and they listed the songs as "A full album is scheduled to be released autumn this year, including well known songs like "Art of Life", "Tears"(in English), "Rusty Nail" (in English), and "Kurenai"." And they didn't include the word english at the end of Kurenai like the others. But is that where you're getting that idea from? Because that could just be a mistake by them in the write-up. Or do you have a more credible source?

The fact that they've not changed the name to Deep Red or something is a bit suspicious though.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 02:17:03 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 09, 2010, 05:18:00 PM
they have left Kurenai on the new album in Japanese

Wait, what!?!

Edit: Okay I found the recent article on the conference from xplosion-online.com, and they listed the songs as "A full album is scheduled to be released autumn this year, including well known songs like "Art of Life", "Tears"(in English), "Rusty Nail" (in English), and "Kurenai"." And they didn't include the word english at the end of Kurenai like the others. But is that where you're getting that idea from? Because that could just be a mistake by them in the write-up. Or do you have a more credible source?

The fact that they've not changed the name to Deep Red or something is a bit suspicious though.

I think even if they changed the lyrics to English they'd still call it Kurenai, especially considering that the main lyric of the chorus is "Kurenai!". They have Japanese lyrics in Jade, I don't think they're ever going to entirely drop their Japanese background, it's part of their identity - afterall, they're called 'X Japan'.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #93 on: July 09, 2010, 09:32:38 PM
Helloooo, Xplo Staff speaking here. xD

About Kurenai, as far as I heard from our japanese speakers, they didn't seem very sure about wether it was in english or japanese aswell *drop* Yeah, X being chaotic as always... seems they told that the chorus of the song will stay japanese though. But please don't quote me on that, none of them is online right now to check it again...

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 09, 2010, 11:06:36 PM
^ I first got the impression that Kurenai was being kept in Japanese from Xplosion but then I read somewhere else that said it was being kept in Japanese for some specific reason...lets see...ah, I can't seem to find it...maybe I misinterpreted it but I am sure that's what it meant...

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 09, 2010, 11:28:02 PM
Bit silly to keep it in Japanese imo but we'll have to wait and see.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: July 10, 2010, 07:12:30 AM
I actually think it would be quite nice to have at least one song that is fully in Japanese, after all, that is their primary language. (As a side note, I think it is really beautiful in Jade when Toshi sings the last bit in Japanese, contrasts really well with English...)

shane140

Reply #97 on: July 10, 2010, 02:14:58 PM
Don't know if this was posted, Stan Lee talking about a theatrical production where Yoshiki will compose the music.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 02:18:23 PM by shane140 »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: August 06, 2010, 12:22:36 AM
This is a video that was shown at the party, talking about how the Yoshiki foundation started, lots of interesting info shown, I didn't know about the charity contributions X-Japan gave at the 1995 concert.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwXahNhThlU[/youtube]

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #99 on: August 09, 2010, 02:55:58 PM
A review by some random guy who accidentally got to the event - http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/Events/News1/Yoshiki_Foundation_Event__3321.aspx

This is my administrator color.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #100 on: August 22, 2010, 07:25:13 PM

This is my administrator color.

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #101 on: August 22, 2010, 08:22:42 PM
Aren't they a little late with that.....? >_<

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #102 on: August 22, 2010, 09:30:53 PM
Aren't they a little late with that.....? >_<

They always are. I think their X Japan reunion show reviews from 2008 took like 3 months to get done.

Offline Daylan

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #103 on: August 23, 2010, 05:27:51 PM
Well, I guess better than late. Maybe they do have much work to do or something like that. Dunno =I