• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

NEW Live X DVD boxset

Saint(c) · 9883

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 02:14:18 AM
From cdjapan: "their complete live performances released during the band's time on the Sony label"

Am I the only one who's thinking maybe the concert dvds are complete this time?
Ok, maybe that's just a dream...
Otherwise, why don't they add a few cds and call the box "Complete I"?  :P

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 02:20:54 AM
Quote from: "XXX"
From cdjapan: "their complete live performances released during the band's time on the Sony label"

Man, I wish it were that.  But I'm not getting my hopes up, since the titles of the discs are the same as the previous releases...

I hope if any more information comes out about this set, someone will post, just in case.

I also was like :o when I first saw "their complete live performances released during the band's time on the Sony label", but now I think it's just CDJapanglish for "a re-release of all the previous Sony DVDs".

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 04:57:45 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Quote from: "XXX"

Man, I wish it were that.  But I'm not getting my hopes up, since the titles of the discs are the same as the previous releases...

I hope if any more information comes out about this set, someone will post, just in case.

I also was like :o when I first saw "their complete live performances released during the band's time on the Sony label", but now I think it's just CDJapanglish for "a re-release of all the previous Sony DVDs".

I am just assuming that they will be the current Visual Shock DVDs just in a box set with the bonus disc and perhaps different artwork.

Offline sethdix10

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 07:19:20 AM
does amazon sell them? its usually cheaper there/

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 07:39:11 AM
Gah I had to be a millionare to get all of these.  :(

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline BizKiTRoAcH

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 12:22:40 PM
I only have downloaded copies of all these dvds so i'll definately be buying it :D

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 02:16:25 PM
I only have downloaded copies of all these dvds so i'll definately be buying it Very Happy

Lee! My goodness, dead man walking and talking!!  :shock:

Pony rocks!

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 05:50:14 PM
Ok Ok no money for both concert and Limited DVD ZOMFG EXTRA SUPER SPECIAL AWESOMEZ DA VISUALIZM.

I prefer saving my money for Paris

PARTY HARD

Offline alex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 08:39:45 PM
Pathetic. Release some new concert(s) from those old days instead. That's something I would pay for.

No matter the cost.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 10:27:29 PM
Quote from: "alex"
Pathetic. Release some new concert(s) from those old days instead. That's something I would pay for.

No matter the cost.

EXACTLY my point

PARTY HARD

Offline Menacia

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 10:54:56 PM
I've been wondering whether I should post a comment, because I'm not hyped, actually even quite disappointed with this release.
I'd love to see 92 and 89 gig in complete version and I'd definetely buy those, if they ever get release uncut, but this one is simply a ripoff in my humble opinion.
Don't get me wrong. Visual Shock 2 for example has cool live songs from concerts that deserve a complete release.
Visual Shock 3...well, they should release X first Tokyo Dome live in complete original audio version. The live is great.
well..enough said.
I pass on this box and wait for the other boxes instead :P

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #41 on: May 03, 2008, 11:24:04 PM
Quote from: "Yu~Kun"
Quote from: "alex"

No matter the cost.

EXACTLY my point

Yeah, I'd also appreciate some "new" stuff... :|

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #42 on: May 03, 2008, 11:49:38 PM
Well..  all the footage of the Visual Shocks came from full gigs listed on the back... and hopefully (I'd assume so) they have all been recorded.  So maybe one day it will be released. Just hope they do it before I lose interest in X.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #43 on: May 04, 2008, 01:31:01 AM
I'd like to see Dahlia Tour DVDs from 95.12.30/31 :P
I'm sure those two concerts were pretty awesome!!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 04, 2008, 02:14:36 AM
Quote from: "xScQ"
Well..  all the footage of the Visual Shocks came from full gigs listed on the back... and hopefully (I'd assume so) they have all been recorded.  So maybe one day it will be released. Just hope they do it before I lose interest in X.

Well, look at it this way: if it's released after you lose interest in X, you'll save a lot of money? :P

But yeah, personally, the #1 thing I wish X would release is ANY (or, preferably, all) unreleased concert footage from 1987-1992.  I'd even rather have that than a new X Japan album.

And while I wouldn't pay any price in the world-- hey, even I have limits-- I'd be willing to pay a whole lot for it.

Offline XXX

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 04, 2008, 03:04:59 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
the #1 thing I wish X would release is ANY (or, preferably, all) unreleased concert footage from 1987-1992.

Uh? 1982-1992! Ok that was unrealistic thinking, typical for crazy fans like me  :D

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 05, 2008, 03:19:16 PM
bleh... tempting

Got all the VHS (well . most) but no DVD... It might just be me but I don't really feel like buying DVDs now that Blurays are well established.

Give me a re-release remastered in high def with DTS HD MA sound and man ... I would throw the cash at them... X deserves some high end treatment ! ... come on mister Yoshiki perfectionist !

But DVDs... probably not remastered in anyways... for 250 $.... yeah... I don't know.

Offline TG

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • Words
Reply #47 on: May 05, 2008, 03:39:38 PM
This + Dahlia tour complete + Last live complete + 2008 reunion boxset (likely) = empty pockets  :( . I like collecting X Japan stuff but i've spent so much on the other boxsets and CD's.

Pavement ist rad
Last.fm

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 05, 2008, 06:03:08 PM
Quote from: "Astralmind"
Got all the VHS (well . most) but no DVD... It might just be me but I don't really feel like buying DVDs now that Blurays are well established.

That's actually a good point.  I'm not personally planning on buying Blu-ray soon, but I have to say, I'm not really thrilled with the picture quality of the X DVDs I have (but maybe the ones in this box are remastered or better somehow, I don't know), they're a little pixelated at some points.  I've had On the Verge on LD for years and finally bought the DVD version a few months ago... frankly, I think the picture quality on the LDs was a lot better.

It's not that the DVDs are unwatchable or anything, at all, but I was expecting them to be better than the LDs and I didn't think they were.

Offline TiBer0use

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 07, 2008, 08:55:32 PM
Also includes bonus ninth disc with the first ever release of footage from the "X Film Gig - Chi to Bara ni Mamirete" event originally shown at the December 1990 Bay NK Hall "Film Gig" event.
First Press: A2-size poster (expanded version of classic flyer from the time of the band's debut featuring art of the members themselves)

Offline Zwanster

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 07, 2008, 08:56:52 PM
Quote from: "TiBer0use"
Also includes bonus ninth disc with the first ever release of footage from the "X Film Gig - Chi to Bara ni Mamirete" event originally shown at the December 1990 Bay NK Hall "Film Gig" event.
First Press: A2-size poster (expanded version of classic flyer from the time of the band's debut featuring art of the members themselves)

Ooh sounds interesting, more and more interested in getting this now.

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #51 on: May 07, 2008, 09:27:09 PM
And so I ordered it then.. hehe.

Money.. where are you  :cry:

*crawls in box outside*