X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

How long u expect that X Japan will exist after reunion?

denx · 5369

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
another 5 years should be enough for them, considering their age and their music style. and i hope that X will make another history in this era.

Ex denxdenx

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #1 on: May 03, 2008, 06:48:08 AM
"Considering their age and their music style"?  You know, there's some band from England called The Rolling Stones...

No idea how long X Japan will last after their reunion, but honestly, man.  People in their mid-late-40s playing rock music is nothing unusual whatsoever.  I expect we'll see less and less of the really strenuous drumming songs as time goes by, but other than that, there's absolutely no reason why they can't keep going if they want to.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 03, 2008, 06:51:57 AM
I'd say they should last as long as they want to last, and in the end the decision is up to all of them.

EDITED FOR RUMOR. Please don't ban me.

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #3 on: May 03, 2008, 08:46:46 AM
** quote dissolved due to tremendous effect of amnesia powder **

You won't mind if I don't, though.  :D

Pony rocks!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 03, 2008, 09:18:06 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
EDITED FOR RUMOR.

You just committed forum-suicide.

RIP

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 09:27:27 AM
Quote from: "ferret"
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
I'd say they should last as long as they want to last, and in the end the decision is up to all of them.

You just committed forum-suicide.

I'm sorry, I'll edit the post. I don't want to be banned.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 09:36:54 AM
Haha, I wouldn't (this is not even one of my subforums), but many people here find rumours to be a very touchy subject.

RIP

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 09:51:39 AM
Quote from: "ferret"
Haha, I wouldn't (this is not even one of my subforums), but many people here find rumours to be a very touchy subject.

*nods* So you edited it from your post, I edited it from mine, and hopefully by tomorrow no one knows it ever happened. *sprinkles forum amnesia powder*

Thank you ^_^

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 03, 2008, 11:05:37 AM
oh mean, i hate having no idea of what's going on XDD

hmm... how long will they go on?

I guess it all depends on their new songs and how successful they'll be. If they find the spirit again to write songs and be a complete and working band again, i guess they could go on until they just CAN'T anymore  :P

Hollywood's right about Yoshiki's physical shape. I mean it looks pretty bad if you look at the mobile messages in the Yoshiki forums (but I always thought he's basically overdoing that). Anyway if it's really as bad as he describes it to be, he might have to stop the drumming and well...

maybe they'll get another drummer and yoshiki only plays piano?  8)

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 03, 2008, 11:12:50 AM
i want X stop when X in their peak moment, not when they cant do it anymore. X disbandment 10 years ago, it was their peak time and people will remember them as a legend.

ehmm, yoshi only playing piano? lol. cant imagine that one. i think pata should take over hide part, and toshi being 2nd guitarist and vocalist.

Ex denxdenx

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 03, 2008, 11:15:23 AM
Quote from: "denxdenx"

ehmm, yoshi only playing piano? lol. cant imagine that one. i think pata should take over hide part, and toshi being 2nd guitarist and vocalist.

didn't Yoshiki give up the drumming for a long long while after hide's death?

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 03, 2008, 11:49:55 AM
What did Miscast say?

i wont get mad. im just nosy. Someone PM me

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #12 on: May 03, 2008, 11:50:27 AM
Nice! One starts feeling so free and unconcerned here! What a lovable atmosphere!

How long? Hm, actually I think it's hard to tell. Somehow I expect a surprise...

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 03, 2008, 12:58:18 PM
Personally I prefer not to think of that, I'd rather not even see this topic started. It's just like asking 'when will I die?', a bit of a bad thing to think of.

For now, I'm just extremely content that they're reunited again, that they all seem happy and creative, as they always did.

In case it's a prediction what you want, then I suppose they will still be okay to perfrom for the next years, considering they're still in their early 40s. Yoshiki probably will have problems with drumming but still, I think that won't be enough to spare him from the stage.

Let's hope it lasts 'forever', that's just what I wish. I wouldn't like to see them giving it an end like they did 10 years ago.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Edside

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 03, 2008, 01:56:19 PM
Heath and Pata could still go on for a long time, but I don't imagine Toshi and  Yoshiki at his 60 playing at the speed of X. I mean, Yoshiki because of his back problems and age, and Toshi, well, with age all the singers loose register, it's a natural process. I don't know really, just speculating. As long as they have energy...

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 05:34:51 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"

Hollywood's right about Yoshiki's physical shape. I mean it looks pretty bad if you look at the mobile messages in the Yoshiki forums (but I always thought he's basically overdoing that). Anyway if it's really as bad as he describes it to be, he might have to stop the drumming and well...

maybe they'll get another drummer and yoshiki only plays piano?  8)

Or Yoshiki should get a drum coach and learn how to play drums without breaking himself, it is possible you know ;P

Mod color o' mine

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 05:49:13 PM
Quote from: "denxdenx"
i want X stop when X in their peak moment, not when they cant do it anymore. X disbandment 10 years ago, it was their peak time and people will remember them as a legend.

That's a cool idea about Toshi, I hadn't thought of that before.

And I also have a little trouble imagining X with anyone other than Yoshiki drumming.  Someone else drumming is just too far from X for me.

I get what you're saying about them stopping at their peak moment, too-- though I'd say their peak moment for stopping was even before their actual disbandment.  To me, the natural break came after Art of Life, when they all went off to pursue their solo stuff anyway.  Art of Life was such a "magnum opus" and summation of everything the band was about... that would have been a very, very strong last song.  It's not that I'm not happy to see them back-- I truly am, but yeah.  If we're to speak of when would have been the most effective stopping point...

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 06:04:40 PM
X Japan already started to become a ton more conservative. Yoshiki gets a lot of rests, a lot of of concert times were made without Yoshiki drumming.

The idea of Toshi being a guitarist of the band isn't too far away from reality, seeing he played (acoustic) guitar all 3 nights in march.

The way they played Forever Love at march 30, that feels like an "oldies" band resurrecting, but more sober.

However they still got the madness to rock hard for some years. So they should go for it.

I want to see the announcement for "ekkusu shin menbaa, SUGIZO!" and feel the band going forward, not just release some golden albums and that.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 06:17:33 PM
Quote from: "radicalblues"
X Japan already started to become a ton more conservative. Yoshiki gets a lot of rests, a lot of of concert times were made without Yoshiki drumming.

The idea of Toshi being a guitarist of the band isn't too far away from reality, seeing he played (acoustic) guitar all 3 nights in march.

The way they played Forever Love at march 30, that feels like an "oldies" band resurrecting, but more sober.

However they still got the madness to rock hard for some years. So they should go for it.

I want to see the announcement for "ekkusu shin menbaa, SUGIZO!" and feel the band going forward, not just release some golden albums and that.

Agreed except I want to see the announcement for Miyavi rather than Sugizo. . . I know it seems almost impossible for Myv to be anything but a guest guitarist now (if even that) but. . . I still want that. He'd be truly wonderful.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 06:22:49 PM
Does every thread really need to get hijacked into a Miyavi-fest? :P

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 06:30:48 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Does every thread really need to get hijacked into a Miyavi-fest? :P

:P Sorry, I just love the guy and think he deserves a chance. . . :oops:

Offline DoubleD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
    • jrockuploads4u
Reply #21 on: May 05, 2008, 06:42:19 PM
I hope they will be here long enough to bring much greatness. Yes even more then they already have ^^.
Oh and I wouldn't mind if Sugizo joined X :P

ho are we?! X !

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 08:19:43 PM
It's ok you like Miyavi, but I don't see possibilities of him as a guest, he's just not good enough, or doesn't fit the style. As a member it's laughable.

On topic, Toshi has said that he was looking forward on working with X for the next YEARS, so you can expect some nice stuff.

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 08:28:55 PM
If Miyavi had to be X new guitarist he would have been already invited to any concert, but he hasn't.

hi there

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 08:35:05 PM
So by reducing it to the people who were invited to play, it will be Sugizo (cause I don't think Wes or Richard will be permanet memers *g*)  :wink: , but why not pick another Luna Sea member, Inoran or (after seeing him on guitar at the hide memorial summit) Shinya!

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: May 07, 2008, 08:37:14 PM
about that topic. I read in an interview with their producer/manager (which I will translate and post later) today that they are going to have guitarists from each country as support on the world tour... and that Sugizo will tour with them permanently as constant guitarist

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 06:11:06 AM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
about that topic. I read in an interview with their producer/manager (which I will translate and post later) today that they are going to have guitarists from each country as support on the world tour... and that Sugizo will tour with them permanently as constant guitarist

Actually, the interview looked like the manager was questioning whether it was Sugizo. . .