X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Why don't they ever play anything from Vanishing Vision?

Uncontrol · 10488

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #30 on: April 21, 2008, 10:32:40 PM
Quote from: "Maya19"
Quote from: "Hurley"
So he should make the majority of his fans unhappy and make less money to look more like a Yoshiki and less like a penis? ;P

This made me laugh. XD

Yeah! Whenever there's a penis, Maya will look at it and laugh! :D

Oh, topic... yeah, I just think X should play what they want to play. What ever they choose, I guess I'm okay with it.
As long it's not only ballads and as long as they don't play Voiceless Screaming etc. without Taiji!

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: April 21, 2008, 11:02:56 PM
there are really some ridiculous people here wo try to defend EVERYTHING x japan did and didn't, praising everything and everyone and bladibla. why can you guys just let others have their own opinions about x japan, even if these included things like "some x japan songs really suck" or whatever.
just because you guys like everything from yoshiki and the rest (and i'm cool with that) doesn't mean that those who don't, don't know x japan as good as you do and are asking for a sermon on how to be the perfect x japan fan.

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:48 PM
Quote from: "le.pilote"
there are really some ridiculous people here wo try to defend EVERYTHING x japan did and didn't, praising everything and everyone and bladibla. why can you guys just let others have their own opinions about x japan, even if these included things like "some x japan songs really suck" or whatever.
just because you guys like everything from yoshiki and the rest (and i'm cool with that) doesn't mean that those who don't, don't know x japan as good as you do and are asking for a sermon on how to be the perfect x japan fan.

o.O To which postings/people are you refering ...? I didn't see us all saying that X is perfect e_e

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: April 21, 2008, 11:11:28 PM

If you're referring to me, I was merely pointing out the flipside of his argument, which actually makes his negative argument somewhat positive. I certainly don't like everything X Japan does, I just don't go around whining. I'm just happy that they are back again.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #34 on: April 21, 2008, 11:16:10 PM

I don't see any posts like that in this topic either, but as someone who happens to like everything X Japan does, I'd just like to say that I personally don't go around forcing others to feel the same way. o.o

Offline Belle & Sebastian

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: April 21, 2008, 11:39:11 PM
oh stupid, woops, wrong thread ^^
-> see the art of life thread

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #36 on: April 22, 2008, 03:58:51 AM
Quote from: "Uncontrol"
Meh. This topic is depressing me. <_<

I think them not playing their harder songs has more to do with what the majority of their fans expect out of them. People want to hear more Forever Love and less I'll Kill You. Songs like Forever Love is what rakes in the money, i guess.

Well, regardless of WHY they play what they play, I personally wish they'd either play more of the old stuff or write new songs that are more in line with their Vanishing Vision/Blue Blood/Jealousy style.  I also wish they'd play more rock and fewer ballads.  I know there's no way in hell any of that's going to happen now, and of course it's their band and they can do what they want with it, etc., etc.

But that doesn't mean one can't prefer the old stuff.  In fact, I WAY prefer X over X Japan and I think it's a shame they changed so much.  The old stuff is EXACTLY my taste.  The new stuff... not so much.

So you're not alone, I'm another who would rather more I'll Kill You and less Forever Love.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline UVER

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: April 22, 2008, 04:40:35 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
To me playing those without Taiji would be like playing White Wind from Mr. Martin without Pata.  (I don't think they've ever played that live anyway, but just as an example.)

1992 On The Verge of Destruction juste before Voiceless Screaming they played it right ?

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: April 22, 2008, 08:18:38 AM
It was during the Violence in Jealousy Tour in 1991

RIP

Offline AsukaMiyu

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Xplosion Online
Reply #39 on: April 22, 2008, 09:38:49 AM
Quote from: Hollywood
It's a shame to see a decent discussion degenerate into personal insults, but anyway...
How is that an insult? I definitely thought differently when I was younger and I'm sure I will also have another view on things when I'll be older, too, after gaining a lot of new exepriences.

Back to the actual topic. I really wouldn't mind them playing more of those old songs as they really rocked, but times passes by and the band changes too, of course. I don't think there's anything wrong about having other preferences in music with 40 than with 18. Actually that's normal. :P

Well, I'm perfectly happy with what they are playing at their concerts now. Ballads, rock songs, "something else",.... That a nice mix and somthing that's characteristic for X.
(For those who don't like their "new" music, well, that's just bad luck then, I guess)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 05:58:56 PM by Maverick »

...When the morning begins
I'll be in the next chapter...

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: April 22, 2008, 10:08:30 AM
Quote from: "ferret"

So wonderful!

:shock: I wonder, who sang the backround vocals there. Couldn't recognize it as a voice of the other X guys. And it's also not Toshi's voice from a tape.

mod mode

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: April 22, 2008, 10:22:37 AM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"

:shock: I wonder, who sang the backround vocals there. Couldn't recognize it as a voice of the other X guys. And it's also not Toshi's voice from a tape.

I tried to research that a bit (it says on xradicaldreamers that only the guys 5 from the band were performing) and it seems like it was Taiji?   :!:

RIP

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: April 22, 2008, 10:40:06 AM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"

I tried to research that a bit (it says on xradicaldreamers that only the guys 5 from the band were performing) and it seems like it was Taiji?   :!:

Well, only five guys is wrong, when I look that there's also a violin? :? And Taiji... I really cannot imagine him sounding like that! :lol: I think his voice sounds different. Cannot explain that really...
Same with hide's and Pata's voices... they sound all different than this background voice there in my opinion.

mod mode

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: April 22, 2008, 10:44:58 AM
Agree with you, cami °___° Doesn't sound like Taiji at all for me, too ... Although all the guys in the video comments say this o.ò
That's just ... euh ... strange o.o;
It's really mean they kept the stage that dark. XD

Off topic °_°;

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: April 22, 2008, 10:45:59 AM
Silly, it was Pata playing the violin, we all known that by now  :P It's def. Taiji at the "oooh" part, but before that no idea.

RIP

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: April 22, 2008, 11:02:55 AM
Silly, it was Pata playing the violin, we all known that by now  :P It's def. Taiji at the "oooh" part, but before that no idea.

:P Yeah, of course - the violin! :P

Why definitely at the oooh part? I only saw him looking up or something, but he did so several times. The voice doesn't sound like Taiji in my opinion. Heard his voice in Rain Song and Winds omoi arigatou (omg, I hope it's written the right way :roll:) and - yeah, voices change over the years, but THAT exremely? I think the voice at the background sounds pretty skilled. And the much I like Taiji: Taiji's voice in my opinion doesn't sound so... uhm.. educated. :lol:
(It's funny, from the front it looks like a singing hat - because of these sunglasses at Taiji's hat. :lol: I bet, Taiji's hat is the secret background singer!)

mod mode

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: April 22, 2008, 11:10:11 AM
Yeah, he looked up a couple of times but that was the only time where he, like, bent over to the mic a bit? I don't know, it looks like him singing to me and also would explain the closeup on him during that part.

RIP

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: April 22, 2008, 11:21:51 AM
Hm, no clue really. I guess only Taiji and his hat know.

Oh btw, I'd like to hear Xclamation live! But this should also be with Taiji! ... that bass bitch, dammit!

mod mode

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 22, 2008, 07:00:03 PM

Cool, never knew they'd performed it live.  Thanks for the link!  I'll check it out next time my connection lets me...

EDITED TO ADD:
OK, seen it now-- great stuff!
As for who's singing, I hear two separate people.  Mostly, I hear a trained singer who "warbles" a lot.  Sounds like it might be a woman in fact.  I also hear Taiji singing along with her, and a few times I do hear Taiji singing alone.  I really can't believe that it's ALL Taiji, anyway, because to me Taiji sounds like "just some guy singing" rather than having a very professional-sounding voice.

From about 5:30 to about 6:00, that's Taiji, in my opinion.  Then after 6:00 or so the trained singer joins him again.

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: April 22, 2008, 09:13:45 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Mostly, I hear a trained singer who "warbles" a lot.  Sounds like it might be a woman in fact.

That was exactly my impression as well o.o It sounded female ... and very professionall, what irritated me a quite a lot ... xD

Wild passion~

"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 22, 2008, 10:36:23 PM
Quote from: "Maya19"
That was exactly my impression as well o.o It sounded female ... and very professionall, what irritated me a quite a lot ... xD

Yeah, I thought it was pretty annoying too-- heheh, it totally overwhelmed the song!

And of course without having been there I can't know for sure who was really singing, but... to me the thought of Taiji singing like that is as funny as the thought of Pata playing violin.  If somehow it's really him singing all that, I am SO going to laugh. :lol: