• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Repo... limited release?

Fri · 2650

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
on: August 10, 2008, 04:45:15 PM
So I was hunting around on the Internets and I came across various people saying that Repo! is only going to be a limited release (read= it's only going to be in a few cinemas in New York). At first I thought it was just generic misinformation, but then I read that people were signing an online petition to get the movie released worldwide. (And as we all know, online petitions are about as effective as doing nothing in the first place.)

I do hope this isn't true as I'm in Australia -_-;

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 05:19:25 PM
I heard, maybe incorrectly, that the film had a budget of like $10 million - so if they only plan a limited release then they are almost deliberately trying to lose money.

Offline MillieQOF

• Moderators
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 09:00:54 PM
I really hope it'll come here but it's not in the upcoming charts of the major swedish cinema company...
So the best I can hope for is a DVD.
....GIVE ME THE PETITION T_T

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:13:30 PM
Ugh, stupid. How about a little marketing? I know for a fact that there are people here and in Germany who are looking forward to seeing it at the movies.
And let's be honest, it would make at least some money here, people went to see House of Wax for Paris, they'd go and see this for her, too.
People love horror, and peeple love musicals (I shit you not) AND whether they like her or not they pay money to see Paris "act" in those movies.

RIP

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #4 on: August 11, 2008, 04:28:56 AM
I hope they show it in more theatres.  To be honest it doesn't look that great, but I would just go for the music anyway.

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline Amethyst_Dahlia

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart!
Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 10:37:03 PM
Yeah, I read on the Repo forums that someone met Terrance Zdunich (the guy who plays the role of Graverobber, and also one of the people who wrote the original script along with Darren Smith. He also draws the comic book animation sequences, I think =D), and Terrance said that it's only being released in TEN theaters across the nation. D= New York and LA are definites, and possibly San Fransisco, but they had to fight to even get that far. @_@

So yeah, we need to spread the word about Repo as much as possible so it'll get the wide release it deserves!

And if you go to the official Repo website, they're selling Repo merch now, so buying some would be a good way to promote the movie. XD

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:32:53 AM
and Terrance said that it's only being released in TEN theaters across the nation. D= New York and LA are definites, and possibly San Fransisco, but they had to fight to even get that far. @_@

THE HELL?! Why not make it straight to DVD? And why do the people responsible for this NEVER read reviews? I've only seen positive reviews so far.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:16:35 PM by ferret »

RIP

Offline Yzaleen

• Fan
  • ... In the Rain...
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 01:13:47 PM
Too bad, I was really looking forward this movie...
At least I read that the dvd will be out in Januray... we will have to wait for this one :S

Offline Aerce

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 01:25:00 AM
Too bad, I was really looking forward this movie...
At least I read that the dvd will be out in Januray... we will have to wait for this one :S

Huh for that long.. oh well I hope it's worth the wait.