"Born To Be Free" official video

Kurenai_Akari · 1804

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
on: November 19, 2015, 06:01:23 PM
On Kerrang's website early this morning, they posted an article on "Born To Be Free". It's nothing to fancy in my opinion, it's just a bunch of live clips mashed together, but a video is a video. Watch it anyways.

EDIT - Also, it looks like there are a few bits from the documentary as well towards the end of the video.

Source- http://www.kerrang.com/38063/x-japan-premiere-new-video-born-to-be-free/

Video -
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 06:04:18 PM by Kurenai_Akari »

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 06:41:05 PM
I think this MV is everything tbh, haha. It fits the song perfectly. It's actually inspiring! Love this, though I'm bummed we'll probably never see the BTBF MV made back in 2010, 2011?

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kurenai_Akari

• Fan
  • Toshimitsu Deyama fan
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter profile
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 08:45:38 PM
I think this MV is everything tbh, haha. It fits the song perfectly. It's actually inspiring! Love this, though I'm bummed we'll probably never see the BTBF MV made back in 2010, 2011?

When I first watched it (pretty much it was the first thing I saw when I woke up this morning), I felt somewhat critical of it because it was nothing but fan testimonials & live clips. But now, it being almost three hours later, I'm beginning to see the bigger picture behind it & you're right about it being inspiring.

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 11:02:23 PM
I rather like it :)
It's nice that one of the fan speaks in French :D

But these big red letters for the cities' names are just sending an amateurish vibe ; couldn't they find any computer graphics person who could have helped them with that?

And I didn't like the fact that people were talking during the voice + piano towards the end before the final chorus.

But overall it was nice :)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:36:38 PM by Hyunkel »

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...