X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

hide memorial summit - live coverage, pictures, videos, etc.

darkcat21 · 106187

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #30 on: May 03, 2008, 08:24:56 AM
Quote from: "darkcat21"
Instruments destruction by DIE

Now that makes me curious-- what did he destroy?

EDIT TO ADD:
No need to be sorry, even these few updates are appreciated. :)

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 03, 2008, 08:25:27 AM
From 2ch: seats were all full, stand was at 80% - 90%.

hi there

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: May 03, 2008, 08:29:28 AM
From 2ch: seats were all full, stand was at 80% - 90%.

THANK YOU!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: May 03, 2008, 08:33:00 AM
any X member there? more picture pls, thanks :D

Ex denxdenx

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: May 03, 2008, 08:43:40 AM
No X member for the moment.

hi there

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 08:47:08 AM
RA:in play without pata?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Patazilla

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 08:48:47 AM
Is there any kind of host who announces the artists or does some chat with the audience like we know from the Extasy Summits?

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 08:57:33 AM
Not confirmed, but MarBell might be playing now.

hi there

Offline staybeautiful666

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 03, 2008, 09:06:57 AM
Thank you so much for the update.  :D

rom Despair To Where

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://chantrea-johari.livejournal.com
Reply #39 on: May 03, 2008, 09:08:35 AM
Not confirmed, but MarBell might be playing now.

They were the 6th band to perform; I just saw someone else post it on mixi.  Now is supposedly Maximum the Hormone.  The rest of the set list has also been posted on mixi, matching the one that's been going up here.  It's:
1. OZMA
2. DaizyStripper
3. Ra:IN
4. RIZE
5. Versailles
6. Marbell
7. Maximum the Hormone

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: May 03, 2008, 09:13:26 AM
does anybody have a approximate set-list up until now(I want to know what Versailles played 8) )

And a big thanks to everybody(especially darkcat) for the info :wink:

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #41 on: May 03, 2008, 09:13:45 AM
So I'm guessing that hide with Spread Beaver will perform last?  :)

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline aaroni

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: May 03, 2008, 09:15:14 AM
Yep, big thanks!

I love being updated about shows when they happen. I don't see that very often.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #43 on: May 03, 2008, 09:18:14 AM
Awwww~ pity it's raining... >.> Anyways, thanks for updating. ^_^

May X be with you!

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: May 03, 2008, 09:25:37 AM
Quote from: "nage"
Awwww~ pity it's raining... >.> Anyways, thanks for updating. ^_^

Ironically sad that it's raining, hide always hated the rain from what I heard. . . :cry:

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: May 03, 2008, 09:56:33 AM
Someone just posted that Phantasmagoria just finished, though it's not yet confirmed.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: May 03, 2008, 10:02:01 AM
Thank you for the updates, and I really hope that we might get more info/pics/vids before the day is over.
Another question: Has there anything been said about a possible DVD-release of these two days?

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: May 03, 2008, 10:06:33 AM
I've just gotten an update on the staging for the show.  Basically, to cut out set-up/break-down times, they seem to have set up three stages (if I read this correctly).  There's a large stage in the middle that is the "main stage" where the non-visual bands (RIZE, Maximum the Hormone) have been performing.  On the right and the left, there are two smaller stages, where the visual bands have been performing.

There are also four monitors, two large and one small on each side, for the people who are too far back to see the stage clearly.

I could be wrong, so don't fully take my word on this, but that's what it sounded like when it was described to me.

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: May 03, 2008, 10:11:26 AM
Interesting!Thanks for the updates verisimilitude :wink:

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: May 03, 2008, 10:12:02 AM
Quote from: "verisimilitude"
I've just gotten an update on the staging for the show.  Basically, to cut out set-up/break-down times, they seem to have set up three stages (if I read this correctly).  There's a large stage in the middle that is the "main stage" where the non-visual bands (RIZE, Maximum the Hormone) have been performing.  On the right and the left, there are two smaller stages, where the visual bands have been performing.

There are also four monitors, two large and one small on each side, for the people who are too far back to see the stage clearly.

I could be wrong, so don't fully take my word on this, but that's what it sounded like when it was described to me.

Thanx on behalf of both myself and ToE!

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 03, 2008, 10:30:24 AM
This SEEMS to be the final set list, though not confirmed, from the order that things have shaped up to be.  I don't think that Spread Beaver has gone on yet, but it seems people are speculating about the remaining order based on who has gone on thus far.  I wish I could give a more concrete answer, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, almost no one is talking about these lives.  Everyone seems pretty apathetic, even people at the actual concert, and half of them seem to dislike half the bands there (I've seen some pretty polite bashing of Maximum the Hormone and MarBell thus far  :( ).

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, this is the set list.  If any surprises come to my attention, I'll post, but I might be going to bed.

1. OZMA
2. DaizyStripper
4. RIZE
5. Versailles
6. Marbell
7. Maximum the Hormone
8. Phantasmagoria
9. hurdy gurdy
10. T.M.Revolution
11. Spread Beaver

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 03, 2008, 10:38:22 AM
This SEEMS to be the final set list, though not confirmed, from the order that things have shaped up to be.  I don't think that Spread Beaver has gone on yet, but it seems people are speculating about the remaining order based on who has gone on thus far.  I wish I could give a more concrete answer, but as mentioned earlier in the thread, almost no one is talking about these lives.  Everyone seems pretty apathetic, even people at the actual concert, and half of them seem to dislike half the bands there (I've seen some pretty polite bashing of Maximum the Hormone and MarBell thus far  :( ).

Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, this is the set list.  If any surprises come to my attention, I'll post, but I might be going to bed.

1. OZMA
2. DaizyStripper
4. RIZE
5. Versailles
6. Marbell
7. Maximum the Hormone
8. Phantasmagoria
9. hurdy gurdy
10. T.M.Revolution
11. Spread Beaver

THANK YOU!

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: May 03, 2008, 11:04:54 AM
finish? i hope X Japan not performing only 1 song tomorrow,. for sure, i think they will performing scars

Ex denxdenx

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: May 03, 2008, 11:12:39 AM
I got another update, and then I probably am really going to sleep.  First off, someone said (and again, this is only from one source) that on the main stage, sets were about 40 minutes each, but on the smaller stages, they were only about fifteen minutes each.  However, they did speculate that tomorrow's sets might be longer, and I have seen it rumored that LUNA SEA, at the least, is intended to play 70 minutes (again, rumored).

Also, no one has yet been able to comment on the MCs, but apparently, from some parts of the arena, the sound quality was too bad for the MC to be understood very well.

Quote from: "denxdenx"
finish? i hope X Japan not performing only 1 song tomorrow,. for sure, i think they will performing scars

I do believe that it is over.  X JAPAN will definitely be performing more than one song.  All the bands performed more than one song.  The rumor is just that they performed one HIDE song, and the rest were their own songs.  If the other rumor, that LUNA SEA will be playing over an hour tomorrow, is true, then I suspect X JAPAN will receive similar treatment.  We'll have to wait and see.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: May 03, 2008, 11:18:20 AM
Was Yoshiki there?

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: May 03, 2008, 11:21:51 AM
I ask myself for what did they need 3 Stages? It's not that there were 30 bands or something like that.

Offline verisimilitude

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: May 03, 2008, 11:31:47 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
Was Yoshiki there?

I commented to ToE to tell you this, but I believe I may have read from mixi that he didn't intend to come to today's show.  But then, I skipped over the message quickly, so I don't really know if that was the actual content or if I had misread it.  Part of me would tend to think that I'd read it wrong, since I'd hope that he'd be there to support Pata, at least, but...I'm not sure.  I wish I could find the thread again, but I read it earlier today and seem to have misplaced it.

Quote from: "Matthias"
I ask myself for what did they need 3 Stages? It's not that there were 30 bands or something like that.

Having been to numerous multiband lives since I moved to Japan, I have to say that this is definitely a convenient choice for them.  The time that it takes to dismantle and set up all the equipment for the band going offstage and the band coming onstage provides for serious lag time, and it's really easy to completely lose interest in the live altogether while waiting. Considering that it's such a large stadium, it's unlikely too many people could see very clearly what was going on on the main stage without the aid of the giant screens anyway, so the moving focal point of the live probably wasn't a huge issue.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: May 03, 2008, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
Was Yoshiki there?

I commented to ToE to tell you this, but I believe I may have read from mixi that he didn't intend to come to today's show.  But then, I skipped over the message quickly, so I don't really know if that was the actual content or if I had misread it.  Part of me would tend to think that I'd read it wrong, since I'd hope that he'd be there to support Pata, at least, but...I'm not sure.  I wish I could find the thread again, but I read it earlier today and seem to have misplaced it.

Quote from: "Matthias"

Having been to numerous multiband lives since I moved to Japan, I have to say that this is definitely a convenient choice for them.  The time that it takes to dismantle and set up all the equipment for the band going offstage and the band coming onstage provides for serious lag time, and it's really easy to completely lose interest in the live altogether while waiting. Considering that it's such a large stadium, it's unlikely too many people could see very clearly what was going on on the main stage without the aid of the giant screens anyway, so the moving focal point of the live probably wasn't a huge issue.

Thank you for clarifying that! And thank you for commenting on ToE. ^_^

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: May 03, 2008, 11:35:39 AM

It's just unusual for festivals in europe to have 3 stages when only 10 or 11 bands are gonna performe (unless every band would perform a 2hour set or so). Of course you are right, it takes some time to get all the stuff of the stage and then for the new band back on, but I never thought that would be a big issue for anyone, that's just "normal" for me.
Anyone knows how long the concert lasted today? From the first song till the last?

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: May 03, 2008, 11:36:37 AM
I'm a little disappointed with the setlist. I mean it's like Ra:in were the only ones not to feel too BIG and IMPORTANT to play between the smaller acts.

It would've been much more useful if they mixed the smaller with the bigger acts, just to make both days just as enjoyable and worthwhile...

but oh well, Thank you for keeping us informed!!!

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“