• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Camp Freddy

Matthias · 1891

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
on: June 05, 2008, 07:46:55 PM
I don't know if anyone heard about them, they are an Coverband which consists of famous core-members which are supported at their gigs by other well known musicians. The "core-members" are:

Dave Navarro, Billy Morrison, Matt Sorum, Donovan Leitch Jr and Chris Chaney. Scott Weiland was also a member, but after he split from Velvet Revolver he also seems to have quit Camp Freddy.

And now it seems that they are working on a solo-record but of course it's not that easy to pull a record out when every musician is with a different management and label, but let's be patient *g*

So here something to get an impression, four songs they played at their liveshow on may 29th at the roxy. They are supported for example by Juliette Lewis (love her), John 5 (one of my favorite guitarplayers), Billy Idol (Yeah), Slash and Duff (nothing to say about them *g*) and so on and so on  :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3LM7CGXnP8[/youtube]

Aint' talkin bout love

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kirIrSTHJoA[/youtube]

Paradise City

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSBmQrZJKTc[/youtube]

Rebel Yell

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEm3kgiPmO0[/youtube]

Dirty Deeds

Enjoy it, hope you like it as much as I do. By they way did I already say I LOVE Juliette Lewis and she's a godess?  :lol:

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 08:42:37 AM
REBEL YELL! <3
I thought the name was familiar and then I read Navarro 8)  I'm glad Dave is still doing music and isn't occupied with...ehem...movie making. He needs to make solo album collaborating with Flea already (a girl can dream, right? :cry:)

Quote from: "Matthias"

By they way did I already say I LOVE Juliette Lewis and she's a godess?  :lol:

I like her voice but her attitude towards acting and her batshit-crazyness (scientology) are kind of a turn off.

RIP

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 09:43:46 AM
Isn't Dave back with Jane's Addiction? Just read something like that on Wikipedia? And yes on the Collaboration thing with Flea, would be great.

On the godess topic, yeah that scientology-thing is a little bit of a turn-off but as long as she doesn't try to convert me I can live with it  :wink: On her musical-carrer I'll be opening another thread (today or tomorrow) *g*

But Camp Freddy is so cool, if I would live in America I would have seen them at least one time till now, hope they will come to europe in the future.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2008, 09:52:22 AM
Jane's Addiction performed at the first-ever NME Awards USA on April 23, 2008, with the proper reunited line-up of Perry Farrell, Dave Navarro, Eric Avery, and Stephen Perkins. This was the first performance with bassist Eric Avery since their 1991 Lollapalooza tour, 17 years earlier. The event was broadcast via MySpace. The band played Stop!, Mountain Song, Ocean Size and Jane Says after their acceptance speech. It has not been confirmed if this performance will lead to a tour, but Dave Navarro hinted at a future for Jane's Addiction on his blog at 6767.com in April Eric Avery also recently mentioned on his blog that he is considering doing more with Jane's Addiction in the near future. Dave Navarro recently mentioned on Camp Freddy Radio that Jane's Addiction is without a label, referring to the band in a present tense, meaning that the band could be planning new material.

I used to be obsessed with J'sA so I hope they don't fuck up their "comeback"  :?

And I wouldn't mind seeing Camp Freddy, either (especially if Billy comes along, hee).

RIP