• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

ToshI feat. Yoshiki (New Project)

Guest · 3713

shane140

on: August 21, 2010, 10:30:16 PM
ToshI held an interview with Sankei Sports and confirmed the name of the project (ToshI feat. Yoshiki). He also said that they're planning concerts in and outside of Japan. :) It seems like the new single will be released under that name too. Ha, so is this a side project from his proper solo project like T-Earth was or is he going to release all solo work under this name? It's slightly confusing XD

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/100822/gn...20518004-n1.htm
« Last Edit: August 22, 2010, 02:04:14 AM by shane140 »

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 01:53:02 AM
good news!
but I dislike the name... it's too uncreative and does sound much more like a one-song-thing than a whole project between them. even Yoshiki+ToshI would have been better than this.. xD well I don't mind as long as the music keeps being good (which I have no doubts in it) :)

Offline Ann1958

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 22, 2010, 09:05:45 AM
That is good news!
Concerts in and outside Japan sounds like music in my ears  :D
I suppose it is his solo work he will do with Yoshiki, and mayby some of Yoshiki's solosongs too? Who knows...
Anyway, that is good news for us, because if whenever Yoshiki has to recover for a time from drums, and other members are busy with solo, then they can always give those concerts in the meanwhile.
For the name of the project I don't care  :D
As long as there are projects, especially also outside of Japan, I really don't care how it is named!

As usual, I don't understand a word from the article, and google is really not a help, too weird!

shane140

Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 09:38:11 PM
Bit more info.
X Japan's Toshi details solo projects

X Japan vocalist ToshI (44) recently stated in an interview that he will be resuming his solo activities later with a new single next month. He also mentioned that he will team up with Yoshiki to start a new project next year.

Earlier this year, ToshI revealed that he was divorcing his wife Kaori after more than 12 years of marriage. He also finally severed ties with the Home of Heart group (labeled by many as a cult), though he had to declare personal bankruptcy as most of his money has gone to that organization. In February, he held a "sayonara concert" to symbolize his break away from his past.

Now, with the help of his friend and bandmate Yoshiki, ToshI is getting back on his feet. In May, ToshI finished a piano and violin ballad titled "Crystal Piano no Kimi" and recorded it at Yoshiki's studio in Los Angeles. The song will be released as a single in late September.

In addition, the two of them are launching a project in January called "ToshI feat. YOSHIKI," though it will start off as just a solo project by ToshI. They are still determining how it will develop, though they seem to be planning to release CDs and hold concerts domestically and overseas, while still being involved with X Japan.

http://www.tokyograph.com/news/id-6514

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 01:01:55 AM
Wow! I can't wait. I'm so glad that ToshI is going to continue with music!
I love Crystal Piano no Kimi it's great!

Thanks Shane 140 for the info!

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010, 01:11:47 AM
Anyone know where we can listen to/download Crystal Piano no Kimi?

Thanks

We are X!!!!!

Offline Wakyan*

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010, 02:02:53 AM

Thanks

Here you go!
http://www.myspace.com/toshiclub

Stop my tears. Stop my loving. Kill my memories.

Offline Tanabata

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010, 01:55:35 PM

Thanks

Here you go!
http://www.myspace.com/toshiclub

Thank you!  However, I don't think I download it from there and it's not the full version.  Any ideas?

Thank you again!

We are X!!!!!

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010, 01:59:15 PM
It hasn't been released yet so I don't think there's a full version anywhere yet.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010, 02:02:48 PM
I think you can pre-order it from ToshI's official website (if you live in Japan).

That being said, if you can, when ordering one for yourself please order one for me too :) I'll pay for everything ;)

This is my administrator color.