News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Announcement: NO more translations of anything on forums

Guest · 2385

PanthereNoire

To clarify: I will still make translations of X Japan - and maybe sometimes other J Rock related - stuff but from now on, the only place I will publish them will be my blog on myspace. I will not publish them anymore on X Freaks or Screaming Kiai and won't give permission to repost them elsewhere either (with one possible exemption but that is one so unlikely I won't bother to mention it here).

I'll also very much discourage discussion of the content anywhere other then my blog, though I will announce when I post a new blog with X related news.

The blog will be, at least for the time being*, public so anyone who wants, with or without a myspace account, can read them. Anyone who wants to post I think will need a myspace account because of the way myspace is set up. (But I think most regulars here have one already so that won't be a problem).

My reason for doing this:

I started to make the translations first for personal friends, as a favour and only started to post them publicly when those friends asked if they could show it their friends and finally ended up getting messages from all kinds of X Japan admirers who wanted to see them as well and so in the end it became easier to put them online in general, so that people could freely discuss what's important to them.

However, I'm doing this in my spare time and for free and because I love X Japan and because of that, I don't see why I should have, as a result of my work, to put up with idiotic crap from clueless mouthy attention whores with a tude that only give everybody grief. I can't prevent those losers from participating in threads on forums, but I CAN delete their posts from my blog or even completely block them from my profile on myspace, which will make for a much more pleasant life for myself.

I regret if this causes inconvenience to people I've come to know and like here on X Freaks, but life's too short and I'm too busy to want to waste time on infantile twits.

Naturally, I will NOT be leaving this board, I'll still participate where and when I like and just as much as I have - or at times haven't - before.

I just want a little more control over what is my work and important to me.

*IF too much crap pops up there, too, I'll set it to visible for my friends only.

Cheers or whatever,
Panthere Noire

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 01:29:43 PM
No problems for me, I guess- I will read them from your blog anyway! But as this forum has lots of members, who don't have your myspace etc, please, if you make a translatin and you don't want to post it here, maybe you could atleast post a short summary about the most important things in here.

This is my administrator color.

PanthereNoire

Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 01:47:48 PM
I can post a link and the headline, if you like.

But with my recent experiences, that is, having a translation of mine appear on that absolutely idiotic "family" thing on myspace without my permission and then yesterday this total crap from some moron here about you know what, I am disinclined to do more than that at the moment.

Unless you want to make a forum for discussions about translations that has very strict rules, or one that moderated in the first place (ie, posts will have to be approved by moderators) and where board members can be banned selectively from that forum if they are out of line. In that case, I'd be willing to keep posting the complete translations here.

But I WON'T have crap like yesterdays happen again if I can prevent it.

And yes, I realize I contributed to it before I realized what was going on (check your PMs, by the way), but really I do not want that again.

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 03:07:22 PM
I'll come by you're page now. You look like you need a grown-ups hug.

PanthereNoire

Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 03:15:42 PM
Quote from: "xScQ"
I'll come by you're page now. You look like you need a grown-ups hug.

I definitely do and thank you very much!