• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 28, 2006, 10:38:52 AM
diru rock......i adore them<3

Offline Valentine

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 28, 2006, 01:29:11 PM
I admire them for not being conventional (what's that, have I used the term when speaking about someone in *jrock*? Oh my :lol: ), I thought it was amazing how they surprised the fans with their latest single (speaking about Agitated Screams of Maggots here; at least hope it was the latest.)..... could laugh my head off with seeing the reactions on it.

'll save you from yourself. Fly...

Offline Kumo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 07:55:15 AM
im excited for the diru show in Feb. but im not really looking forward to their "Agitated Screams of Maggots" cus its not their best work.... but im still there for the support and their still a great band with that :D

Offline migashi69

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 03:49:50 AM
Quote from: "Kumo"
im excited for the diru show in Feb. but im not really looking forward to their "Agitated Screams of Maggots" cus its not their best work.... but im still there for the support and their still a great band with that :D

^__^ we think alike

ndless...

Offline Kumo

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: January 23, 2007, 12:26:43 AM
Quote from: "migashi69"
Quote from: "Kumo"

^__^ we think alike

hm hm we do we do... :D

PanthereNoire

Reply #8 on: January 23, 2007, 11:56:33 AM
And if he does, do you think we'll then have new rumours of new possible new group members? :P

In an aside, dir & grey are kind of pissing their fans of here at the moment, with their prolongued USA gig. And while i'm not really a fan of theirs, I don't know why they are doing it, really, because from reports I've heard it seems to be a rather humiliating experience for guys who are stars in their own country . . .

Just wondering.

PanthereNoire

Reply #9 on: January 23, 2007, 12:48:01 PM
Actually, they didn't make it up for Americans and it's fairly old by now, like, mid 1980ies . . . and while it originated from the address form of "otaku" (like: "otaku ha?" - "How about you?") that's used to inquired after another's affairs, it's usually written in katakana and doesn't really have anything to do anymore with the word it generated from.

For a bit of background information on the origin of the word:
http://www.jekai.org/entries/aa/00/nn/aa00nn70.htm

The explanation is mainly in English but also some Japanese so you will need Japanese enable, so you'd better use Firefox with it's inbuilt language support for that.

Personally, I disagree with the suggestion that "otaku" equals " nerd" - a real "otaku" is gone way beyond nerdy. But they can be royal fun!

PanthereNoire

Reply #10 on: January 23, 2007, 02:52:41 PM
Quote from: "Saint(c)"
Some Otaku are quite scary..wait a minute this thread is about DEG,man it's so easy to go off topic lol

So make an "Otaku" thread in offtopic, why don't you? :)

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.conspicuousphotography.com
Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 03:07:41 AM
Actually DEG is performing in Toronto this coming friday and I'll be attending the show. It's basically my first Jap band concert.

too bad, I always wanted to see X in live concerts but that dream could never be fulfilled. My parents wouldn't let me just fly to Japan for their Last Live back in 97.. damn school and job wouldn't really let me have that kinda time/money back then

PanthereNoire

Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 04:32:22 AM
And you probably wouldn't have been able to get any tickets (unless you were willing to fork over hundreds of dollars for black market ones) because they were sold out in record time when they went on sale. If memory serves correctly, a couple of hours or so for 55000 tickets . . .

That I didn't go when a friend asked me if I wanted to - they had gotten tickets - now I could kick myself for.  :x  :cry:  :x  :cry:  :x

Offline diesel88

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.conspicuousphotography.com
Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 01:23:31 PM
haha ya i was aware of that. kept close to the news back then.

think i was checking ebay or something.. ppl were trying to sell tickets there and the cost on that thing was insane

But I remember in some site,  you can pay to watch that concert live. Well, since I don't know any Japanese, it made it a lot harder for me to understand the procedure so I had to give up.

Offline haidolemon

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 04:14:48 PM
Diru is coming here to Finland in Summer ^^ I don't like that band very much, but i have to see it. They are goiing to be summer festival called Ankkarock ( Duckrock XDD i laughed that few hours XD) at July i think..

Earth in the dark

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #15 on: February 11, 2007, 04:49:40 PM
4-5 august haido :P

http://www.ankkarock.fi/

This is my administrator color.

Offline haidolemon

• Sunday Listener