• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The "I dont like ..." Thread

BizKiTRoAcH · 85827

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: June 05, 2008, 06:39:16 AM
i don't like the double standard happening here.

jigokugal

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #211 on: June 05, 2008, 07:02:41 AM
Quote from: "Sirimono"
Quote from: "Hollywood"
The girl in the Celebration video.

seconded

and i dislike X posters being ripped off wall D: blasphemous

I agree with Radicalblues on this one XDD

But I do agree about the posters o_o It was like... that woman person... ripped pieces off my heart... o_o

SO many posters. SO hard to get.
T_________T
I hate you, evil woman.

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #212 on: June 05, 2008, 08:29:02 AM
I don't like... that we don't know where the Paris concertr will be held. T_T

I don't like people saying: go away if you don't like it here. >,<

May X be with you!

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: June 05, 2008, 08:33:28 AM
Um, guys, I'm glad you're still posting here and stuff, but please stay on topic and post what you don't like about X, not what you don't like about this forum (that's what the "what pissed me off today" thread in the offtopic section is for).

RIP

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: June 05, 2008, 04:46:17 PM
This is going to be a long post.

I hate:

Different levels of cheering during concerts that show how much fans like a member compared to another member, it must be annoying for Heath every time.

I know people are really cheering for Hide when they hear his name because he's dead and we're being respectful, but it was the same way even when he was alive:

"on guitar, hide" YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMGOMGOMG!!!!!1 *CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP"
"on base, Heath" .................*clap*..............................*cough cough*............

And I hate all Heath ignoring in general, at the Hide Memorial Summit, everyone's singing in the rain over and over, suddenly Heath goes "in the rain!" EVERYONE goes silent and says nothing for like 10 seconds until Toshi says "in the rain" again, and then they start singing again, its like, wtf!?!

I don't really hate, but dislike:

Toshi's singing style since 1993 for X-japan's rock songs, why does he have to use his dahlia/ballad voice for songs for songs like X, Kurenai and Weekend? Infact why did they ever take out the guitar/base opening of weekend, the new opening of the song just sucks compared to the old one. But about Toshi's voice, I'm not expecting him to sound as raspy and gritty as the late 80's and 1990 lives, but why can't he sing the rock songs like he did in 1992. Sometimes Toshi even sounds bored when he's singing when he isn't using his raspy voice, go listen to the verge of destruction 1992 version of standing sex, and then X-japan returns version on the 30th, he sounds so bored on the 30th and like he's not putting any effort into singing "crime of visual shock" that made me cringe on the 30th performance. I don't mean he sounds bored all the time though when he's not using his raspy voice, because he put a lot more energy into his voice on the the 31st performance. I just think it isn't the same, Toshi is my favourite singer, but those songs just aren't the same without his raspy voice, why can't he balance to the two, sing weekend the way he used to, and then sing forever love with his ballad voice.

I hate:

How Yoshiki practically only plays Ballads at the concerts, they only perform like 6 rock songs now, one of them being Drain, apart from that you have silent jealousy, weekend, Rusty Nail, X and scars, Orgasm sort of counts, I don't know....they played art of life, but that was obviously a one-off and that wont be played again for another few years.

If Yoshiki wants to make it clear that the band is a metal band, but one that plays more ballads then others, all he'd have to do is play like, 4 or 5 ballads, and the other 16 or 15 songs can include the ones I mentioned, as well as others they seemed to have stopped playing now for seemingly no reason at all, like Blue Blood, Rose of pain, Sadistic Desire and Miscast, because really, other rock bands don't even play 4 or 5 ballads, they play like 2, not only that but you can tell that x-japan's ballads are a lot sadder, you only need like 4 of their ballads, and the ballad sections in songs like Weekend to get the message.

Yoshiki doesn't seem to be changing these kinds of setlists for anything, he didn't even really make an exception for the hide memorial summit, the event that was meant to "not contain any sad songs, this is just meant to celebrate hide in a fun way like he would want" yes I can understand them playing without you, but why didn't they arrange to sing Joker and Celebration at the memorial summit? Every other band there should have sang hide's solo carrer songs, and then X-japan play Celebration, Miscast, Joker and Scars ect. because while they are Hide's songs they are X-japan's songs as well, so they could've performed all those as part of the rule of "no sad songs at this concert" while paying tribute to hide, but no, we got the reunion concert setlist, endless rain, without you and I.V isn't a particularly happy song either.

I hate: Whoever is making that long ear peircing sound every time a song finishes or part of a song ends recently, I don't know who's doing it, I don't know if its coming from a guitar or if its the microphone because somebody keeps doing something near it, but it needs to stop, he was doing it at the reunion concerts, and the memorial summit.

During Heath's and Pata's solos, in the middle of Heath's solo, he kept that sound going for like 20 seconds, it was driving me mad, he did it at the end of the solo as well. And all the performances of Weekend, every time it comes to the piano section, he keeps that sound going constantly until Yoshiki starts playing the piano.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #215 on: June 05, 2008, 09:44:50 PM
Quote from: "Ulquiorra"

"on guitar, hide" YEAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OMGOMGOMG!!!!!1 *CLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAPCLAP"
"on base, Heath" .................*clap*..............................*cough cough*............

i loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooled

so true

PARTY HARD

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #216 on: June 06, 2008, 01:00:49 AM

Yeah I noticed that too. but oh well, you can't deny that some people would much prefer Taiji more than Heath in the band, so they might still, not accept him as a member of X Japan.
But it's really annoying seeing that Heath is being ignored. We all remembered "Pata ignoring", but what about "Heath ignoring"? That's as bad too. =(

he didn't even really make an exception for the hide memorial summit, the event that was meant to "not contain any sad songs, this is just meant to celebrate hide in a fun way like he would want" yes I can understand them playing without you, but why didn't they arrange to sing Joker and Celebration at the memorial summit? Every other band there should have sang hide's solo carrer songs, and then X-japan play Celebration, Miscast, Joker and Scars ect. because while they are Hide's songs they are X-japan's songs as well, so they could've performed all those as part of the rule of "no sad songs at this concert" while paying tribute to hide, but no, we got the reunion concert setlist, endless rain, without you and I.V isn't a particularly happy song either.

Yes while waiting for the hide memorial summit to start there was this topic about what song you wish they'd played. I was really hoping for them to play songs that hide wrote, and they aren't sad at all AND they are X Japan's song. So I was quite suprised when they played ENDLESS RAIN when he said "No sad songs", and ENDLESS RAIN ain't fun. =(

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: June 06, 2008, 07:14:13 AM
A friend of mine is a huge Heath fangirl, she doesn't like that either XD
But yeah, I think it's inevitable because some people go mad when they hear hide's name O_o
then it's like: "OMG hiiiiideee!!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3"
I respect every member of X, and I seem to have a strange love for Pata. X) So I don't like it that he doesn't get enough love, because he is just as talented as hide.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #218 on: June 06, 2008, 01:04:13 PM
i think they play i.v and without you in hide memorial summit is because both are X Japan new songs. i dont think people wanna see them perform without new material. each year of tokyo dome show from 92 to 96, X Japan perform a new song except last live. and of course for reunion concert and hide memorial summit, they played their new material song as well. i think its acceptable, even without you is a sad song, i dont think that its a big problem, but maybe for certain people.

Ex denxdenx

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: June 06, 2008, 01:11:18 PM
Quote from: "denxdenx"
i dont think people wanna see them perform without new material.

I'm sure there are millions of fans who would rather hear them play their "hits" than new songs, but if you want to promote your new stuff, you have to play it as often as possible.

And I agree about

At least try to pretend you're not a fangirl.

RIP

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: June 06, 2008, 01:46:13 PM
Quote from: "ferret"

And I agree about

I guess Heath still has the 'New guy' stigma even aftar what, 16 years? :roll:

MODERATOR'd!

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #221 on: June 06, 2008, 02:32:29 PM

Yes, poor man, he will be always compared with Taiji - whereas Taiji is pretty charismatic, Heath, however... is not. But he's talented musician anyway and he deserves the same respect as other X members.

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #222 on: June 06, 2008, 06:17:38 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"
Yes, poor man, he will be always compared with Taiji - whereas Taiji is pretty charismatic, Heath, however... is not. But he's talented musician anyway and he deserves the same respect as other X members.

Yeah, I agree.  I'm not really a Heath fan-- I don't dislike him, he just doesn't really appeal to me-- but I feel sorry for him for the constant Taiji comparisons.  He's not Taiji, he's Heath, and he shouldn't have to be Taiji either, that's not fair to him as an individual.  In fact I would like to see Heath be more Heath, not just fade into the background like he's some support musician.  And yeah, he's an established member of the band now, he's hardly new.

But you know, whoever "replaces" hide is going to have this same "Heath syndrome" multiplied by about 200. :?

Back on topic, I don't like people screaming hide's name when someone other than hide is playing hide's parts.  If the people onstage are Yoshiki, Toshi, Pata, Heath, and Sugizo, then please scream either Yoshiki!, Toshi!, Pata!, Heath!, or Sugizo!.  Anything else is pretty disrespectful really.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #223 on: June 06, 2008, 06:32:10 PM
Back on topic, I don't like people screaming hide's name when someone other than hide is playing hide's parts. If the people onstage are Yoshiki, Toshi, Pata, Heath, and Sugizo, then please scream either Yoshiki!, Toshi!, Pata!, Heath!, or Sugizo!. Anything else is pretty disrespectful really.

I can imagine it.
"Heeeeeesu, step aside, I can't see Hide's hologram!"
 :roll:

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: June 06, 2008, 06:47:24 PM

I'm male actually, and all I was saying was that I think it must surely be slightly annoying hearing only a few claps when your name is called compared to the other members, I don't see any fangirling going on here.

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: June 06, 2008, 06:52:25 PM

I'm male actually, and all I was saying was that I think it must surely be slightly annoying hearing only a few claps when your name is called compared to the other members, I don't see any fangirling going on here.

That was addressed at the clapping thing, not at you  :wink:  I meant they should at least have the decency to clap just as much for the other members, even if Yoshiki/hide is all they care about.

RIP

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: June 06, 2008, 07:42:29 PM
Back on topic, I don't like people screaming hide's name when someone other than hide is playing hide's parts.  If the people onstage are Yoshiki, Toshi, Pata, Heath, and Sugizo, then please scream either Yoshiki!, Toshi!, Pata!, Heath!, or Sugizo!.  Anything else is pretty disrespectful really.

Hm, I don't think it's that bad... because hide is still member of X Japan...

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: June 07, 2008, 02:35:22 AM

But you know, whoever "replaces" hide is going to have this same "Heath syndrome" multiplied by about 200. :?

I guess if either Sugizo or Miyavi become the 6th member, "Heath syndrome" (Nice one btw ;)) wouldn't affect them as much because they are both well established and popular musicians with already solid connections with the band/members. I don't know much about Heaths past, but he wasn't that popular before joining X was he? So naturally filing those massive cowboy boots that Taiji left behind wasn't too easy.

MODERATOR'd!

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #228 on: June 07, 2008, 02:41:09 AM
Quote from: "friday"
I don't know much about Heaths past, but he wasn't that popular before joining X was he? So naturally filing those massive cowboy boots that Taiji left behind wasn't too easy.

Yeah, I think he wasn't that popular before. I remember slightly the bandname... Majestic Isabelle? Don't quote me on that though. As far as I can tell he was rather underground or something.

I also think that Sugizo or MYV wouldn't have so big "problems".
And the fans who say hide can't be replaced and X isn't X without him would say so no matter who's standing there on stage on his place anyway.

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: June 07, 2008, 02:48:52 AM
Quote from: "VioletCamicat"
I don't know much about Heaths past, but he wasn't that popular before joining X was he? So naturally filing those massive cowboy boots that Taiji left behind wasn't too easy.

Yeah, I think he wasn't that popular before. I remember slightly the bandname... Majestic Isabelle? Don't quote me on that though. As far as I can tell he was rather underground or something.

And the fans who say hide can't be replaced and X isn't X without him would say so no matter who's standing there on stage on his place anyway.

Agreed. I'm a hide fan, very much of one, but I don't think Miyavi would have ANY problems making his stage presence known and finding a place for himself in the band. In many ways, their visual appearance has similarities (I'm pretty sure Miyavi would be the same "you know what, I'm gonna dress how I fucking want" that hide was), and I'd definitely cheer for both hide AND him if/when he played hide's parts.

Offline whiki

• View Profile
Reply #230 on: June 07, 2008, 03:05:23 AM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"

Agreed. I'm a hide fan, very much of one, but I don't think Miyavi would have ANY problems making his stage presence known and finding a place for himself in the band. In many ways, their visual appearance has similarities (I'm pretty sure Miyavi would be the same "you know what, I'm gonna dress how I fucking want" that hide was), and I'd definitely cheer for both hide AND him if/when he played hide's parts.

the question is would Yoshiki giving Myv a chance?

because for what I see Yoshiki never invited Myv to play like in X Japan concerts or Hide memorial

I am not Miyavi fan,but I welcomed anyone to join X Japan

beside what VioletCamicat meant is that both Sugizo and Myv wouldn't have problems,because they have established names,it's not about visual similarities

and do you think hide fans will accept someone because of their visual similarities,what if they think in the contrary like "Myv is like hide fangirl",I think that would be hardship for Myv....

edit:I am not against Myv,if Yoshiki do giving him a chance,I will accept it as well,I believe Yoshiki can choose the best one for his band.

Offline Kihl

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: June 07, 2008, 03:57:27 AM

Ah... poor Heath... I still think it is the Paranoia that makes people uneasy around him.  8)

Love will Find a Way

This the Line you Used to Love

Do you Still believe that?

Offline nage

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #232 on: June 07, 2008, 11:16:49 AM
If everything goes well with the concert (etc. etc..), let's show more love to Heath and Pata in Paris!!  :D

I think Heath has his own charisma. ^_^

I can't think of this as a REPLACEMENT because I think there might be a NEW MEMBER... since hide will be there forever.

May X be with you!

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: June 07, 2008, 12:51:55 PM

So true, and the fans should be happy that he is "still there" in a sense.

(This is rather OT, but anyway...) The good thing about Sugizo's performances with X is that he already has an existing bond and onstage charisma with fans and the band, and it does seem that they are having fun and enjoy Sugizo being onstage with them. In a way i guess i'm open for anyone to become the 6th member, yet i'd rather see someone who "belongs" there rather then some random who will just stand there playing  
hide's parts without any already existing connection with the band.

MODERATOR'd!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: June 07, 2008, 04:18:16 PM
Quote from: "nage"
If everything goes well with the concert (etc. etc..), let's show more love to Heath and Pata in Paris!!  :D  

It was my plan to shout "PAAATAAA!! TOMOAKI ISHIZUKA KUROI BARA!!!" all the time  :twisted:

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: June 10, 2008, 06:55:26 AM
I don't like "hide x Yoshiki" fanfics.

As a matter of fact, I COMPLETELY DETEST THEM.

They're all emo, and with Yoshiki crying over hide's grave because he misses the great sex awmahgod @D@~~~
NO.

Just no.

I hate them T___T

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: June 15, 2008, 06:31:18 PM
OTWHS

Full medical name: OMFG TAIJI WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?! Syndrome

Diagnosis and symptoms: Often experienced by X fans with no interest whatsoever in anything Taiji did after X, the onset of OTWHS usually occurs after a sudden or unexpected exposure to recent Taiji photos.  The condition is easy to diagnose, as symptoms often include frequent repetitions of the words "old" and "omg", as well as copious displays of question marks.  Patients are usually female, though male cases of OTWHS have also been reported.

Treatment: During OTWHS onset, the patient is advised to remain calm.  Caregivers may wish to remind OTWHS sufferers that nearly everyone on the planet currently looks older than they did 20 years ago.  Some OTWHS sufferers are able to reverse the condition after exposure to moar photos similar to the one(s) which caused OTWHS onset.  Caregivers should be warned, however, that in extreme OTWHS cases this treatment method could result in additional trauma to the patient.  Such patients are usually advised to avoid all visual contact with any actual adult males and return to their practice of squealing over pink-bow-wearing oshare kei liptouchers.

WARNING FOR PATIENTS: Some caregivers, exasperated by continual OTHWS outbreaks, may eventually resort to emergency treatment via STFU.

...I don't actually dislike it, I'm just amused whenever it happens. :lol:

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #237 on: June 15, 2008, 06:49:23 PM
Full medical name: OMFG TAIJI WHAT HAPPENED?!?!?! Syndrome

Yeah, cynical Hollywood's classic entertainment in action, how lovely. :wink: So people care about him - it's better to have at least something to discuss. And sorry for being so irritable but aren't you the one who protests against the new rules like "the posts must be happy and constructive"? :wink: It's obvious that everyone looks older after 20 years - but yes, some people may want to express that idea though.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: June 15, 2008, 06:59:51 PM
Oh believe me, I'm not saying everyone should be happy and constructive-- hey, how is that ^ post you just replied to even mildly happy or constructive?

And like I said at the bottom there, I don't dislike it when people point out how old he looks.  Really and truly, I don't care at all, and I'm certainly not saying people shouldn't talk about it if they want to.

I just think it's funny how whenever anyone posts a recent Taiji photo or video, inevitably, SOMEONE will be all "OMG!" about it. :lol:

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #239 on: June 15, 2008, 07:00:04 PM
Haha. Hollywood I like you. You're funny.