BizKiTRoAcH · 86112

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #270 on: June 16, 2008, 07:15:25 PM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
:lol: One of my favorites. :D

This must be destiny! :lol: :lol: If you have any other favourite stories, please, PM me, send mail, MySpace mail, MSN message, whatever (when we finally have so many possibilities how to contact each other :-D ) and share them! :D

SarahAlex - the devil's advocate

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #271 on: June 16, 2008, 09:07:29 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"
This story is really good, it always makes me laugh - especially Yoshiki's way of thinking. :D
Warnings: NC-17, not for people who hate vulgarisms (like the word "f*ck" in each possible grammatical category), not for homophobic or Yoshiki/Hide-phobic ones. :D

Take it easy and have fun, people: http://celeb.adultfanfiction.net/story.php?no=600050111 :lol:

:lol: One of my favorites. :D

I love that one!   :P

And I might as well stay on topic.

So I've been reading the thread, and I've come to a conclusion.  

I strongly dislike:
people who have negative things to say about Yoshiki's drum solos.  I mean, come on.  It's not like you can do anything better.  I think he's amazing.  It makes me sort of sad to hear people saying things like this.
the comparison between Taiji and Heath.  I think they are both great bassists.  I don't have a favorite.  I'm sure you people could find a lot of things to back up a thesis such as "OMG X isn't X without Taiji!!" but I really don't care, because it's stupid.  
And I can't really think of anything about the band members themselves I don't like, except I am kind of annoyed that they didn't release more albums...Oh well.

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline Madjhatter

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: June 18, 2008, 09:27:58 PM
Taiji is associated with X, Heath is associated with X Japan. Given, I like X's earlier stuff more but I like both of them.

and forgot to say this, it just crossed my mind again.

Quote from: "VioletCamicat"

Strange thing to me also is: Why do so many people believe that they're all gay?

with guys, not sure but with girls its the mindset of "If I can't have him, no woman can. So he must be gay and now I don't feel so bad about it."  I gurantee that the majority of the reason why. Some might argue that that is not why, that its because of this reason or that reason but they just don't want to admit to having that mindset.  
 I've had my days of being a rapid fangirl (however that was a few years back and with another fandom. I matured out of that...I think  :P  ) and had the hating the thought of your favorite artists with a woman but come on, making yourself believe they're gay?  didn't go that far and I find strange that so many have. Its sad really...

~Live boldly. Take risks. Make somebody say, "what the hell was that all about?"~

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #273 on: June 18, 2008, 09:50:18 PM
Quote from: "Madjhatter"
with guys, not sure but with girls its the mindset of "If I can't have him, no woman can. So he must be gay and now I don't feel so bad about it."  I gurantee that the majority of the reason why. Some might argue that that is not why, that its because of this reason or that reason but they just don't want to admit to having that mindset.  
 I've had my days of being a rapid fangirl (however that was a few years back and with another fandom. I matured out of that...I think  :P  ) and had the hating the thought of your favorite artists with a woman but come on, making yourself believe they're gay?  didn't go that far and I find strange that so many have. Its sad really...

Good point.  And it's usually the same type of fangirl who gets all upset when one of their favorite "gay" musicians gets married, or gets a girlfriend, or is even RUMORED to have a girlfriend.  These kinds of fans make all kinds of highly, HIGHLY speculative "theories" about bandmates in love and elaborate love triangles with other bandmates and blah blah-- but then if one of those guys ever gets photographed on a date with a woman, the same person will insist it couldn't possibly be true and get pissed if anyone talks about it.

And like I said, no one ever "theorizes" about couples they don't think are hot.  Not likely to be a coincidence... :lol:

I don't care what people want to fantasize about-- hey, whatever floats your boat-- but no matter what anyone says, I STILL find it incredibly creepy when people start convincing themselves that their fantasies are real.  (Why does their real-life sexual orientation matter anyway?  Why do people even care enough to construct all these elaborate "theories" about it?)

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #274 on: June 18, 2008, 11:29:23 PM
Am I the only one who does not like Crucify My Love? I don't know what it is but I just don't like this song. I wish I could explain it but I'm finding it hard to.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: June 19, 2008, 12:53:27 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
Quote from: "Madjhatter"

Good point.  And it's usually the same type of fangirl who gets all upset when one of their favorite "gay" musicians gets married, or gets a girlfriend, or is even RUMORED to have a girlfriend.  These kinds of fans make all kinds of highly, HIGHLY speculative "theories" about bandmates in love and elaborate love triangles with other bandmates and blah blah-- but then if one of those guys ever gets photographed on a date with a woman, the same person will insist it couldn't possibly be true and get pissed if anyone talks about it.

And like I said, no one ever "theorizes" about couples they don't think are hot.  Not likely to be a coincidence... :lol:

I don't care what people want to fantasize about-- hey, whatever floats your boat-- but no matter what anyone says, I STILL find it incredibly creepy when people start convincing themselves that their fantasies are real.  (Why does their real-life sexual orientation matter anyway?  Why do people even care enough to construct all these elaborate "theories" about it?)

Actually, I beg to differ. Best I can explain it for the one couple I truly do believe is real (hide and Yoshiki) is that it is one of the most touching and tragic love stories one could ever imagine. I'm not averse to pr0n at all, but I actually love plotted fics and fics imagining cute or everyday life moments or issues they've dealt with.

For me, it's a part of who they were and what their lives were that I find interesting to speculate about. It's not OMFG hide AND YOSHIKI ARE SOOOO HAWTTT as much as it is "this is a tragic and beautiful love story."

Also, I'm not "OMFG THEY'RE GAY THEY COULD NEVER SLEEP WITH A WOMAN EVER DIE WOMEN"  :roll: . I think hide and Yoshiki were both definitely female-preferring bi and had quite the love for the groupies and models and however else they could get some. That said, I really also think both were in love with each other. . .

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: June 19, 2008, 11:15:11 AM
I think hide and Yoshiki were both definitely female-preferring bi and had quite the love for the groupies and models and however else they could get some. That said, I really also think both were in love with each other. . .

Not having read the whole thread, I ask: do you have any evidence that they engaged in group sex, that Yoshiki laid with whoever he could, and that they loved each other sexually? I would rather use the term androgyn rather than bisexual when describing Yoshiki; the two concepts are quite different. A person that is androgyn is "at home" with both masculine and feminine traits in his/her character but does not necessarily get attracted by both men and women.

I personally am quite androgyn as a character but I don't have a homophobia, nor do I think about other males sexually. There's a good "gender test" published by our national gender equality organization SETA ("Sexual Equality", our female president is a member :P) but it's not available in English. According to that, I'm androgyneous with a slight tilt towards masculinity. By the way, there's genuine homophobia in some other (more conservative) countries, such as the US.

As for the second point, I think rather the reverse is true. Many of Yoshiki's lyrics are based on loss and longing and they see love as a violent and beautiful, etheric force. I think the concept of love would be much more inflated if Yoshiki engaged into sleeping with whoever he could find. You need tragedy, pain and loneliness as well as idealism to come up with X Japan's stuff.

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: June 19, 2008, 11:26:20 AM
Quote from: "X-J"
I would rather use the term androgyn rather than bisexual when describing Yoshiki

Huh, you can be/look androgynous and be bisexual at the same time. (not saying that he is bisexual, but being bi is a sexual orientation while being androgynous means there's no gender identification)

RIP

Offline X-J

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: June 19, 2008, 11:40:56 AM
Quote from: "ferret"
I would rather use the term androgyn rather than bisexual when describing Yoshiki

Huh, you can be/look androgynous and be bisexual at the same time. (not saying that he is bisexual, but being bi is a sexual orientation while being androgynous means there's no gender identification)

Sure--but it doesn't follow that Yoshiki is bi; otherwise, every male attracted to "softness" would be either bi or gay which would make romantic, "poetically" involved male+heterosexual an impossibility by definition.

The more conservative Western cultures (I'm thinking, for example, US and UK) may in general be more intolerant towards softness about a male and more inclined to view said specimen as either bi or gay. The entertainment culture oddly enough plays into this setting (I'm in particular thinking of that home decoration show where gay males make hetero males' apartments look more jazzed).

Only what is in motion can rest."
-Martin Heidegger

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: June 19, 2008, 02:57:15 PM
You need tragedy, pain and loneliness as well as idealism to come up with X Japan's stuff.

Agreed.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #280 on: June 20, 2008, 05:23:41 PM
Quote from: "leria83"
Am I the only one who does not like Crucify My Love? I don't know what it is but I just don't like this song. I wish I could explain it but I'm finding it hard to.

No you're not the only 1.  :?
It's one of my least fav X Japan's songs, and I don't know why too.

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: June 20, 2008, 05:27:28 PM

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
It's not my kind of music.

An X song I do dislike, is Longing... Corny ballads are okay (sometimes), but this was a little too corny for me >___> The only reason I still listen to it is because of Toshi's enchanting voice.

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: June 20, 2008, 06:04:13 PM
Quote from: "Hollywood"
And like I said, no one ever "theorizes" about couples they don't think are hot. Not likely to be a coincidence... :lol:

I don't care what people want to fantasize about-- hey, whatever floats your boat-- but no matter what anyone says, I STILL find it incredibly creepy when people start convincing themselves that their fantasies are real. (Why does their real-life sexual orientation matter anyway? Why do people even care enough to construct all these elaborate "theories" about it?)

Actually, I beg to differ. Best I can explain it for the one couple I truly do believe is real (hide and Yoshiki) is that it is one of the most touching and tragic love stories one could ever imagine. I'm not averse to pr0n at all, but I actually love plotted fics and fics imagining cute or everyday life moments or issues they've dealt with.

For me, it's a part of who they were and what their lives were that I find interesting to speculate about. It's not OMFG hide AND YOSHIKI ARE SOOOO HAWTTT as much as it is "this is a tragic and beautiful love story."

That's no different in terms of the "I like this fantasy --> I think it's real" thing I was talking about though.  You clearly really, really like the idea of them as a couple.  Nothing wrong with that fantasy of course, but liking something does not make it real.

No one ever, ever "theorizes" about musicians they don't like or couples they don't like to fantasize about-- whether that fantasy is sexual or romantic or whatever.  It's ALWAYS their favorite musicians and most-wanked-over fantasy.  Therefore it's extremely difficult for me to take seriously; it always looks incredibly creepy and like the person in question is unable to separate fanfiction from real life.

I'm not into the ballads in general (nice songs but not my thing), but for some reason I actually like Crucify a lot MORE than most of their ballads.  My favorite post-Taiji ballad for sure.  It has a kind of starkness and simplicity that reminds me somewhat of the VV version of Unfinished.

Offline hideisgod

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/vanillasugarcube
Reply #283 on: June 20, 2008, 06:27:10 PM
I also forgot this one...

I don't really like how on some of the newer songs, they sort of added an "electronic" type feel to Toshi's voice, like in Scars.  It's weird.

I LOVE YOSHIKI :D

Offline leria83

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/r1canmam1
Reply #284 on: June 20, 2008, 06:54:32 PM
Quote from: "MIHO"
I don't hate it, but I don't love it either.
It's not my kind of music.

An X song I do dislike, is Longing... Corny ballads are okay (sometimes), but this was a little too corny for me >___> The only reason I still listen to it is because of Toshi's enchanting voice.

Well see I like some of their ballads. I love Tears. I mean I LOVE that song. Like if I were to have them perform any song for me, that would be it. I think it's mostly because of hide's solo.

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #285 on: June 21, 2008, 10:56:07 PM
For MistcastDice: So, because I know you love these two, I made a video:

Personally, I don't believe Yoshiki and hide were lovers or something like that but because my motto = "Friendship is love without sex.", I thought... Well, take a look, I hope you'll like it. :wink:

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: June 22, 2008, 05:21:06 PM
Quote from: "hideisgod"
I also forgot this one...

I don't really like how on some of the newer songs, they sort of added an "electronic" type feel to Toshi's voice, like in Scars.  It's weird.

Same here, not a fan of Toshi on vocoder.  Well, actually, I don't like ANY of the electronic elements they added in the Dahlia album.

And I like electronic music.  I just don't like it mixed with X.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: June 22, 2008, 06:39:38 PM
Quote from: "SarahAlex"
For MistcastDice: So, because I know you love these two, I made a video:

Personally, I don't believe Yoshiki and hide were lovers or something like that but because my motto = "Friendship is love without sex.", I thought... Well, take a look, I hope you'll like it. :wink:

I love it :D :D :D

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #288 on: June 22, 2008, 06:43:47 PM
I love it :D :D :D

*grin*
*happy*
*trying to be cool*
Oh, thanks. 8)
:D :wink:

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: June 23, 2008, 09:51:52 AM
I love the video too! Very nice. *snif*

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: June 23, 2008, 10:01:28 AM
YAY. Ha, even though I don't believe the Yoshiki Hide thing one bit, I really like this video. It kind of shows how Hide and Yoshiki, even though they are friends, they had different lives. Hide having a fun time and Yoshiki always involved in his work......just my opinion  8)

Liked the bit where Hide shoved his fingers in his mouth and stretched out his mouth, so funny!!!

Offline SarahAlex

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Reply #291 on: June 23, 2008, 10:39:08 AM
To Matilda in Oz and mC:
Thank you very much! ^_____^
And as I wrote, I also don't believe, as you, mC, said: "the Yoshiki Hide thing". When I heard that song I used for the first time, it immediately reminded me hide. So that video should have been only about him.
But you know Yoshiki, he just... appeared in my Movie Maker and all of a sudden it was so... obvious that Yo is going to be the narrator of the story. :)

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: June 26, 2008, 05:59:57 PM
They should've recorded Right Now in a studio, despite the fact that Jun stopped being in the band. That first heavy riff is so goddamned killer!

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline MIHO

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: June 28, 2008, 09:00:02 AM
Quote from: "Envenom"
They should've recorded Right Now in a studio, despite the fact that Jun stopped being in the band. That first heavy riff is so goddamned killer!

How true.
I really love their old songs, like Endless Dream and Only Way and such... It's a shame that we only have the low quality-songs....

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: July 11, 2008, 01:00:22 AM
Interesting thread.

I have to say forst of all that the song 'Standing Sex' gets into my nerves. A LOT.
I think it might be because of the lyrics.
Then again, maybe not.

Also, some posts above someone said that ppl generally theorise about whether ppl are together or not when they are 'hot' or if they are theor favourites or sth...
I beg to differ. If it comes to theorizing about whether 2 ppl are 'zomg gei with each otherrr' I am ready to theorise about EVERYONE. (yes, I mean that.)
Unhealthy obsessions etc...*whistles innocently*

Other things I don't like in X....
Well, I don't like how they shove their solos in the concerts....
Though, I'm being hypocritic here cause I LOVE Yoshiki's piano and drum solos...:-/
Hmm..let's just say that I dislike it when, for example, hide or Heath were presenting their own solo work on stage during an X concert...
And don't get me wrong. I like their solo works too but when I watch an X concert, I want to watch X performing the band;s songs...etc etc.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: July 11, 2008, 01:53:51 PM
Quote from: "roseofpain84"
Other things I don't like in X....
Well, I don't like how they shove their solos in the concerts....
Though, I'm being hypocritic here cause I LOVE Yoshiki's piano and drum solos...:-/
Hmm..let's just say that I dislike it when, for example, hide or Heath were presenting their own solo work on stage during an X concert...
And don't get me wrong. I like their solo works too but when I watch an X concert, I want to watch X performing the band;s songs...etc etc.

I so agreee with this one. I hate it when such a big part of the concert time is wasted on solo works. Of course, their solo stuff is nice, but I'd really rather watch a full X concert, instead of those they could play some rare old songs or something. The worst one was probably the Violet UK thingy at the reunion concerts, ugh.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Fri

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • http://friezaess.deviantart.com
Reply #296 on: July 11, 2008, 02:39:55 PM
Agreed, I hated Violet UK at the March concerts. What bugged me most about it was that it seemed to be just an advirtisment for h. Naoto, which kinda cheapened the whole reunion thing :(

Offline Anna

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • Tsurezuregusa
Reply #297 on: July 11, 2008, 02:43:19 PM
I agree. The VUK/Naoto show seemed out of place. But it was a good chance to go to the toilet and/or buy another drink from the pretty vendor girl.  :wink:

Pony rocks!

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #298 on: July 11, 2008, 10:06:13 PM
I always though the introduction to the later concerts was bloody ennoying (the X Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan etc. bit). The older one was MUCH better.

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: July 11, 2008, 10:10:48 PM
Quote from: "Envenom"
I always though the introduction to the later concerts was bloody ennoying (the X Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan Japan etc. bit). The older one was MUCH better.

Agreed. It's ridiculous and doesn't match their style at all. It makes the word 'Japan' echo in brain in a pretty unpleasant way.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.