• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The "I dont like ..." Thread

BizKiTRoAcH · 86688

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: May 12, 2008, 04:03:33 PM
Quote from: "Matilda in Oz"

I'm a huge fan of the visual and somewhat psychedelic aspect of X Japan and wouldn't mind knowing more about who designed the clothes and how the lighting was done and where they generally got their ideas from, and what else those people surrounding X have done since, that could be worth checking out.

That will be hard.
For X Japan's stage performances (all stage design and lighting design), hmm.. you need to be able to understand Japanese at least.. check the names out from DVD booklets and get some info about them (who mostly are Japanese and info about them surely 98% are in Jap lingo). You know, people behind the scene are the least credited, thus difficult to get to know more about them.

So, for me, to see them is part of the whole impression as much as to listen to them. I know others differ, but I experience their performance as a complete work of art rather than just music, so every toss of hide's weird hair, every leather-squeaking leaning forward of Toshi to get that voice into high pitch and etc is an important part of it.
Very much agree with you.

...And I know Im going off topic..  :roll:  XD

jigokugal

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #181 on: May 12, 2008, 04:21:23 PM
I dislike:
-Love Replica, it just doesnt work for me.
-Drain, to industrial for my taste
-people who keep bitching about Toshi's personal life, there is a reason why its called PERSONAL.
-people who ignore Pata, Pata RULES!
-the people who scream the members name TO hard during concerts
-People who keep complaining about Taiji leaving the band, it happend, get over it already!

etc.

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: May 12, 2008, 04:24:55 PM
Quote from: "RoseOfPain"

-People who keep complaining about Taiji leaving the band, it happend, get over it already!

I hate that Taiji had to leave the band. I'll NEVER get over it   :cry:

RIP

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #183 on: May 12, 2008, 05:12:13 PM
I dislike
- Drain, not my type of song
- Less attention to Pata
- This thread, too much negative.

Other than that, none. =3

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #184 on: May 12, 2008, 05:48:33 PM

Heheh, I'll make you a deal.  When the day comes that X Japan without Taiji rocks even half as hard as X with Taiji, THEN I'll stop complaining about Yoshiki kicking him out of the band. 8)

Agreed about Toshi and Pata though.

I get frustrated that they are so difficult to google. There's fansite after fansite that keep repeating themselves or copying each other's basic and often misleading or starry-eyed texts, so to get real information is not easy.

Man, so true.  So many stupid memes, bad translations, etc. get passed around the net just because people basically don't know any better or don't have/don't bother looking at/can't read the original information sources.

I'm a huge fan of the visual and somewhat psychedelic aspect of X Japan and wouldn't mind knowing more about who designed the clothes and how the lighting was done and where they generally got their ideas from, and what else those people surrounding X have done since, that could be worth checking out.

Like jigokugal said, check out the credits in the CDs and videos-- most of the credits themselves are in English, which is sort of a blessing and a curse.  Easier to read for non-Japanese-speakers, but on the other hand, you don't get to see the kanji for people's names, which makes searching for them in Japanese pretty tough (unless they usually write their names in romaji).

That said, Screaming Mad George did some of the on-stage and props and stuff for their concerts, especially what you see in the On the Verge of Destruction video.  He also worked on the Jealousy CD booklet.  He's an interesting guy, and does lots of freaky horror-type special effects makeup, creatures, etc., for movies and commercials and such.  He's a musician too, and has had a few different bands, one of which was on the Extasy label.

Also, some interesting trivia: according to X no Sei to Shi (Taiji's autobiography), Taiji not only designed but also personally constructed most of the costumes from X's indies era, and also at that time came to be in charge of X's hair and makeup.  He specifically mentions coming up with the idea for Toshi's standing hairstyle and Pata's mohawk.
(Yeah, I know, I was surprised too.)

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: May 12, 2008, 06:00:45 PM
What I dislike about X:

-TOO MANY GODDAMN COMPILATIONS OF THE SAME. Dammit Yoshiki, if you wanna release compis then grab something old and do it, new material PLEASE, and this takes me to the next point:
-Yoshiki ignoring the past aligns of the band, Taiji, Jun, Hikaru, etc., when releasing compilations (except for Rose & Blood). If someone gave him numbers about how much he could earn releasing that shit, I think he'll do it to fill (MORE) his pockets.
-Trance X, holy SHIT that's gotta be the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life.
-Yoshiki's drum solos, too much drama.
-That they spend 20 minutes playing Orgasm. Good, fool around, throw stuff, but with 10 minutes it's ENOUGH, I think that after Yoshiki's drum solo dramas, that bores me the most.
-Yoshiki delaying Violet UK for almost a decade.
-Heath's late outfits, omfg those feathers are EVIL.
-Love Replica ruined by that crappy French poem, that's why I like SAVER TIGER's Session C better.

What I don't like about X fans:

-X are not Visual KEI nor the fathers of it, get over it.  
-Fangirls/boys. I don't have to explain.
-Idolizing Yoshiki, hide or whatever. THEY ARE NOT GODS, and yes, there can be people of any other country or from the same one that can be as good as or better than them.
-Thinking that hide was waaaaaaaaaAAAAaAaAay better than Pata. FALSE.
-"We want our old Tosheeh backz! Masaya u ev1l brainwushah." And what about Toshi wants? at the end it's pointless because we won't be able to know 100% of the truth.
-People ignoring indies and calling it shit. Hey, fuck White Poem I, Endless Dream and Right Now were better songs.

If anyone gets offended by what I say, I'm sorry, but I'm not directing my post to anyone, it's just my point of view.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: May 12, 2008, 06:19:52 PM
Quote from: "Radical Pan"

-X are not Visual KEI nor the fathers of it, get over it.

well I guess the interview i posted makes this wrong. Sadly. I hate saying they are the fathers of visual kei or something.

And well Visual Kei is just a commercial thing trying to find a discription of what these japanese bands connect and X Japan are the biggest example of it...

I don't really want to discuss visual kei but people just stop complaining about it

ok my point:

I dislike
- fans complaining about X Japan being called Visual Kei / the fathers of visual kei

:wink:

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: May 12, 2008, 06:22:01 PM
I don't like complaining about the same topic over and over again.

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: May 12, 2008, 06:27:36 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"

well I guess the interview i posted makes this wrong. Sadly. I hate saying they are the fathers of visual kei or something.

And well Visual Kei is just a commercial thing trying to find a discription of what these japanese bands connect and X Japan are the biggest example of it...

I don't really want to discuss visual kei but people just stop complaining about it

ok my point:

I dislike
- fans complaining about X Japan being called Visual Kei / the fathers of visual kei

Did you read my disclaimer? I'm not gonna repost the same thing I posted on your magazine thread over again, if you wanna take what I say personally, do it, but you're the one grabbing the finger to point it to yourself, I'M not the one making it personal.

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: May 12, 2008, 06:29:31 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"

ok my point:

I dislike

Did you read my disclaimer? I'm not gonna repost the same thing I posted on your magazine thread over again, if you wanna take what I say personally, do it, but you're the one grabbing the finger to point it to yourself, I'M not the one making it personal.

What? Personal? Did I miss something?

@ Matthias That's basically what i mean. X fans going on again and again about jrock and visual kei and how X japan is SO not part of it just gets on my nerves
Get over it people and just accept it

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline xkurokei

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/xkurokei/
Reply #190 on: May 13, 2008, 12:55:22 AM
What I dislike about X:
-Trance X, holy SHIT that's gotta be the worst thing I've ever heard in my entire life.

holy SHIT how could I forget THAT? D=
I HATE THAT!!

and I would like to add that I dislike... Toshi's healing songs.
I don't HATE them, but they are just not my type.
And I didn't say I want him to stop singing them.
They are just not my type.

Here comes hide!

Psychedelic Violence X Crime of Visual Shock

Offline RoseOfPain

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Reply #191 on: May 13, 2008, 01:01:56 AM
Quote from: "ferret"

I hate that Taiji had to leave the band. I'll NEVER get over it   :cry:
yeah, I dont like it either, but I cant stand the people who keep bitching to Taiji himself that he should re-join X Japan.

I'VE GOT EXTASY, BUT I FEEL THE TEAR IS FALLING DOWN

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: May 13, 2008, 03:18:05 AM
yeah, I dont like it either, but I cant stand the people who keep bitching to Taiji himself that he should re-join X Japan.

Now THAT I agree with 100%.

I'm starting to not like even the "it would be so cool if he re-joined X Japan" stuff, even when it's not directed towards Taiji himself.

He's not going back, these people need to get over it.  He blogged about his visit to the hide summit and did not so much as mention X Japan nor any of its living members.  That should be a clue.

And while, yeah, it's his life and he can do what he wants, honestly I would be a little disappointed in him if he went back to X Japan.  Because frankly I don't think it would be cool, I think it would be mean he has lost all pride and has completely given up on himself, his principles, and his individuality as a musician.

So there. :P

Offline Artseeker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: May 13, 2008, 09:26:15 AM
Quote from: "Hollywood"

Now THAT I agree with 100%.

I'm starting to not like even the "it would be so cool if he re-joined X Japan" stuff, even when it's not directed towards Taiji himself.

He's not going back, these people need to get over it.  He blogged about his visit to the hide summit and did not so much as mention X Japan nor any of its living members.  That should be a clue.

And while, yeah, it's his life and he can do what he wants, honestly I would be a little disappointed in him if he went back to X Japan.  Because frankly I don't think it would be cool, I think it would be mean he has lost all pride and has completely given up on himself, his principles, and his individuality as a musician.

So there. :P

COMPLETELY agree with you 8)

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: May 13, 2008, 09:38:52 AM
Quote from: "jigokugal"
That will be hard. For X Japan's stage performances (all stage design and lighting design), hmm...

That said, Screaming Mad George did some of the on-stage and props and stuff...

Thanks, guys! Now I have way more to go buy when searching.

And interesting that Taiji worked on early various designs!

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: May 13, 2008, 01:22:52 PM
What I dislike about X:

-TOO MANY GODDAMN COMPILATIONS OF THE SAME. Dammit Yoshiki, if you wanna release compis then grab something old and do it, new material PLEASE

Usually it's the record labels who put out all the compilations, especially if the artist no longer releases new stuff, so they have get money some way.

And what's wrong about idolizing? I think of Yoshiki as one of my idols, yet I can name people who I think are as good as him, or even better. Idolizing and thinking that someone is a god is definitely not the same thing.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #196 on: May 13, 2008, 01:50:34 PM
I like Trance X :D Though I don't like trance... Or that kind of music (except some house & cafe del mar stuff)... :P

And I don't like ppl complaining about X re-releasing stuff all the time... If you don't like it, don't buy it :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: May 13, 2008, 02:41:07 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"

And I don't like ppl complaining about X re-releasing stuff all the time... If you don't like it, don't buy it :P

Exactly! Nothing wrong for the management company/ producer or the artist to release more and more compilations. If don't like it don't buy.

What I dislike about X:
-Yoshiki ignoring the past aligns of the band, Taiji, Jun, Hikaru, etc., when releasing compilations (except for Rose & Blood). If someone gave him numbers about how much he could earn releasing that shit, I think he'll do it to fill (MORE) his pockets.

I see nothing wrong in this too. If the recompilations process is all by Yoshiki or his management, then it's what it should be, the money goes to him/ his management. And to re-release some more compilations of old songs is not THAT easy. Especially to ask the old friends to contribute again, as each of them has their own super busy schedule. Plus not to forget some more details such as administration, transportations (from LA-Tokyo whatever) and time. At the end of the day, the expenses are just way too much. If Yoshiki has the copyright of the song, then he's basically free to do whatever he wants.

And, I'm getting disliking this thread as it gets more negative.

jigokugal

Offline Radical Pan

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: May 13, 2008, 02:48:03 PM
Quote from: "jigokugal"

And, I'm getting disliking this thread as it gets more negative.

This thread IS negative, come on, it's called "I don't like", and I make emphasis on the I and the don't. If you people don't like others to rant or whatever about the same or yadda yadda, then close it! is as easy as 2 clicks. First someone creates a thread to bitch, and drama drama when you don't like it. This IS a thread to complain, if not, then I don't understand why it's called like that.

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: May 13, 2008, 03:00:57 PM
This is 'I don't like thread' so I'm free and entitle to say anything I dislike including 'I'm getting disliking this thread bla bla bla.'

duh. =.=;;

jigokugal

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: May 14, 2008, 05:33:31 AM
Quote from: "Artseeker"
COMPLETELY agree with you 8)

Wow, it's not just me then?  Right on! 8)

Quote from: "Saint(c)"
I dislike that this thread is about to reach 10 pages soon.

And the more people post about how much they dislike the thread, the faster it'll reach 20 pages. ;)

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #201 on: May 17, 2008, 05:47:23 PM
The girl in the Celebration video.

Sorry but eww, having an 8-year-old girl in that ruins the video for me.  WHY OH WHY couldn't they have some hot 18-or-older babe instead?  Change the kid to a sexy young lady and that video instantly becomes 50 million times greater.

Come on, it's a metal video!  Babe please! :mrgreen:

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: May 17, 2008, 05:50:04 PM
Well there was Yoshiki...and the ladies in their videos have never been that attractive imo  :?

RIP

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: May 17, 2008, 06:04:20 PM
Totally agree, and I actually suspect those two points may be related.

Maybe Yoshiki didn't want to be out-babed-- I mean, he IS the hottest babe in every X video... :twisted:

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: May 17, 2008, 06:09:41 PM
You made a good point, Hollywood XD Sounds really logical °_° Really.
I can imagine this well ... XD;

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline Uncontrol

• Filesharers
  • Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #205 on: May 23, 2008, 10:38:13 AM

Sorry but eww, having an 8-year-old girl in that ruins the video for me.  WHY OH WHY couldn't they have some hot 18-or-older babe instead?  Change the kid to a sexy young lady and that video instantly becomes 50 million times greater.

Come on, it's a metal video!  Babe please! :mrgreen:

Meh.

I just hate the fuckin' mom, man.

Every time she rips up the daughter's X stuff, I get this awful feeling in my stomach. Ugh

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: May 23, 2008, 02:10:57 PM

seconded

and i dislike X posters being ripped off wall D: blasphemous

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: May 23, 2008, 07:19:37 PM
Quote from: "Babak"
I dislike fanboy/girls who:

- ...put words in the mouth of the members. None of us knows what a member wants or doesn't want unless they said it to us.

- ...spread rumors about any of the members they don't have any fucking proof for. You don't know anything about the members and their life, you really don't.

Agreed. That is actually what bugs me the most. I just don't get the point of spreading rumours like hide had a child / Toshi was brainwashed / Yoshiki dated Paris Hilton or whatsoever. People have private lives and we have nothing to do with that. After all why do we even like this band? For what they do on Saturday nights or for their music?

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline radicalblues

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: May 30, 2008, 04:56:58 AM
The girl in the celebration video is freaking hardcore, she has the Vanishing Vision LP!

Offline xScQ

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • We are U.N.I.T.E.D!
Reply #209 on: May 30, 2008, 07:46:31 PM
LOL. Well the sketch wasn't too bad, not a bad idea, but the voices were just stupid. And those posters ripped...  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: