• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

The "I dont like ..." Thread

BizKiTRoAcH · 86126

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: February 19, 2008, 05:19:58 PM
Oh, not really, hide and Yoshiki fanatics are equally annoying  :wink:

I don't really like Yoshiki's attitude and the way he does things, but I like most of the thing he does (-lyrics).

RIP

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: February 19, 2008, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: "ferret"
Oh, not really, hide and Yoshiki fanatics are equally annoying  :wink:

:shock:

Everywhere there flows...... BLUE BLOOD!!

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/363181252
Reply #152 on: February 19, 2008, 07:30:42 PM
I think the thing that bothers me about VV's cover is that they're messing with her boobs.  I mean, if they just HAVE to show a bloody X cut into a woman, I'd at least rather it's on her back or something.  Boobs are beautiful, man... be kind to boobs! :(

And I really don't mind sunglasses.  I actually wear sunglasses at night, but being Italian, I have an excuse for it at least. 8)

(Hahaha, what's this about Yoshiki's whistle-moaning?  What song is that in?)

Quote from: "ferret"
Quote from: "Hollywood"

It was about Egyptian mythology and eyeball licking.

You, my friend, win the internet.

Why thank you. :twisted:

About the Yoshiki genius thing, I agree with you on some points but disagree on others.  Frankly I'm not musically "educated" enough to even know whether he's the best composer ever or something, but I don't bother with stuff like that anyway-- I don't know if he's the greatest, but I know what I like.  So for me personally, I wouldn't mind calling him a "genius" in the sense that he wrote a lot of my favorite songs (and of course I consider those songs to be works of genius, or they wouldn't be my favorites ;)).  But is he a god?  Hell no!  Do I love everything he's ever done and every choice he's ever made with X?  Hell no!  For me he's just a really interesting guy who writes really kickass songs.  Though I personally will rarely listen to his ballads by choice.  They're beautiful songs and all that, but I don't much listen to "beautiful songs", I prefer rock.

And I LOVE his epic high drama thing!  Absolutely, it's completely over-the-top to the point that it at times borders on camp-- but that's why I love it.  It's like Shakespeare meets Meat Loaf.  It's like Yoshiki was consciously trying to reach the absolute highest level of drama humanly possible, and I personally see his whole public persona as a kind of performance art.  The princess costumes, the banging on the piano keys, the multiorgasmic death-sex drum solos... to me that's all part of it.  And while there are times I can't help but laugh about some of his English lyrics, the weirdest part of it all is that, for me at least, when you hear those songs-- they work.  I really do find them somehow transcendental.  You hear that stuff performed and it's like an apocalyptic, balls-to-the-wall celebration of pain, death, sex, love-- and ultimately, of life.

And that's why I don't like the absence of sex and violence in Dahlia.  I guess it's more mature, but it's so much less alive.  For me X was about the extremes of life and they don't reach nearly those highs and lows in Dahlia.

color=darkred]STAND UP!  FUCK UP![/color]

Offline Hurley

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: February 19, 2008, 08:55:17 PM
And I LOVE his epic high drama thing!  Absolutely, it's completely over-the-top to the point that it at times borders on camp-- but that's why I love it.  It's like Shakespeare meets Meat Loaf.  It's like Yoshiki was consciously trying to reach the absolute highest level of drama humanly possible, and I personally see his whole public persona as a kind of performance art.  The princess costumes, the banging on the piano keys, the multiorgasmic death-sex drum solos... to me that's all part of it.  And while there are times I can't help but laugh about some of his English lyrics, the weirdest part of it all is that, for me at least, when you hear those songs-- they work.  I really do find them somehow transcendental.  You hear that stuff performed and it's like an apocalyptic, balls-to-the-wall celebration of pain, death, sex, love-- and ultimately, of life.

And that's why I don't like the absence of sex and violence in Dahlia.  I guess it's more mature, but it's so much less alive.  For me X was about the extremes of life and they don't reach nearly those highs and lows in Dahlia.

Ah well, if you put it like that, I guess you're right :D Really well said.

Mod color o' mine

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: February 19, 2008, 09:38:03 PM
Talking of Yoshiki... well.. I think it's hard to describe... that's why I made that 'shocked'-smiley to ferret's comment xD
I'd say it would be a lie when I would say I'm not a 'Yoshiki fanatic'... however if I want it or not... in some way I am.
To me he is no god... I don't care whether he's a musical genius or not - I'm no musical scientist or something anyway. To me it's just the way he is. I don't think he's a perfect person. All that would rather frighten me away than being attracting to me. That is, I rather care for the feeling he expresses, both, with his music and with his character. It's some kind of magic which he has. I'd say I 'understand' somehow the music he makes and that is what is precious to me. (or maybe i got it totally wrong, but I don't anyone to destroy that picture unless Yoshiki tells me personally that I'm wrong :P). He can also be a nutcase sometimes - but well, that is something that makes him being human and I rather laugh about such situations but being angry about it and then again there are also things he does I totally dislike (okay, okay, one smile of him and that's forgiven anyway :?  - he's a brat, right?)

So far about the annoying Yoshiki-fanatics... thanX for reading  :lol:

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: February 20, 2008, 07:27:55 PM
Quote from: "Hurley"

Ah well, if you put it like that, I guess you're right :D Really well said.

Thanks!  But I don't need to be right or wrong ;), after all, it could be that you see something in Dahlia which I haven't found yet.

Oh yeah, and to add to my list of what I don't like: fangirls at the SKIN concert screaming for "Yo-SHEECKY". :P

(But most of them were screaming for Gackt and Miyavi anyway.)

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #156 on: February 20, 2008, 11:52:59 PM
I don't like that they never recorded Stop Bloody Rain for a full length. That sure is one killer track! And that they haven't played Vanishing Love since 1992 (if my memory serves me correctly, that is).
I don't like that Pata didn't record more solo albums like Pata and Raised On Rock, those two records definitely beat the crap out of anything the other guys recorded as solo albums, ESPECIALLY hide's solo stuff, which I hate with a passion.

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline Arucard

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://j-metal.ueuo.com
Reply #157 on: February 21, 2008, 10:19:13 PM
Quote from: "Envenom"
I don't like that Pata didn't record more solo albums like Pata and Raised On Rock.

Completely agree with that... Those albums are really great stuff... In my opinion far better than any hide solo album... And yet people praise hide as a genious and completely forget about Pata... That's something else I hate...

img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e396/Erocard/Clipboard01-4.jpg[/img]

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: February 21, 2008, 10:42:43 PM
Quote from: "Arucard"
And yet people praise hide as a genious and completely forget about Pata... That's something else I hate...

Oh yeah, people ignoring Pata is a peeve of mine too.  Or assuming hide was a "better" guitarist, etc.  (Personally I don't care who's "better", I like them both.)

I do like hide's solo stuff however, especially back when it was really creepy and weird (Hide Your Face, etc.).

And I don't like fangirls complaining about Pata's chest hair.

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
  • Beware of the toxic kitten!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/violet_camicat
Reply #159 on: February 21, 2008, 10:55:44 PM

RIGHT!!! :shock:

And I don't like, that there are more compilations than studio albums. :twisted:

mod mode

And out of the chaos I heard a voice telling me:
"Smile and be happy - it could have become worse!"
So I smiled and was happy... and it became worse

Offline Envenom

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: February 22, 2008, 02:24:29 AM

Oh yeah, people ignoring Pata is a peeve of mine too.  Or assuming hide was a "better" guitarist, etc.  (Personally I don't care who's "better", I like them both.)

Then you can ask: what makes a better guitarist? I'd take Tony Iommi over Steve Vai any day, though almost everyone will say that Vai is the better guitarist. That said, all of them are amateurs compared to Alan Jones (Pagan Altar guitarist), haha!

Pata's records are awesome. Those albums sound like the stuff I grew up with, hehe.

http://www.myspace.com/sunrisehmsh

SUNRISE: the heavy metal benchpressing maniacs running wild!

Offline dianne_dejarjayes

• Big fan
  • ~Bring X JAPAN to INDONESIA~
    • View Profile
    • Dianne Dejarjayes
Reply #161 on: February 22, 2008, 08:32:38 AM
I hate Love replica
I hate miscast no conection
I hate watch some PV (mostly from dalia album)

Offline Maverick

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: February 22, 2008, 09:18:35 AM
I'd take Tony Iommi over Steve Vai any day, though almost everyone will say that Vai is the better guitarist.

I take Joe Satriani over Steve Vai  :lol:
And about Pata, I think it depends - I know many X fans who also take Pata over hide's skills. I think hide's skills are more to make a show out of everything, but Pata - that's pure guitar skills.

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #163 on: February 22, 2008, 11:04:55 AM
Pata's solo works ROX MY GRANNY SOX! :D

And Ra:IN is just pure awesomeness in my opinion :D

This is my administrator color.

Offline Arucard

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://j-metal.ueuo.com
Reply #164 on: February 22, 2008, 10:36:28 PM
Quote from: "Maverick"
I'd take Tony Iommi over Steve Vai any day, though almost everyone will say that Vai is the better guitarist.

I take Joe Satriani over Steve Vai  :lol:
And about Pata, I think it depends - I know many X fans who also take Pata over hide's skills. I think hide's skills are more to make a show out of everything, but Pata - that's pure guitar skills.

And I'd take Zakk Wylde over all the ones you guys just mentioned...  :twisted:

I think exactly that you said Maverick... In my opinion Pata is a more skilled guitarist than hide was... hide was a great showman...

And yeah, Ra:IN is amazing... And that Pata's P.A.F. group was just as great... But nothing beats Pata's solo albuns...

And just so my post don't become off-topic, I hate the fact that Jun never released an official album with X...

And I hate the tranparent guitar Pata uses on 1900.02.04...

img]http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e396/Erocard/Clipboard01-4.jpg[/img]

Offline Skooter

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
Reply #165 on: March 30, 2008, 09:34:40 PM

Pata has chest hair? I never knew XD.

Things that annoy me about X-Japan:
- fans who over-idolize hide. I love the guy too, I like a lot of his solo work and personally I'm a huge fan of his visual style, no matter what era. I even love his attention-whoring XD. But there's a limit to how godlike he can be.

- the ballads. SO MUCH DRAMA. I don't mind when they have overdramatic sequences in songs like Week End, I even love it in them. But in most of the ballads it's just more than I can bear. What annoys me most is the sheer number of them on Dahlia.

- I hated Seth and Holth, and I also HATE Yoshiki's nearly-naked pictures. I'm a girl, I like looking at hot guys, I've been known to fangirl now and then but those pictures FREAK ME OUT.

- And yeah, Pata-ignoring is AWFUL. It's hard to give him as much attention as a lot of the other members though (as in, during lives), he's just not as showy XD.

(edited a typo out =p)

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: March 30, 2008, 09:44:05 PM
Skooter, I like you! :twisted:

Uhm, okay... I don't complain about some nude pictures and Seth et Holth, but the rest of it: second that!

mod mode

Offline ferret

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: April 21, 2008, 10:31:18 AM
Having just stumbling across it on youtube (again), I must say I really REALLY hate the Film Gig from 1993.

Fakest thing X-Japan have ever done, it's so effing painful to watch. Toshi is probably the only good thing about that "concert".

RIP

Offline Dahlia

• View Profile
Reply #168 on: April 25, 2008, 09:20:14 AM
X-Japan Rock my world okay?

Forever Love

Forever Rock

Offline Maya

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: April 25, 2008, 09:41:59 AM
I don't like

... people claiming Toshi is some kind of singer god - because he isn't. xD
... people ignoring Pata ;.;

About X itself I dislike
... Love Replica
... some live performances. Mostly the vocals. XD

I like the older ballads more than the new ones ... I don't dislike Forever Love, Tears, Longing, ... but imo they are ... I don't think "boring" or "standard" would fit here xD;; I don't really know how to express. I don't listen to them very often. I'm happy when Tears is played live, but usually I don't listen to it.

And I HATE White Poem I. I could take my PC and throw it out of my window, listening to this ......... thing.
(But I don't listen to it anymore, so ... alright xD)

Wild passion~

"C'mon Yoshiki, you can do this ... if you do it fast, maybe noone notices it's happening ..."
"Eeeek, he kissed me xD"

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
Reply #170 on: April 25, 2008, 09:47:16 AM
Aah I love Love Replica (I was seriously thinking of playing that in my wedding as the opening waltz... but I dunno if I'll ever get married xD ) and White Poem is awesome too :P

Sorry for the offtopic,
About the band, I don't like... The 10 year disbandment period :P

This is my administrator color.

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: April 25, 2008, 09:52:53 AM
Quote from: Arucard
And I hate the tranparent guitar Pata uses on 1900.02.04...

Pata is over a hundred years old? :wink:

Offline MiscastDice

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: April 25, 2008, 09:56:04 AM
How have I not posted on this thread before??

I don't like how there's no sex or violence in the Dahlia album.
And I know I sound like a freak for putting it like that, but you know what I mean and I bet a lot of you feel the same. :P  How did we get from "Love Violence Sexy Scandal" to "dry your tears with love", huh?

But for some reason I'm also not a huge fan of the cover of Vanishing Vision.  I know that's hypocritical but deal with it.  I fucking LOVE that album, I like the aggression and the crazy lyrics, but that painting's kinda nasty.  I respect it as piece of shock art though, which I know is the whole point.

I hate when people listen only to the ballads and then say that the band is so calm and peaceful and "healing" or whatever.  I dunno, I'll Kill You is not what I'd call a "healing" song... (and even during the Dahlia time they were not THAT calm and peaceful!).

I don't at all like the notion that (as ferret said in an earlier post) Yoshiki and Toshi are the only ones who count and everyone else is entirely replacable.  Yoshiki and Toshi are the founders, sure, and Yoshiki's the leader, but-- even aside of band chemistry and all that-- the other members have always been credited as full members of the band.  This is not "X consists of Yoshiki and Toshi" (that's a reference to "B'z consists of Tak Matsumoto and Kohshi Inaba", which appeared on all the older B'z albums, because they were the only non-support members of the band).

And I agree with the others here who are sick of the hide over-mourning.  Great albums, very very cool musician, real shame he's not around anymore, but 24/7 nonstop weepy emo hide mourning is not my idea of a cool hobby.  And quit it with the angel wings.  That's tasteless even by MY low standards.

Also on the topic of hide and angel wings: people, Seth et Holth was not about "beautiful angels" or whatever some clueless person wrote on Wikipedia.  It was about Egyptian mythology and eyeball licking.

I don't like Toshi's vocoder distortion thing (on songs like Dahlia, IV, etc.).  His voice rocks, why distort it?

I'm sick of fans who worship Yoshiki and/or hide like they're gods.  And yeah, it's always Yoshiki and hide.  Though if there's some blog somewhere for people who believe Pata is the second coming of Jesus (well, what about the hair?)... I want to see it! 8)

...And given time I'm sure I'll be adding to this list. :P

And I agree with everything you say here. If I could press a button and every single fucking one of those angel wings pics vanished, I would with no regrets.

Offline friday

• Moderators
  • Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: April 25, 2008, 10:07:21 AM
I don't like the racial prejudice that the band (and other bands that are of non english speaking backgrounds) recieves from stupid, ignorant shitheads...

I also don't like the fact that many "fans" only like the band (and other Japanese bands, L'arc, Dir en grey etc) for that reason. That they are Japanese. Music is the universal language, it shouldn't matter if they are from Japan, Cuba, Iceland or wherever...

The things i don't like about the band... The compilations issue annoys me a bit... And i wish Yoshiki didn't cut his hair... But apart from that, nothing really :P

MODERATOR'd!

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: April 25, 2008, 11:55:28 AM
Yeah! I agree on the racist point! Racism sucks - no matter in which direction!

Oh and I don't care really much, but I'd also like to see Yoshiki with long hair again, ahaha! :D
Oh, and I don't like that I'm jealous about his charisma! That guy is a witch! Want that, too! (I don't mean, that I want to look like him, it's just about the charisma... :roll:)

mod mode

Offline Sirimono

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: April 25, 2008, 02:50:21 PM
Quote from: "Hypno"
Aah I love Love Replica (I was seriously thinking of playing that in my wedding as the opening waltz...

wanna marry me?

Oh there's so much I dislike about X! But the worst are for me fangirls and anti-fangirls/boys
Both suck just as hard. Go die.

Stop caring only for looks when it comes to a fucking band and stop hating for liking the looks for the bandmembers too

„All images are posted under the fair rights agreement. Copyright belongs to the respective owners.“

Offline jigokugal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: April 25, 2008, 04:31:12 PM
Quote from: "Sirimono"

But the worst are for me fangirls and anti-fangirls/boys
Both suck just as hard. Go die.

Stop caring only for looks when it comes to a fucking band...

exactly! that sux big time!
And
- ppl who hate this band because of their looks as well!
- ppl who judge this band based on 1 or 3 clips in youtube, most debated, the drum solo.
- fangirls or boys that get over fanatic who say 'X Japan shouldn't reunite without hide'

jigokugal

Offline VioletCamicat

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: April 25, 2008, 05:43:43 PM
Yay! Nice post, Babak! I think I agree on all points and I totally hope that I didn't act like you described it in your list, hahaha! :lol:

I can only guess about things anyway...

mod mode

Offline Hollywood

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: April 25, 2008, 05:49:04 PM
Quote from: "MiscastDice"
If I could press a button and every single fucking one of those angel wings pics vanished, I would with no regrets.

Oh yeah, me too.  Same goes for the halos. :P

And...
Quote from: "friday"
I also don't like the fact that many "fans" only like the band (and other Japanese bands, L'arc, Dir en grey etc) for that reason. That they are Japanese. Music is the universal language, it shouldn't matter if they are from Japan, Cuba, Iceland or wherever...

Totally agree with this!

And I agree with everything Babak said, especially:
Quote from: "Babak"
- ...act as if they know any members of the group. No you don't know them even if you have seen every single available clip of them. You just don't.

- ...put words in the mouth of the members. None of us knows what a member wants or doesn't want unless they said it to us.

Hell yes.  Well said!

Offline Matilda in Oz

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: May 12, 2008, 03:18:29 PM
I get frustrated that they are so difficult to google. There's fansite after fansite that keep repeating themselves or copying each other's basic and often misleading or starry-eyed texts, so to get real information is not easy.

I'm a huge fan of the visual and somewhat psychedelic aspect of X Japan and wouldn't mind knowing more about who designed the clothes and how the lighting was done and where they generally got their ideas from, and what else those people surrounding X have done since, that could be worth checking out.

So, for me, to see them is part of the whole impression as much as to listen to them. I know others differ, but I experience their performance as a complete work of art rather than just music, so every toss of hide's weird hair, every leather-squeaking leaning forward of Toshi to get that voice into high pitch and etc is an important part of it.