X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Headwax suing Yoshiki for using hide's image in concerts?

Sander · 34110

Offline Sander

• Administrator
  • Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
    • X-Freaks
http://www.nikkansports.com/entertainment/news/f-et-tp0-20100816-666434.html

It looks like Headwax, a company owned by hide's brother Hiroshi, that owns all copyright to hide's work, is suing X Japan and Yoshiki for using hide's images (both on screen and as a hologram) without a contract. There is a possibility that as an outcome, X Japan won't be able to use hide at their concerts any more and he might be forced to "leave" the band.

Another version of the translation is that Headwax is suing for use of hide dolls. That makes less sense, but I really don't know any Japanese and there is only so much I can make out of the online translator.

Anyway, Headwax is suing X Japan and Yoshiki for some kind of hide-usage, without a contract.

This is my administrator color.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 12:06:02 AM
LOL what an asshole company! not only because they sue yoshiki to use hide images.. no they even sue him to use hide material which were taken in X JAPAN activities (so actually yoshiki owns the right for this material...?).. ... I never liked that company, but THIS is getting ridiculous.. all what they want is money! a piece of the hide-cake. *facepalm*

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 12:25:31 AM
That's a fucking disgrace. If hide's brother is the owner, he should be thoroughly ashamed of this; imagine what hide would think...this is disgusting. I hope if it goes anywhere that Yoshiki will win and not interrupt his life/the rest of the band's rocky World Tour when it seems to be FINALLY off to a great start. Fuck those assholes, die in a fire.  (Sorry for the language but this REALLY pissed me off...)

And yes, Yoshiki should be the owner of the footage/playbacks since they are from X/X Japan's concerts. As for the hologram, I don't think they really have a legitimate case, I mean...they're saying they technically own the image of hide. The dolls on the other hand is the ONLY thing I can see a controversy over because perhaps Headwax makes the dolls and if they are flaunting them at concerts like at the end with the big hide doll, then MAYBE that's the only thing. Here's what's got me confused, if Headwax is creating such a fuss about this, then how is Yoshiki able to have hide's guitars present on the stage during the PV films? Or are those just Fernandes replicas. Fuck, I would hate to be the lawyers battling this one out...what a pathetic fucking case. Money grabbing scum.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 12:36:07 AM by Feudal »

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 12:40:47 AM
I'm lost for words! DISGUSTING! *goes and washes out vomit from mouth*

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 12:44:10 AM
Fuck yeah, Hiroshi!

Both sides only want to make money with hide. It's a quite stupid fight.

(my post disappeared?)

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 12:49:43 AM
Fuck yeah, Hiroshi!

Both sides only want to make money with hide. It's a quite stupid fight.

(my post disappeared?)

I'm confused, it seems like you don't have a problem with what they are doing...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 12:59:58 AM
No. I don't have any problem with what they are doing.

I'm a hide fan. Really. But just for being a hide fan, I think that is REALLY disrespectful what X does to him.

I have a problem with they using hide to make more money like Yoshiki is doing, using hide on concerts just to please the hide fans and sell them even more hide stuff.  Using his images and playback on reunion concerts in 2008 was REALLY awesome, it was a unique moment. UNIQUE moment. Make each concert seems like a hide tribute is obviously marketing.

I noticed that on this forum people like to say "hide would like this", or "hide would not like this". I think he would like to see X reunited. But he wouldn't like to see they using him like they are doing.

Hiroshi is also stupid about this. He also sells hide as much as he can, with massive albuns with compilations and so much other stuff which has "hide".

Unfortunately on a sue one side needs to win. For me, both sides should lose. What both (Yoshiki and Hiroshi) do to hide is disrespectful.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 01:10:31 AM
he might be forced to "leave" the band.

lol.

PARTY HARD

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 01:11:20 AM
I don't think that Yoshiki uses hide to earn money.
And  don't think that wanting to please hide's fans is the same as wanting to earn money.
But I'm not willing to disagree with anyone on this. It's my opinion and I respect the fact that others believe something else.

However, I think Hiroshi's use of him is a lot worse. Even if I were to accept that Yoshiki is also using hide's image for money then I still have to say...Hiroshi is worse.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 01:15:01 AM
It would be nice if they all could just let hide rest in peace.

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 01:17:21 AM
No. I don't have any problem with what they are doing.

I'm a hide fan. Really. But just for being a hide fan, I think that is REALLY disrespectful what X does to him.

I have a problem with they using hide to make more money like Yoshiki is doing, using hide on concerts just to please the hide fans and sell them even more hide stuff.  Using his images and playback on reunion concerts in 2008 was REALLY awesome, it was a unique moment. UNIQUE moment. Make each concert seems like a hide tribute is obviously marketing.

I noticed that on this forum people like to say "hide would like this", or "hide would not like this". I think he would like to see X reunited. But he wouldn't like to see they using him like they are doing.

Hiroshi is also stupid about this. He also sells hide as much as he can, with massive albuns with compilations and so much other stuff which has "hide".

Unfortunately on a sue one side needs to win. For me, both sides should lose. What both (Yoshiki and Hiroshi) do to hide is disrespectful.

Sorry I completely disagree with you. Explain to me how it is disrespectful to have hide playback or shown on the screen when he will always be part of the band spiritually? I don't think they are using hide as marketing to make tons of money and to prove this to you, there has been less and less hide visuals as time goes on. Look at their website XJapanlive.com, look at the bottom, do you see hide down there? I don't. They're phasing it out. You have to understand that it is the Japanese fans/maniac fan girls who demand hide's presence. Could you imagine the uprising from the fans if hide wasn't shown? Yoshiki is doing this to please the fans...I'm pretty sure 95%+ would still attend their shows if hide wasn't even shown once.

You saying they shouldn't be using him like they're doing is pretty silly. They're showing footage of him during X Japan concerts...he's part of them, don't you get it?

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 01:26:24 AM
You saying they shouldn't be using him like they're doing is pretty silly. They're showing footage of him during X Japan concerts...he's part of them, don't you get it?

No. Dead people can't play.

Use his image ONCE is a nice tribute. Use his image and playback EVERY FUCKING CONCERT, even when they DO have anybody ALIVE to play LEAD GUITAR (the main instrument on a rock band) is disrespectful to him, and even more to Sugizo.

I understand the part of hide being "part of them". On the PVs, I really like the guitar on the stage. Simple and touching. Even better than playbacks every fucking song and hide appearing more than everybody on the concerts.

At least on Yokohama concerts we had less hide.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 01:32:38 AM
I think now ends with playbacks of hide.
Sugizo now can touch the solos so do not want to stop the hide on the screens.

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 01:34:15 AM
What's wrong with having him on screen, Joker?

Ok I can understand why you don't like playbacks, but what's wrong with the screen?

PARTY HARD

Offline roseofpain84

• Fan
  • [X Japan] and [Harry Potter] obsessed.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 01:37:15 AM
Yes, that's what people mean when they say that they are phasing it down.
Like you said, in Yokohoma there was less hide.
Phasing it down.

Also, I've never been on an X live but I have to say that what makes a band my favourite and what would make me personally enjoy a live is not simply the perfect techniques, the great skillz and the use or not of playbacks.
It's the atmosphere, the emotions and the vibes I get from the members.
Whether I watch from my PC screen or if I ever get the opportunity to actually see them live....these are the things I will always value the most.
To you it might seem disrespectful, to me and many others it is emotional, it is a tribute, it is great.
Say whatever you want about lives and about hating playbacks.
It's not that I believe that playbacks should be used in a live....it's that under these circumstances I am OK with it.
Many others are OK with it.
When hide was on screen for Kurenai the screams, shouts and excitement from the audience multiplied. I think for every person who hates on t he playbacks there are at least 2 more who want them there.

Mind you, I'm OK with you disagreeing on this. Fine, you want no playbacks, you want everything to be 100% live. That's great, I respect that and I don't entirely disagree.

However, I flat out hate the way you are expressing it.
I find it completely insulting to everyone who loves the band and who has a different opinion than you.

Yeah, I'm a Yoshiki fangirl. SUE ME.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: August 16, 2010, 01:41:35 AM
OK. IMO other bands have lost members tragically as well; Metallica, AC/DC, The Who etc. yet they do not parade their lost bandmates/friends image all over. So, it was nice and touching to show hide on the tribute concert and even now since it was a bit of a reunion, but after this a guitar on the stage would be enough. But this is just MY opinion.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:44:02 AM by Palma »

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 16, 2010, 01:43:57 AM
YU KUN I think it's cool he appeared on screens in songs like
Kurenai, endless rain, and forever love X
Now the playbacks is not like :)

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 16, 2010, 01:47:55 AM
The screens on concerts are usually made so that people from the background of the venue can see better the people performing, they don't pay their tickets to watch a HQ version of the Last Live.

hi there

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 16, 2010, 01:48:30 AM
OK. IMO other bands have lost members tragically as well; Metallica, AC/DC, The Who etc. yet they do not parade their lost bandmates/friends image all over. So, it was nice and touching to show hide on the tribute concert and even now since it was a bit of a reunion, but after this a guitar on the stage would be enough. But this is just MY opinion.

The difference in this situation is that hide was the biggest icon of rock and perhaps even music in general during the mid-late 90's in Japan. A legend was lost in the literal sense of the word.

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: August 16, 2010, 01:53:30 AM
Keith Moon was/ is a legend as well and so was Bon Scott...

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: August 16, 2010, 01:56:12 AM
Bon Scott is far mooooooooooooore legendary than hide, and so is Brian Jones too

hi there

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 01:58:41 AM
I forgot to mention John Bonham form Led Zeppelin

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline darkcat21

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 02:03:00 AM
John is different because the band disbanded after it (even if we never saw anything from him in the reunion concerts)

Syd Barrett is another cool example, Gilmour came and perfectly replaced him.

Fuck, even the Sex Pistols perform without the great Sid Vicious.

Anyway, don't want to turn this topic into a list of dead musicians, but that Yoshiki is the only one doing this shit proves that it is not something 'normal' to do. Maybe they're not getting any money, but it's something really stupid to do.

hi there

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:35 AM
John is different because the band disbanded after it (even if we never saw anything from him in the reunion concerts)

Syd Barrett is another cool example, Gilmour came and perfectly replaced him.

Fuck, even the Sex Pistols perform without the great Sid Vicious.

Anyway, don't want to turn this topic into a list of dead musicians, but that Yoshiki is the only one doing this shit proves that it is not something 'normal' to do. Maybe they're not getting any money, but it's something really stupid to do.

This was exactly my point!

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: August 16, 2010, 02:45:17 AM
Maybe the issue is with things like the new Pachinko machine where hide is featured. Surely Yoshiki has the copyright to X's audio and video catalogue...

Offline Palma

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 03:17:57 AM
Maybe the issue is with things like the new Pachinko machine where hide is featured. Surely Yoshiki has the copyright to X's audio and video catalogue...
Maybe...

BTW, what do you have against chickens?  ;)

I am NOT a fangirl!

Offline Niwatorinator

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 04:11:30 AM
Maybe...

BTW, what do you have against chickens?  ;)

lol, no they're awesome... and delicious!

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 10:09:44 AM
From xradicaldreamers

"Hear Japan , a company sells That mp3 of Japanese bands, Replied To Our tweet with the lawsuit news, Saying this:

It's more about revenge because Yoshiki bankrupted their entire corporation with his antics."

https://twitter.com/HearJapan

Offline Yu~Kun

• Big fan
    • View Profile
    • The Reverse Trail
Reply #28 on: August 16, 2010, 10:44:01 AM
Why do I feel like we're missing the point ?

And lol, some people are REALLY fed up with hide's face here.

lol, whatever, I hope I just get a chance to see AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE X Japan live and TRUST me I won't give a flying **** whether hide is less legendary than Keith Moon or whatever. I love X Japan, and i WANT them to have some kind of hide tribute on the screen because I didn't have the chance to see X Japan more than a hundred times lately, so yeah that would be something NEW to me.

And to stay on topic, whether someone likes the fact that hide is on screen or not, what Headwax is planning to do is a whole different story. To me, it is just embarassing and insulting towards hide himself, his fans, X Japan, AND to X Japan fans who even don't really like what's going on with hide.

PARTY HARD

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: August 16, 2010, 10:46:33 AM
And to stay on topic, whether someone likes the fact that hide is on screen or not, what Headwax is planning to do is a whole different story. To me, it is just embarassing and insulting towards hide himself, his fans, X Japan, AND to X Japan fans who even don't really like what's going on with hide.
Finally, someone sees sense!