• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: July 02, 2010, 09:32:44 AM

enjoy

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: July 02, 2010, 09:39:30 AM
Thanks kazooms, also the acoustic version of I.V. is on the same YouTube Channel:

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: July 02, 2010, 09:51:49 AM
Ah so they only played the opening of the song, still so far it sounds good, vocal lines are awesome, though so far I don't like the guitar work, I can see Sugizo doing that random strum down on the guitar constantly that new modern bands do, Yoshiki really shouldn't be trying to copy every single thing about new bands just to get fame if its going to mean sacrificing talented & well thought out song writing.

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: July 02, 2010, 09:54:53 AM
^ Don't make too many assumptions before we get better audio. Also, that was pre-recorded audio, so Sugizo mightn't have even been playing what is going to be heard.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: July 02, 2010, 09:58:13 AM
I do make too many assumptions sometimes yes, but I didn't hear any kind of riff at all, so I definatly think what Sugizo was playing in the video was real.

Offline rafaelo

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: July 02, 2010, 10:27:06 AM
thank you very much by the links

Offline Ralliart

• View Profile
Reply #36 on: July 02, 2010, 10:38:11 AM

Check out the full version of "Born to be free"

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: July 02, 2010, 10:41:34 AM
Thanks Ralliart!

Hah, interesting song, nice strings part...I LIKE IT  ;D
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:45:55 AM by mC »

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: July 02, 2010, 10:48:14 AM
i  mean like there arnt really "sad" parts to it....just a simple piano intro and a piano interlude. think more like silent jealousy lite version. it sounds like pata helped out with the song....it seems more like it would appear in his solo works.

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: July 02, 2010, 10:50:26 AM
I'm at work, so I can't listen to it right now, but thanks for all the updates. So just that I get it right, only the beginning auf Born to be free was played, right?

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:06 AM
Okay, so I was completely wrong about their being no riffs XD.

I think its a great song, and while they don't exactly have a solo, it seems instead at that section they play the riff heavier and add a little more complexity to it. I think the song sounds awesome, I do think that for the first two thirds of the song the vocals could vary a bit more though.

I'm just happy that X have written a happy sounding song again.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:55:25 AM by Ulquiorra »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #41 on: July 02, 2010, 10:52:28 AM
I'm at work, so I can't listen to it right now, but thanks for all the updates. So just that I get it right, only the beginning auf Born to be free was played, right?
The whole song was played, and someone has it uploaded to YouTube, links in the first post :D

I think its a great song, and while they don't exactly have a solo, it seems instead at that section they play the riff heavier and add a little more complexity to it. I think the song sounds awesome, I do think that for the first two thirds of the song the vocals could vary a bit more though.
I think the song structure is quite interesting...doesn't seem to be much of the verse - chorus thing going on...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:54:12 AM by mC »

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: July 02, 2010, 10:59:01 AM
random tidbits: the x japan game....its actually a pachinko machine XD

And at one point the dj was playing voiceless screaming...he must of not gotten the memo that they dont play that song anymore lol

Toshis English is surprisngly good! He threw water on the crowd in front of him and then tossed the bottle...and it was headed for my girlfriend but the bottle curved a lil to the right of us and someone behind us a lil caught it. I was so close! Sugizo was the only one to throw his pick into the crowd.   

EDIT: More Tidbits...

TOEI ANIMATION didnt show any previews of Dragon Ball & One Piece. The only anime that was previewed  was Black Rock Shooter.

There wasnt a presentation of any new Yoshikitty dolls/merchandise although one of the masquerade winners did receive yoshkitty flip flops.

(Those possibly because the event was behind schedule)

Yoshiki didnt announce or even speak of the new album which I found odd since August is right around the corner.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:23:36 AM by Snapback »

Offline mC

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: July 02, 2010, 11:00:34 AM
Thanks Snapback...again!...

The full I.V. song has been uploaded....very impressive vocals Toshi!

« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 11:06:36 AM by mC »

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: July 02, 2010, 11:56:22 AM
Yep Toshi's vocals are great on that.

Hopefully someone else has recorded a version of Born to Be Free that's clearer, with anyone shouting over the song.

Offline Beauty/Broken

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #45 on: July 02, 2010, 12:01:56 PM
Born to be free is still a demo, drum recording is Midi again :P So I think this answers a few questions regarding the state of Yoshiki's drum recording.

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #46 on: July 02, 2010, 12:28:03 PM
goddamn, born to be free rocks!! very catchy song!! of course.. no metal.. but it's a good JROCK song. good piece, yoshiki! I have goosebumps all over my body D:

shane140

Reply #47 on: July 02, 2010, 02:07:17 PM
Born to be free is great! Could do without the piano section but never the less, still great.Much better than Jade and I.V.

Here's a somewhat better quality version of I.V.

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: July 02, 2010, 02:13:08 PM
I has found a much better quality version!

Sugizo's mini solo sounds awesome, much better than Jade and I.V. Unfortununatly this HQ version reveals that they've got some woman to talk over the entire string section, completely taking all power out of that section before Toshi starts singing the final verse. Who on earth thinks her talking sounds good? It sounds horrible. They could have at least gotten Toshi to do it, wish Yoshiki would stop trying to bring his Violet UK team into X.

The string section from the mobile phone recordings sounded so awesome, it was a trick XD.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 02:33:55 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: July 02, 2010, 02:48:07 PM
thanks ulquiorra , such a great song, feel like a rock ballad song, but still, i miss hide guitar solo there, lol. not a type X japan song, too short, lol. sugizo solo was good.

Ex denxdenx

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 02, 2010, 02:57:57 PM
btw, anyone try to listen what toshi sing on born to be free?

Ex denxdenx

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: July 02, 2010, 03:07:25 PM
I think the chorus is,

Born to be free,
Born to be free,
Nobody can steal, our life away,
Born to be Free,
I want to be Free,
We'll be forever,
Be free to love.

"we'll be forever be free to love" is grammatically incorrect but I'm pretty cetain that's what he says if you listen to him sing it during the strings segment.

Actually listening to it again I think the line is "will be Forever".

I want to be free, will be forever,
be free to love

That's much more plausable, makes more sense.

2nd half of the FIRST verse is "close your eyes to see the sun, where the sun is free to shine".
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:31:32 PM by Ulquiorra »

Offline myuu

• Fan
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myuu.de
Reply #52 on: July 02, 2010, 03:19:50 PM
Born to be free is great! Could do without the piano section but never the less, still great.

exactly what I've thought!.. yoshiki exaggerates with his piano sections recently xD

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 03:27:05 PM
The orchestrated section just before the piano section gives me slight faith that Yoshiki hasn't lost his classical compositional skills as much as I thought, too bad he ruins it by having a woman talk all over it. Seriously its so much better on the mobile phone recordings where you can only hear the orchestrated music on its own building up to when Toshi sings the chorus again. Having someone speaking over it ruins it, especially when their voice and what they're saying sounds forcefully whimsical/magical or whatever.

Offline denx

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: July 02, 2010, 03:53:49 PM
i really love toshi expressio9n during last chorus

Ex denxdenx

Offline ppingg

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 02, 2010, 06:16:15 PM
i couldnt finish the songs with the fans screaming like yoshiki is naked infront of them.. zzzzzzzzz

Offline Matthias

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 02, 2010, 06:18:16 PM
i really love toshi expressio9n during last chorus

Yeah, funny as hell :D

Offline Ulquiorra

• Die-hard fan
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 02, 2010, 06:36:13 PM

Some funny Toshi randomly soaking someone with water. And I really hope that what Sugizo is wearing there is not a see through fish net type thing.

Offline Snapback

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 02, 2010, 06:40:49 PM
I left the camera in my girlfriends bag -_-

I also forgot to mention, this time hide's model guitars were on each side of the stage, his solid black on the left and his cherry sunburst on the right, Yoshiki didnt mention hide either or some sort of "we as 6 members of x japan here today" He also didnt say anything about hide being in the PV either, although when the event ended, on the screen was a screenshot of hide.

Yeah, Sugizo's shirt was see through lol
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:43:36 PM by Snapback »

Offline LebendenToten

• Sunday Listener
  • Who is your daddy and what does he do?
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 02, 2010, 06:55:45 PM
I absolutely fucking love this song! Thanks to everyone who went and kept us out of the dark!