• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

X Japan : On the verge of destruction, AGAIN

WeekEnder · 23845

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: February 17, 2020, 05:12:02 AM
the only thing that could keep the hype up is trying to picture in our own mind how will Yoshiki annouce the break up of X. What careful choice of words will be picked up from the magic hat?

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #61 on: February 17, 2020, 08:40:52 PM
a bunch of overly honey dripping EnGRiSh words ofc

*nuzzles*

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #62 on: February 22, 2020, 08:43:29 AM
"I'm sorry... I wish I could talk about it.... I can't...."

positively unsure。

Offline StarWarsArtist

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: February 22, 2020, 12:23:27 PM
Is it possible there's some type of NDA in place? I never realized how difficult it was to deal with speaking to people about a subject until I signed one myself.

IWillBeAStarWarsArtist.blogspot.com
xjapanrox.deviantart.com/gallery

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: February 22, 2020, 03:37:37 PM
Is it possible there's some type of NDA in place? I never realized how difficult it was to deal with speaking to people about a subject until I signed one myself.

it might very well be. After all, everybody who's involved in the band management never made a single piece of information about its status slip out of their mouths besides Yoshiki himself... Talking about being secretive  :-X

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #65 on: February 23, 2020, 08:01:58 PM
I mean X technically doesn't have "members". They are legally just musicians hired to play a bunch of lives for a certain amount of time and to appear for tv shows and stuff. It's just Yoshiki and he owns literally everything and he has the right to do anything about X himself alone, so I think others don't talk because they don't have the right to talk.

*nuzzles*

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: February 24, 2020, 09:41:08 AM
on the other hand, trying to read Yoshiki's mind is quite difficult. Nobody really knows what he's up to. Take a look at this: https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/01/28/business/x-japan-yoshiki-eyes-cloud/
what's this for? Is his next step turning X into a computer firm?  :D

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: February 26, 2020, 11:47:09 AM
Do Japanese fans still buy Yoshiki's lies/nonsense? I'm curious.

Also, why doesn't Yoshiki simply release old stuff to stay relevant? :-X

There's still so much fantastic X material that has never been officially released:
- Kyoto Sports Valley '88
- Nagoya Rock Wave '90
- Rose & Blood Tour '90
- X with Orchestra '91
- Violence in Jealousy Tour '91
- On the Verge of Destruction -3 Days- '92

I just don't understand Yoshiki's logic.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:19:00 PM by BLUE_BLOOD »

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #68 on: February 26, 2020, 04:11:57 PM
was watching junk story last night. Saw how hide was so adamant on giving other staff members and spread beavers same footing as him, like travelling in same car,train living in same hotel, being super close to them and allowing them (actually even asking them) to play in front of him or do anything on stage. Remember, that was just a BACKING LIVE BAND.

And heres our Yoshiki, doing the exact ditto opposite even though it was supposed to be a normal band

*nuzzles*

Offline OmniaDei

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: February 26, 2020, 09:10:28 PM

There's still so much fantastic X material that has never been officially released:
- Nagoya Rock Wave '90
- Rose & Blood Tour '90
- X with Orchestra '91

My guess is that the fans who decide to leave probably have mostly left already. People who stay probably just really don't care how much longer they have to wait.

Also in terms of releasing the old lives, i personally really would like to see more releases too, especially X with Orchestra and Rose and Blood. However, it's also true that he's very strict with editing the live footage (for example it took him like several years to release on the Verge of Destruction, and did he ever release any official live recordings post-reunion?), and realistically he probably just doesn't have the time. I personally just hope that if for example NHK does a documentary or something related to X Japan, hopefully some fans can just pressure them into signing something with Yoshiki and release some X with Orchestra footage on their end..

Offline Hyunkel

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: February 26, 2020, 09:16:51 PM

- Nagoya Rock Wave '90
- Rose & Blood Tour '90
- X with Orchestra '91

On the same subject, consiering how big is X Japan, I'm always baffled how their CDs are nowhere to be found.
I mean, if Blue blood and Jealousy weren't not rereleased in 2007 (I think ?), there'd be none of the album available at a normal price (even in Japan).

..Close your eyes and I'll kill you in the rain...

...Art of Life An Eternal Bleeding Heart...

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: February 27, 2020, 05:56:36 AM

indeed they do.   :-\ Just take a look at his Instagram / Twitter profiles. There's a literal flood of heart emojis for every thing he says

I think that they're partially responsible for this situation. And by "partially" I mean like 80-90%  >:(

Offline treex

• View Profile
Reply #72 on: February 27, 2020, 09:40:20 AM
Yes, it's endless hearts and emojis and sparkle pictures. The pictures with sparkles just get to me... I mean, this is boy band stuff and you can tell these are women in their 40's/50's. Seriously, wtf???

I think yesterday's tweet about "The memory of XJAPAN #NoAudienceLive revives.. Someday we will return for our fans.", the picture he chose perfectly exemplifies what he thinks X Japan is.... himself.

Offline BLUE_BLOOD

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: February 27, 2020, 10:56:24 AM

indeed they do.   :-\ Just take a look at his Instagram / Twitter profiles. There's a literal flood of heart emojis for every thing he says

I think that they're partially responsible for this situation. And by "partially" I mean like 80-90%  >:(

I don't have Twitter or Instagram but I noticed that some fans are trolling Yoshiki about the new album on his Facebook profile. It seems people are getting fed up his antics. Is there any X Japan news at all this year? New releases? New Tour? Anything?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 12:12:32 PM by BLUE_BLOOD »

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: February 27, 2020, 12:26:13 PM

Is there any X Japan news at all this year? New releases? New Tour? Anything?

uhh... http://www.xjapan.com/Tour.html  :(

it's also highly improbable that they'll plan something for the upcoming Spring, given the fact that because of the coronavirus the whole planet fell into a state of panic.

also, Yoshiki has partnered up with YouTube for a new documentary about himself (who would have thought) and I bet he'll spend the whole of 2020 promoting whatever he's doing. It's all about the leader, right?

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: February 27, 2020, 12:35:55 PM

it's also highly improbable that they'll plan something for the upcoming Spring, given the fact that because of the coronavirus the whole planet fell into a state of panic.

The fact that Yoshiki put the brand "X Japan" on hiatus has nothing to do with the Corona Virus.

On the same subject, consiering how big is X Japan, I'm always baffled how their CDs are nowhere to be found.
I mean, if Blue blood and Jealousy weren't not rereleased in 2007 (I think ?), there'd be none of the album available at a normal price (even in Japan).

X Japan isn't that big anymore. It's like the Scorpions in Germany. Everybody (30+) knows them but nobody really cares. And if they play live (what they actually do sometimes) they sell out stadiums.

positively unsure。

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: February 27, 2020, 01:18:16 PM

The fact that Yoshiki put the brand "X Japan" on hiatus has nothing to do with the Corona Virus.

yup, just saying that a lot of bands have canceled their tour dates because of the CV (ironically, Yoshiki talked about this a couple of days ago https://www.instagram.com/p/B9B9fYegj1w/) and even if X wanted to tour again breaking the hiatus they wouldn't be able to do so because of the emergency

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #77 on: February 27, 2020, 02:36:52 PM
Did some digging here and there. X getting together is highly unlikely tbh. Signs say that Toshi is mad about the contract system, the red swan incident , lunatic fest incident and the whole "Yoshiki is X and he is everything" system. If all of these aren't resolved they won't get back together

*nuzzles*

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #78 on: February 27, 2020, 02:42:29 PM
Did some digging here and there. X getting together is highly unlikely tbh. Signs say that Toshi is mad about the contract system, the red swan incident , lunatic fest incident and the whole "Yoshiki is X and he is everything" system. If all of these aren't resolved they won't get back together
Sounds bad. If that's true they're never getting back together.

Also... Yoshiki wrote on Twitter:
The memory of XJapan #NoAudienceLive revives.. Someday we will return for our fans.

Makes me wonder what he thinks how many comebacks a band this old can have...

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: February 27, 2020, 03:54:08 PM
so we can all agree about the most optimistic scenario: they'll do (another) Last Live and then they will disband (again).

worst scenario (maybe the realistic one)... In a couple of decades, Yoshiki will probably find the strength to reveal that he deluded everybody on purpose
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 03:56:26 PM by TaijiSawada »

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #80 on: February 28, 2020, 03:38:46 PM
In conclusion X ended in the most shameful way possible. Their last concert was a No audience one lmao. Fucking hell imagine if they stayed super active from 2007 to 2019 and then do a press conference and say "hey we are a bit too old to play Speed metal and we don't really want to play slow ass shit and defame the X's legacy so we will end it with love and pride". That would have been a totally respectable way to end a saga.

Yoshiki you failed us :-\

*nuzzles*

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: February 28, 2020, 05:20:36 PM
that album really became a crutch to walk on for him, something that will cherish forever because nobody will listen to it. Probably he thinks: "this is all who I am, X are my major accomplishment in life" and he doesn't want to let go, almost like after that album his career will be voided because they're all start to get old and they'll have to retire from the scene.
When he says that it's not the right time to release the album, it means that it's not the right time for him.

he reminds me of this TED talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arj7oStGLkU

and all of the weird explanations he gave in this interview https://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000163252 convince me further that it's also a psychological issue.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: February 28, 2020, 08:47:08 PM
👍

positively unsure。

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #83 on: March 01, 2020, 04:58:13 PM
tbh fuck it. The matters got worse after the corona outbreak, no chance of a live performance anyways.

*nuzzles*

Offline TaijiSawada

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: March 01, 2020, 06:36:23 PM
tbh fuck it. The matters got worse after the corona outbreak, no chance of a live performance anyways.

Yoshiki spent the past 2 days writing apologies on Twitter about his canceled shows asking for forgiveness, lol. This has seriously become a circus