• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki Japan Expo Paris

Tahemet · 12309

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
on: July 03, 2019, 05:58:23 PM
Yoshiki is a  last miniute guest at the Japan Expo in Paris this Friday (July 5th)
Is anyone going?

https://www.japan-expo-paris.com/en/actualites/invite-de-derniere-minute-yoshiki_107161.htm

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 10:22:16 AM
I think some french X Freaks will be going. Let's see what they'll report afterwards.  :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:47:18 AM
Kederiku is going. Unsure about matsumoto.

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 12:01:40 PM
Kederiku is going. Unsure about matsumoto.
The matsumoto is too busy!!!11 That's not okay. I need to speak to her boss. Free matsumoto. She needs to go, too!!!1111

Yeah I guess it's just kederiku going. But let's see.

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 08:11:20 PM
I have been there. I didn’t win a ticket for the signing (grumbles at stupid system) but at least I could secure a good seat for the concert.

The big news were that there will be a new „We are  X „ movie or how some people are already  bitching „I am Yoshiki“ movie...based on a one minute trailer for a movie they just started shooting for.
I kinda have the feeling that there will be some fan involvement in that movie. They filmed some interviews with fans after the Paris show. (And i know during the 2017 „We are X“ tour , too. But that‘s just a feeling.

And according to Yoshiki he performed for the first time the full version of Red Rhapsody in Paris. He said it is a very personal song so he didn’t want to share it.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 10:31:53 PM
And according to Yoshiki he performed for the first time the full version of Red Rhapsody in Paris. He said it is a very personal song so he didn’t want to share it.
I wonder what Red Rhapsody is about? Any idea? I mean we already got some very personal songs from him with Endless Rain or Say Anything... sooo... I wonder how this song is different.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 01:27:45 PM
quote von Kederiku

tl;dr there will be a new movie (We Are Y? ^^)

@everyone Here is my feedback from the yoshiki event
Sorry it's a bit long and certainly badly written (and I don't even speak of my english trollshiki )

9h30 the day begins for the signing session lottery (scans the entrance ticket, win or not),  I scan my ticket, I lose.

/!\ Method to cheat /!\   Ask their tickets to other visitors and retry, after 3 hours, queue 6 times  and around twenty tickets scanned I win.

Signing Session (15h15 – 16h15)
15h25/30 yoshiki is late as usual, his cameraman's team arrives, one of them come to ask me if I accept an interview, fail he must change the sd card, Yoshiki arrives, like he is late on the timing, convention staff say he will only sign the poster (poster of  We Are X French theatre release). My turn he signs the poster, raises his head, sees the vinyl that I hold in the hand (Vanishing Vision Pictured) and say something like:
- Oh yes, I can sign it, no worries.
He takes my vinyl, sign it, raises his head, sees an album cover (a girl who had no ticket for the signing session had given me to try to have it signed) that I held under the vinyl and still had in the hand and say something like:
- Oh that too, yes I can sign it, no worries

So at the end I went from just a signature on a poster to three signatures

Showcase (17h – 18h)
It started with a video of at least 5 minutes or even more, on Yoshiki and himself. Then he went on stage, he presented his first song, composed for the film Saint Seiya.

- Heroes

Then he began to present the second song, composed for attack on titan, and wanted to know how is this called in French, he didn't hear very well so he came down stage to ask someone directly from the public. Then he wandered in the public asking if we were okay and if we were happy to be here, he played with drumsticks that a spectator had, he asked if we knew X Japan, if we had them already seen in live. Then he went back on stage and returned to attack on titan, he wanted to know why we like this series in Europe

- Red Swan

Then he talked about We Are X, how to open the doors from the past for the documentary, was difficult, but he wanted to go even further.  He started talking about a new project, someone from the audience shouting something, then he said like :
- yes the album, I'm working on it, don't worry I think about it
And returned to his project, he showed us a teaser of a new documentary We Are Y (people have dreamed, he did it XD). All his world trip since a few weeks everything is filmed and will be part of it. The song used for the teaser is Red Rhapsody, he explained that he didn't really know what to do with this song, he did not want to release it because the subject isn't happy. This is the first time he's played it completely.

- Red Rhapsody

And to finish it dedicate the last song, to his father, hide and taiji

- Endless Rain

When the audience left, cameraman team came to see some of us to give an interview, apparently we should have met Yoshiki directly, the guy on the sd card came back too. But as they were late the convention staff fired them from the room and we were never interviewed second fail

there is a twitter video of the new teaser.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1147216055829499904

what do you think? pls discuss :)

positively unsure。

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 06:54:56 PM
quote von Kederiku

tl;dr there will be a new movie (We Are Y? ^^)

@everyone Here is my feedback from the yoshiki event
Sorry it's a bit long and certainly badly written (and I don't even speak of my english trollshiki )

9h30 the day begins for the signing session lottery (scans the entrance ticket, win or not),  I scan my ticket, I lose.

/!\ Method to cheat /!\   Ask their tickets to other visitors and retry, after 3 hours, queue 6 times  and around twenty tickets scanned I win.

Signing Session (15h15 – 16h15)
15h25/30 yoshiki is late as usual, his cameraman's team arrives, one of them come to ask me if I accept an interview, fail he must change the sd card, Yoshiki arrives, like he is late on the timing, convention staff say he will only sign the poster (poster of  We Are X French theatre release). My turn he signs the poster, raises his head, sees the vinyl that I hold in the hand (Vanishing Vision Pictured) and say something like:
- Oh yes, I can sign it, no worries.
He takes my vinyl, sign it, raises his head, sees an album cover (a girl who had no ticket for the signing session had given me to try to have it signed) that I held under the vinyl and still had in the hand and say something like:
- Oh that too, yes I can sign it, no worries

So at the end I went from just a signature on a poster to three signatures

Showcase (17h – 18h)
It started with a video of at least 5 minutes or even more, on Yoshiki and himself. Then he went on stage, he presented his first song, composed for the film Saint Seiya.

- Heroes

Then he began to present the second song, composed for attack on titan, and wanted to know how is this called in French, he didn't hear very well so he came down stage to ask someone directly from the public. Then he wandered in the public asking if we were okay and if we were happy to be here, he played with drumsticks that a spectator had, he asked if we knew X Japan, if we had them already seen in live. Then he went back on stage and returned to attack on titan, he wanted to know why we like this series in Europe

- Red Swan

Then he talked about We Are X, how to open the doors from the past for the documentary, was difficult, but he wanted to go even further.  He started talking about a new project, someone from the audience shouting something, then he said like :
- yes the album, I'm working on it, don't worry I think about it
And returned to his project, he showed us a teaser of a new documentary We Are Y (people have dreamed, he did it XD). All his world trip since a few weeks everything is filmed and will be part of it. The song used for the teaser is Red Rhapsody, he explained that he didn't really know what to do with this song, he did not want to release it because the subject isn't happy. This is the first time he's played it completely.

- Red Rhapsody

And to finish it dedicate the last song, to his father, hide and taiji

- Endless Rain

When the audience left, cameraman team came to see some of us to give an interview, apparently we should have met Yoshiki directly, the guy on the sd card came back too. But as they were late the convention staff fired them from the room and we were never interviewed second fail

there is a twitter video of the new teaser.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1147216055829499904

what do you think? pls discuss :)

I love yoshiki... a lot and people know this but what the f*ck was that?

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 07:19:51 PM
Regarding that trailer: I think that some scenes were meant for a music video.
some scenes were even for Yoshiki overdramatic

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 07:24:45 PM
I wonder what Red Rhapsody is about? Any idea? I mean we already got some very personal songs from him with Endless Rain or Say Anything... sooo... I wonder how this song is different.

He said the lyrics are very dark and describe all the pain he’s been going through in his life.
After Hide's death he had considered to retire, but his music helped him to face the pain and to go on

Offline kederiku

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 07:27:20 PM
Just in case, in my feedback the title "We Are Y" is a joke, the movie has no name for the moment.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 07:33:44 PM
Regarding that trailer: I think that some scenes were meant for a music video.
some scenes were even for Yoshiki overdramatic

I was gonna say because some of that looked overly done

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: July 08, 2019, 05:00:52 AM
Just look at the "throwing book" scene.
It was filmed from inside the room and through the window.
So that scene was totally setup and not spontaneous.

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 06:41:47 AM
Ah shit here we go again
Yoshiki is going through another hyperdramatic phase i guess.

*nuzzles*

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 06:52:37 AM
possible.

I think I remember that Yoshiki or Steven K said they want to do a movie based on Yoshiki. I think I heard/read that in an interview back in 2015 when the film was released.
I'm not 100% sure and oc I can't give you any source of it.

But wouldn't be a problem for me making a documentary only about Yoshiki. We already have some totally dedicated to hide. I would watch it for sure ^^
I only have one request. Label it right. If it's a Yoshiki documentary label it that way. They don't have to call it "something about X" if it's only or mostly about Yoshiki.

just my two cents

positively unsure。

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 07:00:52 AM
possible.

I think I remember that Yoshiki or Steven K said they want to do a movie based on Yoshiki. I think I heard/read that in an interview back in 2015 when the film was released.
I'm not 100% sure and oc I can't give you any source of it.

But wouldn't be a problem for me making a documentary only about Yoshiki. We already have some totally dedicated to hide. I would watch it for sure ^^
I only have one request. Label it right. If it's a Yoshiki documentary label it that way. They don't have to call it "something about X" if it's only or mostly about Yoshiki.

just my two cents

Agreed. Just keep X away from it.

*nuzzles*

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 07:10:18 AM
I agree with that. It's fine to make a documentary about just one specific person from a band, but please don't call it We are X 2 or something like that. Yoshiki on his own is not X. Yoshiki might have founded and influenced X, but on his own he is not X. He's Yoshiki.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 09:01:00 AM
Thanks kederiku for the report!

I ended up not going, I can't leave work before 7pm, but mostly I didn't feel like hopping on a sauna-hot train to the convention hall just to see Yoshiki repeat his advertorial story for the Nth time. Not a huge fan of the film idea either. What is it going to document? The life and times of a dude who brags about being busy while flying books accross the room? I'd rather watch a 6-hour art film consisting of Pata non-stop petting his cats and drinking Jack.

[excuse my savagery, it's 10 am and I still haven't had my coffee]

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 09:05:31 AM
(...) I'd rather watch a 6-hour art film consisting of Pata non-stop petting his cats (...)

;D I'm in!

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 01:12:48 PM
(...) I'd rather watch a 6-hour art film consisting of Pata non-stop petting his cats (...)

;D I'm in!
May I join? I really like cats...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 02:11:57 PM
I agree with that. It's fine to make a documentary about just one specific person from a band, but please don't call it We are X 2 or something like that. Yoshiki on his own is not X. Yoshiki might have founded and influenced X, but on his own he is not X. He's Yoshiki.

Isn't like "We are X" wasn't 95% about Yoshiki. Even the interviews with the members on the extras have questions about Yoshiki.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 02:55:32 PM

Isn't like "We are X" wasn't 95% about Yoshiki. Even the interviews with the members on the extras have questions about Yoshiki.
True there have been questions like that, but also some different topics. There was also a brief section of the movie dedicated to hides death and Toshis brainwashing and so on. So I forgive Kijak for We are X. But whoever is going to film the Yoshiki documentary better come up with a different name.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: July 10, 2019, 07:19:45 AM
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 07:27:28 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #23 on: July 10, 2019, 10:23:59 AM
as we do know now, the film is infact a Yoshiki-only project.

https://www.c-k-jpopnews.fr/2019/07/09/conference-de-presse-yoshiki-se-livre-sur-son-prochain-film-en-exclusivite-a-japan-expo-20eme-impact/2/

thx Kederiku for sharing
This interview raises so many hopes and questions.

- The new movie about Yoshiki, which he said will be about him personally, is going to be released soon? What does that mean in a Yoshiki time frame?
- X Japan is going to release the album, but he is still waiting for a good moment? He has an instinct for the right time... and they are yet deciding when to tour. Did he say tour? *X Japan fans around the globe hold their breath while praying internally for them to tour their continent/country*
- There are more projects that we don't yet know about? What could that be?

He is also kinda excusing/mentioning the Red Swan incident, which made fans angry... I wonder if he reads a lot about what the Internet/his fans write about him...

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: July 10, 2019, 10:49:09 AM
Your messiah here just received a divine visitation and thus I shall all answer all the questions thou asketh.

(...) is going to be released soon? What does that mean in a Yoshiki time frame?

25 years minimum.

- X Japan is going to release the album, but he is still waiting for a good moment?

There is no album, Yoshiki lost his USB pendrive on a Vegas toilet at 5am one day decades ago.

Did he say tour?

By tour he means two concerts in Japan at the end of which he will have enough money for his botox and Sarah Brightman's silicone implants (I'll let you guess which).

- There are more projects that we don't yet know about? What could that be?

1) Temporary X Japan feat. Gackt tattoos. Temporary because by the time they wear off Yoshiki will be "collaborating" with someone else.

2) Yoshiki branded time machine so you can go back in time and listen to actually good music by X.

3) A mini Hide hologram you can put in your room. It malfunctions frequently, though.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 10:51:29 AM by matsumoto »

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #25 on: July 10, 2019, 12:51:32 PM
Thank you for your enlightened words matsumoto. I see much clearer now.