• Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki Master Class free in Miami

dbtjenn · 10038

Offline dbtjenn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
on: June 21, 2019, 02:06:10 AM
He's making a big domain to the Frost School of Music and then holding a Master Class. Free.

https://news.miami.edu/frost/stories/2019/06/japans-international-superstar-yoshiki-to-present-150k-donation.html

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: June 22, 2019, 06:01:09 PM
I would love to go there. I wonder how it would be.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline dbtjenn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 02:25:00 AM
It was amazing. I got front row. He was gracious and funny. There were probably 200 people there tops. I don't fangirl much but I was 15 feet from him and it really choked me up. The whole thing was broadcast and though nothing really new came up, it was interesting to see him interviewed like that, by someone who was obviously an old friend.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:26:09 AM
very cool!

Do you have any pics?

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 09:48:29 AM
There is this really short Video and article about the Masterclass with Yoshiki: https://news.miami.edu/frost/stories/2019/07/a-masterclass-with-yoshiki.html

But I would love to hear more about it by someone from here who actually knows Yoshiki, since the person who wrote the article obviously didn't know Yoshiki.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline dbtjenn

• Rookie
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 15, 2019, 01:01:14 AM
very cool!

Do you have any pics?

I did take pics, but they are really bad because - and I know this sounds stupid but it's true - I was shaking so hard! There are lots of pics out there of it that are way better than mine, but I got a couple... plus video of him arriving, which I livestreamed and cursed all the way through because I was freaking out. The whole thing is on video here: https://youtu.be/dANEgcvex0A

The funny thing about the whole trip was that a ton of my friends who aren't into the band yet watched my social media feed all about it - from me falling in love with the band a couple of years ago to finding out about the Miami thing, then my debating myself over going, then taking the plunge, going and seeing him and getting so close - and they loved it. I was feeling really fangirlish like a teenager, and I'm way too old for that - and somehow they all found it charming and followed along with bated breath! Crazy.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 08:33:08 AM
Haha, I luv your post.

I know that kinda feeling when it comes to X. When we were at Wembley, it took me three songs to stop crying after they started the concert. I'm am 32 years old male and never had this experience before xD

but yeah... It's X...

Thank you very much for sharing your story

positively unsure。