X Freaks Forum

News:

• Welcome to the X FREAKS forum!
    Please read the rules :)
  • Please read and accept our Privacy Policy
  • XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

Yoshiki apologized for having dinner with Jackie Chan?

kayabee · 11970

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
So I was on insta when I seen Yoshiki made a post apologizing for not considering the situation in Hong Kong after posting a photo with Jackie chan not to long ago.

what do ya'll think? I don't think it was that deep, just bad timing.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2019, 06:10:42 AM
I do not even think it was bad timing. I do not understand how people get upset if someone goes out for dinner with anyone. And what do people actually have against Jackie Chan?

positively unsure。

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 07:34:46 AM
I do not even think it was bad timing. I do not understand how people get upset if someone goes out for dinner with anyone. And what do people actually have against Jackie Chan?

its because of the the things going on in Hong Kong right now and Jackie chan being a supporter of the communist party and there being protests about the extradition proposal. Jackie chan also kinda sucks as a person but thats a personal thing but many people took it as a political statement. that's why I said it was bad timing because of the politics and Jackie chan isn't exactly well liked in Hong Kong as well as Taiwan.

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KurenaiRoseX-Twitter-
Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 12:33:48 PM

~Dry your tears with love~

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 12:40:25 PM
Yeah but Jackie Chan is not a politician, he’s just an actor, it’s not like he said something about the protests “now”. They were not even in Hong Kong.
Honestly, the kind of hatred I have seen is way too much, like Jackie Chan is Hitler or something like that, they’re even attacking other fans that say “wow cool photo” or “I love Jackie Chan’s movies!”
Yoshiki has pretty much stayed away from making any political statements, he’s also allowed to have dinner with whoever he wants and shouldn’t apologize for this. They were also DEMANDING he had dinner with Taiwan’s President instead, funny because Taiwan’s goverment has been very bad too.

There’re many things you could criticize Yoshiki about but this is not it.

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 05:10:53 PM
It doesn't matter if he is a supporter of the communist party. I'm a supporter of a democratic system but we start wars and kill ppl for no reason. for example the USA are currently kill ppl with drones from Germany (Ramstein) in many countrys (more infos).

So do we have to hate Yoshiki for going out with an (american) democratic?

Let the dude have dinner with anyone who's befriended with him...

positively unsure。

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 05:22:04 PM
Jackie Chan not only support the chinese communist party, but is also quite harsh on HK people. He already said more than once that the government should control everyone even more so they won't become "a huge mess like Hong Kong people".

So I understand HK people being angry when they see an idol with a person who is often on media talking shit about their country. Even more when he posts the picture the same day people are protesting against a law to allow HK people to be deported to Mainland China.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 05:26:05 PM by Joker »

Offline magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 09:07:51 PM
I am kind of upset just because Yoshiki having dinner with Jackie Chan.  >:(
As a HongKonger myself, I can say most of us don't like Jackie Chan at all.
We've heard so many stories and rumours of Jackie Chan that I/We  decided he is not a good person.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 10:05:12 PM
Jackie Chan not only support the chinese communist party, but is also quite harsh on HK people. He already said more than once that the government should control everyone even more so they won't become "a huge mess like Hong Kong people".

So I understand HK people being angry when they see an idol with a person who is often on media talking shit about their country. Even more when he posts the picture the same day people are protesting against a law to allow HK people to be deported to Mainland China.

Thank you!!! no one is hating yoshiki, but Jackie chan is involved with some politics in china, no one is saying yoshiki supports those same views but posting a picture with him would be bad timing especially for Hong Kong fans.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 10:06:02 PM
I am kind of upset just because Yoshiki having dinner with Jackie Chan.  >:(
As a HongKonger myself, I can say most of us don't like Jackie Chan at all.
We've heard so many stories and rumours of Jackie Chan that I/We  decided he is not a good person.

I'm sorry with everything that is going on in HK right now.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #10 on: June 15, 2019, 10:09:02 PM
Yeah but Jackie Chan is not a politician, he’s just an actor, it’s not like he said something about the protests “now”. They were not even in Hong Kong.
Honestly, the kind of hatred I have seen is way too much, like Jackie Chan is Hitler or something like that, they’re even attacking other fans that say “wow cool photo” or “I love Jackie Chan’s movies!”
Yoshiki has pretty much stayed away from making any political statements, he’s also allowed to have dinner with whoever he wants and shouldn’t apologize for this. They were also DEMANDING he had dinner with Taiwan’s President instead, funny because Taiwan’s goverment has been very bad too.

There’re many things you could criticize Yoshiki about but this is not it.

...but Jackie chan is involved with politics in china.

honestly when it comes to politics over there, I support Taiwans independence. all governments are pieces of shit though so there isn't much winning with that. They may not have been in HK but posting that photo was bad timing for HK fans, especially with whats going on right now. Its kind of shocking with everything that Jackie chan has done im surprised cancel culture hasn't gotten ahold fo him.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #11 on: June 15, 2019, 10:11:48 PM
It doesn't matter if he is a supporter of the communist party. I'm a supporter of a democratic system but we start wars and kill ppl for no reason. for example the USA are currently kill ppl with drones from Germany (Ramstein) in many countrys (more infos).

So do we have to hate Yoshiki for going out with an (american) democratic?

Let the dude have dinner with anyone who's befriended with him...

no one is hating yoshiki, just saying its bad timing...

but yeah, read up on china and their system because it does kind of matter, especially to people in HK. it's kind of sensitive and everyone knows yoshiki didn't mean nothing by it. a lot of people had said that. He should've just been more careful because HK fans wouldn't have been very pleased by it.

all governments start wars but when it comes to democratic and communist there is a hugggeee different in personal morals.

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 01:17:33 PM
I just want to throw my 2 cents in this case. I don't wish to offend anyone but I am sorry if I did.

Yoshiki is 54, I think he has enough maturity to select his own friends and people he wishes to dine with. Although I think posting the pic on insta was just bad timing.

*nuzzles*

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 10:14:13 PM
Release x music

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #14 on: June 17, 2019, 12:55:43 AM

*nuzzles*

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 04:29:57 AM
I just want to throw my 2 cents in this case. I don't wish to offend anyone but I am sorry if I did.

Yoshiki is 54, I think he has enough maturity to select his own friends and people he wishes to dine with. Although I think posting the pic on insta was just bad timing.

this!

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #16 on: June 17, 2019, 04:30:42 AM
Release x music

there has literally been no news on x. i thought the album was supposed to come out in spring of last year??

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #17 on: June 17, 2019, 07:11:14 AM
In western countries most people know Jackie Chan only as an actor. I didn't know about his political involvement and was quite surprised that it's such a big deal in some other countries. In Germany noone would give a f*** if someone goes dining with Jackie Chan. Seems like Yoshiki wasn't fully aware of that too...

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 17, 2019, 07:32:38 AM
Release x music

there has literally been no news on x. i thought the album was supposed to come out in spring of last year??

Hands down. The album was supposed to be out in LATE 2010! (but yeah, also last spring..)

positively unsure。

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #19 on: June 17, 2019, 07:49:42 AM
Release x music

Hands down. The album was supposed to be out in LATE 2010! (but yeah, also last spring..)

Idk but my guess is that he wants to use Vin Diesel's flim to promote his album too. And probably Tokyo 2020 would also play a role, so yeah..... gotta wait another year

*nuzzles*