Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
on: April 21, 2019, 10:23:37 AM
Hi freaks,

today, on 21th april of 1989 BLUE BLOOD was released.

What are your thoughts about the album? Is it really the masterpiece of X and of Metal all over the world?

Tell me what you are thinking. I'm looking forward to read your opinions.

positively unsure。

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 12:53:43 PM
I love it. It's my favorite. Most of my all-time favorite x songs are on that album! Their important signature songs "X" and "Endless Rain" are found here too. To me this album is what X is all about. If I would introduce someone new to them I would let them listen to this first.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline Joker

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 02:06:32 PM
Blue Blood is the album you can say "THIS is X". It was the first I bought.

Their biggest hits are on it, it was their first major release, the best era of the band.

And seems like PATA is the only one who cares about it. Shame on you, Yoshiki. 30 years of Blue Blood deserves at least a special concert.

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2019, 02:52:19 PM
I think that it's possibly their best album overall, it's their signature sound and it's great. Has some of the best songs in their repertoire too.

I just wish other members were like Pata and also cared about the celebration of it, even if just for a concert playing throughout the entire album, would be great.

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 21, 2019, 04:00:12 PM
Easily their best album. A shame the band seems all but dead. It could have been really cool if they played it in full. A joint anniversary and new album tour could have been great. Release the album and play the album front to back, play some new songs, and 3 of 4 other X classics on tour. Oh well

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 09:14:34 PM
Ok let me get this straight.. you guys are mad that the same material keeps getting played at concerts... but you're also criticizing the band (and in one instance a single member specifically- of course) for not pursuing a concert dedicated to a 30 year old album? What a lame, dated idea zzzzzzzzz

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 09:35:02 PM
Ok let me get this straight.. you guys are mad that the same material keeps getting played at concerts... but you're also criticizing the band (and in one instance a single member specifically- of course) for not pursuing a concert dedicated to a 30 year old album? What a lame, dated idea zzzzzzzzz

The two things are not connected. There's a difference between an Anniversary concert or tour and a regular album release/tour. Big Big difference.
Most bands who do this play the album in its full and then also play new songs.
Not even to mention that we haven't heard some songs from Blue Blood live in many, many years.

Also, we were never 'mad' about anything related to the band, dunno why jump directly to those accusations with that condescending way of writting.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 09:41:43 PM by hatsor »

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 30, 2019, 11:52:11 PM
The band seems dead, so what is there to be mad about? They had a good run

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #8 on: May 01, 2019, 11:02:55 AM
The band seems dead, so what is there to be mad about? They had a good run
True. Why be mad about the songs an inactive band is not playing anyway? XD Because they're inactive! Some users just said that it would be nice if something like an album anniversary concert would have happened. That's all. Everything else is just making assumptions.

Noone blamed anyone or was mad about whatever.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #9 on: May 01, 2019, 11:06:06 AM

positively unsure。