• XFF - Ad free since 2006 \o/

YOSHIKI to create theme song for new xXx 4 film starring Vin Diesel

Tahemet · 1970

Online magucathy

• Fan
    • View Profile
Thanks for the link.
It seems that Yoshiki is very busy,,,
I can't help but this line just jumped out when I read it:   YOSHIKI is currently finalizing X JAPAN’s first new studio album in over 22 years.   ;D

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
So he's making theme songs for 2 films. The new xXx movie and a Chinese animated comedy, Spycies.

Regardless of whether one or both songs will be by X Japan or Yoshiki featuring another artist, it's good news for X Japan, because it always leads back to X.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline LuXxy

• View Profile
I am happy to hear the news, and secretly hoping that later X Japan's song (new or old song, doesn't matter) will be in the soundtrack for xXx4. That would be totally awesome :D

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Hopefully these news mean he will involve X Japan in it.

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Hopefully these news mean he will involve X Japan in it.

I hope he does involve X in it and that it's a new song. Because it's a mega-production (what's a better way to say that? Something that has a lot of following with multiple releases under its belt) I feel like it would be a lost opportunity not to just splatter X's name on everything and show everyone what the band can do as a band.

But like I said, anything Yoshiki does does get back to X in terms of publicity, so his involvement is a good thing regardless. Still... I would love for X to be featured itself.

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki