« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:03:32 AM by nb »

positively unsure。

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: January 22, 2019, 01:36:22 PM
My post did not lose merit from stating all of X should be in the US to make it global. While it is possible from anywhere in the world, it is easier to break any market from the ground where it is based. The United States is still the biggest music market in the world and has the most international reach over any country. Japan is 2nd, and is still dwarfed by the US by nearly twice the amount.

What Japanese band based out of Japan has done Lollapolooza, Coachella, SXSW (We are X doc), and been invited to Ozzfest? I know Japanese, Korean, German, etc bands have performed at all, but which single Japanese band has done all of them?

Not even Larc en Ciel, Luna Sea, Buck Tick, Gackt, Dir en Gray, Miyavi, or bands more poppy like Gazette or Alice 9 have done that. Those are all heavy hitting bands and they still haven't broken out on the international stage like X has.

Are you really going to tell me that success has nothing to do with Yoshiki's strategy?

Coachella is a joke of a music festival in my opinion and mostly features bad, mainstream music. It's not at all targetted to the same musical style and fan bases as X Japan is. If they wanted to gain more following he would push to participate in something like Wacken, the biggest Metal Fest in the world. Which is what X Japan is. Rock and Metal music, not Pop, Rap or similar genres like we can see in Coachella.

He's targetting the complete wrong audience in my opinion. We do not want X to be "Mainstream", to sell out his sound to basic songs and pop rock. We want X to keep innovating, to have the magic that they always had. Most americans don't care a rats ass about the type of music that X plays, and mostly the youth, they are currently very close minded from what I've seen everywhere, it's ridiculous.

I bet that if Yoshiki targeted more of Europe, that he would have a much bigger success in spreading X's music. There are tons of "alternative"(folk for example and all other kinds of metal/indie) bands that have so much success, specially in Europe and South America.

Just look at the mainstream American music, it's all face tattooed rappers with shitty music, pop celebs full of plastic surgeries who have their music made for them and drama. Do you really want X to go that way? I do not.

And you can criticize the ones you love all you want. I do know a lot of relationships that end/marriages that result in divorce from a partner's desire to pick at their spouse's wrongdoings/inability to move on from past grievances, though  ;D

This is so wrong and you should read some books about human behaviour and psychology. You need to be truthful and honest to the ones you love, no matter if they do something good, bad, evil. Whatever. If they fuck up or do something you don't like you have the right to criticise and tell them they did bad. Just like you should congratulate them when they do something good. Or else it will start to grow inside of you and that's what ends relationships. No one is perfect. There needs to be communication and honesty. It's very wrong to just shut up accept everything that the partner does, because that will lead to abusive relationships. This is what creates people full of resentment for their partners. I doubt that you will go far into a relationship with that mentality.  :(

My parents freaking divorced mostly because they lacked communication. Because they didn't point out when one or the other did something bad, they didn't criticise eachother or give tips on how to improve. This is core of a healthy relationship, like I said, or those little things pile up and then bad things happen. :-\

We love Yoshiki, we love his music BUT when he does shitty things we have every right to comment or to call him out on them. IT'S CALLED FREE SPEECH. Many people fought for it along the years, we shouldn't give it up for blind acceptance.

There was only one person here who started attacking members directly, and that was you(Even calling your opinion/post trash, It's not an attack on you, but on your opinion). All others merely commented on your opinion/posts and nothing else, yet you decided to take it personally to call us all "fuckers", "dumb", "blanket opportunists.", "bitch" and so on. Up until then everyone was conducting the discussion with respect. You should take your actions into consideration more before you start calling out others.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:35:43 PM by hatsor »

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: January 22, 2019, 01:38:27 PM
Here's another friendly reminder that this Forum welcomes and encourages debating, conflicting opinions and all kinds of respectful fighting. Speak your minds, people. Vent. Digress. Disagree. Whatever makes you happy, folks. Just please avoid personal attacks on other users and blanket insults like "the X Freaks are all a bunch of (insert your favourite insult here)" or "(specific user), you are a b*tch". I have seen variations of both of these in the Forum and on the chatroom last week. Please avoid this sort of behaviour. It's not cool and adds nothing to the discussion. Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:45:34 PM by matsumoto »

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: January 22, 2019, 02:09:06 PM
Another friendly reminder post and I know this one wasn't towards me so I'm not going to bother reading whatever Hatsor posted because I've made enough of an effort to be civil. Done. Fix the behavior on this site. It's pathetic at this point and it's only hurting the X fandom.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 02:13:41 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline matsumoto

• Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: January 22, 2019, 02:47:58 PM
Returner, it was a friendly reminder for the entire community, but mostly for you indeed. The lines I mentioned above were copied from comments you made on the Forum and on the chatroom last week. I brought this to your attention by PM, but if I may, let me remind you again. Those are not nice things to say and they add nothing to the debate.

Woah, I can haz admin colour.

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: January 22, 2019, 03:28:46 PM
I've said nothing attacking, personal, or disrespectful in the time between when you sent me that PM and now, so if you're dredging up old posts to specifically be used against me, even by just a few days, it sounds like you need your modding privledges revoked on grounds of bias.

Also the examples you used did specifically target me even though people have said plenty of garbage on their own. I also don't understand you taking things on the chat to be used here. Sounds like you're keeping score on users you don't like, I guess. Very noble of you. Perfect example of this community.

Edit: Why DID you bother posting that as a "reminder to the community but specifically to me, indeed" when I hadn't said anything along any of those lines, anyway? Why, as a mod, stir the pot?

I've been on this forum for how many years and because of one thread you target me specifically to show examples of attacking behavior when it's happened constantly on this forum for years by other users, enough to make other users leave? What kind of abuse of power tripping is that?

Edit 2: Also, I never called that specific user a bitch. They professed that their post to this forum was "less than polite." I in return responded that the decision to be "less polite" was the equivalent to "being a bitch" and it was that type of behavior that results in the negative environment on this forum.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:20:33 PM by returner »

We are not trying to keep the legacy—we are trying to move forward, so our sound is going to change. I’m ready to be criticized, for example by fans saying "you should rather be this style." I’m ready for it, I’m okay with any concept of criticism-Yoshiki

Offline Kasumi

• Administrator
  • Fan
  • Love will find the way
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #66 on: January 22, 2019, 03:44:55 PM

Is it just because people here are more obsessed with X than everywhere else?

Yes, that's most likely the case.

And you can criticize the ones you love all you want. I do know a lot of relationships that end/marriages that result in divorce from a partner's desire to pick at their spouse's wrongdoings/inability to move on from past grievances, though  ;D
Hi sorry but... why that weird comment at my husband? I can gladly affirm you that this is not something we will split up on.  ;D We both take the freedom of telling each other our honest opinion. That's what makes a relationship healthy.

Why do you have to take this to a personal level again? He was just giving an example of people you actually love, but are still allowed to be critical of. It's not a crime to point out mistakes.  :-\

I appreciate Yoshiki's effort to "make X Japan great again" but I disagree with some of his ideas on how to do so. This forum is a great platform to discuss these things and people are really passionate about X. That's why I really like it here.

Btw you should really read hatsors post. He is actually giving some great examples on how fame can be achieved outside of the US. Nothing insulting in his post IMO.  :)

While I'm away, read this line again...

Offline returner

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: January 22, 2019, 03:58:32 PM

Hi sorry but... why that weird comment at my husband? I can gladly affirm you that this is not something we will split up on.  ;D We both take the freedom of telling each other our honest opinion. That's what makes a relationship healthy.

Why do you have to take this to a personal level again? He was just giving an example of people you actually love, but are still allowed to be critical of. It's not a crime to point out mistakes.  :-\

Lol irl, I didn't even know NB was a male much less your husband so honestly, I don't know why you believed I was making a personalized comment about you so no, I was not taking anything to a personal level at all. I'm sorry that you believed that to be the case however, and if it hurt you. All these years I thought "he" was a "she." I don't know anything about the users on here's personal lives. I was actually being tongue in cheek about partnerships, as in X Japan and their fans are a partnership. Relationships often end when a compromise can't be reached or past wounds can't be healed the same that fans will turn bitter and eventually leave fandoms for the same reason. The reason I compared X and their fans to a relationship at all is because NB mentioned how we criticize our love ones, so it built a comparison in my mind as well.

Edit: My comparison will make more sense if you re-read the post it came from. It was said after asking how long the same grievances towards Yoshiki's decisions/X Japan's direction will be discussed for everyone to endure over and over. 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, etc. That's why I said, relationships will often fail if one partner cannot move on or let go.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 04:22:24 PM by returner »

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: January 22, 2019, 05:59:10 PM

Coachella is a joke of a music festival in my opinion and mostly features bad, mainstream music. It's not at all targetted to the same musical style and fan bases as X Japan is. If they wanted to gain more following he would push to participate in something like Wacken, the biggest Metal Fest in the world. Which is what X Japan is. Rock and Metal music, not Pop, Rap or similar genres like we can see in Coachella.

Wacken is with very few exceptions an "invitation only" festival and it basically sells out right away.. before the acts of the next year are announced.
Chances for X Japan fans to get tickets would be extremely low. (unless they already had Wacken tickets)
From that POV I would opt against Wacken.
If they play in Europe then I want to see them life and not only on TV   
Yes, I am selfish  ;D ;)

Offline hatsor

• Administrator
  • Rookie
  • Without music, life would be a mistake.-Nietzsche
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: January 22, 2019, 09:03:03 PM

Wacken is with very few exceptions an "invitation only" festival and it basically sells out right away.. before the acts of the next year are announced.
Chances for X Japan fans to get tickets would be extremely low. (unless they already had Wacken tickets)
From that POV I would opt against Wacken.
If they play in Europe then I want to see them life and not only on TV   
Yes, I am selfish  ;D ;)

I agree, I would much rather see them play in an arena than in a festival  :D
I also have to agree on wacken, it sells out really quickly so it would be a quick chance, but I think there's always a few acts that are announced before the selling starts (correct me if I'm wrong).
It would still be a decent opportunity since it is streamed and there is a lot of people who watch it. But live is always a different experience. Hope X can do some European tours shows soon though ;D

I know not what tomorrow will bring. - F.P.

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: January 22, 2019, 11:47:40 PM
wow - seriously - anyone who doesn't bash Yoshiki without mercy is a Yoshiki clone for you?
 ::) ::) ::)

I was kidding, tho.

When Coachella was announced, it was sold out too. What’s the difference? Besides, there’re many other rock / metal festivals than Wacken. I would prefer just an X concert but festivals are a really good way to get exposure, a lot of bands do it and work out well for them.
And apparently, Yoshiki rejected an invitation to Hellfest a few years ago.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 11:52:04 PM by pt_93 »

Offline Tahemet

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: January 23, 2019, 05:03:26 AM
[quote author=pt_93 link=topic=7567.msg96491#msg96491 date=1548200860
I was kidding, tho.
When Coachella was announced, it was sold out too. What’s the difference? Besides, there’re many other rock / metal festivals than Wacken. I would prefer just an X concert but festivals are a really good way to get exposure, a lot of bands do it and work out well for them.
And apparently, Yoshiki rejected an invitation to Hellfest a few years ago.
[/quote]

this is the internet, without the use of smilies it can be had to know if someone is kidding or not.

I won't comment on Hellfest because I am missing the necessary background information about this "apparent" decision.

Yes,  exposure is good. And festivals are a good placefor that. Wacken would of course be very cool because it is one of the most important Metal festivals. And X Japan totally deserves to be invited   (hell, even Babymetal was invited). But I think that we all would prefer a festival we can actually get tickets for when one of the rare out of Japan concerts happen.

Offline Astralmind

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: January 23, 2019, 09:27:49 PM
Mostly a lurker here but I'll chime in, just for the heck of it. As someone else mentioned, I'd rather see posts like these from disgruntled fans than no activity at all. Posting in a random forum isn't gonna fix anything but at least it shows that people still give a shit even if it is with criticism.

To me, it feels like Yoshiki turned X-Japan into one of his many brands. X-Japan isn't a collective anymore, barely a band if even. It's a name, an Image and a vehicle for him to promote his different products on various platforms. The glamorous paid articles, the documentary, the rather random and scarce performances, all these are marketing his image, not much else.

That doesn't make him an evil person but it's a very hard thing to witness coming from someone who I admired as a spectacular musician and member of a legendary band.

To see the X-Japan name being relinquished to that status is frustrating, saddening. There's a bit of a weird treason feeling I guess. Again, my problem, not anyone else's.

It's this whole what X-Japan could currently be (and could have been for the past decade) vs what it is that is perplexing/frustrating. Short of Yoshiki's health concerns (which were marketed as f*** too..), there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation as to why an album isn't out already, tours haven't happened etc.. MSG, réunion, world tour, couple songs and then... Not much other than spread out failed attempts and drama. Disappointing.. That's all

Offline Party of One

• View Profile
Reply #73 on: January 24, 2019, 03:36:42 AM
I just switched from frequent "Guest" to member and thought I'd jump in on the most active thread here.  I'm new to the band since discovering them last year, can't get enough of the music I've found so far, done a lot of research and hope that "RIP" is a premature pronouncement although I understand the frustration about the album that  is apparently done but collecting dust somewhere.  I have personal experience with eccentric geniuses and their art - they'll follow their instincts no matter what anybody says - and have faith that there's a method to Yoshiki's madness along with some knowledge of how the music business works.  We can only speculate about what's going on behind the scenes and between the members.  All we can do is wait, and until then I'll continue to appreciate what this band has already given and it's more than enough to keep the anticipation high on what comes next, whenever it does.     

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: January 25, 2019, 12:11:24 AM
Mostly a lurker here but I'll chime in, just for the heck of it. As someone else mentioned, I'd rather see posts like these from disgruntled fans than no activity at all. Posting in a random forum isn't gonna fix anything but at least it shows that people still give a shit even if it is with criticism.

To me, it feels like Yoshiki turned X-Japan into one of his many brands. X-Japan isn't a collective anymore, barely a band if even. It's a name, an Image and a vehicle for him to promote his different products on various platforms. The glamorous paid articles, the documentary, the rather random and scarce performances, all these are marketing his image, not much else.

That doesn't make him an evil person but it's a very hard thing to witness coming from someone who I admired as a spectacular musician and member of a legendary band.

To see the X-Japan name being relinquished to that status is frustrating, saddening. There's a bit of a weird treason feeling I guess. Again, my problem, not anyone else's.

It's this whole what X-Japan could currently be (and could have been for the past decade) vs what it is that is perplexing/frustrating. Short of Yoshiki's health concerns (which were marketed as f*** too..), there doesn't seem to be any logical explanation as to why an album isn't out already, tours haven't happened etc.. MSG, réunion, world tour, couple songs and then... Not much other than spread out failed attempts and drama. Disappointing.. That's all

Sums it up quite well and really drives home why I started this thread to begin with.

Offline Feudal

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: January 25, 2019, 12:12:27 AM
I just switched from frequent "Guest" to member and thought I'd jump in on the most active thread here.  I'm new to the band since discovering them last year, can't get enough of the music I've found so far, done a lot of research and hope that "RIP" is a premature pronouncement although I understand the frustration about the album that  is apparently done but collecting dust somewhere.  I have personal experience with eccentric geniuses and their art - they'll follow their instincts no matter what anybody says - and have faith that there's a method to Yoshiki's madness along with some knowledge of how the music business works.  We can only speculate about what's going on behind the scenes and between the members.  All we can do is wait, and until then I'll continue to appreciate what this band has already given and it's more than enough to keep the anticipation high on what comes next, whenever it does.     

Welcome! Ah the honeymoon phase...wish I could go back. This gave me some Teemeah dejavu haha.

Offline Party of One

• View Profile
Reply #76 on: January 25, 2019, 01:07:00 AM

Welcome! Ah the honeymoon phase...wish I could go back. This gave me some Teemeah dejavu haha.

Well, I have two ex-husbands so I know the honeymoon phase doesn't last so I'll make the most of it while I can! 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 01:10:07 AM by Party of One »

Offline pt_93

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: January 25, 2019, 02:27:59 AM
I must say I like your attitude LOL

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
  • Bokuwa ongakuka, dentaku katateni。
    • View Profile
    • some kind of nerdness...
Reply #78 on: January 25, 2019, 10:07:40 AM
(...)

Well, I have two ex-husbands so I know the honeymoon phase doesn't last so I'll make the most of it while I can!
Touché
You are damn cool!  ;D <3

positively unsure。

Offline Saint

• View Profile
Reply #79 on: May 27, 2019, 06:01:47 AM
Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum, and thought I'd just chime in on this topic. I think I share the sentiments of most people here. It seems weird that there was a lot of momentum, new singles, touring and so on and then nothing. I really thought that after the We are X movie and Coachella that an album was going to come out! There was soo much press about We are X, all positive, so it would have been a great time. I don't think X Japan is totally dead yet, but yeah it seems like it's really on the back burner. However for whatever reason I have a feeling that the album will come out in 2020. It just seems like a good year. I remember that Yoshiki initially planned to restart X Japan in 2000 with hide after Toshi initially left, so maybe he'll release the album in 2020? It sounds like a good year haha! But yeah who knows.

As for other topics, I do agree hide was a big part in crafting the guitar solos. When I first heard X, I was blown away at how melodic and great the guitar solos were. After listening to hide's solo work, you can still see that really great melodic style in his solos. But X post hide, the solos haven't really been the same. Sugizo is still a great guitarist though! Anyways I'm just glad they're still all alive, and hopefully I'll be able to catch them live once more before they finally break up. All good things have to come to an end, right?

Offline axlroseX

• Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 27, 2019, 03:31:17 PM
Yoshiki doesn't care anymore. I doubt the album will actually materialize. None of the members seem all that interested in X. Wasnt their last show to an empty arena (due to weather)? Kind of fitting lol

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: May 27, 2019, 08:41:47 PM
hey saint,

thank you for your opinion. We'll see ;) since when are you a fan of X? May I ask you? :)

Hey Axl,
you are right. Toshi said this and who can blame him? Also PATA is really kicking with raIN. I'm wondering what Heath is doing.

positively unsure。

Offline Saint

• View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 27, 2019, 10:33:43 PM
Hi nb! I've been a fan of X for a few years now. I recently started listening to them again! I discovered them through the Last Live videos on Youtube (like probably a bunch of other people). I'm now trying to catch up and see what's been going on with them! I'm still holding out on the new album, but I'm not holding my breath :) In the meantime I'm trying to start buying their CDs and merch. I found a box set of their Blurays on ebay for only $70, but it seems suspicious since most of them seem to be in the hundreds. Wonder if it's a bootleg.

And yeah Axlrose, I think I saw a trailer for that on Yoshiki's twitter. That did seem weird! I think this sort of stuff happens with bands as they get older though. I know people have been waiting for the new Guns N Roses album forever too.

Do you guys think that they might do more Japan shows this year? I think they'll only do a world tour if and when they release the new album. Do you guys think that Yoshiki is stalling on it because he doesn't want to have a flop of a full studio album? Do you think he's still really committed to being somewhat big in the mainstream in the West? With all the press from We are X, I think he's sort of been able to cultivate this great image of being a great and respected band in Japan, so even if their record doesn't do well in the states, I doubt anyone will look at it as a flop. Who knows what's going on in his mind!

I wish Toshi would do more side projects. Hide had the best solo career from all of them :) 

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #83 on: May 28, 2019, 12:57:06 AM
Yoshiki doesn't care anymore. I doubt the album will actually materialize. None of the members seem all that interested in X. Wasnt their last show to an empty arena (due to weather)? Kind of fitting lol

Lol yeah. Also we really need the other members to go full Sawada, aka nagging and pricking yo-chan so much that he is forced to give lots of time to band activities.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 03:59:10 AM by WeekEnder »

*nuzzles*

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 28, 2019, 08:07:48 AM
Full Sawada lol. It may is the correct term xD

@Saint

I think he is afraid of a flop of the album. But idc. I mean it's more or less obvious that the first album after a reunion isn't the best. that goes for most bands. I don't expect the best album, I just expect *a* album. I mean he kept promising us the album will be out "this year" since 2010.

Yes, I think he wants to go mainstream with X. But I don't see this either. 1. We love X for being a vkei band and the mix of metal and solid rock ballads the most. It seems like Yoshiki doesn't like this kind of music anymore. But it's okay. When your taste changes over the years nothing wrong with it. But he could let Toshi and Sugizo participate more in the song writing.
2. They are old. Most mainstream acts are young artists loved by the youth. It's not the time for a 50+ band and metal to sell millions of records these days.

positively unsure。

Offline KurenaiRoseOfPain

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • KurenaiRoseX-Twitter-
Reply #85 on: May 28, 2019, 01:50:14 PM
@nb all of that makes sense yes.
I also expect nothing special from the album. just so I won't be disappointed. but then Yoshiki said with this album he will bring rock back, but all the new songs we could hear so far were ballads. what do you think he meant by that? I would like to have some heavy songs on it but I know I can't expect too much.
do you think or know if Toshi or Sugizo or any of the other members have some input in the new album? Beneath the skin is by Sugizo that's all I know.

~Dry your tears with love~

Offline WeekEnder

• Sunday Listener
  • UwU
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
Reply #86 on: May 29, 2019, 04:10:55 AM
If Yo manages to release this album thingy in 2019, I would like him to distribute the load of promotion on every single member.
Yoshiki's lone wolf style promotion and drama of We are X flim was awkward af and felt like he suppressed other members.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2019, 06:40:28 AM by WeekEnder »

*nuzzles*

Offline nb

• Administrator
  • Big fan
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: May 29, 2019, 10:02:09 AM
Hey WeekEnder,
can't agree more.

Rose,
honestly I think he wanted to bring rock back to mainstream but afaik he said this a couple of years ago. Correct me when I'm wrong. I think he just changed. The first after reunion songs were all a lot more rock then the new ones. And since he is totally into touring with Sarah B. (for only one song) I think he changed his mind. I honestly believe that there are at least 3 more or less completed albums from the last 10 years. His first attempt was to rerecord a lot of the old songs in english, something, he is now completely away from it. Even the english songs Deep Red and Rusty Nail are performed in japanese again.

It is normal that an artist changes his mind a lot in 12 years (since reunion). See what happened from Vanishing Vision to Dahlia and this has been only 8 years! And because of that I think it's really important to release your stuff because it's normal that you are not 100% satisfied with your "old" stuff.
Since when are we waiting for the Violet UK Album? ;)

positively unsure。

Offline Saint

• View Profile
Reply #88 on: May 30, 2019, 04:10:49 AM
@nb You're right I'm sure Yo has changed his mind quite a bit, but also I think the way music is consumed these days has changed more than ever. I don't think any of them foresaw how popular they would get all around the world through the internet with literally zero promotion on their part at all! Nowadays bands don't have to be on the radio at all and they can still develop a big cult following, and sometimes they have much healthier careers compared to acts which hit the mainstream for a hit or two and then disappear. I still don't know what is with the hold up with the album(s?). Sometimes I wonder if in Yo's own mind he's built up the legacy of X so much that he's afraid that anything less would give the story of X a band ending, considering it would likely be their last album. All the members still seem to be fairly active though (except for Heath, no idea what he's up to!), so it seems like they still have some juice in the tank.

Offline kayabee

• Sunday Listener
    • View Profile
    • Poetry
Reply #89 on: June 27, 2019, 02:37:51 AM
Bringing this alive because I've been wondering the same thing as Axl I am also wondering where teemah is. Also, I agree somewhat with the OG poster, but I also wonder... what label is X signed to? Is there a possibility of a label holding them back? A either wa, this post brought back memories of my first post on here and everyone fought... over Yoshiki. He seems to be the main cause of arguments on here lol